Skip to content

The Las Vegas Raiders

The Browns Board
197 26 5.8k
  • @the-gipper said:

    No. See above. The franchise was always the Browns. They just used an expansion like process to replenish the roster.

    All they did, as I said, was sell the franchise to a new owner. Not much different than when Randy sold it to Haslam.

    Players and coaches are fungible.

    My example of the house sale is a pretty good analogy.

    You move from your house, you don't move the house. You move some furniture, you don't move the house. Maybe the house is vacant for a while while you find a new buyer and they take some time to move in. It is still the same house. The foundation, the walls, the roof are all still in place.

    The new buyers brought in some new furniture and appliances (players, coaches, equipment).

    That is all that happened.

    But what if Modell had taken the name and colors, which he very well could have, then I don't think you could apply your analogy.

    You would have still had the franchise (house) in place, but the colors and name would be different. So with that couldnt you say regardless of whether the new team in Cleveland is named the Browns or the Bishops, the real Browns moved to Baltimore?

    Ive heard browns fans say they wished Modell had taken the name and colors. The regimes that have been in control since 99 have dragged the name and colors through poop, turning this franchise into the greatest laughingstock in the modern era. Although Modell decided to give up the name and colors, fans have said in hindsight that the powers that be should have left the great tradition of the Cleveland Browns die and rest in peace and let the shitshow since 99 be attached to another name and colors... not the Cleveland Browns.

    @stinkhole said:

    But what if Modell had taken the name and colors, which he very well could have, then I don't think you could apply your analogy.

    But that is NOT what happened? He didn't, (and couldn't) take the house with him. He just moved and took some furniture.

    You would have still had the franchise (house) in place, but the colors and name would be different. So with that couldnt you say regardless of whether the new team in Cleveland is named the Browns or the Bishops, the real Browns moved to Baltimore?

    Again, that is not what happened. The franchise was left in place. The name was left in place. Everything was left in place but those furnishings. Why theorize on what could have happened...when we know the facts of what DID happen.

    Ive heard browns fans say they wished Modell had taken the name and colors. The regimes that have been in control since 99 have dragged the name and colors through poop, turning this franchise into the greatest laughingstock in the modern era.

    OK, well, at least, yes,you got that right. But that sort of thing can and has happened to many franchises. For many years this century the Raiders were the most pathetic franchise in the league. ....worse than the Browns. But recently they made some good personell decisions that seem to be getting them out of their 15 year doldrum. And as I said before....the 49ers, the great dynasty of the 1980s and good in the 90s has lately become a dumpster fire. And as good as the Steelers have been more recently, they had 40 years of being a shitstorm organization. And the team that has had the most #1 overall draft picks in their history have been the Colts (Balt. or Indy). And second have been the Bengals.

    So, many teams at various time have been "laughingstocks". And some day soon I expect the Browns to start to be very competitive. The 3 teams in their division are all much weaker than they have been in the recent past.

    Although Modell decided to give up the name and colors, fans have said in hindsight that the powers that be should have left the great tradition of the Cleveland Browns die and rest in peace and let the shitshow since 99 be attached to another name and colors... not the Cleveland Browns.

    Well, again, a theory.

    Another theory propounded is that every team that "moves" should do what happened with the Browns. The Colts Baltimore history should have been transferred to the new Baltimore franchise....who should be a continuation of the Colts franchise in Baltimore and not "The Ravens". The Oilers franchise should have stayed in Houston and what is now the "Texans" should still be The Oilers.

    This is exactly what happened in the NBA with the Charlotte Hornets/New Orleans Hornet/Charlotte Bobcats/New Orleans Pelicans. The history of the Hornets in Charlotte was transferred back to the "Bobcats" when they changed their name back to the Hornets, and the team in New Orleans had its New Orleans history kept in New Orleans.

    Here is a bit of an explanation of that transaction:

    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/05/20/charlotte-hornets-assume-historical-records-from-new-pelicans/

    Something similar has been proposed if Seattle were to get a new team. That the Sonics history be reverted to Seattle, and that Oklahoma city be considered a new, separate franchise.

    Some propose that the same thing should be done with the Raiders franchise. That the "Raiders" should remain an Oakland property...and that the new Las Vegas team be given a new name, identity, history. Now, I don't think for a moment that will happen.....but perhaps it should.

    Of course, the model for the Hornets/Pelicans deal was the Browns situation.

  • An empty rutterless, directionless, leader less empty shell was left behind.

