Skip to content

Mock Draft Central

The Browns Board
222 30 7.0k
  • @darren15 said:

    I'd prefer another one of those CB's if Foster is gone @#12.

  • On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.

    @ballpeen said:

    On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.

    @darren15 said:

    But then it's only "Bucky"....

    Was looking at his R1 mock yesterday... seeing who he passed over to tab Ramczyk at #12. OJH is the name that jumped out at me along with Williams, Clemson's now seemingly annual stud WR. But given our WR binge last draft and the relative depth of the two positions in this draft, I think I go TE.

    But, God, I still want Foster... even more with the threat of Cinci grabbing him. CAR does seem to me to be a plausible trade partner and even by the more expensive JJ chart a trade-up from 12 to 8 should start around something like: 1.08 <==> 1.12 + 3.Comp + 4.01

    @goozer said:

    There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.

    Welcome to the Board and the fray...

    I have a different take on Part 1... there's no risk with Allan at #1, but not much more with Garrett who comes with a higher.

    Part 2? Just one of many examples...

  • It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

  • @ballpeen said:

    On another note, if OJ Howard is there at 12, I think I take him. Screw barnidge and Devalve. Not that I don't like them, but Howard is a beast.

    @darren15 said:

    But then it's only "Bucky"....

    Was looking at his R1 mock yesterday... seeing who he passed over to tab Ramczyk at #12. OJH is the name that jumped out at me along with Williams, Clemson's now seemingly annual stud WR. But given our WR binge last draft and the relative depth of the two positions in this draft, I think I go TE.

    But, God, I still want Foster... even more with the threat of Cinci grabbing him. CAR does seem to me to be a plausible trade partner and even by the more expensive JJ chart a trade-up from 12 to 8 should start around something like: 1.08 <==> 1.12 + 3.Comp + 4.01

    @goozer said:

    There is no risk at all in taking Garrett. The second sentence make little sense.

    Welcome to the Board and the fray...

    I have a different take on Part 1... there's no risk with Allan at #1, but not much more with Garrett who comes with a higher.

    Part 2? Just one of many examples...

    @tour2ma said:

    seeing who he passed over to tab Ramczyk at #12.

    But, God, I still want Foster... even more with the threat of Cinci grabbing him. CAR does seem to me to be a plausible trade partner and even by the more expensive JJ chart a trade-up from 12 to 8 should start around something like: 1.08 <==> 1.12 + 3.Comp + 4.01

    Carolina maybe the trade-up team.Their real need was a guy like any T named Ramczyk last season. But Foster maybe the back-up plan on a aging Thomas Davis. Luke's only back-up is AJ Klein.Soon to be a FA. Shaq Thompson proves they have a great LB coach. Simply don't see a QB run early that keeps Foster out top 5. but we got time & draft value to keep digging..

  • It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    @wargograw said:

    It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    I certainly would if Foster is there. But we know how our FO likes quantity over quality. But here are also a ton of really good CBs to chose from @ 12. I can live with that.

  • Foster seems to be that special of a player that would warrant that trade.

    but cb is deep, and you would be giving up a rock solid OG/C, and

    a good safety....

    tough decisions, but the Browns finally have smart people to make them. I'm good

    with whatever they decide.

  • Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Round 1 Pick 1

    Round 1 Pick 12

    Round 2 Pick 1

    Round 2 Pick 20

    Round 3 Pick 1

    Round 3 Pick 39

    Round 4 Pick 1

    Round 4 Pick 36

    Round 5 Pick 1

    Round 5 Pick 31

    Round 5 Pick 34

    Round 6 Pick 1

  • Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Round 1 Pick 1

    Round 1 Pick 12

    Round 2 Pick 1

    Round 2 Pick 20

    Round 3 Pick 1

    Round 3 Pick 39

    Round 4 Pick 1

    Round 4 Pick 36

    Round 5 Pick 1

    Round 5 Pick 31

    Round 5 Pick 34

    Round 6 Pick 1

    @poeticg said:

    Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Round 1 Pick 1

    Round 1 Pick 12

    Round 2 Pick 1

    Round 2 Pick 20

    Round 3 Pick 1

    Round 3 Pick 39

    Round 4 Pick 1

    Round 4 Pick 36

    Round 5 Pick 1

    Round 5 Pick 31

    Round 5 Pick 34

    Round 6 Pick 1

    We already traded away the second 3rd rounder to NE for Jamie Collins and one of the 5th rounders for another trade we made so make sure you are aware of this. Otherwise, you'll be adding 2 guys in places other NFL teams will be selecting.

