Skip to content

Trade for Kirk Cousins?

The Browns Board
99 33 3.0k
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Cousins for the #12 is a definite to me.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #13

    If shanny wants to trade off Allen for Cousins, then he just shot a hole in his new coaching job.

    And if the Browns trade Garrett for him, just pull the fucking dirt in the hole over them.

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by Suomi
    #14

    No go on any trade. Cousins is no savior.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I suggest A Parade. A Balloon Inflatable of each QB that the media "will have" or "already have" rumors of going to the Browns. By Draft time it should be 2-3 miles long. Free Beers & Marching strip Bands..Ya'll come.. all yeeee faithful of "It's raining NFL QB's"

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #16

    actually, it's not a bad idea. Trade RGIII to them for him..... 🙂

  • actually, it's not a bad idea. Trade RGIII to them for him..... 🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @calfoxwc said:

    actually, it's not a bad idea. Trade RGIII to them for him..... 🙂

    What no RGIII and Cousins together? 😕

    But we have a long draft coming up so who knows what will end up happening there. Cleveland's version of Groundhog Day the movie.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    lol... "We're getting the band back together again." - "Joliet" Jake Blues

    @connerlangford said:

    Very good and very tough question... at least for me.

    WSH tagged him saying in effect, "Do it again." He essentially did. And now? They're floating him as trade bait?

    That's a red flag... which is appropriate since WSH's big issue on Offense this year was red-zone scoring.

    Kurt threw for a ton between the 20's... but the last 20 tripped him up.

    I'll pass...

  • Zero interest.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Zero interest.

    @cvcanedy said:

    Zero?

    Zero- unless you think he's worth Aaron Rodgers money. If Oswieler got $72 million, Cousins is going to get at least $100. Likely scenario- the Redskins will franchise him and try to work out a long term deal. He can be franchised for 2017 and 2018- but that's it. After the third tag, he'd be entitled to a 44% raise, that's not happening.

  • Browns1216B Browns1216 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    i'd be surprised if the Redskins give him up. Do they have that much faith in Colt McCoy or do they have someone else in mind?

  • i'd be surprised if the Redskins give him up. Do they have that much faith in Colt McCoy or do they have someone else in mind?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @browns1216 said:

    i'd be surprised if the Redskins give him up. Do they have that much faith in Colt McCoy or do they have someone else in mind?

    Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? 🙂

  • @browns1216 said:

    i'd be surprised if the Redskins give him up. Do they have that much faith in Colt McCoy or do they have someone else in mind?

    Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? 🙂

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Oh cool, it's every offseason for the last three years again.

    @orion said:

    Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? 🙂

    Their #1 this year, next year, and the year after, plus a franchised Kirk Cousins, sure, I'd take that. And Putney. I want Putney.

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by
    #23

    I can accept this , but would he want to come here. Its not like this team has a winning record.

  • I can accept this , but would he want to come here. Its not like this team has a winning record.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    I can accept this , but would he want to come here. Its not like this team has a winning record.

    See: Collins, Jamie

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    A while back I said there'd be no way the Redskins let Cousins walk, in any way. However, it appears that I'm wrong (shocker). If this is true, the Redskins would HAVE to have some sort of backup plan, and I can't think of what it is. Draft a rookie and hope he turns out well immediately? How often has THAT worked out for teams? Sign one of the veteran QB's, such as Tyrod or Cutler? (if they're cut) Kaepernick? Can anybody truly say those guys are better than Kirk? I just don't see it...I really don't. Kirk might not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but in a world where competent QB play is rare, why on earth would they want to deal Cousins? I just don't see it!

