Skip to content

browns chargers game 2017

The Browns Board
72 18 1.6k
  • It is so moronic for them to move to LA.. The market will be saturated with the Rams back there. No one in LA cares about the rams and especially wont care about the chargers. There were so many other markets that would have been so much more profitable. Las Vegas, San Antonio, anywhere but Los Angeles

  • This is why the NFL sucks worse and worse. They don't care about anything the fans want.

  • It is so moronic for them to move to LA.. The market will be saturated with the Rams back there. No one in LA cares about the rams and especially wont care about the chargers. There were so many other markets that would have been so much more profitable. Las Vegas, San Antonio, anywhere but Los Angeles

    @dawgsrule90 said:

    It is so moronic for them to move to LA.. The market will be saturated with the Rams back there. No one in LA cares about the rams and especially wont care about the chargers. There were so many other markets that would have been so much more profitable. Las Vegas, San Antonio, anywhere but Los Angeles

    Raiders will be moving to Vegas. So that is not open. But, yes, I do think San Antonio would have been better.

    A far more avid football fan base. Between SA and Austin it is a Top 10-15 market.

    It has a ready made, very functional stadium....that would likely be easily filled.

    And an area that would likely bend over backward to build a new stadium.

  • @bob806 said:

    Totally sucks for Chargers fans.

    Grand scheme of things, even though we love our teams, we are rooting for corporations.

    Jerry Jones & Bob Kraft were the big backers of the LA stadium project. They, as will the other 30 owners, will profit big time. The fans, waaay down the pecking order.

    Again....I guess I am wondering about that: How is going to LA going to make the NFL....and its other owners make all that much more profit? How is having a team in a city that is almost completely non-supportive an economic boon?

    Nationally I do not see where the Chargers will be any more attractive in LA than they were in SD.

    I mean, is it JUST stadium loge money?

    And with the Rams there that honey pot would have to be seriously divided.

    Will having half sold loges and half filled seats be all that remunerative.

    I guess the financial benefit of this move has to be explained to me, as I don't really see it.

    Though, there is one thing that I think will happen: The Chargers stadium will be half or more filled with the fans of the visiting teams.

    When the Browns play there next year, I expect the place to be overwhelmed by Browns fans. Same with when the Broncos/Chiefs/Steelers/Patriots etc. etc. etc. go there. The place will be taken over.

    Fair to say?

    @the-gipper said:

    Again....I guess I am wondering about that: How is going to LA going to make the NFL....and its other owners make all that much more profit? How is having a team in a city that is almost completely non-supportive an economic boon?

    Nationally I do not see where the Chargers will be any more attractive in LA than they were in SD.

    I mean, is it JUST stadium loge money?

    And with the Rams there that honey pot would have to be seriously divided.

    Will having half sold loges and half filled seats be all that remunerative.

    I guess the financial benefit of this move has to be explained to me, as I don't really see it.

    Though, there is one thing that I think will happen: The Chargers stadium will be half or more filled with the fans of the visiting teams.

    When the Browns play there next year, I expect the place to be overwhelmed by Browns fans. Same with when the Broncos/Chiefs/Steelers/Patriots etc. etc. etc. go there. The place will be taken over.

    Fair to say?

    I read somewhere, might have been on profootballtalk.com, that this LA stadium thing is similar to Jerry Jones' place, but on a larger scale (hard to believe).

    The NFL will gain by having FOX Sports headquarters there, hosting Super Bowls, NCAA events, maybe the draft, and so on.

    I think the ticket money we fans generate is just frosting on the cake for these guys. The TV revenue seems more important, that's why these owners want the Thursday games, even though it's generally a lousy product.

  • @dawgsrule90 said:

    It is so moronic for them to move to LA.. The market will be saturated with the Rams back there. No one in LA cares about the rams and especially wont care about the chargers. There were so many other markets that would have been so much more profitable. Las Vegas, San Antonio, anywhere but Los Angeles

    Raiders will be moving to Vegas. So that is not open. But, yes, I do think San Antonio would have been better.

    A far more avid football fan base. Between SA and Austin it is a Top 10-15 market.

    It has a ready made, very functional stadium....that would likely be easily filled.

    And an area that would likely bend over backward to build a new stadium.

    @the-gipper said:

    Raiders will be moving to Vegas. So that is not open. But, yes, I do think San Antonio would have been better.

    A far more avid football fan base. Between SA and Austin it is a Top 10-15 market.

    It has a ready made, very functional stadium....that would likely be easily filled.

    And an area that would likely bend over backward to build a new stadium.

    ...and Jerry opposes it. He doesn't want anymore competition for the NFL dollar in Texas, that's why a San Antonio team won't happen on his watch.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....I guess I am wondering about that: How is going to LA going to make the NFL....and its other owners make all that much more profit? How is having a team in a city that is almost completely non-supportive an economic boon?

    Nationally I do not see where the Chargers will be any more attractive in LA than they were in SD.

    I mean, is it JUST stadium loge money?

    And with the Rams there that honey pot would have to be seriously divided.

    Will having half sold loges and half filled seats be all that remunerative.

    I guess the financial benefit of this move has to be explained to me, as I don't really see it.

    Though, there is one thing that I think will happen: The Chargers stadium will be half or more filled with the fans of the visiting teams.

    When the Browns play there next year, I expect the place to be overwhelmed by Browns fans. Same with when the Broncos/Chiefs/Steelers/Patriots etc. etc. etc. go there. The place will be taken over.

