Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Draft Talk #2.

Draft Talk #2.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
48 Posts 16 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 20k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #1

    Please keep it real. Computer simulations will be deleted. Intelligent comments on other mock drafts (Walter Football, SI etc.) are allowed.

    per Gipper:

    "I thought we were going to bar these Draft game posts from this thread? Move it.

    In addition....how on God's Good Green Earth do you get Garrett lasting until #6 and Trubisky lasting until 12.

    A lot of yabos on here are telling us that Garrett is the best thing since sliced lima beans.

    And neither Trub. or Watson will last past 5."

    Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 8k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Here's what I got:

      Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

      Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Browns: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

      Round 2 Pick 1 (33) Browns: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

      Round 3 Pick 3 (67) (CHI) Browns: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

      Round 3 Pick 5 (69) (TENN) Browns: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida

      Round 3 Pick 17 (81) (WASH) Browns: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

      Round 3 Pick 26 (90) (SEA) Browns: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

      Round 4 Pick 10 (106) (CHI) Browns: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

      JK fuck that noise let's take Garrett, Foster, Kizer in that order.

      I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
      hoortaH T 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

        Here's what I got:

        Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

        Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Browns: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

        Round 2 Pick 1 (33) Browns: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

        Round 3 Pick 3 (67) (CHI) Browns: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

        Round 3 Pick 5 (69) (TENN) Browns: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida

        Round 3 Pick 17 (81) (WASH) Browns: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

        Round 3 Pick 26 (90) (SEA) Browns: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

        Round 4 Pick 10 (106) (CHI) Browns: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

        JK fuck that noise let's take Garrett, Foster, Kizer in that order.

        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 20k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

        Here's what I got:

        Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

        Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Browns: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

        Round 2 Pick 1 (33) Browns: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

        Round 3 Pick 3 (67) (CHI) Browns: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

        Round 3 Pick 5 (69) (TENN) Browns: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida

        Round 3 Pick 17 (81) (WASH) Browns: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

        Round 3 Pick 26 (90) (SEA) Browns: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

        Round 4 Pick 10 (106) (CHI) Browns: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

        JK fuck that noise let's take Garrett, Foster, Kizer in that order.

        I could live with that. You can have favorites fourth round and lower, but face it, it's 90% guessing who's going to be there.

        Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • hoortaH hoorta

          @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

          Here's what I got:

          Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

          Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Browns: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

          Round 2 Pick 1 (33) Browns: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

          Round 3 Pick 3 (67) (CHI) Browns: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

          Round 3 Pick 5 (69) (TENN) Browns: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida

          Round 3 Pick 17 (81) (WASH) Browns: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

          Round 3 Pick 26 (90) (SEA) Browns: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

          Round 4 Pick 10 (106) (CHI) Browns: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

          JK fuck that noise let's take Garrett, Foster, Kizer in that order.

          I could live with that. You can have favorites fourth round and lower, but face it, it's 90% guessing who's going to be there.

          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 8k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @hoorta said:

          I could live with that. You can have favorites fourth round and lower, but face it, it's 90% guessing who's going to be there.

          I just copied the last draft Tour posted to be a dick. But I do like most of them.

          As for the first three picks, that's my favorite scenario.

          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

            Here's what I got:

            Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

            Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Browns: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

            Round 2 Pick 1 (33) Browns: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

            Round 3 Pick 3 (67) (CHI) Browns: Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington

            Round 3 Pick 5 (69) (TENN) Browns: Marcus Maye, FS, Florida

            Round 3 Pick 17 (81) (WASH) Browns: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia

            Round 3 Pick 26 (90) (SEA) Browns: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA

            Round 4 Pick 10 (106) (CHI) Browns: Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

            JK fuck that noise let's take Garrett, Foster, Kizer in that order.

            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

            Here's what I got:

            JK fuck that noise let's take Garrett, Foster, Kizer in that order.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Po, I'll have to dig deeper on Fournette's injury before I give the seal of approval to that one. He's great when healthy. I'm sure the medical staffs will give the ankle a good going over.

              If we're going all offense, I'd rather have Williams from Clemson- because I feel Crow is at least adequate. LOL, and I'm sure you know MHO is Gordon is done as a Brown. Ha- if the Garropolo homos want him that badly, I trade the Patriots our low second, and the rights to Josh- that should do it. 🙂

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hoortaH hoorta

                Please keep it real. Computer simulations will be deleted. Intelligent comments on other mock drafts (Walter Football, SI etc.) are allowed.

                per Gipper:

                "I thought we were going to bar these Draft game posts from this thread? Move it.

