Skip to content

Up the Middle Pressure

The Browns Board
31 7 796
  • Is there an echo in here??

  • Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

  • Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    Not in the least bit.

  • Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

    Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

    Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.

    Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

    Trollolololol.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think Barnett and Williams may be the equals of those two.

    Trollolololol.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Trollolololol.

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Which games have you watched that make you feel that way? I haven't paid much attention to Barnett or Williams.

    Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?

    @the-gipper said:

    Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?

    I wasn't the one saying Barnett and Williams are equal to them thus why I asked you. I thought you had made an informed decision. I already said I have not watched much of them.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Which games have you watched that say that they aren't?

    I wasn't the one saying Barnett and Williams are equal to them thus why I asked you. I thought you had made an informed decision. I already said I have not watched much of them.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I wasn't the one saying Barnett and Williams are equal to them thus why I asked you. I thought you had made an informed decision. I already said I have not watched much of them.

    My opinion of them is as well devoloped as it that about Williams and Garrett.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Trollolololol.

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

    @the-gipper said:

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

    Ummmm...

    But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.

    And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.

  • @the-gipper said:

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

    Ummmm...

    But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.

    And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ummmm...

    But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.

    And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.

    I don't think so. A stud of a passing rushing DT is every bit if not more valuable than an edge rusher. It is just a fact that edge rushers have much less resistance than most DTs. DTs have to fight of OGs, OCs, and often blocking fullbacks. So it is much harder for them to get sacks.

    A Michael Dean Perry was more valuable than a Rob Barnett. When JJ Watt or Reggie Watt went inside they were quite possibly more dangerous than any DE.

    Again, and edge rusher's job is simply easier.

    But tell you what.....if the Browns had a MDP type player on the inside to go along with Shelton....how good do you think Obgah and Nassib would look then?

    Their jobs would be a lot easier, and they would look a lot better.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Trollolololol.

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

    @the-gipper said:

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

    Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.

  • @the-gipper said:

    They may be. You have no more fucking clue about it than I do.

    Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.

    And, who gives a flying fuck about that?

    Again, remember, you and I are just stupid fans. We don't mean shit. Your opinion don't mean shit. Mine neither.

    But, and I don't know if we got off track here...but to bring it back:

    Our Browns FO just made a big investment is DEs/OLBs last year, Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert....and possibly Collins.

    And I am simply saying that is highly probable that they have faith in those picks, and that picking up an edge rusher may not be their highest priority.

    OK, sure, if they absolutely fall in love with a guy like Garrett, and think they can't live without him, they may go against their own grain and pick the guy.

    That would still not change their basic philosophy...nor the needs of the team re these other positions.

  • Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    Jonathon Allen plays for the best team in College Football and he's the reason they are the best team. Allen should be our first pick no matter what! And if Reuben Foster is there at 12 take him too!

  • Christ we are in for a long few months

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Of the two of us I'm willing to wager a great deal that I've watched more tape on all four to backup my opinion.

    And, who gives a flying fuck about that?

    Again, remember, you and I are just stupid fans. We don't mean shit. Your opinion don't mean shit. Mine neither.

    But, and I don't know if we got off track here...but to bring it back:

    Our Browns FO just made a big investment is DEs/OLBs last year, Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert....and possibly Collins.

    And I am simply saying that is highly probable that they have faith in those picks, and that picking up an edge rusher may not be their highest priority.

    OK, sure, if they absolutely fall in love with a guy like Garrett, and think they can't live without him, they may go against their own grain and pick the guy.

    That would still not change their basic philosophy...nor the needs of the team re these other positions.

    @the-gipper said:

    And, who gives a flying fuck about that?

    Again, remember, you and I are just stupid fans. We don't mean shit. Your opinion don't mean shit. Mine neither.

    But, and I don't know if we got off track here...but to bring it back:

    Our Browns FO just made a big investment is DEs/OLBs last year, Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert....and possibly Collins.

    And I am simply saying that is highly probable that they have faith in those picks, and that picking up an edge rusher may not be their highest priority.

    OK, sure, if they absolutely fall in love with a guy like Garrett, and think they can't live without him, they may go against their own grain and pick the guy.

    That would still not change their basic philosophy...nor the needs of the team re these other positions.

    Speak for yourself, my draft board the last 10 years vs our vaunted front offices has more than held its own.

    I might never make six figures involved in professional football but as a former NFL player that went to my church one told me 'its not a game coached or played by geniuses'.

    I'll assume any teams highest priority is QB at any time you don't have a franchise player. But priority and availability have to align otherwise you've sank your pick into a middle of the road player(at best) at the most important position in sports.

