Mangini mini-camp presser
-
All we have to do is give this guy time to work.
We've got to approach this season as if we were used to have winning records through the years.
Don't put too much pressure on the man. Let's judge based on facts and not opinions!
GO BROWNS!
-
Man, this is some change from all the Mangini hate that was seen on this site from Jan to March. He was touted as the biggest mistake ever. An asshole for how he treated players in NY and a personal jerk. Since there has been a steady flow of those players who hated him and he is no longer an asshole for ignoring Rogers and not kissing asses of others....................Maybe it's time to realize he is a good football coach and has assembled a good coaching staff, os let's get ready to watch a well disciplined team play some football.
-
Did you also hear the part of his presser which stated that if a player commits a penalty or drops a pass they have to run a lap? I love it! Looks like Braylon better start catching the ball or he's going to be running marathons.
-
Tackling drills....I love it. I'm sure once EM came to Cleveland he was in the "What do we have" mode. He probably watched days and days of film. And you guys all remember the run in Buffalo where Lynch (I think?) ran through just about every one of our (arm-tacklers) guys and scored. Plays like those embarass not only the guys on the field but the rest of the team AND the fans.
I don't care if we don't have marquee players on defense....I want a defense that wants to punch someone in the face. Having all 11 guys with a bad attitude is better than a handful of 1st rounders. This coach knows what he wants.
EM doesn't say much. I don't care. Do what you need to do. Just get the boys ready.
-
I think Mangini's history with the Browns will be a big factor in doing what he can to make sure the players on this team understand the history of the franchise. And not only understand the history, but to embrace the history and what this team means to the fans and to the city. The coach has to understand all of that to be successful. How Romeo's team could show up as unprepared as they did to play Pittsburgh several times is unacceptable. I don't think that Mangini will allow that to happen as long as he is the coach of the Browns.
-
Man, this is some change from all the Mangini hate that was seen on this site from Jan to March. He was touted as the biggest mistake ever. An asshole for how he treated players in NY and a personal jerk. Since there has been a steady flow of those players who hated him and he is no longer an asshole for ignoring Rogers and not kissing asses of others....................Maybe it's time to realize he is a good football coach and has assembled a good coaching staff, os let's get ready to watch a well disciplined team play some football.
Man, this is some change from all the Mangini hate that was seen on this site from Jan to March. He was touted as the biggest mistake ever. An asshole for how he treated players in NY and a personal jerk. Since there has been a steady flow of those players who hated him and he is no longer an asshole for ignoring Rogers and not kissing asses of others....................Maybe it's time to realize he is a good football coach and has assembled a good coaching staff, os let's get ready to watch a well disciplined team play some football.
Ain't that the truth. We have a great love hate relationship with our team.
-
Did you also hear the part of his presser which stated that if a player commits a penalty or drops a pass they have to run a lap? I love it! Looks like Braylon better start catching the ball or he's going to be running marathons.
Did you also hear the part of his presser which stated that if a player commits a penalty or drops a pass they have to run a lap? I love it! Looks like Braylon better start catching the ball or he's going to be running marathons.
I was there last year when he made Favre run a lap....awesome.
-
My favorite part of the presser:
(On the drill performed at practice) - "That's a tackling drill that we will do it pretty close to everyday during training camp. That's one of those things where people get to pro football and a lot of people think, 'I've tackled a thousand times or I've done this a million times, I'm a great tackler.' But there are a lot of things that you can teach them on that drill. It's straight ahead, we have another one that's an angle tackling drill, and we use that to teach the runners how to run better, to teach the tacklers how to take better angles. It's one-on-one, it's not contact now, but there will be times during camp where it will be full contact or live. But it's a skill like anything else, blocking, tackling, catching the football and we want to keep repping that fundamental to make sure that we can minimize the amount of missed tackles, and then also teach our guys the best way to run with the football and isolate that skill set and help them."
I'd sure love to see some real tackles getting made, no more of this arm tackling.
My favorite part of the presser:
(On the drill performed at practice) - "That's a tackling drill that we will do it pretty close to everyday during training camp. That's one of those things where people get to pro football and a lot of people think, 'I've tackled a thousand times or I've done this a million times, I'm a great tackler.' But there are a lot of things that you can teach them on that drill. It's straight ahead, we have another one that's an angle tackling drill, and we use that to teach the runners how to run better, to teach the tacklers how to take better angles. It's one-on-one, it's not contact now, but there will be times during camp where it will be full contact or live. But it's a skill like anything else, blocking, tackling, catching the football and we want to keep repping that fundamental to make sure that we can minimize the amount of missed tackles, and then also teach our guys the best way to run with the football and isolate that skill set and help them."
I'd sure love to see some real tackles getting made, no more of this arm tackling.
I was pleased with the hiring of Mangini, Kokinis, & the staff (read management TEAM) put together. I have always been so disgusted with coaches who seem to ASSUME that players in the NFL know fundamentals. It's fantastic to see a Coach who stresses fundamentals...you just CANNOT afford to let those slip. We all know how important solid tackling & blocking are. I am very excited, but I do NOT expect instant miracles. I DO expect to see players playing all out. There will be no "taking plays off" with Mangini or his staff. I envision good, aggressive football on both sides of the ball.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