    I'm so glad that the BROWNS never left Cleveland. 😉

  • @ghoolie said:

    As you can see from my Avatar, Modell DID take the name, colors and records with him to Baltimore. I actually have a Baltimore Browns sweatshirt.

    The following article from Cleveland.com restates everything I have said all along.

    Only people like Gipper and Hoorta fantasize that the Browns didn't leave. They did. They got the fuck out of Cleveland.

    Well, if facts are fantasy....when am I in reality going to bed down Kaley Cuocco?

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/09/when_art_modell_moved_his_clev.html

    When the move happened, I promoted the idea that the new team not be named the Browns. For reasons you cited. Plus, I accurately predicted back in 1995 that the new team should not be allowed to just come in and reap the benefits of all that went on before. I assessed that the new team would be horrible, but because of fan sentiment, the idiots would make the new owner rich no matter how shitty the team was.

    Was I right?

    The new team, The Cleveland Bulldogs could have been way cool, and very, very historically important and respectful of the old Browns. It could have been named with the Great Paul Brown in mind. It could have had it's own identity. Had the team been named the Cleveland Bulldogs, it would have had to win over the fans and once it did, it would have been a love affair. Given the hurt of losing the Browns, the Bulldogs would have a far more rewarding relationship to the city than this idiotic bag of shit we got instead.

    I understand and think there could have been some merit to that....but the "Bulldogs" would not have had a connection with Paul Brown. Its connection would be more to Jim Thorpe and the Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs that won 3 championships back in the 20s.

    However, I don't know that different name/franchise designation would have mattered or changed the history of football here over the last 20 years. We still would have had the Randy Lerner's making a mess of things...and everyone else. It would just have been done in different name.

    There is no heart and soul to this team. This team is not like the Steelers to its fans. There is no fucking connection to the past with this broth of ball sacks and boogers.

    This is just not true. There is far more heart and soul to Browns fans than Steeler fans. Can you imagine the crickets that would have come out over there if that team had been as bad as the Browns? Hell...just 2-3 years after winning 4 SBs in 6 years, they were getting like 35K to show up in a 59K capacity stadium.

    Besides, FYI, the Steelers emerged from the Eagles franchise.

    You are NEVER, EVER going to see Browns fans take over Hienz Field like we did TRS in the old days. You are never going to see Cleveland ever remedy that voluminous amount of Steeler fans that this shit franchise has helped bring to NE Ohio.

    Never say never. Again, when the worm turns, the loser fans of Pisstown will abandon their team like they were empty crab shells on a beach.

    The Browns are now, as you mentioned, a losing franchise, head to head, the Steelers own the Browns, and that is not going to change in our lifetime. I am here because of the good old days, and because of my many friends. But, with the birth of a new franchise in Las Vegas, and me loving Vegas so much, it is the next best thing to having The Cleveland Bulldogs.

    This Browns team is a facade.

    Again, wishes cannot change facts. I wish that JFK had never been assassinated, but I can't change history.

    And I see....YOU are in favor of designating the Las Vegas Franchise as a "new" franchise. Does that mean you advocate leaving the Raider name and history in Oakland?

    And would that not be a hypocritical stance on your part...give your attitude about the Browns?

  • Ghoolie got this right, taxes plus a pile of cash caused the BROWNS players, ALL OF THEM to move and play in Baltimore. ......

    business reporter, Miriam Hill, examined motivations for the move:

    Estate planning as motivation?

    Decision to move team may be driven by Modell's age: 70

    Art Modell's decision to move the Browns to Baltimore may be due, in part, to his need to ensure his heirs have the financial ability to keep the team after he dies.

    At age 70, Modell undoubtedly has been thinking about the condition of his estate when he dies. In fact, local lawyers and financial planners say Modell's need may have been one factor in dictating the move.

    "Art's world has greatly changed, and now somebody's dangling a lot of money and saying, `Here's a way to solve your problems,' said William Karnatz, an estate planning lawyer with Nicola Gudbranson & Cooper.

    Modell's spokesman, David Hopcraft, could not be reached yesterday, but here is Modell's problem:

    If he wanted to keep the team in the family, his heirs - probably his wife and two stepsons - would have to pay a tax of up to 55 percent of the value of the estate. With the value of the Browns franchise probably in the neighborhood of $200 million, that would put the estate taxes in the neighborhood of $100 million.

    Modell has said that a majority of his assets are tied up in the Browns. To pay the tax, the estate might have had to sell the team. And given the fact that a sale could have been necessary, it's unlikely that the family could have received its full value.