                In addition....how on God's Good Green Earth do you get Garrett lasting until #6 and Trubisky lasting until 12.

                A lot of yabos on here are telling us that Garrett is the best thing since sliced lima beans.

                And neither Trub. or Watson will last past 5."

                Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 30k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @hoorta said:

                Please keep it real.

                So far so good... lol...

                Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

                "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                W 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                  I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                  Bob806B Tour2maT hoortaH 3 Replies Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • gftChris gftChrisG
                    • 13k Posts
                    • 428 Reputation
                    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Difficult to guess who's available but something like:

                    Garrett

                    Hooker

                    Jackson

                    Elflein

                    With the top four picks and I'd be happy. Give Kessler the offseason and next year and if we're still suffering from a lack of QB play we can get a guy in 2018, but I feel we won't be.

                    jiggins7919J 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • gftChrisG gftChris

                      Difficult to guess who's available but something like:

                      Garrett

                      Hooker

                      Jackson

                      Elflein

                      With the top four picks and I'd be happy. Give Kessler the offseason and next year and if we're still suffering from a lack of QB play we can get a guy in 2018, but I feel we won't be.

                      jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 5k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @gftchris said:

                      Difficult to guess who's available but something like:

                      Garrett

                      Hooker

                      Jackson

                      Elflein

                      With the top four picks and I'd be happy. Give Kessler the offseason and next year and if we're still suffering from a lack of QB play we can get a guy in 2018, but I feel we won't be.

                      Heading into the year with Kessler is beyond risky, but I see what you're saying. Give the guy the entire offseason, train him up, and let him begin the year as "our guy". The problem with that is, our coach and front office is running out of time. If Cody sucks it up or gets injured (again), will we have another atrocious year? Will our regime be able to keep their jobs after another terrible year? Time is not our friend, and while I don't think we need to be in the playoffs, I do think we need to show substantial improvement. Who would our backup QB be? RG III? I'm just not sure we can roll into next year with the same QB's...don't think we can do it. We either have to draft a QB early, or bring in Tyrod Taylor. Or both. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the guys you listed, but we HAVE TO get our QB position right. Just my opinion. That being said, nothing would make me happier to see Cody be "the guy" and us get to use our picks on building other parts of our team!

                      I have two scenarios (at this time, it will change in the coming months, obviously). The first has us taking Garrett at #1, and then Reuben Foster at 12. If Foster is gone, then we go with top cornerback. We then trade with Seattle to the #26 pick and take Deshaun Watson.

                      The second scenario is very similar. Garrett at #1, but trade up with Carolina to #8 to take Watson. Depending on how Watson's momentum goes, we may have to move up to grab him inside the top 10. The trade costs us a second rounder. Every scenario I have in my crazy mind has us taking a QB in the 1st round.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                        Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                        Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 5k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
                        #11

                        @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                        Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                        Years of sadness takes it's toll lol.

                        I'm fan-scared, but I want a QB at #1 or #12, I wouldn't wait until #33. Seems the consensus top QBs are Trubisky, Watson, Kizer (I'm not a fan of his). Mahomes, eh maybe.

                        NO TRADING AWAY PICKS!!!!

                        Karlis Missed
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                          Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

                          Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 30k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                          Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension authority.

                          FIFY...

                          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 5k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

                            With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

                            Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • jrb12711J jrb12711

                              Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

                              With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

                              Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 6k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @jrb12711 said:

                              Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

                              With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

                              As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Mark OM Mark O

                                @jrb12711 said:

                                Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

                                With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

                                As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

                                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                • 57k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mark-o said:

                                As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

                                I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

                                Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The GipperT The Gipper

                                  @mark-o said:

                                  As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

                                  I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

                                  Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 6k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

                                  Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

                                  The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    People I would be interested in the Browns targeting with their first 5 picks:

                                    Trubisky QB

                                    Hooker DB

                                    Tabor DB

                                    Barnett DE

                                    Williams DE

                                    Takkarist McKinley OLB

                                    Gareon Conley DB

                                    Carlos Watkins DT

                                    Elflein OC

                                    Pocic OC/OG

                                    Adoree Jackson CB

                                    Marcus Williams DB

                                    Desmond King DB

                                    Jourdan Lewis DB

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Mark OM Mark O

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

                                      Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

                                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @mark-o said:

                                      Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

                                      I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                                      Mark OM jrb12711J 2 Replies Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                                        @mark-o said:

                                        Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

                                        I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                                        Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 6k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                                        Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

                                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                                          @mark-o said:

                                          Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

                                          I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                                          jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @the-gipper said:

                                          I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

                                          The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

                                          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate