Skip to content

Mock Draft Central

The Browns Board
222 30 7.0k
  • What would be your favorite Rookie combo?

    Trubisky and Fournette

    Garrett and Foster

    Hooker and Peppers

    Garrett and Fournette

    Trubisky and Robinson

    Hooker and Foster

    Allen and Fournette

    Garrett and Allen

    Fournette and Foster

    Trubisky and Foster

    ... shit kind of confused myself lol...

    I

    My favorite combo- Fournette/Trubisky

    If we went Defense- Hooker/Foster

    If we went 50\50- Fournette/Hooker

  • Trubisky and Foster

    This could work for me.

    Or MT and Barnett. Or MT and Tabor.

  • Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.

    At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.

    MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.

    I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.

    The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!

  • Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.

    At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.

    MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.

    I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.

    The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!

    @poeticg said:

    Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.

    At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.

    MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.

    I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.

    The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!

    Give it a rest. The Browns will never draft Fournette. He represents one of our least positions of need.

    And enough of your fantasy of having both the #1 and #2 pick.

    I mean, you want fantasies...go to like pornhub or something.

  • Zombo said:

    Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.

    Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.

    Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.

    Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.

    Zombo

    Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?

    They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.

    The guys we have are not as good as those guys.

    I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)

    @the-gipper said:

    Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?

    They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.

    The guys we have are not as good as those guys.

    I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)

    No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.

  • Zombo said:

    Kiper's mock came out today. He had us taking Garrett and the the FSU RB at #12.

    Had Trub going #2 to SF and Watson #10.

    Seems to be a lot people thinking we will trade (Grop,Taylor, Mccarron) as opposed to drafting at QB.

    Who knows, I think it is too damn early to tell.

    Zombo

    Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?

    They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.

    The guys we have are not as good as those guys.

    I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)

    @the-gipper said:

    Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?

    They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.

    The guys we have are not as good as those guys.

    I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)

    Just no. Lets move down a spot to the Bears. Cutler is probably gone, leaves them Barkley and Hoyer. Jets? Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg, Gino Smith.

    Kaepernick might have a decent qbr- but he's a head case.

  • Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.

    At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.

    MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.

    I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.

    The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!

    @poeticg said:

    Fournette is one of the Elite Players in the Draft. He's probably the safest blue chip player that we could draft. I would have to really consider trading up from 12 to #3 to get Trubisky and Fournette. That would be an awesome start for our rebuild.

    At 6'1" 235lbs with the vision, speed and power he has... he could be our new Jim Brown. He takes on tacklers, engages in blocks and catches with ease- I really wanted Trubisky to be the guy but Fournette is just too good a RB to pass on.

    MT passes the eye test but there just isn't enough evidence over the course of his time as a STARTING QB that can justify taking him 1st. With Fournette on the team you would forget Crowell and Duke ever existed.

    I will say this however, if Mitch Trubisky continues to hit all the right buttons up until the draft I would feel it justified to trade up from 12 to take Trubisky.

    The tricky part is that if Trubisky is on the board at 2, SF will not trade us the pick. They will probably take it. However, if we take Trubisky #1 and THEN trade SF the farm for that #2 spot... I think it could work!

    Hate to remind you your last beast rb is out of football. We are absolutely not drafting a RB with one of our first round picks. AND we're not drafting #1 and #2 either. Not the way this FO values draft picks. To move up from #12 will cost at least our first, a future first, two seconds, and probably a fourth or two. NOT happening, especially for a RB. Assuming we take Mitch first. If you think Fournette is going #1 overall, U R NUTS.

    If Mitch checks out as QBOTF- we're just going to take him #1 overall, and take BPA defender @ #12. The only sane trade up is with the Titans- to #5, depending on who's still on the board. I'm starting to buy into the Garrett hype- if he's Von Miller good, you head up to Roger and hand him the card.

  • http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

    7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins

  • @the-gipper said:

    Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?

    They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.

    The guys we have are not as good as those guys.

    I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)

    No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.

    @mark-o said:

    No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.

    Well, OK, how about this plan: we do without RG, Kaep, and let Kessler be a backup to hopefully an actual good QB.

  • http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

    7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins

    @darren15 said:

    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

    7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins

    Interesting. Taking Kaaya with #52. I have to wrap my head around that and figure out what I think about it.

    What pros and cons do you all see about that move?

  • Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

  • Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

    @darren15 said:

    Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

  • @darren15 said:

    Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

    @the-gipper said:

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

    If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.

    WSS

  • Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    Clowney is a far better comparison in size, quickness, athleticism and position. Still never got the Mingo thing. Just gunshy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

    If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.

    WSS

    I would agree. That is why I am pretty sure we will take a QB in round one. Because we are desperate.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    Yes, Mingo was slight compared to Garrett. Brown may be a more apt bodily comparison.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    Great points... some scouts wonder about Garrett's intensity... on the other hand, he's still in college....

    this draft is going to be more fun than the last one !

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Agree and agree... he's already well beyond Mingo and at 21 his body is going to mature and "thicken".

  • New mock from NFL Network

    1. Watson

    12. Foster

    33. Baker

    52. A. Jackson

    I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.