Draft Talk #2.
-
Po, I'll have to dig deeper on Fournette's injury before I give the seal of approval to that one. He's great when healthy. I'm sure the medical staffs will give the ankle a good going over.
If we're going all offense, I'd rather have Williams from Clemson- because I feel Crow is at least adequate. LOL, and I'm sure you know MHO is Gordon is done as a Brown. Ha- if the Garropolo homos want him that badly, I trade the Patriots our low second, and the rights to Josh- that should do it.

-
Please keep it real. Computer simulations will be deleted. Intelligent comments on other mock drafts (Walter Football, SI etc.) are allowed.
per Gipper:
"I thought we were going to bar these Draft game posts from this thread? Move it.
In addition....how on God's Good Green Earth do you get Garrett lasting until #6 and Trubisky lasting until 12.
A lot of yabos on here are telling us that Garrett is the best thing since sliced lima beans.
And neither Trub. or Watson will last past 5."
-
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
-
Difficult to guess who's available but something like:
Garrett
Hooker
Jackson
Elflein
With the top four picks and I'd be happy. Give Kessler the offseason and next year and if we're still suffering from a lack of QB play we can get a guy in 2018, but I feel we won't be.
-
Difficult to guess who's available but something like:
Garrett
Hooker
Jackson
Elflein
With the top four picks and I'd be happy. Give Kessler the offseason and next year and if we're still suffering from a lack of QB play we can get a guy in 2018, but I feel we won't be.
Difficult to guess who's available but something like:
Garrett
Hooker
Jackson
Elflein
With the top four picks and I'd be happy. Give Kessler the offseason and next year and if we're still suffering from a lack of QB play we can get a guy in 2018, but I feel we won't be.
Heading into the year with Kessler is beyond risky, but I see what you're saying. Give the guy the entire offseason, train him up, and let him begin the year as "our guy". The problem with that is, our coach and front office is running out of time. If Cody sucks it up or gets injured (again), will we have another atrocious year? Will our regime be able to keep their jobs after another terrible year? Time is not our friend, and while I don't think we need to be in the playoffs, I do think we need to show substantial improvement. Who would our backup QB be? RG III? I'm just not sure we can roll into next year with the same QB's...don't think we can do it. We either have to draft a QB early, or bring in Tyrod Taylor. Or both. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the guys you listed, but we HAVE TO get our QB position right. Just my opinion. That being said, nothing would make me happier to see Cody be "the guy" and us get to use our picks on building other parts of our team!
I have two scenarios (at this time, it will change in the coming months, obviously). The first has us taking Garrett at #1, and then Reuben Foster at 12. If Foster is gone, then we go with top cornerback. We then trade with Seattle to the #26 pick and take Deshaun Watson.
The second scenario is very similar. Garrett at #1, but trade up with Carolina to #8 to take Watson. Depending on how Watson's momentum goes, we may have to move up to grab him inside the top 10. The trade costs us a second rounder. Every scenario I have in my crazy mind has us taking a QB in the 1st round.
-
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
Years of sadness takes it's toll lol.Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
I'm fan-scared, but I want a QB at #1 or #12, I wouldn't wait until #33. Seems the consensus top QBs are Trubisky, Watson, Kizer (I'm not a fan of his). Mahomes, eh maybe.
NO TRADING AWAY PICKS!!!!
-
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension authority.
FIFY...
-
Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.
With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.
-
Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.
With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.
Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.
With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.
As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.
-
Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.
With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.
As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.
As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.
I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.
-
As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.
I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.
I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.
Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.
-
People I would be interested in the Browns targeting with their first 5 picks:
Trubisky QB
Hooker DB
Tabor DB
Barnett DE
Williams DE
Takkarist McKinley OLB
Gareon Conley DB
Carlos Watkins DT
Elflein OC
Pocic OC/OG
Adoree Jackson CB
Marcus Williams DB
Desmond King DB
Jourdan Lewis DB
-
I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.
Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.
Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
-
Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.
-
Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.
-
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.
So far so good... lol...
Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.
I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!
-
Yeah these stupid draft games are beyond silly. What kind open ass fgtry are these things? Lets trade out of the 1st round entirely and nab gareet, allen and foster in the 2nd and 3rd rounds omg omg best draft ever!!!
-
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.
Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.
Yes, about Danielson.
But actually, BK was the #1 overall pick in a sense. Remember, the Browns got Kosar by trading for Buffalo's first round draft pick in the Supp draft which was in fact the overall #1 pick that they had to give up.
-
I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.
The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.
The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.
I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:
Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.
Matt Stafford sat for 6 games
Alex Smith sat for 9 games
Eli Manning sat for 9 games
Carson Palmer sat for 3 games
Michael Vick sat for 14 games.
-
Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.
Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.
So far so good... lol...
Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.
I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!
You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.
Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.
I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!
Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.
Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.
With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.
Yes... and thus the key is the size of the "hypothesis".
If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.
So if we bat .500 on our two firsts, then you'll be happy?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login