    ... By moving to Baltimore, Modell will have a revenue stream estimated at $30 million a year. After paying the cost of running a team, he can invest the profits to help his heirs generate enough cash to pay the taxes.

    @mjp28 said:

    Ghoolie got this right, taxes plus a pile of cash caused the BROWNS players, ALL OF THEM to move and play in Baltimore. ......

    business reporter, Miriam Hill, examined motivations for the move:

    Estate planning as motivation?

    Decision to move team may be driven by Modell's age: 70

    Art Modell's decision to move the Browns to Baltimore may be due, in part, to his need to ensure his heirs have the financial ability to keep the team after he dies.

    At age 70, Modell undoubtedly has been thinking about the condition of his estate when he dies. In fact, local lawyers and financial planners say Modell's need may have been one factor in dictating the move.

    "Art's world has greatly changed, and now somebody's dangling a lot of money and saying, `Here's a way to solve your problems,' said William Karnatz, an estate planning lawyer with Nicola Gudbranson & Cooper.

    Modell's spokesman, David Hopcraft, could not be reached yesterday, but here is Modell's problem:

    If he wanted to keep the team in the family, his heirs - probably his wife and two stepsons - would have to pay a tax of up to 55 percent of the value of the estate. With the value of the Browns franchise probably in the neighborhood of $200 million, that would put the estate taxes in the neighborhood of $100 million.

    Modell has said that a majority of his assets are tied up in the Browns. To pay the tax, the estate might have had to sell the team. And given the fact that a sale could have been necessary, it's unlikely that the family could have received its full value.

    ... By moving to Baltimore, Modell will have a revenue stream estimated at $30 million a year. After paying the cost of running a team, he can invest the profits to help his heirs generate enough cash to pay the taxes.

    That all didn't ultimately matter did it? Even with the big cash bribe, and whatever money he was making in Baltimore, he still could not succeed, and he was forced by the league to sell his team due to his financial ineptness. And now both he and the son he wanted to preserve the team for are both dead.

    Perhaps we should just let the dead lie in peace. No sense rehashing that.

  • An empty rutterless, directionless, leader less empty shell was left behind.

    I'm so glad that the BROWNS never left Cleveland. 😉

    @mjp28 said:

    An empty rutterless, directionless, leader less empty shell was left behind.

    I'm so glad that the BROWNS never left Cleveland. 😉

    It was neither empty, rutteless (sic..you mean rudderless), directionless. When Al Lerner was alive, this expansion franchise went from paper to playoffs in 4 years.

    But even after that none of what you say applies.....the thing is, it was directed and lead in a bad manner. It has had bad leadership, not no leadership.

    It may have been better off with no leadership.

  • @mjp28 said:

    An empty rutterless, directionless, leader less empty shell was left behind.

    I'm so glad that the BROWNS never left Cleveland. 😉

    It was neither empty, rutteless (sic..you mean rudderless), directionless. When Al Lerner was alive, this expansion franchise went from paper to playoffs in 4 years.

    But even after that none of what you say applies.....the thing is, it was directed and lead in a bad manner. It has had bad leadership, not no leadership.

    It may have been better off with no leadership.

    @the-gipper said:

    It was neither empty, rutteless (sic..you mean rudderless), directionless. When Al Lerner was alive, this expansion franchise went from paper to playoffs in 4 years.

    But even after that none of what you say applies.....the thing is, it was directed and lead in a bad manner. It has had bad leadership, not no leadership.

    It may have been better off with no leadership.

    (I love my tablet but sometimes occasionally it hijacks my words. Actually I'm not a bad writer and speller.)

    The BROWNS v2.0 blew draft after draft with #1 picks, bad football people! Oh Charmin' Carmen Policy used to live about 2 mles from my house before he moved, an attorney but not really a football guy. Yes they made one wild card game with Butch and lost.

    Oh bad leadership is not leading, no useful leadership or no leadership and nobody to stop them.

    All of that has bled on until today hence #1 picks again. 😕

  • In the end.. the bottom line is.. I root for CLEVELAND..To hell with everything and everyone else.. I have a childhood friend on facebook who is a Cleveland transplant living in Chicago.. He was gloating about the cubs victory over the tribe and tried coercing Me to pat him on the back.. I told him.. in not so many words.. Fuck you!.. No matter where I was living or lived.. I root for CLEVELAND!!!!

  • @ghoolie said:

    Oakland? Look who's talking. What, don't you like Baltimore?