  • Well that's not good...

    Here's what I came up with anyways...

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Desmond King, CB/CB, Iowa ( 😎

    Round 2 Pick 20: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (B+)

    Round 3 Pick 1: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (A)

    Round 3 Pick 39: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 36: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OG, Texas A&M (B-)

    Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 34: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (B-)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2019 Round 1 Pick

    I know, 2 FBs right?

  • Excellent draft as usual, PoG.

  • "I'll give the credit to (South defensive coordinator) Gregg Williams, and the way he coached us this week and the mentality he instilled in us," South team defensive end Jordan Willis of Kansas State said. "I think everybody accepted his coaching style and ran with it, and that's why we played the way we played."

    So Jackson and Williams get their first victory of the year! That's a good sign. Here's a quote from Jordan Willis on Williams' coaching mentality, hope it carries over to the Browns as well.

  • It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    Heard that with the Sr. Bowl win Hue's 2017 win total now equals his 2016's...

    Funny enough that I chuckled as I winced...

    @wargograw said:

    It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    Absolutely, but bear in mind it's only a reasonable opening bid per the most generous chart when trading down. Once word of CAR being open to move the pick gets out, the price will rise.

    @poeticg said:

    Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Obviously based upon projections of awards that come out of a very complicated calculation that the NFL for some reason keeps secret.

    @flugel said:

    We already traded away the second 3rd rounder to NE for Jamie Collins and one of the 5th rounders for another trade we made so make sure you are aware of this. Otherwise, you'll be adding 2 guys in places other NFL teams will be selecting.

    Which I think the game is already reflecting since it only lists a single R3 comp and almost every projections has us receiving two.

    Oddly though it does not credit the Pats with the one they are due from us.

  • Heard that with the Sr. Bowl win Hue's 2017 win total now equals his 2016's...

    Funny enough that I chuckled as I winced...

    @wargograw said:

    It would only cost a third and fourth to move from 12 to 8? DO IT.

    Absolutely, but bear in mind it's only a reasonable opening bid per the most generous chart when trading down. Once word of CAR being open to move the pick gets out, the price will rise.

    @poeticg said:

    Compensatory picks have been added to the First-Pick draft game now. 12 picks.

    Obviously based upon projections of awards that come out of a very complicated calculation that the NFL for some reason keeps secret.

    @flugel said:

    We already traded away the second 3rd rounder to NE for Jamie Collins and one of the 5th rounders for another trade we made so make sure you are aware of this. Otherwise, you'll be adding 2 guys in places other NFL teams will be selecting.

    Which I think the game is already reflecting since it only lists a single R3 comp and almost every projections has us receiving two.

    Oddly though it does not credit the Pats with the one they are due from us.

    @tour2ma said:

    Heard that with the Sr. Bowl win Hue's 2017 win total now equals his 2016's...

    He has won two out three with the only loss in OT. Only Belichick and Quinn have more steam.

    Zombo

  • lol...

  • I decided to give the Fanspeak simulator a try and this is what I got. In my opinion it fills most of our needs and adds a lot of players who could be contributors from Day 1

    Round 1, Pick 1-Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M

    Round 1, Pick 12-Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama

    Round 2, Pick 1-Desmond King, CB, Iowa

    Round 2, Pick 20-DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

    Round 3, Pick 1-Pat Elflein, OG, Ohio State

    Round 4, Pick 1-Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

    Round 4, Pick 36-Isaac Rochell, DT, Notre Dame

    Round 5, Pick 1-Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

    Round 5, Pick 31-Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut

    Round 5, Pick 36-Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina

    Round 6, Pick 1-Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon

  • King is said to be a fs in the pros, kizer isn't the qb I would draft anywhere, Zay and Obi

    will be long gone, in the third? round maybe...

    nah. Don't need a late DL, need a cb and a fs. It's just tough to do a mock this year,

    much less this early.

  • Not enough offensive linemen

  • I really am interested in Obi, though.

  • Kizer will be gone by then I bet