Skip to content

Brown Board Mock Draft 2017

The Browns Board
182 19 8.1k
  • I'll start recording who wants what teams in this thread as we form up. I've inserted a link to this post in my signature.

    I'll start a new thread as the draft approaches reserving the first several posts for round by round results and lists of drafted players by position.

    Let's start with every participant taking two teams. If past is prologue, we'll be lucky to get 16 participants.

    Please request consecutive teams. Participants' ability to select two players at once will speed our process. Due to real world trades this won't be the case all the time, but it will be the vast majority of the time.

    Since I will bear the awesome responsibility of selecting for the Browns, I will also take the eventual SB Champs. This sets up to make everyone's first team even-numbered and their second odd-numbered. Ag fell into this with his 49ers/CHI request (even if it was for the wrong reasons... 😉 ). Let's keep this rolling.

    If you are going to participate, please either be sure your account here is set to allow e-mails to be sent you or, if you value your privacy, send me your e-mail addy to help cut down the "pauses" in the proceedings.

    GM absences... Here is how we will proceed:

    • The Commisioner, me or my designee, will determine when a GM is deemed "absent".
    • As in the real draft we will skip an absent GM's teams.
    • When the GM shows, he can pick from remaining players at anytime.
    • If 24 hours pass, or at the end of the current round, whichever comes first, we will collectively back-fill any skipped picks.

    While I will be accepting, and requesting, team assignment changes in subsequent posts, the order and requests as of now are as follows:

    1. Tour ------- Cleveland (1-15)
    2. Ag ---------- San Francisco (2-14)
    3. Ag ---------- Chicago (3-13)
    4. The Gipper - Jacksonville (3-13)
    5. The Gipper - LA Rams (4-12) ===> darren15 - Tennessee
    6. LondonB - New York Jets (5-11)
    7. LondonB - LA Chargers (5-11)
    8. ConnorL - Carolina (6-10)
    9. ConnorL -Cincinnati (6-9-1)
    10. NMopar -- Buffalo (7-9)
    11. NMopar -- New Orleans (7-9)
    12. One Post - Philadelphia (7-9) ===> Tour - Cleveland
    13. One Post - Arizona (7-8-1)
    14. PoeticG - Minnesota (8-8) ===> One Post - Philadelphia
    15. PoeticG - Indianapolis (8-8)
    16. Unsympathetic - Baltimore (8-8)
    17. Unsympathetic - Washington (8-7-1)
    18. darren15 - Tennessee (9-7)
    19. darren15 - Tampa Bay (9-7)
    20. Mudlfy ---- Denver (9-7)
    21. Mudlfy ---- Detroit (9-7)
    22. Z&Gumby - Miami (10-6)
    23. Zumby ----- New York Giants (11-5)
    24. bbedwards - Oakland (12-4)
    25. bbedwards - Houston (9-7)
    26. Taco918 - Seattle (10-5-1)
    27. Taco918 - Kansas City (12-4)
    28. Flyin J -- Dallas (13-3)
    29. Flyin J -- Green Bay (10-6)
    30. Tour2ma - Pittsburgh (11-5)
    31. gftChris - Atlanta* (11-5)
    32. gftChris - New England* (14-2)

    http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/229004/updated-2017-nfl-draft-order-for-top-28mudfly -Z

  • 2 years ago we started in April and we never finished it .......... but your now commish .......your the man in charge Tour 🙂

    Can I have Titans and Jags please....Jags are the wife's team ....Titans have 2 picks early 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    2 years ago we started in April and we never finished it .......... but your now commish .......your the man in charge Tour 🙂

    Can I have Titans and Jags please....Jags are the wife's team ....Titans have 2 picks early 🙂

    Appreciate... trying a couple speed mechanisms and may crank up mid-March (beware the Ides!) ... a week to digest the Combine ought to be sufficient.

