Mock Draft Central
-
Gip-Rob Rang of CBS now agrees with me after hiring of the defensive coach. Switched to Myles Garrett.
"The decision to replace Ray Horton with Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator could be a sign that the top priority in Cleveland is not at quarterback but instead boosting a defense that statistically ranked near the bottom in nearly every meaningful category this past season."
Maybe...or, as I have theorized, they brought in Williams to improve the play of the underachieving defenders that we already have on this team.
It may also be a fact that, even if the Browns do go QB at #1 that they will not forsake the defense. They could go QB at #1 and D at 12 and 33...and that could still make Williams happy.
Cleveland.com now on that same page.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/nfl_mock_draft_2017_version_1.html
SBnation, Bleacherreport, SanDiegoUnion, draftsite.com, newsday.com, draftwire/usatoday.com............................. all now have us taking Garrett.
Foxsports.com
"The Browns have many needs, but the pass rush is a massive one and, even in this draft chock full of elite pass rushers, Garrett can be considered a generational talent. There isn’t a better player in this draft and the Browns shouldn’t overthink this."NFLmocks.com""The urge to take a quarterback is going to be strong for the Cleveland Browns, for obvious reasons. They have few answers at the position and can’t expect to win in the AFC North without one. Still, at present there doesn’t appear to be a QB worth the #1 overall pick. Perhaps that will change during the predraft process, which it often can but until it does this team is not in a position to afford missing on such important picks.Myles Garrett is the kind of generational talent that can change the landscape of an entire half of a football team. He’s big, strong, explosive and athletic. The kind of edge rusher who would fit in any defense. Quarterback will have to know where he is at all times and even running backs won’t be able to avoid him all the time. Put him in the hands of an experienced coach like Gregg Williams? It’s a quite the intriguing marriage."
"Myles, get me 6 sacks of Big Ben this year including at least one strip sack and I will donate a velociraptor to your new museum"-Greg Williams
:lol:Well, everyone with a computer and a blog has their choice. The chick that writes for the Akron Beacon Journal is clamoring for the Browns to take Watson.
It is all fickle. These writers likely change their minds from week to week just to produce readable copy.
The only guys whose opinions really matter are Jimmy Haslam, Sachi Brown, Andrew Berry, and Hue Jackson...and perhaps some underlings who are feeding them info.
I doubt seriously that they have made up their minds, nor will we know until the end of April.
But, yes, in the meantime we will all continue to report what the mocks say just for shits and giggles.
Gip-Rob Rang of CBS now agrees with me after hiring of the defensive coach. Switched to Myles Garrett.
"The decision to replace Ray Horton with Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator could be a sign that the top priority in Cleveland is not at quarterback but instead boosting a defense that statistically ranked near the bottom in nearly every meaningful category this past season."
Maybe...or, as I have theorized, they brought in Williams to improve the play of the underachieving defenders that we already have on this team.
It may also be a fact that, even if the Browns do go QB at #1 that they will not forsake the defense. They could go QB at #1 and D at 12 and 33...and that could still make Williams happy.
Cleveland.com now on that same page.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/nfl_mock_draft_2017_version_1.html
SBnation, Bleacherreport, SanDiegoUnion, draftsite.com, newsday.com, draftwire/usatoday.com............................. all now have us taking Garrett.
Foxsports.com
"The Browns have many needs, but the pass rush is a massive one and, even in this draft chock full of elite pass rushers, Garrett can be considered a generational talent. There isn’t a better player in this draft and the Browns shouldn’t overthink this."NFLmocks.com""The urge to take a quarterback is going to be strong for the Cleveland Browns, for obvious reasons. They have few answers at the position and can’t expect to win in the AFC North without one. Still, at present there doesn’t appear to be a QB worth the #1 overall pick. Perhaps that will change during the predraft process, which it often can but until it does this team is not in a position to afford missing on such important picks.Myles Garrett is the kind of generational talent that can change the landscape of an entire half of a football team. He’s big, strong, explosive and athletic. The kind of edge rusher who would fit in any defense. Quarterback will have to know where he is at all times and even running backs won’t be able to avoid him all the time. Put him in the hands of an experienced coach like Gregg Williams? It’s a quite the intriguing marriage."
"Myles, get me 6 sacks of Big Ben this year including at least one strip sack and I will donate a velociraptor to your new museum"-Greg Williams
:lol:Well, everyone with a computer and a blog has their choice. The chick that writes for the Akron Beacon Journal is clamoring for the Browns to take Watson.
It is all fickle. These writers likely change their minds from week to week just to produce readable copy.
