RG3 on HGTV's Fixer Upper
-
Thought some of you might be interested in seeing this:
http://nesn.com/2017/01/robert-griffin-iii-teams-with-fixer-upper-to-renovate-home-for-veteran/
-
That show is filmed in Waco, sight of Baylor.
-
Watched it last night. In one scene, Chip was standing in the middle of an open barn door and asked RG to throw him his tape measure, needless to say not only did he miss Chip, but he missed the entire broadside of the barn.
-
If we are going to talk about this guy, let's talk about him.

59% to Kessler's 65%. Yet, far less yards per attempt, less TDs, more INTs, and took more sacks in almost 50 less attempts.
22 TDs to 21 INTs since he got injured his rookie year. Rating and Completion % falling every year.
I don't think we need to be the team to give this guy any more time, especially considering what is available in the draft and vet QBs that could be acquired.
I believe he has a roster bonus March 15th, cut bait.
Zombo
-
Yes, to me, RG is simply a caretaker QB. Perhaps he stays here in an interim role until our next QB develops.
-
Yes, to me, RG is simply a caretaker QB. Perhaps he stays here in an interim role until our next QB develops.
Yes, to me, RG is simply a caretaker QB. Perhaps he stays here in an interim role until our next QB develops.
Doesn't make sense to me.
Kessler is better. Whoever you draft or bring in, Kessler can be the other guy, we don't need RG3.
Zombo
-
If we are going to talk about this guy, let's talk about him.

59% to Kessler's 65%. Yet, far less yards per attempt, less TDs, more INTs, and took more sacks in almost 50 less attempts.
22 TDs to 21 INTs since he got injured his rookie year. Rating and Completion % falling every year.
I don't think we need to be the team to give this guy any more time, especially considering what is available in the draft and vet QBs that could be acquired.
I believe he has a roster bonus March 15th, cut bait.
Zombo
If RG 3 starts next year you can include him on the team leader of tackles.Zombo said:
If we are going to talk about this guy, let's talk about him.

59% to Kessler's 65%. Yet, far less yards per attempt, less TDs, more INTs, and took more sacks in almost 50 less attempts.
22 TDs to 21 INTs since he got injured his rookie year. Rating and Completion % falling every year.
I don't think we need to be the team to give this guy any more time, especially considering what is available in the draft and vet QBs that could be acquired.
I believe he has a roster bonus March 15th, cut bait.
Zombo
seriously the qb rating speaks for itself.
-
Yes, to me, RG is simply a caretaker QB. Perhaps he stays here in an interim role until our next QB develops.
Doesn't make sense to me.
Kessler is better. Whoever you draft or bring in, Kessler can be the other guy, we don't need RG3.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Doesn't make sense to me.
Kessler is better. Whoever you draft or bring in, Kessler can be the other guy, we don't need RG3.
Zombo
Maybe, I just don't know that I would be totally comfortable with just Kessler, Hogan,and a rookie.
-
Zombo said:
Doesn't make sense to me.
Kessler is better. Whoever you draft or bring in, Kessler can be the other guy, we don't need RG3.
Zombo
Maybe, I just don't know that I would be totally comfortable with just Kessler, Hogan,and a rookie.
Maybe, I just don't know that I would be totally comfortable with just Kessler, Hogan,and a rookie.
I'm not comfortable with RG3 playing football for us and taking snaps away from our future.
Don't think you need Hogan in that scenario, you can keep McCown around as third Qb for security blanket.
Z
-
Maybe, I just don't know that I would be totally comfortable with just Kessler, Hogan,and a rookie.
I'm not comfortable with RG3 playing football for us and taking snaps away from our future.
Don't think you need Hogan in that scenario, you can keep McCown around as third Qb for security blanket.
Z
Zombo said:
I'm not comfortable with RG3 playing football for us and taking snaps away from our future.
Don't think you need Hogan in that scenario, you can keep McCown around as third Qb for security blanket.
Z
I would do that. Not sure if the Browns still want him around in QB capacity though.
-
Maybe, I just don't know that I would be totally comfortable with just Kessler, Hogan,and a rookie.
I'm not comfortable with RG3 playing football for us and taking snaps away from our future.
Don't think you need Hogan in that scenario, you can keep McCown around as third Qb for security blanket.
Z
Zombo said:
I'm not comfortable with RG3 playing football for us and taking snaps away from our future.
Don't think you need Hogan in that scenario, you can keep McCown around as third Qb for security blanket.
Z
i'd rather have RG3 than McCown, I've seen McCown blow too many games throwing stupid interceptions/losing fumbles to trust him as a QB who can drag this team to victory on his back. RG3, albeit in a very small sample size, has shown he can at least drive down the field and get into the end zone. I think he shows more upside than McCown, I'd rather have McCown stick around as a QB coach instead of player and roll with Kessler as starter, RG3/Hogan as backups and spend some high draft picks fixing this awful defense.
-
If we are going to talk about this guy, let's talk about him.

59% to Kessler's 65%. Yet, far less yards per attempt, less TDs, more INTs, and took more sacks in almost 50 less attempts.
22 TDs to 21 INTs since he got injured his rookie year. Rating and Completion % falling every year.
I don't think we need to be the team to give this guy any more time, especially considering what is available in the draft and vet QBs that could be acquired.
I believe he has a roster bonus March 15th, cut bait.
Zombo
Zombo said:
If we are going to talk about this guy, let's talk about him.

59% to Kessler's 65%. Yet, far less yards per attempt, less TDs, more INTs, and took more sacks in almost 50 less attempts.
22 TDs to 21 INTs since he got injured his rookie year. Rating and Completion % falling every year.
I don't think we need to be the team to give this guy any more time, especially considering what is available in the draft and vet QBs that could be acquired.
I believe he has a roster bonus March 15th, cut bait.
Zombo
You're Preaching to the Choir Z. LOL, just please don't replace him with RG IV.

-
Zombo said:
I'm not comfortable with RG3 playing football for us and taking snaps away from our future.
Don't think you need Hogan in that scenario, you can keep McCown around as third Qb for security blanket.
Z
i'd rather have RG3 than McCown, I've seen McCown blow too many games throwing stupid interceptions/losing fumbles to trust him as a QB who can drag this team to victory on his back. RG3, albeit in a very small sample size, has shown he can at least drive down the field and get into the end zone. I think he shows more upside than McCown, I'd rather have McCown stick around as a QB coach instead of player and roll with Kessler as starter, RG3/Hogan as backups and spend some high draft picks fixing this awful defense.
We don't need Griffin or McCown.i'd rather have RG3 than McCown, I've seen McCown blow too many games throwing stupid interceptions/losing fumbles to trust him as a QB who can drag this team to victory on his back. RG3, albeit in a very small sample size, has shown he can at least drive down the field and get into the end zone. I think he shows more upside than McCown, I'd rather have McCown stick around as a QB coach instead of player and roll with Kessler as starter, RG3/Hogan as backups and spend some high draft picks fixing this awful defense.
Grop/Kessler/Hogan.
I was just telling Gip that of he wants to draft a rookie and feels like he needs a babysitter, don't keep a guy around that is going to take snaps away from the young guys. Griffin wants to start. Get rid of him.
Z
-
We don't need Griffin or McCown.i'd rather have RG3 than McCown, I've seen McCown blow too many games throwing stupid interceptions/losing fumbles to trust him as a QB who can drag this team to victory on his back. RG3, albeit in a very small sample size, has shown he can at least drive down the field and get into the end zone. I think he shows more upside than McCown, I'd rather have McCown stick around as a QB coach instead of player and roll with Kessler as starter, RG3/Hogan as backups and spend some high draft picks fixing this awful defense.
Grop/Kessler/Hogan.
I was just telling Gip that of he wants to draft a rookie and feels like he needs a babysitter, don't keep a guy around that is going to take snaps away from the young guys. Griffin wants to start. Get rid of him.
Z
Zombo said:
We don't need Griffin or McCown.
Grop/Kessler/Hogan.
I was just telling Gip that of he wants to draft a rookie and feels like he needs a babysitter, don't keep a guy around that is going to take snaps away from the young guys. Griffin wants to start. Get rid of him.
Z
I think we're on the same page there Z, Griffin has delusions of grandeur that he's still a starting qb in the NFL, and he's too expensive to keep around as a backup. Let McCown retire and hire him as the qb coach. Hue has already said Josh can have a great future coaching- if that's what the wants to do.
Cody starts, and if we draft my fave Mitch, let him sit for as long as necessary. Trubs may be the biggest risk, but MHO is he has the highest upside.
-
Zombo said:
We don't need Griffin or McCown.
Grop/Kessler/Hogan.
I was just telling Gip that of he wants to draft a rookie and feels like he needs a babysitter, don't keep a guy around that is going to take snaps away from the young guys. Griffin wants to start. Get rid of him.
Z
I think we're on the same page there Z, Griffin has delusions of grandeur that he's still a starting qb in the NFL, and he's too expensive to keep around as a backup. Let McCown retire and hire him as the qb coach. Hue has already said Josh can have a great future coaching- if that's what the wants to do.
Cody starts, and if we draft my fave Mitch, let him sit for as long as necessary. Trubs may be the biggest risk, but MHO is he has the highest upside.
I think we're on the same page there Z, Griffin has delusions of grandeur that he's still a starting qb in the NFL, and he's too expensive to keep around as a backup. Let McCown retire and hire him as the qb coach. Hue has already said Josh can have a great future coaching- if that's what the wants to do.
Cody starts, and if we draft my fave Mitch, let him sit for as long as necessary. Trubs may be the biggest risk, but MHO is he has the highest upside.
I'm asking because I don't know.....Is it possible to name McCown as a "Player Coach"?
I'm leaning more & more toward using #1 for Trubisky. As deep as this draft is in D talent, Ghoolie's argument is making sense to me.
Mike
-
Better on Fixer Upper than Hard Knocks...
But HGTV watching? Really?
Are you not married? HGTV is constantly on in my house..dictated so by my wife. And I do watch and like several of their shows.
The House Hunter shows. Flea Market Flip.
The ones I don't like to watch are the rehab, repair shows. I don't like to be reminded of my inadequacies as a handyman.
-
Better on Fixer Upper than Hard Knocks...
But HGTV watching? Really?
Gip has it right- my wife is addicted to that stuff too. For me at least HGTV's Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, House Hunters International is at least tolerable, in very limited quantities. On HHI, you have these uber rich folks looking at million buck houses in the Caribbean. Which one to buy? OTOH when she's watching that ridiculous crap on Bravo! like the Real Housewives of (pick a city) & she watches every one of them- or a show I like to call the Vander-dump Rules I get the hell out of the Man Cave and head for the alternate TV ASAP. (She gets evicted for sports) Like I really want to see rich bitches having phony tiffs in front of the camera. I like to call them Attention Whores. The only thing that caught my eye for five minutes is when Donald Sterling (ex Clippers owner) wife was on one of the episodes, and got an inside look at Don's house. It probably surpasses LeBron's.
I'm asking because I don't know.....Is it possible to name McCown as a "Player Coach"?
I'm leaning more & more toward using #1 for Trubisky. As deep as this draft is in D talent, Ghoolie's argument is making sense to me.
Mike
It could be done. The problem is Josh would take up a roster spot. Is he worth that? MHO is probably not.
-
Better on Fixer Upper than Hard Knocks...
But HGTV watching? Really?
Gip has it right- my wife is addicted to that stuff too. For me at least HGTV's Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, House Hunters International is at least tolerable, in very limited quantities. On HHI, you have these uber rich folks looking at million buck houses in the Caribbean. Which one to buy? OTOH when she's watching that ridiculous crap on Bravo! like the Real Housewives of (pick a city) & she watches every one of them- or a show I like to call the Vander-dump Rules I get the hell out of the Man Cave and head for the alternate TV ASAP. (She gets evicted for sports) Like I really want to see rich bitches having phony tiffs in front of the camera. I like to call them Attention Whores. The only thing that caught my eye for five minutes is when Donald Sterling (ex Clippers owner) wife was on one of the episodes, and got an inside look at Don's house. It probably surpasses LeBron's.
I'm asking because I don't know.....Is it possible to name McCown as a "Player Coach"?
I'm leaning more & more toward using #1 for Trubisky. As deep as this draft is in D talent, Ghoolie's argument is making sense to me.
Mike
It could be done. The problem is Josh would take up a roster spot. Is he worth that? MHO is probably not.
Gip has it right- my wife is addicted to that stuff too. For me at least HGTV's Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, House Hunters International is at least tolerable, in very limited quantities. On HHI, you have these uber rich folks looking at million buck houses in the Caribbean. Which one to buy? OTOH when she's watching that ridiculous crap on Bravo! like the Real Housewives of (pick a city) & she watches every one of them- or a show I like to call the Vander-dump Rules I get the hell out of the Man Cave and head for the alternate TV ASAP. (She gets evicted for sports) Like I really want to see rich bitches having phony tiffs in front of the camera. I like to call them Attention Whores. The only thing that caught my eye for five minutes is when Donald Sterling (ex Clippers owner) wife was on one of the episodes, and got an inside look at Don's house. It probably surpasses LeBron's.
It could be done. The problem is Josh would take up a roster spot. Is he worth that? MHO is probably not.
My wife is good about that. She hates that Real Housewives shit. So I have no concerns there.
The thing that she does want to watch sometimes that I can't stomache is this show about young girls dancing. They have this big fat ugly woman out of Pittsburgh on there who acts like a Gestapo agent toward these kids. Dance Moms I think it is called.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login