Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Inroads

Inroads

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 5 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    My wife is a professed non-sports fan. She especially says that she is a non-football fan.

    But....in October she watched almost all of the Cubs-Indians World Series.

    And yesterday, I had the Packers/Falcons game on. Now, while she claims to hate football, she did sort of watch the game. Between doing her jigsaw puzzles and playing computer games on the phone, she was seeing enough of the game to start bitching and yelling at the Packers for doing so poorly. Note of information: she is originally from Racine Wisc....so, her interest was in rooting for the Packers...and she rooted for the Cubs, which she has all her life.

    I was actually secretly rooting for the Falcons, though I did not admit that to her. When she griped about them I said simply "sorry Dear, it looks like the Packers are getting their asses handed to them...without telling her that I was wanting the Packers to have their asses handed to her". So, anyway, that was one inroad....having my wife yelling at a football team she was rooting for.

    But that is not the best part....oh no!

    The best part is that when the Steelers game came on....she was rooting against them. Before yesterday I didn't think she could care less who would have won that game. (I always knew she was a latent Packer fan, notwithstanding her denial of caring anything about football). When something bad happened to the Steelers she would yell "Yes!!" And when they lost, she said "good, I didn't want the winning".

    So, I guess years and years of indoctrination has taken hold just a little bit anyway.. She may not be as consuming in her hate for the Steelers as we all are....but, in the words of all those anthropomorphized beings in Beauty and the Beast: "there's something there".

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 363 Reputation
      W wargograw wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Riveting.

      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W wargograw

        Riveting.

        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
        • 57k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @wargograw said:

        Riveting.

        I understand your wife is an inflatable doll with A&M stamped across her forehead and abdomen.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

          ballpeenB The GipperT OrionO 3 Replies Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • T TexasAg1969

            Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

            ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @texasag1969 said:

            Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

            LOL

            If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • T TexasAg1969

              Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @texasag1969 said:

              Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

              Or she will be teaching you that football teams win primarily because of quality QBs. And having an elite QB is better than reaching on an edge rusher.

              T 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                @texasag1969 said:

                Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

                Or she will be teaching you that football teams win primarily because of quality QBs. And having an elite QB is better than reaching on an edge rusher.

                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 23k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                #7

                @the-gipper said:

                Or she will be teaching you that football teams win primarily because of quality QBs. And having an elite QB is better than reaching on an edge rusher.

                And she will educate you about what an elite QB looks like and that there ain't any this year. 😄😁

                And I will educate the males on here what it feels like to get your prostate enucleated with a laser from the inside. Boy it's been a thrilling couple of days. 😆

                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • T TexasAg1969

                  Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

                  Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @texasag1969 said:

                  Pretty soon she will be teaching you about reaching for QB's and not passing on elite edge rushers. 😛

                  MOBILE, Ala. -- Hue Jackson admitted Wednesday that a good quarterback in the draft is more valuable than an elite player at any other position --

                  .....smartest thing I've ever heard of him saying.

                  BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • T TexasAg1969

                    @the-gipper said:

                    Or she will be teaching you that football teams win primarily because of quality QBs. And having an elite QB is better than reaching on an edge rusher.

                    And she will educate you about what an elite QB looks like and that there ain't any this year. 😄😁

                    And I will educate the males on here what it feels like to get your prostate enucleated with a laser from the inside. Boy it's been a thrilling couple of days. 😆

                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @texasag1969 said:

                    And she will educate you about what an elite QB looks like and that there ain't any this year. 😄😁

                    And I will educate the males on here what it feels like to get your prostate enucleated with a laser from the inside. Boy it's been a thrilling couple of days. 😆

                    You are wrong on the former, as your view is tainted. You are an Aggiefag and all you want is for the Browns to take your boy.

                    As to the latter...no thank you. You can be on your own with that.

                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @ghoolie said:

                      Don't let her red Ghoolie or you will lose her.

                      "Don't let her red Ghoolie"?

                      Not sure I get that. Are you like Native American? Or Communist?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                        @texasag1969 said:

                        And she will educate you about what an elite QB looks like and that there ain't any this year. 😄😁

                        And I will educate the males on here what it feels like to get your prostate enucleated with a laser from the inside. Boy it's been a thrilling couple of days. 😆

                        You are wrong on the former, as your view is tainted. You are an Aggiefag and all you want is for the Browns to take your boy.

                        As to the latter...no thank you. You can be on your own with that.

                        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 23k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-gipper said:

                        You are wrong on the former, as your view is tainted. You are an Aggiefag and all you want is for the Browns to take your boy.

                        As to the latter...no thank you. You can be on your own with that.

                        I admit I want to see him torturing all those QB's who have so bedeviled the Browns in the past. There are worse things we could end up doing that's for sure.

                        But you have to also admit you are letting one QB bedazzle you to the detriment of other possibilities.

                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • T TexasAg1969

                          @the-gipper said:

                          You are wrong on the former, as your view is tainted. You are an Aggiefag and all you want is for the Browns to take your boy.

