Buckeyes clean up rookie of the year awards...
-
Not a Cleveland Brown on the all rookie team, despite 14 picks.
-
Not a Cleveland Brown on the all rookie team, despite 14 picks.
Not a Cleveland Brown on the all rookie team, despite 14 picks.
Putting the "wait" in "wait till next year" since 1999.

-
I hope people use Bosa as an example of exceptional talent being able to easily overcome scheme or defensive changes (cough*Garrett*cough). Any one with two eyes could see Bosa was going to be a stud so long as he put in the effort (which was the ONLY question mark). Seeing as Garrett doesn't even have this question mark to my knowledge, he's a God damn slam dunk for the Browns. Hell, his scouting report for weaknesses breaks down to "he works too hard and gives too much"
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2139869/myles-garrett
-
Yeah i know garett could play either scheme easily but he's not the same as bosa was coming out last year. He obviously has some speed rush abilities bosa didnt have last year but overall bosa was still fr and away a more complete player than garett currently is. I was hinestly surprised by how many sacks bosa ended up getting, but his early plays against tje run last season were of completely no surprise. He's vastly more solid at the point than garett is, we all saw that on his tape at OSU.
Im not gonna be upset if we take garett but man we need to coach him up cause all these rooks lose some of that field strength they had in college cause now they have to play faster. Usually takes a season or two to get it back. Garett already has issues ic on tape when he has to take tackles on head up in tje run game. Im in no mood for another paul kruger who can be spotted up by TE's. Right now our two DE's have to be blocked by an actual OL, not interested in introducing a liability against the run into our DE rotation.
To that effect is why I'm still more or less in camp allen. -
Yeah i know garett could play either scheme easily but he's not the same as bosa was coming out last year. He obviously has some speed rush abilities bosa didnt have last year but overall bosa was still fr and away a more complete player than garett currently is. I was hinestly surprised by how many sacks bosa ended up getting, but his early plays against tje run last season were of completely no surprise. He's vastly more solid at the point than garett is, we all saw that on his tape at OSU.
Im not gonna be upset if we take garett but man we need to coach him up cause all these rooks lose some of that field strength they had in college cause now they have to play faster. Usually takes a season or two to get it back. Garett already has issues ic on tape when he has to take tackles on head up in tje run game. Im in no mood for another paul kruger who can be spotted up by TE's. Right now our two DE's have to be blocked by an actual OL, not interested in introducing a liability against the run into our DE rotation.
To that effect is why I'm still more or less in camp allen.Yeah i know garett could play either scheme easily but he's not the same as bosa was coming out last year. He obviously has some speed rush abilities bosa didnt have last year but overall bosa was still fr and away a more complete player than garett currently is. I was hinestly surprised by how many sacks bosa ended up getting, but his early plays against tje run last season were of completely no surprise. He's vastly more solid at the point than garett is, we all saw that on his tape at OSU.
Im not gonna be upset if we take garett but man we need to coach him up cause all these rooks lose some of that field strength they had un cillege cause now they have to play faster. Ususlly takes a season or two to get it back. Garett already has issues ic on tape when he has to take tackles on head up in tje run game. Im in no mood for another paul kruger who can be spotted up by TE's. Right now our two DE's have to be blocked by an actual OL, not interested in introducing a liability against the run into our DE rotation.
To that effect is why im still more or less in camp allen.
I guess I'm really not sure where you are getting this from. I watched both and I'd argue quite easily that Garrett has just as good if not better tape than Bosa did. Additionally, from a prospect standpoint he's honestly more physically gifted than Bosa which is saying a lot. To compare the guy to Kruger is laughable at best. i'm asking seriously because I'm not sure I've heard anyone say this stuff at all.
-
most upset about losing out on Michael Thomas. His game was tailor made for the pro's and I was a huge advocate for drafting him.
That one is going to bother me for a while.
-
most upset about losing out on Michael Thomas. His game was tailor made for the pro's and I was a huge advocate for drafting him.
That one is going to bother me for a while.
most upset about losing out on Michael Thomas. His game was tailor made for the pro's and I was a huge advocate for drafting him.
That one is going to bother me for a while.
Im with you on that one...Thomas was my favorite WR coming out.....Im not a big fan of WR's in the first, so would definitely have preferred him to Coleman.....
Was not an advocate of drafting Bosa, but mostly due to non-athletic issues....looks like he'll be a good one though...
-
-
most upset about losing out on Michael Thomas. His game was tailor made for the pro's and I was a huge advocate for drafting him.
That one is going to bother me for a while.
-
-
Buckeyes clean up rookie of the year awards...
You'd think their salaries would be adequate and they would not need to take side jobs cleaning things...
-
Yeah i know garett could play either scheme easily but he's not the same as bosa was coming out last year. He obviously has some speed rush abilities bosa didnt have last year but overall bosa was still fr and away a more complete player than garett currently is. I was hinestly surprised by how many sacks bosa ended up getting, but his early plays against tje run last season were of completely no surprise. He's vastly more solid at the point than garett is, we all saw that on his tape at OSU.
Im not gonna be upset if we take garett but man we need to coach him up cause all these rooks lose some of that field strength they had un cillege cause now they have to play faster. Ususlly takes a season or two to get it back. Garett already has issues ic on tape when he has to take tackles on head up in tje run game. Im in no mood for another paul kruger who can be spotted up by TE's. Right now our two DE's have to be blocked by an actual OL, not interested in introducing a liability against the run into our DE rotation.
To that effect is why im still more or less in camp allen.
I guess I'm really not sure where you are getting this from. I watched both and I'd argue quite easily that Garrett has just as good if not better tape than Bosa did. Additionally, from a prospect standpoint he's honestly more physically gifted than Bosa which is saying a lot. To compare the guy to Kruger is laughable at best. i'm asking seriously because I'm not sure I've heard anyone say this stuff at all.
I guess I'm really not sure where you are getting this from. I watched both and I'd argue quite easily that Garrett has just as good if not better tape than Bosa did. Additionally, from a prospect standpoint he's honestly more physically gifted than Bosa which is saying a lot. To compare the guy to Kruger is laughable at best. i'm asking seriously because I'm not sure I've heard anyone say this stuff at all.
Im only comparing him to kruger in terms of another guy we need to coach up on how to stop the run. As for the comparison to bosa i think ur being taken by the flashy moves which will not work right off the bat in the nfl. Bosa was much much better against the run and for my money, got to qb in a better more nfl ready way.
-
MG is gonna make a monkey out of any team that had a shot and let him go by. I don't think Gregg Williams will let that happen to the Browns because he prefers attacking defenses that put a lot of pressure on QBs and that is what he will primarily want from MG. Everything else is secondary. and even though there are some very good edge players this year, none of them are as quick or as fast off the line with that kind of speed and athleticism. He's also damn good at making the QB pitch on the read option and then taking down the runner. Not too many can do that.
-
Too bad the Browns couldn't draft either one because they were already off the board.
-
MG is gonna make a monkey out of any team that had a shot and let him go by. I don't think Gregg Williams will let that happen to the Browns because he prefers attacking defenses that put a lot of pressure on QBs and that is what he will primarily want from MG. Everything else is secondary. and even though there are some very good edge players this year, none of them are as quick or as fast off the line with that kind of speed and athleticism. He's also damn good at making the QB pitch on the read option and then taking down the runner. Not too many can do that.
MG is gonna make a monkey out of any team that had a shot and let him go by. I don't think Gregg Williams will let that happen to the Browns because he prefers attacking defenses that put a lot of pressure on QBs and that is what he will primarily want from MG. Everything else is secondary. and even though there are some very good edge players this year, none of them are as quick or as fast off the line with that kind of speed and athleticism. He's also damn good at making the QB pitch on the read option and then taking down the runner. Not too many can do that.
I dont' think Greg Williams will have that much say in the matter....other than for him to say: give me some material I can work with.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login