    Fair to say?

    I read somewhere, might have been on profootballtalk.com, that this LA stadium thing is similar to Jerry Jones' place, but on a larger scale (hard to believe).

    The NFL will gain by having FOX Sports headquarters there, hosting Super Bowls, NCAA events, maybe the draft, and so on.

    I think the ticket money we fans generate is just frosting on the cake for these guys. The TV revenue seems more important, that's why these owners want the Thursday games, even though it's generally a lousy product.

    @bob806 said:

    I read somewhere, might have been on profootballtalk.com, that this LA stadium thing is similar to Jerry Jones' place, but on a larger scale (hard to believe).

    The NFL will gain by having FOX Sports headquarters there, hosting Super Bowls, NCAA events, maybe the draft, and so on.

    I think the ticket money we fans generate is just frosting on the cake for these guys. The TV revenue seems more important, that's why these owners want the Thursday games, even though it's generally a lousy product.

    I don't see how the NFL gains from NCAA tournaments, etc. That would be the owner of the stadium that benefits.

    I don't know, maybe the Chargers are right to go into only a 30K stadium. That may be about all the interest they engender.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Raiders will be moving to Vegas. So that is not open. But, yes, I do think San Antonio would have been better.

    A far more avid football fan base. Between SA and Austin it is a Top 10-15 market.

    It has a ready made, very functional stadium....that would likely be easily filled.

    And an area that would likely bend over backward to build a new stadium.

    ...and Jerry opposes it. He doesn't want anymore competition for the NFL dollar in Texas, that's why a San Antonio team won't happen on his watch.

    @bob806 said:

    ...and Jerry opposes it. He doesn't want anymore competition for the NFL dollar in Texas, that's why a San Antonio team won't happen on his watch.

    And why does everyone have to suck up to his sorry ass?

  • Did texas really need a 3rd team tho?

  • You can go stay in the south bay Hermosa Redondo beach area which in not too far from Carson

  • Boo fucking hoo. And of course corporatist ESPN is going to run a puff piece on how sad this move is.

    Reality? Spanos is a greedy bastard who doesn't care about anything especially the viability/perception of the NFL. As George Carlin famously said, it's a club and you ain't in it.. and they don't care about you.

    Are the Chargers correct? FUCK NO. The entire notion of a team is its city - without that, the team is literally nothing. Thought experiment: What, exactly, is the current Browns organization without Cleveland? Because Haslam doesn't get to take it with him.. that's Cleveland's.

    I say let Spanos and his rent-a-team fail for however long it takes. He'll come crawling back and be told to sit down, shut up, and pay for a stadium renovation out of his own revenue sharing deal.

    And if he doesn't, GOOD FOR SAN DIEGO. I live in a town (suburb of Boston) that happily and correctly told the Olympics to go pound sand because the economics weren't a good deal for the taxpayers.

    Ultimately this is not really a commentary on the NFL as an institution --- it's a commentary on the laughable absurdity of public cost / private profit enterprises, and the continuing revolt against the economic policies of the 1% who own each individual business.

  • Hopefully the move demoralizes the players and we can pull bosa out of there in time to play with nick when we draft him?

  • Did texas really need a 3rd team tho?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Did texas really need a 3rd team tho?

    Florida has 3. NY sorta has 3. Calif has 4...for now.

    Texas can probably support 3 teams better than LA can support one.

  • SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    As for me attending our trip to LA... not in the cards for 2017.

  • SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    As for me attending our trip to LA... not in the cards for 2017.

    @tour2ma said:

    SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    If the Browns moved to Columbus today to play in a soccer stadium while they had a football stadium built and changed their logo before you woke up this morning to reflect Columbus ... you'd have thousands of people dumping their now useless Cleveland Browns gear in front of the offices in Berea and and half the board saying "I'm Out!"

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    If the Browns moved to Columbus today to play in a soccer stadium while they had a football stadium built and changed their logo before you woke up this morning to reflect Columbus ... you'd have thousands of people dumping their now useless Cleveland Browns gear in front of the offices in Berea and and half the board saying "I'm Out!"

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If the Browns moved to Columbus today to play in a soccer stadium while they had a football stadium built and changed their logo before you woke up this morning to reflect Columbus ... you'd have thousands of people dumping their now useless Cleveland Browns gear in front of the offices in Berea and and half the board saying "I'm Out!"

    Zombo

    The Chargers have changed the logo too? Did not see that. Why would they do that ? (other, obviously than to change SD ot LA)

    There was nothing wrong with their logo that it needed changing....unless they want back to the original like 1960 LA Chargers logo.

    5dylj4wilsumiuzgg9ef7b9v2.gif

  • This is it? Its really pretty suck ass, ain't it:

    la-chargers-logo-2.jpg

  • Better, though I think this is an old one:

    fcanj8z9shiwxxhlro8r0azl8.gif

  • SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    As for me attending our trip to LA... not in the cards for 2017.

    @tour2ma said:

    SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    As for me attending our trip to LA... not in the cards for 2017.

    You hosting us if we all decide to do Houston?

  • Is this their new helmet design?

    Chargers-logo.png

    Basically same as the old, which is fine.

  • @tour2ma said:

    SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

    As for me attending our trip to LA... not in the cards for 2017.

    You hosting us if we all decide to do Houston?

    @the-gipper said:

    You hosting us if we all decide to do Houston?

    Hosting is a bit strong, but I know some places...