Skip to content

Betsy DeVos

Political Discussion
169 12 4.0k
  • I think the reason for the Betsy DeVos hatred is the fact that she supports at least some kind of Public Funding for Charter Schools. I have no problem with Charter Schools and the horror stories that one could find online are mostly from teachers union based sites.

    The grizzly bears remark is a non-issue but I'm not surprised it's getting so much attention.

    I noticed that the right is concerned that she isn't as anti Common Core as they think she should be and the left is angry that she's not more Pro Common Core. Almost laugh out loud funny but...

    So what I think is that if the education the kids is the most important aspect then why not help support school choice?

    The gripe I get from some Teachers Union Democrat friends is that it takes money away from the public schools and doesn't require as many regulations for the charter schools. I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of any of them what those requirements might possibly be. I would imagine that the public schools might be better off without them. But until I know exactly what the offending regulations are who can tell?

  • I really don't know how big of a deal people are making out of the grizzly thing, but it's funny.

    But your post didn't really touch on why she is or isn't qualified.

  • I really don't know how big of a deal people are making out of the grizzly thing, but it's funny.

    But your post didn't really touch on why she is or isn't qualified.

    @mld-woody said:

    I really don't know how big of a deal people are making out of the grizzly thing, but it's funny.

    But your post didn't really touch on why she is or isn't qualified.

    And your eyes what would make her qualified?

    Or not qualified for that matter? Let's be frank the Democrats are going to hate anybody Trump puts up.

    WSS

  • http://www.snopes.com/betsy-devos-education-secretary/

    Nice work. I see you are getting more information from internet memes these days .

    🙂

  • http://www.snopes.com/betsy-devos-education-secretary/

    Nice work. I see you are getting more information from internet memes these days .

    🙂

    @westside-steve said:

    http://www.snopes.com/betsy-devos-education-secretary/

    Nice work. I see you are getting more information from internet memes these days .

    🙂

    Did you read that Snopes article? Or did you pull a Cal?

    What did I say that was wrong?

  • @mld-woody said:

    I really don't know how big of a deal people are making out of the grizzly thing, but it's funny.

    But your post didn't really touch on why she is or isn't qualified.

    And your eyes what would make her qualified?

    Or not qualified for that matter? Let's be frank the Democrats are going to hate anybody Trump puts up.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And your eyes what would make her qualified?

    Or not qualified for that matter? Let's be frank the Democrats are going to hate anybody Trump puts up.

    WSS

    I would like the Secretary of Education to have at least some experience with public schools.

  • @westside-steve said:

    And your eyes what would make her qualified?

    Or not qualified for that matter? Let's be frank the Democrats are going to hate anybody Trump puts up.

    WSS

    I would like the Secretary of Education to have at least some experience with public schools.

    @mld-woody said:

    I would like the Secretary of Education to have at least some experience with public schools.

    Like the housing secretary has experience in public housing you mean?

  • @westside-steve said:

    And your eyes what would make her qualified?

    Or not qualified for that matter? Let's be frank the Democrats are going to hate anybody Trump puts up.

    WSS

    I would like the Secretary of Education to have at least some experience with public schools.

    @mld-woody said:

    I would like the Secretary of Education to have at least some experience with public schools.

    Oh really ANY experience in education, administration & curriculum for that matter.

  • I think the reason for the Betsy DeVos hatred is the fact that she supports at least some kind of Public Funding for Charter Schools. I have no problem with Charter Schools and the horror stories that one could find online are mostly from teachers union based sites.

    The grizzly bears remark is a non-issue but I'm not surprised it's getting so much attention.

    I noticed that the right is concerned that she isn't as anti Common Core as they think she should be and the left is angry that she's not more Pro Common Core. Almost laugh out loud funny but...

    So what I think is that if the education the kids is the most important aspect then why not help support school choice?

    The gripe I get from some Teachers Union Democrat friends is that it takes money away from the public schools and doesn't require as many regulations for the charter schools. I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of any of them what those requirements might possibly be. I would imagine that the public schools might be better off without them. But until I know exactly what the offending regulations are who can tell?

