Mock Draft Central
-
Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion
I have him as a mid 3rd onwards
-
If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.
WSS
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Clowney is a far better comparison in size, quickness, athleticism and position. Still never got the Mingo thing. Just gunshy.
-
If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.
WSS
If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.
WSS
I would agree. That is why I am pretty sure we will take a QB in round one. Because we are desperate.
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Yes, Mingo was slight compared to Garrett. Brown may be a more apt bodily comparison.
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Great points... some scouts wonder about Garrett's intensity... on the other hand, he's still in college....
this draft is going to be more fun than the last one !
-
Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was
determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas
instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft
is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.
I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would
seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...
this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,
need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know
if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to
fix a few positions...
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.
Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.
Agree and agree... he's already well beyond Mingo and at 21 his body is going to mature and "thicken".
-
They had cooper kupp at 65 as well, I'm ok with that. If it *does* go like that, I'd be confused but OK with it.
-
They had cooper kupp at 65 as well, I'm ok with that. If it *does* go like that, I'd be confused but OK with it.
-
I may be on my own here but I would kind of rather lose the third round comp pick than the first pick of the fourth round. Anyone else?
-
New mock from NFL Network
1. Watson
12. Foster
33. Baker
52. A. Jackson
I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.
New mock from NFL Network
1. Watson
12. Foster
33. Baker
52. A. Jackson
I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.
I absolutely cannot see us not taking an elite Edge player at #1.
Even my dream #12, Foster, could not console me, if we pass on one.
-
Garrett
Allen
Adams
Hooker
Foster
Lattimore
Murphy
Plus a couple of QBs maybe.
I don't see an 'elite' level player being available at 12. We should look to trade up with Chargers/Panthers maybe - what would it cost? 12->8, a second round pick at least I'd imagine.
-
New mock from NFL Network
1. Watson
12. Foster
33. Baker
52. A. Jackson
I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.
I absolutely cannot see us not taking an elite Edge player at #1.
Even my dream #12, Foster, could not console me, if we pass on one.
-
What if we flip em and go Foster at 1 and Thomas at 12?
Thomas? Ah... as in Solomon... haven't looked at him as yet. Guess I should since otherwise at #1 I'm moving deeper and deeper into the Camp Garrett... and that's keeping Foster out of my top spot... so unless Sashi writes "Foster #1 no matter what" on a scrap of paper...
One thing for sure... as crowded as that top 12 is getting something good is falling to us at 12.
-
I keep thinking how difficult it will be for our front office NOT to trade. For instance, I read a potential trade scenario that read like this: Carolina trades their #8 pick to us, with their second rounder, and next year's first and second to move up to #1. If a monster deal like THAT gets thrown on the table, I think it's difficult to turn down. Browns fans are VERY discouraged with trading down, and the general consensus I get is that "we need to stop getting cute and just make the pick." I think we've actually made the right deals in past years, we just haven't made the right PICKS. Does that history dissuade us from entertaining deals? Should we simply take the best player on our board and live with it? In this deal, we only go down to #8. There's a high chance of us either getting one of the top safeties, a QB, Reuben Foster at LB, or even another pass rusher such as Solomon or Barnett. Then at 12, we could pick whatever else we need (cornerback?)
My heart says to just MAKE THE PICK!!! But my brain says we need more picks to strengthen our roster.
-
Jig - we got a deal better than that to go from #2 to #8. If it's Carolina - and there are a couple of teams like them and the bengals that have good foundations and might think they're only one player away - then I could see them wanting to move up, but it'll cost more than that I think.
For reference:

We swapped firsts, picked up another first, a third last year and a second next year.
I'm thinking at least two 1s and two 2s to move down to the panthers. Charge the Bengals the division tax to move up as well, like a third, or putney.
On the topic of future dated picks, there's apparently a 'rule of thumb' stating they go down in value one round per year. To me that's kind of bullshit. I'd be quite happy to trade a seventh round pick this year for a sixth next year; then that sixth for a fifth and the seventh for another sixth etc until you have a steady stream of extra first or second round picks every year. Trouble of course is being around long enough to see it out, maybe that's why there's a premium on the time frame of the pick.
-
I keep thinking how difficult it will be for our front office NOT to trade. For instance, I read a potential trade scenario that read like this: Carolina trades their #8 pick to us, with their second rounder, and next year's first and second to move up to #1. If a monster deal like THAT gets thrown on the table, I think it's difficult to turn down. Browns fans are VERY discouraged with trading down, and the general consensus I get is that "we need to stop getting cute and just make the pick." I think we've actually made the right deals in past years, we just haven't made the right PICKS. Does that history dissuade us from entertaining deals? Should we simply take the best player on our board and live with it? In this deal, we only go down to #8. There's a high chance of us either getting one of the top safeties, a QB, Reuben Foster at LB, or even another pass rusher such as Solomon or Barnett. Then at 12, we could pick whatever else we need (cornerback?)
My heart says to just MAKE THE PICK!!! But my brain says we need more picks to strengthen our roster.
I keep thinking how difficult it will be for our front office NOT to trade. For instance, I read a potential trade scenario that read like this: Carolina trades their #8 pick to us, with their second rounder, and next year's first and second to move up to #1. If a monster deal like THAT gets thrown on the table, I think it's difficult to turn down. Browns fans are VERY discouraged with trading down, and the general consensus I get is that "we need to stop getting cute and just make the pick." I think we've actually made the right deals in past years, we just haven't made the right PICKS. Does that history dissuade us from entertaining deals? Should we simply take the best player on our board and live with it? In this deal, we only go down to #8. There's a high chance of us either getting one of the top safeties, a QB, Reuben Foster at LB, or even another pass rusher such as Solomon or Barnett. Then at 12, we could pick whatever else we need (cornerback?)
My heart says to just MAKE THE PICK!!! But my brain says we need more picks to strengthen our roster.
It IS a vexing conundrum. On the one hand, yes, you want to get THE best player that is available with the #1 pick. On the other hand, this team is in such dire need at so many spots that this FO must consider a trade down to acquire more quantity of talent to fill those holes.
If you did the deal with Carolina you go from #1 to #8, then you also have #12, #33, #40, #52, #65. If good picks were made that would fill a lot of holes. Probably QB, OL, DE, CB, FS and more.
-
San Diego Tribune Mock Draft:
They have Browns taking:
#1 Garrett
#12 Ruben Foster
#33 Cordrea TAnkersly CB Clemson
#52 Haason Reddick OLB Temple.
Haven't heard much about this last guy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login