    But back to the poster's question. Would I be on the wagon for a trade? Hell freaking yes I would. The article indicated Cousins played in a similar offense under Gruden, and that could ease the transition period. If Pryor is back, our offensive cupboard isn't exactly bare, if people like Coleman, Devalve, Pryor, and others continue developing. I guess the million dollar question is, what would it take for the deal to get done? Anything involving the #1 pick is out the window, and I won't even LISTEN to anything. However, the #12 pick? Would I use the #12 pick to essentially draft Kirk Cousins? Yep. I'd do it in a skinny second. I'm not sure what other picks it'd take, but we'd have basically a new team INSTANTLY. Myles Garrett, Kirk Cousins, and then two second round picks? Uhhh....yes please. And our first second round pick is obviously as high as it gets, and there's ALWAYS a player graded as first round talent that slips on day 1. I think Ogbah was in that category.

    Listen, I'm not going to get overly excited over a rumor because this is the NFL "Silly Season". However, it certainly is fun to talk about.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #26

    When I ask why Bill Belichick would jettison The Heir Apparent to Tom Brady I'd be even more surprised if the Redskins would shitcan their starting franchise quarterback.

    Garoppolo is an unknown quantity as far as a franchise star but Kirk Cousins has shown that he probably is not.

    WSS

  • lol... "We're getting the band back together again." - "Joliet" Jake Blues

    @connerlangford said:

    Very good and very tough question... at least for me.

    WSH tagged him saying in effect, "Do it again." He essentially did. And now? They're floating him as trade bait?

    That's a red flag... which is appropriate since WSH's big issue on Offense this year was red-zone scoring.

    Kurt threw for a ton between the 20's... but the last 20 tripped him up.

    I'll pass...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... "We're getting the band back together again." - "Joliet" Jake Blues

    Very good and very tough question... at least for me.

    WSH tagged him saying in effect, "Do it again." He essentially did. And now? They're floating him as trade bait?

    That's a red flag... which is appropriate since WSH's big issue on Offense this year was red-zone scoring.

    Kurt threw for a ton between the 20's... but the last 20 tripped him up.

    I'll pass...

    I don't know that Washington is floating him as trade bait. It was probably just some guy with a computer blog or something.

    That would be like someone reading one of Ghoolie's rants about trading Joe Thomas....then reporting that the Browns are floating Joe Thomas as trade bait.

  • @browns1216 said:

    i'd be surprised if the Redskins give him up. Do they have that much faith in Colt McCoy or do they have someone else in mind?

    Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? 🙂

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #28

    @orion said:

    Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? 🙂

    Where do they draft? Our anal-ytics guys might seriously consider it.

  • A while back I said there'd be no way the Redskins let Cousins walk, in any way. However, it appears that I'm wrong (shocker). If this is true, the Redskins would HAVE to have some sort of backup plan, and I can't think of what it is. Draft a rookie and hope he turns out well immediately? How often has THAT worked out for teams? Sign one of the veteran QB's, such as Tyrod or Cutler? (if they're cut) Kaepernick? Can anybody truly say those guys are better than Kirk? I just don't see it...I really don't. Kirk might not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but in a world where competent QB play is rare, why on earth would they want to deal Cousins? I just don't see it!

    But back to the poster's question. Would I be on the wagon for a trade? Hell freaking yes I would. The article indicated Cousins played in a similar offense under Gruden, and that could ease the transition period. If Pryor is back, our offensive cupboard isn't exactly bare, if people like Coleman, Devalve, Pryor, and others continue developing. I guess the million dollar question is, what would it take for the deal to get done? Anything involving the #1 pick is out the window, and I won't even LISTEN to anything. However, the #12 pick? Would I use the #12 pick to essentially draft Kirk Cousins? Yep. I'd do it in a skinny second. I'm not sure what other picks it'd take, but we'd have basically a new team INSTANTLY. Myles Garrett, Kirk Cousins, and then two second round picks? Uhhh....yes please. And our first second round pick is obviously as high as it gets, and there's ALWAYS a player graded as first round talent that slips on day 1. I think Ogbah was in that category.

    Listen, I'm not going to get overly excited over a rumor because this is the NFL "Silly Season". However, it certainly is fun to talk about.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @jiggins7919 said:

    A while back I said there'd be no way the Redskins let Cousins walk, in any way. However, it appears that I'm wrong (shocker). If this is true, the Redskins would HAVE to have some sort of backup plan, and I can't think of what it is. Draft a rookie and hope he turns out well immediately? How often has THAT worked out for teams? Sign one of the veteran QB's, such as Tyrod or Cutler? (if they're cut) Kaepernick? Can anybody truly say those guys are better than Kirk? I just don't see it...I really don't. Kirk might not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but in a world where competent QB play is rare, why on earth would they want to deal Cousins? I just don't see it!

    But back to the poster's question. Would I be on the wagon for a trade? Hell freaking yes I would. The article indicated Cousins played in a similar offense under Gruden, and that could ease the transition period. If Pryor is back, our offensive cupboard isn't exactly bare, if people like Coleman, Devalve, Pryor, and others continue developing. I guess the million dollar question is, what would it take for the deal to get done? Anything involving the #1 pick is out the window, and I won't even LISTEN to anything. However, the #12 pick? Would I use the #12 pick to essentially draft Kirk Cousins? Yep. I'd do it in a skinny second. I'm not sure what other picks it'd take, but we'd have basically a new team INSTANTLY. Myles Garrett, Kirk Cousins, and then two second round picks? Uhhh....yes please. And our first second round pick is obviously as high as it gets, and there's ALWAYS a player graded as first round talent that slips on day 1. I think Ogbah was in that category.

    Listen, I'm not going to get overly excited over a rumor because this is the NFL "Silly Season". However, it certainly is fun to talk about.

    Who would you....and all of you....rather trade that #12 for: Kirk Cousins.....or Jimmy Garrapolo? How about that conundrum!

  • Oh cool, it's every offseason for the last three years again.

    @orion said:

    Perhaps they'll trade us three #1's to go up to #1 overall and draft another QB? 🙂

    Their #1 this year, next year, and the year after, plus a franchised Kirk Cousins, sure, I'd take that. And Putney. I want Putney.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #30

    @gftchris said:

    Their #1 this year, next year, and the year after, plus a franchised Kirk Cousins, sure, I'd take that. And Putney. I want Putney.

    ... because I want him...

    @jiggins7919 said:

    A while back I said there'd be no way the Redskins let Cousins walk, in any way. However, it appears that I'm wrong (shocker). If this is true, the Redskins would HAVE to have some sort of backup plan, and I can't think of what it is. Draft a rookie and hope he turns out well immediately? How often has THAT worked out for teams? Sign one of the veteran QB's, such as Tyrod or Cutler? (if they're cut) Kaepernick? Can anybody truly say those guys are better than Kirk? I just don't see it...I really don't. Kirk might not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but in a world where competent QB play is rare, why on earth would they want to deal Cousins? I just don't see it!

    Do you see WSH being only the retention of Kirk away from winning a Super Bowl? Even simply winning the NFC? I don't...

    I think they are heading towards a rebuild. If you look at where they are vs. DAL and NYG and even PHI, assuming Wentz pans out, it is hard to see them making their way out of the Division and into the playoffs.

    And the size of the contract their unestablished QB is expected to command hamstrings any rebuild effort.

    @westside-steve said:

    When I ask why Bill Belichick would jettison The Heir Apparent to Tom Brady I'd be even more surprised if the Redskins would shitcan their starting franchise quarterback.

    There's only one reason... he's not good enough to take them where they want to get. I agree with them.

    Is Kurt a nice player? Yes...

    Better than anyone we have on our roster? Yes...

    Is that enough reason to pursue him in a trade? No...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I don't hate the idea, but I don't love it either.

    You'll be giving up a 1st rounder and then giving him top 15 QB money. Is Kirk a top 15 QB? I'm not so sure.

    Would he be a nice upgrade? Yes. As Tour alluded to, Red Zone woes. However that may stem from the Skins lack of commitment to the run game at times. I do like Cousin's work in the play action game though.