    DeVos is not qualified in any way. She is being chosen to push forward the Republican agenda on charter schools.

    @westside-steve said:

    The grizzly bears remark is a non-issue but I'm not surprised it's getting so much attention.

    The bears remark may be a non-issue, but the appropriateness of guns in schools is definitely a big issue.

    If anyone went to a job interview and it went like this, does anyone think they'd actually get the job?

  • Give it up snowflakes, Trump IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

  • Give it up snowflakes, Trump IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give it up snowflakes, Trump IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give it up snowflakes, Trump IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

    Lost in the Sauce with Johnny Manziel.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give it up snowflakes, Trump IS YOUR PRESIDENT.

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

    Shut up snowflake.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

    Shut up snowflake.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Shut up snowflake.

    Excellent debating skills. Apparently you can't think of anything substantial to say about why Devos should be the Secretary of Education.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Hitting that sauce a bit early, I see.

    Shut up snowflake.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Shut up snowflake.

    Luh you too, boo.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Shut up snowflake.

    Excellent debating skills. Apparently you can't think of anything substantial to say about why Devos should be the Secretary of Education.

    @osiris said:

    Excellent debating skills. Apparently you can't think of anything substantial to say about why Devos should be the Secretary of Education.

    This mofo is a basement dwelling kid trolling the obscure parts of the Internet claiming to be an old man. You know any 60 year olds that troll the web? I sure as fuck don't. It's creepy as shit.

  • Breaking news, Trump's cabinet pick for department of agriculture never worked on a farm. Booooooooooo, lets smash the windows out of this building and light something on fire.

    It's not anything new. I would not have to go back far to find a cabinet pick with no experience other than being a career politician. How about Bills pick for Dept. Of agriculture? Law degree, career politician.

  • If Trump is who he is in real life, I'm sure getting rid of someone that isn't performing wouldn't bother him in the bit

  • Breaking news, Trump's cabinet pick for department of agriculture never worked on a farm. Booooooooooo, lets smash the windows out of this building and light something on fire.

    It's not anything new. I would not have to go back far to find a cabinet pick with no experience other than being a career politician. How about Bills pick for Dept. Of agriculture? Law degree, career politician.

    @erie-dawg said:

    Breaking news, Trump's cabinet pick for department of agriculture never worked on a farm. Booooooooooo, lets smash the windows out of this building and light something on fire.

    It's not anything new. I would not have to go back far to find a cabinet pick with no experience other than being a career politician. How about Bills pick for Dept. Of agriculture? Law degree, career politician.

    So... you're saying you have to go back almost 20 years then? That's quite a while.

  • great. now we have liberals wanting age discrimination on the net. I'm retired, I have more time

    in the winter.

    Meanwhile, the liberal bitching about Devos -

    "True. DeVos does have a degree, just not in education; she graduated from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a bachelor's degree in business administration and political science. She wouldn't be the first Secretary of Education to take office without a degree in the subject, however. Margaret Spellings, George W. Bush's education secretary from 2005 to 2009, had a degree in political science. Bill Clinton's education secretary, Richard W. Riley, had a law degree."

    "According to a DeVos family spokesperson interviewed by The Detroit News, members of the family have "given millions of dollars" to the Grand Rapids Public Schools over the years."

    "Invested $200 million in Christian schools and organizations?

    Undetermined. Through their nonprofit organization, the Dick and Betsy DeVos Family Foundation, Betsy and her husband have given tens of millions of dollars to a great many schools and organizations, some of which are identified as "Christian." For 12 years running, for example, the foundation donated between $200,000 and $300,000 annually to Potter's House, a nonprofit "Christ-centered" elementary school serving underprivileged children in Grand Rapids, Michigan. But they have also contributed large amounts to the Van Andel Institute (VAI), scientific research and education facility, and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, among many others."

    "She currently chairs the American Federation for Children, an organization that promotes "school choice" in the form of education vouchers, scholarship tax credits, and the like.

    “I am honored to accept this responsibility to work with the President-elect on his vision to make American education great again,” DeVos said:

    The status quo in education is not acceptable. Together, we can work to make transformational change that ensures every student in America has the opportunity to fulfill his or her highest potential."