                          As to the latter...no thank you. You can be on your own with that.

                          I admit I want to see him torturing all those QB's who have so bedeviled the Browns in the past. There are worse things we could end up doing that's for sure.

                          But you have to also admit you are letting one QB bedazzle you to the detriment of other possibilities.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                          #12

                          @texasag1969 said:

                          I admit I want to see him torturing all those QB's who have so bedeviled the Browns in the past. There are worse things we could end up doing that's for sure.

                          But you have to also admit you are letting one QB bedazzle you to the detriment of other possibilities.

                          Not at all. You, in fact are the one doing that. I have considered a variety of possibilities. I even authored Camp Trade Down. So, sure, while there are worse things that could happen than to end up with Garrett, there may also be better things. Which is something YOU apparently have not contemplated.

                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The GipperT The Gipper

                            @texasag1969 said:

                            I admit I want to see him torturing all those QB's who have so bedeviled the Browns in the past. There are worse things we could end up doing that's for sure.

                            But you have to also admit you are letting one QB bedazzle you to the detriment of other possibilities.

                            Not at all. You, in fact are the one doing that. I have considered a variety of possibilities. I even authored Camp Trade Down. So, sure, while there are worse things that could happen than to end up with Garrett, there may also be better things. Which is something YOU apparently have not contemplated.

                            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 23k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @the-gipper said:

                            Not at all. You, in fact are the one doing that. I have considered a variety of possibilities. I even authored Camp Trade Down. So, sure, while there are worse things that could happen than to end up with Garrett, there may also be better things. Which is something YOU apparently have not contemplated.

                            Of course I have but they usually involve defensive players. I could trade down with SF or Chi if I knew they wanted a QB and I still knew I would get Garrett or Allen plus something more.

                            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • T TexasAg1969

                              @the-gipper said:

                              Not at all. You, in fact are the one doing that. I have considered a variety of possibilities. I even authored Camp Trade Down. So, sure, while there are worse things that could happen than to end up with Garrett, there may also be better things. Which is something YOU apparently have not contemplated.

                              Of course I have but they usually involve defensive players. I could trade down with SF or Chi if I knew they wanted a QB and I still knew I would get Garrett or Allen plus something more.

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
                              #14

                              @texasag1969 said:

                              Of course I have but they usually involve defensive players. I could trade down with SF or Chi if I knew they wanted a QB and I still knew I would get Garrett or Allen plus something more.

                              But, again, you are focused on only one possibility. Getting Garrett.

                              T 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • The GipperT The Gipper

                                @texasag1969 said:

                                Of course I have but they usually involve defensive players. I could trade down with SF or Chi if I knew they wanted a QB and I still knew I would get Garrett or Allen plus something more.

                                But, again, you are focused on only one possibility. Getting Garrett.

                                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @the-gipper said:

                                But, again, you are focused on only one possibility. Getting Garrett.

                                And you are focused on one QB. At least mine is the consensus BPA.

                                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • T TexasAg1969

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  But, again, you are focused on only one possibility. Getting Garrett.

                                  And you are focused on one QB. At least mine is the consensus BPA.

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @texasag1969 said:

                                  And you are focused on one QB. At least mine is the consensus BPA.

                                  I am not sure about consensus. I have heard lots on here and elsewhere say Allen is as noteworthy. As for me concentrating on one QB, its not that I concentrate only on him, its just that in evaluating them I think he is the one best suited to the pro game, with the best upside, and is the best QB prospect to likely come out over a 3 year period, and he plays the position that is the Browns most important need, and is the one that would have the most positive impact on the Browns future going forward.

                                  It is a logical, not a visceral reaction.

                                  If I could get both would I take both? Certainly. But I don't think we will have that option.

                                  T 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                                    @texasag1969 said:

                                    And you are focused on one QB. At least mine is the consensus BPA.

                                    I am not sure about consensus. I have heard lots on here and elsewhere say Allen is as noteworthy. As for me concentrating on one QB, its not that I concentrate only on him, its just that in evaluating them I think he is the one best suited to the pro game, with the best upside, and is the best QB prospect to likely come out over a 3 year period, and he plays the position that is the Browns most important need, and is the one that would have the most positive impact on the Browns future going forward.

                                    It is a logical, not a visceral reaction.

                                    If I could get both would I take both? Certainly. But I don't think we will have that option.

                                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    I am not sure about consensus. I have heard lots on here and elsewhere say Allen is as noteworthy. As for me concentrating on one QB, its not that I concentrate only on him, its just that in evaluating them I think he is the one best suited to the pro game, with the best upside, and is the best QB prospect to likely come out over a 3 year period, and he plays the position that is the Browns most important need, and is the one that would have the most positive impact on the Browns future going forward.

                                    It is a logical, not a visceral reaction.

                                    If I could get both would I take both? Certainly. But I don't think we will have that option.

                                    If we traded away our 2018 draft plus #12 we could. Won't happen though.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate