Mock Draft Central
-
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
Do you mean you are having bullfrogs doing your picking now?
-
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
-
Jeremiah has us going Garrett at 1 and Dalvin Cook at 12
Do you mean you are having bullfrogs doing your picking now?
Do you mean you are having bullfrogs doing your picking now?

He would probably do a better job than Sashi
-
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
I don't want to draft a RB at all. Crow and DJ are solid. I like George Atkinson. I think he will be good and we pick up that Jackson kid off the Dallas practice squad. He is going to be good. If we need to go in to camp with more, sign a few UDFA and then wait for camp cuts if we still feel we need a 5th back on the roster.
If your O-line is any good, nearly anyone can be a decent runner. When I say nearly anyone, I am talking about players on NFL rosters or in their camp. I am not talking about you, I or anyone else on the board.
-
I'll be beyond pissed if we draft a running back in the first two rounds.
I don't want to draft a RB at all. Crow and DJ are solid. I like George Atkinson. I think he will be good and we pick up that Jackson kid off the Dallas practice squad. He is going to be good. If we need to go in to camp with more, sign a few UDFA and then wait for camp cuts if we still feel we need a 5th back on the roster.
If your O-line is any good, nearly anyone can be a decent runner. When I say nearly anyone, I am talking about players on NFL rosters or in their camp. I am not talking about you, I or anyone else on the board.
I don't want to draft a RB at all. Crow and DJ are solid. I like George Atkinson. I think he will be good and we pick up that Jackson kid off the Dallas practice squad. He is going to be good. If we need to go in to camp with more, sign a few UDFA and then wait for camp cuts if we still feel we need a 5th back on the roster.
If your O-line is any good, nearly anyone can be a decent runner. When I say nearly anyone, I am talking about players on NFL rosters or in their camp. I am not talking about you, I or anyone else on the board.
With so many needs on this team, yes, if the Browns get an RB, they could pick up a FA....or a UDFA and be fine in my opinion.
Get us a line in front of these guys we have and they can make hay.
-
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
-
Except, again, we have no clue what a "reach" is. As I said elsewhere, every pick if a risk.
And, can it not be considered that not taking a pick that you desperately need is also a "reach".
Maybe we don't, but every rankings I see has Garrett firmly as the top pick. Trub is ranked all over the board. Some have him as a 2nd round pick. Now that shows maybe people don't know abbout him.
This isn't to bash Trub. Don't overthink things. We have a player how is very solid in his rank, and he is also at a position of need for us.
It's a no brainer. The only way I don't draft him is if I don't move down more than maybe 5-6 slots in a trade and I pick up a boat full of picks. I'd take a swap of picks, a first next year, a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year.
I see next years QB class as better than this. Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
It's a no brainer. The only way I don't draft him is if I don't move down more than maybe 5-6 slots in a trade and I pick up a boat full of picks. I'd take a swap of picks, a first next year, a 2nd this year, and a 3rd next year.
I see next years QB class as better than this. Load up the assets for next draft so we can move up.
Garrett may be a no brainer, but how many times have we heard "next year's qb class is better than this one". Happens almost every year. So we take Garrett and another defensive stud, finish maybe 5-11 or 6-10, and lo and behold, there's another Andrew Luck sitting there for the taking at #1. Too bad we can't get him, because the qb needy team sitting at the pole position isn't listening to any offers.
-
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
-
Zombo said:
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
I think there would be two schools of thought at work here:
1. Garrett too great to pass up
2. Browns getting their QB elsewhere: Garoppolo, Taylor, McCarron, etc.
Zombo
-
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
I think there would be two schools of thought at work here:
1. Garrett too great to pass up
2. Browns getting their QB elsewhere: Garoppolo, Taylor, McCarron, etc.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I think there would be two schools of thought at work here:
1. Garrett too great to pass up
For a franchise QB I would pass him up.
2. Browns getting their QB elsewhere: Garoppolo, Taylor, McCarron, etc.
And these guys don't count.
(maybe G...but not at the price asked)
Zombo
-
What would be your favorite Rookie combo?
Trubisky and Fournette
Garrett and Foster
Hooker and Peppers
Garrett and Fournette
Trubisky and Robinson
Hooker and Foster
Allen and Fournette
Garrett and Allen
Fournette and Foster
Trubisky and Foster
... shit kind of confused myself lol...
I
My favorite combo- Fournette/Trubisky
If we went Defense- Hooker/Foster
If we went 50\50- Fournette/Hooker
-
Trubisky and Foster
This could work for me.
Or MT and Barnett. Or MT and Tabor.
-
Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.
At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.
MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.
I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.
The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!
-
Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.
At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.
MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.
I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.
The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!
Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.
At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.
MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.
I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.
The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!
Give it a rest. The Browns will never draft Fournette. He represents one of our least positions of need.
And enough of your fantasy of having both the #1 and #2 pick.
I mean, you want fantasies...go to like pornhub or something.
-
Zombo said:
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.
-
Zombo said:
Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.
Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.
Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.
Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.
Zombo
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
Just no. Lets move down a spot to the Bears. Cutler is probably gone, leaves them Barkley and Hoyer. Jets? Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg, Gino Smith.
Kaepernick might have a decent qbr- but he's a head case.
-
Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.
At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.
MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.
I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.
The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!
Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.
At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.
MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.
I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.
The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!
Hate to remind you your last beast rb is out of football. We are absolutely not drafting a RB with one of our first round picks. AND we're not drafting #1 and #2 either. Not the way this FO values draft picks. To move up from #12 will cost at least our first, a future first, two seconds, and probably a fourth or two. NOT happening, especially for a RB. Assuming we take Mitch first. If you think Fournette is going #1 overall, U R NUTS.
If Mitch checks out as QBOTF- we're just going to take him #1 overall, and take BPA defender @ #12. The only sane trade up is with the Titans- to #5, depending on who's still on the board. I'm starting to buy into the Garrett hype- if he's Von Miller good, you head up to Roger and hand him the card.
-
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/
7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins
-
Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?
They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.
The guys we have are not as good as those guys.
I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)
No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.
No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.
Well, OK, how about this plan: we do without RG, Kaep, and let Kessler be a backup to hopefully an actual good QB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login