    Can I interest you in either the JAX-LA or WSH-TN pairing?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'll take SF and Denver so I can get Tour's cast off Garrett when he takes Allen. 😆

    Keep 'em together? Gave you SF and CHI (actually because I mis-remembered), but if you'd rather DNV and TB, let me know...

    Zombo said:

    I'll take a team if need be, not one of our division rivals, but I am only good for two or three rounds, anything more than that is for a limited audience IMO.

    Inactive roster for now? Subject to call up later if needed of course...

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Im in for 2 teams again! LMK!

    Name one... get one assigned free!*

    *Limited time offer...

    @one-post said:

    Tour. I'll take the Bears and Cards again plz.

    Bears are gone as of now... might I interest you in the Cards and Colts? Very alliterative... and also paired in the order.

    @flyin-j said:

    Give me the Tits and GB

    Tits are gone as of now and not near GB in the order anyway... but should darren release the Tits, they're yours.

  • OK tour I'll takes the gay ass colts also.

  • OK tour I'll takes the gay ass colts also.

    @one-post said:

    OK tour I'll takes the gay ass colts also.

    EDit: Actually I fucked up my offer/request...

    Should have been PHI-AZ, not az-ind... sorry about that...

    But pending Ag's decision the below alt might be available.

    Attaboy and thanks... but if Ag releases the Bears would you prefer the SF-CHI combo?

    Can't get any gayer than SF...

  • Alrighty, gimme Sea

  • @miktoxic said:

    I never understood this 'game' or 'contest' as there is no payout or real reward. This the one where people pick a team and they draft for them?

    Where's the one where we submit ONE (only one) locked down draft and whoever get's the most right picks wins the crown.

    The one you guys are talking about usually has one or two participants with multiple teams...don't see a payout even psychologically to support the fun in that.

    In my contest MoparBrowns Fan got a '61 Jim Brown card in ex condition. This year it will be a football card of your choice and a burger King lunch.

    "One said:

    In my contest MoparBrowns Fan got a '61 Jim Brown card in ex condition. This year it will be a football card of your choice and a burger King lunch.

    It is a beautiful card!!! THANK YOU!

    GO BROWNS!!!???

  • @darren15 said:

    2 years ago we started in April and we never finished it .......... but your now commish .......your the man in charge Tour 🙂

    Can I have Titans and Jags please....Jags are the wife's team ....Titans have 2 picks early 🙂

    Appreciate... trying a couple speed mechanisms and may crank up mid-March (beware the Ides!) ... a week to digest the Combine ought to be sufficient.

    Can I interest you in either the JAX-LA or WSH-TN pairing?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'll take SF and Denver so I can get Tour's cast off Garrett when he takes Allen. 😆

    Keep 'em together? Gave you SF and CHI (actually because I mis-remembered), but if you'd rather DNV and TB, let me know...

    Zombo said:

    I'll take a team if need be, not one of our division rivals, but I am only good for two or three rounds, anything more than that is for a limited audience IMO.

    Inactive roster for now? Subject to call up later if needed of course...

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Im in for 2 teams again! LMK!

    Name one... get one assigned free!*

    *Limited time offer...

    @one-post said:

    Tour. I'll take the Bears and Cards again plz.

    Bears are gone as of now... might I interest you in the Cards and Colts? Very alliterative... and also paired in the order.

    @flyin-j said:

    Give me the Tits and GB

    Tits are gone as of now and not near GB in the order anyway... but should darren release the Tits, they're yours.

    @tour2ma said:

    Appreciate... trying a couple speed mechanisms and may crank up mid-March (beware the Ides!) ... a week to digest the Combine ought to be sufficient.

    Can I interest you in either the JAX-LA or WSH-TN pairing?

    Keep 'em together? Gave you SF and CHI (actually because I mis-remembered), but if you'd rather DNV and TB, let me know...

    Inactive roster for now? Subject to call up later if needed of course...

    Name one... get one assigned free!*

    *Limited time offer...

    Bears are gone as of now... might I interest you in the Cards and Colts? Very alliterative... and also paired in the order.

