Skip to content

Westworld

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
24 8 1.8k
  • Well back to the point I watch the first episode and thought it was a little bit slow, but as I usual, watching an evening show I nodded off a couple times. So again as usual I watched it the next day and enjoyed it a lot more. Susan hates it because of the violence which I didn't think was that bad, only one scene.

    I've talked her into giving it a couple more episodes and if it still freaks her out I will just watch it by myself.

    We just finished season 2 of Daredevil which I thought sucked out loud and season 1 of Goliath which I like quite a bit even though there was weird shit stuck in the plot just for the sake of weird shit.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    I doubt that Westworld was a ripoff of the thing you mention.. More likely the other way around, seeing that Westworld was a book written by Michael Crichton back in the 60s. Though, that does not mean it is good.

    Haven't seen it yet.

    Remember that little chat we had about google?

    Simulacron-3 - published 1964

    Westworld - published 1973

    These things are easy to find out. Literally take less time than typing your response.

    @gftchris said:

    Remember that little chat we had about google?

    Simulacron-3 - published 1964

    Westworld - published 1973

    These things are easy to find out. Literally take less time than typing your response.

    LMAO!

  • @the-gipper said:

    I doubt that Westworld was a ripoff of the thing you mention.. More likely the other way around, seeing that Westworld was a book written by Michael Crichton back in the 60s. Though, that does not mean it is good.

    Haven't seen it yet.

    Remember that little chat we had about google?

    Simulacron-3 - published 1964

    Westworld - published 1973

    These things are easy to find out. Literally take less time than typing your response.

    @gftchris said:

    Remember that little chat we had about google?

    Simulacron-3 - published 1964

    Westworld - published 1973

    These things are easy to find out. Literally take less time than typing your response.

    So, who gives a shit?

  • @gftchris said:

    Remember that little chat we had about google?

    Simulacron-3 - published 1964

    Westworld - published 1973

    These things are easy to find out. Literally take less time than typing your response.

    So, who gives a shit?

    @the-gipper said:

    So, who gives a shit?

    You, clearly.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, who gives a shit?

    You, clearly.

    @gftchris said:

    You, clearly.

    No, not really. I got a factoid wrong about the publication date of something that I had never heard of before nor will ever read nor will ever think about again. You are the one that went apeshit stupid over that. Do you care about that publication so much....or do you just care about pointing out that I got something wrong and think that is some kind of silly, stupid moral victory for you?

  • Like trivia threads?

    🙂

    WSS

  • Like trivia threads?

    🙂

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Like trivia threads?

    🙂

    WSS

    You can participate in those or not. But, if someone gets an answer wrong in them I don't get all butthurt over it, as gft seems to have gotten over this silly matter.

  • So again does the series get increasingly violent as it rolls along, anybody seen it?

    WSS

  • So again does the series get increasingly violent as it rolls along, anybody seen it?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So again does the series get increasingly violent as it rolls along, anybody seen it?

    WSS

    I have and it does a bit, yes.
  • So how many episodes does it take before it starts to get interesting?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So how many episodes does it take before it starts to get interesting?

    I still have all of Season One saved... and save Ep 1... unviewed.

    I just haven't been bored enough to go back in.

    Plus I've seen ex machina...

  • @westside-steve said:

    So how many episodes does it take before it starts to get interesting?

    I still have all of Season One saved... and save Ep 1... unviewed.

    I just haven't been bored enough to go back in.

    Plus I've seen ex machina...

    @tour2ma said:

    I still have all of Season One saved... and save Ep 1... unviewed.

    I just haven't been bored enough to go back in.

    Plus I've seen ex machina...

    Well I've seen four episodes so far and I'm really enjoying it. I have yet to see ex machina but I've heard it's great.

    WSS

  • I tried to get into this show but I think it is lacking in terms of making me care about any of the characters. The show is too enamored with its plot and setting and it feels like the writers didn't invest enough time in building viewer sympathy for the characters or in making them relatable.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I still have all of Season One saved... and save Ep 1... unviewed.

    I just haven't been bored enough to go back in.

    Plus I've seen ex machina...

    Well I've seen four episodes so far and I'm really enjoying it. I have yet to see ex machina but I've heard it's great.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well I've seen four episodes so far and I'm really enjoying it. I have yet to see ex machina but I've heard it's great.

    So...

    @westside-steve said:

    ... how many episodes does it take before it starts to get interesting?

    EDIT: And I did like ex machina...

  • Yeah that question was a little bit old.

    3 episodes is the answer.

    WSS

    WSS

  • In my opinion Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy are too pretentious and full of themselves, and while the characters lack depth, they believe we should accept anything they throw at us as genius. It would've been real if they'd came up with their own concept instead of remaking a movie from the 70s. Remember, Nolan is the guy that originally had a later draft of intersteller written in which ALIENS were ASIANS on mars. That until his brother convinced him to change it and that it was stupid.

    It moves at a snails pace so they can maximize on seasons and try to make this the next big blockbuster series.

    "Ex Machina" in my opinion was more original and f$%#ing AWESOME

  • In my opinion Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy are too pretentious and full of themselves, and while the characters lack depth, they believe we should accept anything they throw at us as genius. It would've been real if they'd came up with their own concept instead of remaking a movie from the 70s. Remember, Nolan is the guy that originally had a later draft of intersteller written in which ALIENS were ASIANS on mars. That until his brother convinced him to change it and that it was stupid.

    It moves at a snails pace so they can maximize on seasons and try to make this the next big blockbuster series.

    "Ex Machina" in my opinion was more original and f$%#ing AWESOME

    @stillmotion said:

    In my opinion Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy are too pretentious and full of themselves, and while the characters lack depth, they believe we should accept anything they throw at us as genius. It would've been real if they'd came up with their own concept instead of remaking a movie from the 70s. Remember, Nolan is the guy that originally had a later draft of intersteller written in which ALIENS were ASIANS on mars. That until his brother convinced him to change it and that it was stupid.

    It moves at a snails pace so they can maximize on seasons and try to make this the next big blockbuster series.

    "Ex Machina" in my opinion was more original and f$%#ing AWESOME

    Agree with you on both counts: Westworld lacks character depth and is too slow, and Ex Machina was an excellent movie. I didn't like the ending at first but after reading about it I understand what they were doing with it.

  • I just finished it up yesterday. Really enjoyed the entire series, and was sorry to see it end. Thinking realistically I wouldn't expect Anthony Hopkins is the kind of guy who needs to stick around for three or four seasons so I wasn't really surprised. Actually same goes for Ed Harris. I do wonder where they will go if and when they do return.

    Rumor has it that won't be until 2019 Maybe.

    WSS

  • It would be a better porno.

    I never bothered to cue up Episode 2... erased the season... maybe someday on HBO Go, but maybe not...

    @one-post said:

    It would be a better porno.

    Was one after the original Westworld movie hit it pretty big... Sexworld. Oh, those clever sex peddlers...