    Draft class strength MUST be taken into account and the most consistent front offices in the NFL keep it in mind. I'm not saying Mitch is trash by any means, but the field to which you would compare a player to his constituents is....lacking.

    Is there any doubt about that?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Im in camp allen for now, but would anyone really be all that pissed if we took garett?

    Jonathon Allen plays for the best team in College Football and he's the reason they are the best team. Allen should be our first pick no matter what! And if Reuben Foster is there at 12 take him too!

    @opal312 said:

    Jonathon Allen plays for the best team in College Football and he's the reason they are the best team. Allen should be our first pick no matter what! And if Reuben Foster is there at 12 take him too!

    Apparently not. While I only peeked in on the game, in the commentary afterward it seemed a consensus that Allen had a rather pedestrian game. I heard the Ruben Foster was the true star of the Alabama defense.

    Just going by what I heard.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And, who gives a flying fuck about that?

    Again, remember, you and I are just stupid fans. We don't mean shit. Your opinion don't mean shit. Mine neither.

    But, and I don't know if we got off track here...but to bring it back:

    Our Browns FO just made a big investment is DEs/OLBs last year, Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert....and possibly Collins.

    And I am simply saying that is highly probable that they have faith in those picks, and that picking up an edge rusher may not be their highest priority.

    OK, sure, if they absolutely fall in love with a guy like Garrett, and think they can't live without him, they may go against their own grain and pick the guy.

    That would still not change their basic philosophy...nor the needs of the team re these other positions.

    Speak for yourself, my draft board the last 10 years vs our vaunted front offices has more than held its own.

    I might never make six figures involved in professional football but as a former NFL player that went to my church one told me 'its not a game coached or played by geniuses'.

    I'll assume any teams highest priority is QB at any time you don't have a franchise player. But priority and availability have to align otherwise you've sank your pick into a middle of the road player(at best) at the most important position in sports.

    Draft class strength MUST be taken into account and the most consistent front offices in the NFL keep it in mind. I'm not saying Mitch is trash by any means, but the field to which you would compare a player to his constituents is....lacking.

    Is there any doubt about that?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Speak for yourself, my draft board the last 10 years vs our vaunted front offices has more than held its own.

    Your draft board don't matter to anyone but you.

    I might never make six figures involved in professional football but as a former NFL player that went to my church one told me 'its not a game coached or played by geniuses'.

    I'll assume any teams highest priority is QB at any time you don't have a franchise player. But priority and availability have to align otherwise you've sank your pick into a middle of the road player(at best) at the most important position in sports.

    Maybe....Or, maybe a Hall of Fame Player?

    You have no fucking clue what he will become.

    Draft class strength MUST be taken into account and the most consistent front offices in the NFL keep it in mind. I'm not saying Mitch is trash by any means, but the field to which you would compare a player to his constituents is....lacking.

    Is there any doubt about that?

    Considerable.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ummmm...

    But the bigger point is that the whole premise of this thread is off base. Edge rushers are where it's at for QB disruption making a QB step up, cutting the distance DTs have to penetrate gets them more sacks than their rush skills get them. It's true even for the great DTs.

    And I can see Allen playing inside... a lot... even in a base 4-3.

    I don't think so. A stud of a passing rushing DT is every bit if not more valuable than an edge rusher. It is just a fact that edge rushers have much less resistance than most DTs. DTs have to fight of OGs, OCs, and often blocking fullbacks. So it is much harder for them to get sacks.

    A Michael Dean Perry was more valuable than a Rob Barnett. When JJ Watt or Reggie Watt went inside they were quite possibly more dangerous than any DE.

    Again, and edge rusher's job is simply easier.

    But tell you what.....if the Browns had a MDP type player on the inside to go along with Shelton....how good do you think Obgah and Nassib would look then?

    Their jobs would be a lot easier, and they would look a lot better.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think so. A stud of a passing rushing DT is every bit if not more valuable than an edge rusher. It is just a fact that edge rushers have much less resistance than most DTs. DTs have to fight of OGs, OCs, and often blocking fullbacks. So it is much harder for them to get sacks.

    A Michael Dean Perry was more valuable than a Rob Barnett. When JJ Watt or Reggie Watt went inside they were quite possibly more dangerous than any DE.

    Again, and edge rusher's job is simply easier.

    But tell you what.....if the Browns had a MDP type player on the inside to go along with Shelton....how good do you think Obgah and Nassib would look then?

    Their jobs would be a lot easier, and they would look a lot better.

    So the players who are less impactful are more important... got it.

    And Og and Nas would look like Og and Nas...

    @the-gipper said:

    Just going by what I heard.

    We're stunned...