Skip to content

Draft Talk #2.

The Browns Board
48 16 1.4k
  • Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

    Years of sadness takes it's toll lol.

    I'm fan-scared, but I want a QB at #1 or #12, I wouldn't wait until #33. Seems the consensus top QBs are Trubisky, Watson, Kizer (I'm not a fan of his). Mahomes, eh maybe.

    NO TRADING AWAY PICKS!!!!

  • Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension authority.

    FIFY...

  • Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

  • Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

    @mark-o said:

    As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

    I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

  • @mark-o said:

    As long as the guy isn't a bust at his position, you are correct. It doesn't matter who is picked at 1 and 12. The only thing that matters is that they both need to be impact players and if its a QB at #1, he needs to play starting day 1. None of this gay shit sitting around, if he (whoever he is) can't beat out the 3 stooges and be ready day one to start, he was a wasted pick. It's not like he's sitting behind a fucking hall of fame QB. If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

    I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

    Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

  • People I would be interested in the Browns targeting with their first 5 picks:

    Trubisky QB

    Hooker DB

    Tabor DB

    Barnett DE

    Williams DE

    Takkarist McKinley OLB

    Gareon Conley DB

    Carlos Watkins DT

    Elflein OC

    Pocic OC/OG

    Adoree Jackson CB

    Marcus Williams DB

    Desmond King DB

    Jourdan Lewis DB

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't really agree with this. Even a #1 overall QB, even if he is the most talented guy there needs a bit of seasoning/learning. I am not saying that he shouldn't be put in there if he is worthy.....but I still recall the whole Tim Couch affair. So, no, I don't see the need to rush him into it.

    Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

    @mark-o said:

    Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

  • @mark-o said:

    Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

    @the-gipper said:

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

    Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

  • @mark-o said:

    Where better to learn than on the field playing the game? Again, it's not like we have anyone any good at QB for him to learn from anyways. What's he going to learn from RGIII? How to throw rainbow long passes? How to be inaccurate? What's Kessler going to teach some dude who is good enough to be the #1 pick in the draft? How to take a hit? If he's good enough to be taken #1, he's good enough to be playing and if he's not good enough to beat out these three stiffs we have, then we should pass on him, whoever he is.

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

    @the-gipper said:

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

    The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

  • Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

    Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

    @tour2ma said:

    So far so good... lol...

    Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

    I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

  • Yeah these stupid draft games are beyond silly. What kind open ass fgtry are these things? Lets trade out of the 1st round entirely and nab gareet, allen and foster in the 2nd and 3rd rounds omg omg best draft ever!!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

    Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

    @mark-o said:

    Gary Danielson right now is a better QB than the 4 we have on the roster so that makes some sense for him to sit. He also wasn't the overall #1 pick in the draft.

    Yes, about Danielson.

    But actually, BK was the #1 overall pick in a sense. Remember, the Browns got Kosar by trading for Buffalo's first round draft pick in the Supp draft which was in fact the overall #1 pick that they had to give up.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I understand, all I am saying is that I don't think it hurts to have a little seasoning. I mean, BK sat for half a season, and no one was smarter than he.

    The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

    @jrb12711 said:

    The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

    I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

    Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

    Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

    Alex Smith sat for 9 games

    Eli Manning sat for 9 games

    Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

    Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Most people here have an extremely hard time with comprehension.

    Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

    @tour2ma said:

    So far so good... lol...

    Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

    I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

    You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.

    @hoorta said:

    Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

    I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

    Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    Yes... and thus the key is the size of the "hypothesis".

    @mark-o said:

    If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

    So if we bat .500 on our two firsts, then you'll be happy?

  • You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.

    @hoorta said:

    Exactly Tim. A fair number here are TIRED of the draft simulations. THERE'S A THREAD SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR THEM IF YOU WANT TO PLAY COMPUTER GAMES.

    I'm deleting any of the A+++++ posts in this thread. This one is for SERIOUS (or not so serious) discussion, not how good you are against a computer!!!!

    Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Here's the thing I feel like keeps getting lost....the Browns can literally use an upgrade at every position unit on the field. You don't go 1-15 without this type of problem.

    With that being said, as long as they don't draft a kicker/punter/long snapper with the 1st pick it will be a sturdy upgrade to the team. What I'm trying to say here is that if it's any of the top guys (Allen, Garrett, insert QB, etc), the Browns become a better football team (hypothetically of course). With this framework in mind as long as they don't go stupidly in left field I'll be very content with who they choose.

    Yes... and thus the key is the size of the "hypothesis".

    @mark-o said:

    If we don't miss on both first round picks, the team will be instantly improved.

    So if we bat .500 on our two firsts, then you'll be happy?

    @tour2ma said:

    You can make the sim as serious or as ludicrous as you want.

    Created for them... and then immediately shit in by you... nice.

    I took it to it's most ludicrous extreme, and then Mark topped me. 🙂

  • @ghoolie said:

    Trubisky

    I don't often agree with Ghoolie, but when I do, it's about Mitch Trubisky.

  • @hoorta said:

    Please keep it real.

    So far so good... lol...

    Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

    @tour2ma said:

    So far so good... lol...

    Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

    Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

  • @tour2ma said:

    So far so good... lol...

    Threads take on a life of their own. The draft sim results, even the ludicrous ones, generate discussion.

    Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah I'm not sure why they upset people so much. Especially when TCPO posts one as the first comment and Hoorta is cool with it. Huh?

    If you'll look, mine was sarcastic - it was the straw that broke the camel's back in the other thread that caused him to make this one.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The problem with that argument is there hasn't been a relevant example of a first round QB sitting out since Aaron Rodgers (which was literally 10 years ago). Goff did it this year so the jury is still out there. Definitely agree with Mark, if he's your guy he's gotta play.

    I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

    Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

    Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

    Alex Smith sat for 9 games

    Eli Manning sat for 9 games

    Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

    Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think there are plenty of examples of First round QBs sitting out some time. Here, I am only looking at the first overall pick QBs since 2000:

    Winston, Luck, Newton, Bradford and David Carr did start right away.

    Matt Stafford sat for 6 games

    Alex Smith sat for 9 games

    Eli Manning sat for 9 games

    Carson Palmer sat for 3 games

    Michael Vick sat for 14 games.

    Literally every QB you mentioned other than Stafford was drafted before or in the same year as Aaron Rodgers, which is literally why I said it's been a long time. I know you love your history but the game changes quickly, and looking at nearly 15 year old examples in some cases doesn't make a whole lotta sense.