The only guys whose opinions really matter are Jimmy Haslam, Sachi Brown, Andrew Berry, and Hue Jackson...and perhaps some underlings who are feeding them info.
I doubt seriously that they have made up their minds, nor will we know until the end of April.
But, yes, in the meantime we will all continue to report what the mocks say just for shits and giggles.
Agree-it tends to change most as we go through the NFL and school combines and the opening couple of weeks in FA. But you know the old saying, "Think long, think wrong".

-
We aren't taking a QB 1
-
Matt Miller, Bleacher Report
Browns - Myles Garrett DE
49ers - Mitch Tribusky QB
Bears - Josh Allen QB
Jaguars - Jonathan Allen DL
Titans - Mike Williams WR
Jets - Tim Williams EDGE
Chargers - Ryan Ramczyk OT
Panthers - Leonard Fournette RB
Bengals - Reuben Foster LB
Bills - DeShaun Watson QB
Saints - Derek Barnett DE
Browns - Deshone Kizer QB
-
Sort of a head up his ass mock draft:
1. Browns Garrett
2. 49ers Derek Barnett
3. Bears Jonathan Allen
4. Jags Leonard Fournette
5. Titans Mike Williams
6. Jet Malik Hooker
7. Chargers Jamal Adams
8. Panthers Ryan Ramczyk
9. Bengals Ruben Foster
10. Bills Soloman Thomas
11. Saints Takkarist McKinley
12. Browns Mitch Trubisky
13. Cards DeShone Kizer
14. Colt Dalvin Cook.
Sure, it would be nice......but it would NEVER happen...that 5 QB needy teams would all pass on a QB until one is taken at #12.
Bet the farm this would never take place.
-
Sort of a head up his ass mock draft:
1. Browns Garrett
2. 49ers Derek Barnett
3. Bears Jonathan Allen
4. Jags Leonard Fournette
5. Titans Mike Williams
6. Jet Malik Hooker
7. Chargers Jamal Adams
8. Panthers Ryan Ramczyk
9. Bengals Ruben Foster
10. Bills Soloman Thomas
11. Saints Takkarist McKinley
12. Browns Mitch Trubisky
13. Cards DeShone Kizer
14. Colt Dalvin Cook.
Sure, it would be nice......but it would NEVER happen...that 5 QB needy teams would all pass on a QB until one is taken at #12.
Bet the farm this would never take place.
Sort of a head up his ass mock draft:
1. Browns Garrett
2. 49ers Derek Barnett
3. Bears Jonathan Allen
4. Jags Leonard Fournette
5. Titans Mike Williams
6. Jet Malik Hooker
7. Chargers Jamal Adams
8. Panthers Ryan Ramczyk
9. Bengals Ruben Foster
10. Bills Soloman Thomas
11. Saints Takkarist McKinley
12. Browns Mitch Trubisky
13. Cards DeShone Kizer
14. Colt Dalvin Cook.
Sure, it would be nice......but it would NEVER happen...that 5 QB needy teams would all pass on a QB until one is taken at #12.
Bet the farm this would never take place.
Time for Sushi Brown to send somebody to North Carolina and plant a bag of weed in MTS car.
WSS
-
I'm not sold on Mitch at number one but should he drop at 12...
WSS
If you would take him at 12 you may as well take him at 1, because he won't be there at 12.
And there is far less of a dropoff in talent at that edge rush spot than there is at QB...meaning, you can get almost as good a player at that spot at 12 as you can at 1, (but, imo....you can't do the same at QB)
If you would take him at 12 you may as well take him at 1, because he won't be there at 12.
And there is far less of a dropoff in talent at that edge rush spot than there is at QB...meaning, you can get almost as good a player at that spot at 12 as you can at 1, (but, imo....you can't do the same at QB)
I don't agree with that at all. We have the first friggen pick. The last thing we need to do is reach.
-
The Browns are rumored to be interested in Tyrod Taylor. Many fans already speculated on this before the article this morning, and it does make a ton of sense. Tyrod doesn't set the league on fire, but he doesn't turn the ball over and he's durable. He also plays the style of game that Hue likes. Wouldn't surprise me if we signed Tyrod Taylor, cut RG III and McCown, AND traded for Garoppolo. Laugh all you want, but the race is on for a QB. Some way or another, I'm willing to bet our QB room will look completely different, with only Kessler being the only holdover.
As far as the mock drafts go, I think Garrett is by far the best pick available at #1. I don't even think it's close. Just so happens that he fills a TREMENDOUS position of need for our team. Ogbah would've had about 6 more sacks if he played with a pass rusher opposite of him, as many times he got solid pressure only to see the QB drift away from him because there was no defender on the other side. Our #12 pick is where it gets foggy. Today, my favorite pick is Reuben Foster from Alabama. He'd be an enforcing linebacker that would pair nicely with both Collins and Kirksey (I'm saying we WILL re-sign Collins...we WILL.....). There's no telling if Foster will even be there at 12, and many analysts are currently saying he won't be there, but who knows right now. If he's not there, I'm totally fine with picking our highest rated CB on the board. My crazy pick at #12? How about Dalvin Cook, running back from my alma mater. He's nasty.
-
If you would take him at 12 you may as well take him at 1, because he won't be there at 12.
And there is far less of a dropoff in talent at that edge rush spot than there is at QB...meaning, you can get almost as good a player at that spot at 12 as you can at 1, (but, imo....you can't do the same at QB)
I don't agree with that at all. We have the first friggen pick. The last thing we need to do is reach.
I don't agree with that at all. We have the first friggen pick. The last thing we need to do is reach.
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
-
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
-
I don't agree with that at all. We have the first friggen pick. The last thing we need to do is reach.
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
Maybe we don't, but every rankings I see has Garrett firmly as the top pick. Trub is ranked all over the board. Some have him as a 2nd round pick. Now that shows maybe people don't know abbout him.
This isn't to bash Trub. Don't overthink things. We have a player how is very solid in his rank, and he is also at a position of need for us.
It's a no brainer. The only way I don't draft him is if I don't move down more than maybe 5-6 slots in a trade and I pick up a boat full of picks. I'd take a swap of picks, a first next year, a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year.
I see next years QB class as better than this. Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
-
Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
We wont have to move up ......1 is as high as you can go

-
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
Do you mean you are having bullfrogs doing your picking now?
-
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
-
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
Do you mean you are having bullfrogs doing your picking now?
Do you mean you are having bullfrogs doing your picking now?

He would probably do a better job than Sashi
-
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
I don't want to draft a RB at all. Crow and DJ are solid. I like George Atkinson. I think he will be good and we pick up that Jackson kid off the Dallas practice squad. He is going to be good. If we need to go in to camp with more, sign a few UDFA and then wait for camp cuts if we still feel we need a 5th back on the roster.
If your O-line is any good, nearly anyone can be a decent runner. When I say nearly anyone, I am talking about players on NFL rosters or in their camp. I am not talking about you, I or anyone else on the board.
-
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
I don't want to draft a RB at all. Crow and DJ are solid. I like George Atkinson. I think he will be good and we pick up that Jackson kid off the Dallas practice squad. He is going to be good. If we need to go in to camp with more, sign a few UDFA and then wait for camp cuts if we still feel we need a 5th back on the roster.
If your O-line is any good, nearly anyone can be a decent runner. When I say nearly anyone, I am talking about players on NFL rosters or in their camp. I am not talking about you, I or anyone else on the board.
I don't want to draft a RB at all. Crow and DJ are solid. I like George Atkinson. I think he will be good and we pick up that Jackson kid off the Dallas practice squad. He is going to be good. If we need to go in to camp with more, sign a few UDFA and then wait for camp cuts if we still feel we need a 5th back on the roster.
If your O-line is any good, nearly anyone can be a decent runner. When I say nearly anyone, I am talking about players on NFL rosters or in their camp. I am not talking about you, I or anyone else on the board.
With so many needs on this team, yes, if the Browns get an RB, they could pick up a FA....or a UDFA and be fine in my opinion.
Get us a line in front of these guys we have and they can make hay.
-
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
-
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
Maybe we don't, but every rankings I see has Garrett firmly as the top pick. Trub is ranked all over the board. Some have him as a 2nd round pick. Now that shows maybe people don't know abbout him.
This isn't to bash Trub. Don't overthink things. We have a player how is very solid in his rank, and he is also at a position of need for us.
It's a no brainer. The only way I don't draft him is if I don't move down more than maybe 5-6 slots in a trade and I pick up a boat full of picks. I'd take a swap of picks, a first next year, a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year.
I see next years QB class as better than this. Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
It's a no brainer. The only way I don't draft him is if I don't move down more than maybe 5-6 slots in a trade and I pick up a boat full of picks. I'd take a swap of picks, a first next year, a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year.
I see next years QB class as better than this. Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
Garrett may be a no brainer, but how many times have we heard "next year's qb class is better than this one". Happens almost every year. So we take Garrett and another defensive stud, finish maybe 5-11 or 6-10, and lo and behold, there's another Andrew Luck sitting there for the taking at #1. Too bad we can't get him, because the qb needy team sitting at the pole position isn't listening to any offers.
-
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login