    Tits are gone as of now and not near GB in the order anyway... but should darren release the Tits, they're yours.

    Sweet please give me New Orleans as my choice! Hook me up with whomever for my freebie ?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Appreciate... trying a couple speed mechanisms and may crank up mid-March (beware the Ides!) ... a week to digest the Combine ought to be sufficient.

    Can I interest you in either the JAX-LA or WSH-TN pairing?

    Keep 'em together? Gave you SF and CHI (actually because I mis-remembered), but if you'd rather DNV and TB, let me know...

    Inactive roster for now? Subject to call up later if needed of course...

    Name one... get one assigned free!*

    *Limited time offer...

    Bears are gone as of now... might I interest you in the Cards and Colts? Very alliterative... and also paired in the order.

    Tits are gone as of now and not near GB in the order anyway... but should darren release the Tits, they're yours.

    Sweet please give me New Orleans as my choice! Hook me up with whomever for my freebie ?

    @brownsnmopar said:

    Sweet please give me New Orleans as my choice! Hook me up with whomever for my freebie

    Done... and your freebie is... da Bills...

  • Alrighty, gimme Sea

    @flyin-j said:

    Alrighty, gimme Sea

    Done as your freebie assuming the current order... may adjust freebie depending on finish.

  • I'll take the Panthers and whatever free team, it doesn't matter

  • @brownsnmopar said:

    Sweet please give me New Orleans as my choice! Hook me up with whomever for my freebie

    Done... and your freebie is... da Bills...

    @tour2ma said:

    Done... and your freebie is... da Bills...

    Ah thank you, thank you very much!

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • I'll take the Panthers and whatever free team, it doesn't matter

    @connerlangford said:

    I'll take the Panthers and whatever free team, it doesn't matter

    Done... and your freebie is the Cincinnati Bagels...

  • I'll take Jets and Chargers

  • @one-post said:

    OK tour I'll takes the gay ass colts also.

    EDit: Actually I fucked up my offer/request...

    Should have been PHI-AZ, not az-ind... sorry about that...

    But pending Ag's decision the below alt might be available.

    Attaboy and thanks... but if Ag releases the Bears would you prefer the SF-CHI combo?

    Can't get any gayer than SF...

    @tour2ma said:

    EDit: Actually I fucked up my offer/request...

    Should have been PHI-AZ, not az-ind... sorry about that...

    But pending Ag's decision the below alt might be available.

    Attaboy and thanks... but if Ag releases the Bears would you prefer the SF-CHI combo?

    Can't get any gayer than SF...

    I'll take Philly. And Az If not just give me whatever I really don't care which team.
  • I'll roll with the Chefs again if they haven't been taken yet. If I need to take another team as well just let me know.

  • I'll take Jets and Chargers

    @londonbrown said:

    I'll take Jets and Chargers

    Done...

    @one-post said:

    I'll take Philly. And Az If not just give me whatever I really don't care which team.

    Done...

    @taco918 said:

    I'll roll with the Chefs again if they haven't been taken yet. If I need to take another team as well just let me know.

    Done and Seattle is now your freebie...

    FLYING J ---- with GB's win and SEA's loss your pairing has been changed to Dallas, but is still preliminary.... stay tuned.

  • Are there still teams? If so I'm in.

  • Are there still teams? If so I'm in.

    @gftchris said:

    Are there still teams? If so I'm in.

    How do you do my chappy matey chappy!
  • @gftchris said:

    Are there still teams? If so I'm in.

    How do you do my chappy matey chappy!

    @one-post said:

    How do you do my chappy matey chappy!

    I'm well, thank you for asking, and yourself?

  • @one-post said:

    How do you do my chappy matey chappy!

    I'm well, thank you for asking, and yourself?

    @gftchris said:

    I'm well, thank you for asking, and yourself?

    Doing well. A day off and I get to get everything done that I need to get finished. Have a good day.