    Listen, Dickfuck, I don't know where you are going with this Baltimore thing, and frankly, I don't give a shit.

    Here are the Professional sports teams I root for: The Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Cleveland Indians.

    Do you notice some sort of trend there?

    I root for Cleveland, Ohio.

    Baltimore can blow me. Oakland can lick my balls. And Vegas can eat my ass.

    The Vegas Raiders are not the Oakland Raiders.

    No, they're not. They are a much gayer version. Oakland is a tough city, Vegas has no soul. It's a place for soulless fucks to run to when they can't hang anymore. You should buy a condo there.

    Best Climate in the USA..

    Really? So you've never been to Hawaii? San Diego? Key West? Frying your fat ass in the desert in 115 temps is what works for you? Good ... that's your choice. Embrace it. Make it your own. Live in Vegas. Root for Vegas. I'm gonna live on the Beach and root for Cleveland. And sleep like a baby because I never gave up.

    Florida? LMAO. Zomblow dates a lot of hot women in Naples. He takes them home and pulls on their tits until the wrinkles come out.

    I get more pussy at 52 than you got at 25. Naples is stocked with MILFs 35-50, divorced. Hubby stayed up North, they live down here on his alimony, and I'm banging all of them.

    Maybe if you lose 100 pounds you wouldn't have to pay for a handjob in Vegas like you do now, some rancid barfly in memphis might actually touch your dick.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Listen, Dickfuck, I don't know where you are going with this Baltimore thing, and frankly, I don't give a shit.

    Here are the Professional sports teams I root for: The Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Cleveland Indians.

    Do you notice some sort of trend there?

    I root for Cleveland, Ohio.

    Baltimore can blow me. Oakland can lick my balls. And Vegas can eat my ass.

    No, they're not. They are a much gayer version. Oakland is a tough city, Vegas has no soul. It's a place for soulless fucks to run to when they can't hang anymore. You should buy a condo there.

    Really? So you've never been to Hawaii? San Diego? Key West? Frying your fat ass in the desert in 115 temps is what works for you? Good ... that's your choice. Embrace it. Make it your own. Live in Vegas. Root for Vegas. I'm gonna live on the Beach and root for Cleveland. And sleep like a baby because I never gave up.

    I get more pussy at 52 than you got at 25. Naples is stocked with MILFs 35-50, divorced. Hubby stayed up North, they live down here on his alimony, and I'm banging all of them.

    Maybe if you lose 100 pounds you wouldn't have to pay for a handjob in Vegas like you do now, some rancid barfly in memphis might actually touch your dick.

    Zombo

    Z... simply put... you are the best... the master of the "take down".

  • Zombo said:

    Listen, Dickfuck, I don't know where you are going with this Baltimore thing, and frankly, I don't give a shit.

    Here are the Professional sports teams I root for: The Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Cleveland Indians.

    Do you notice some sort of trend there?

    I root for Cleveland, Ohio.

    Baltimore can blow me. Oakland can lick my balls. And Vegas can eat my ass.

    No, they're not. They are a much gayer version. Oakland is a tough city, Vegas has no soul. It's a place for soulless fucks to run to when they can't hang anymore. You should buy a condo there.

    Really? So you've never been to Hawaii? San Diego? Key West? Frying your fat ass in the desert in 115 temps is what works for you? Good ... that's your choice. Embrace it. Make it your own. Live in Vegas. Root for Vegas. I'm gonna live on the Beach and root for Cleveland. And sleep like a baby because I never gave up.

    I get more pussy at 52 than you got at 25. Naples is stocked with MILFs 35-50, divorced. Hubby stayed up North, they live down here on his alimony, and I'm banging all of them.

    Maybe if you lose 100 pounds you wouldn't have to pay for a handjob in Vegas like you do now, some rancid barfly in memphis might actually touch your dick.

    Zombo

    Z... simply put... you are the best... the master of the "take down".

    @tour2ma said:

    Z... simply put... you are the best... the master of the "take down".

    lol..yeah "take down". Did you see how Ghoolie shoved him aside like you shove aside that angry little kid that is slapping you on the hip?

  • I agree, as a fan of Cleveland you root for the team that resides in Cleveland...the browns, the Indians, the Lake Erie Monsters, whomever.

    However the reasoning Ghoolie makes is valid.

    If the franchise never technically moved as argued by the Gip, then the new browns would have never been given the "expansion team" label and received the benefits that go with being an expansion team.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Z... simply put... you are the best... the master of the "take down".

    lol..yeah "take down". Did you see how Ghoolie shoved him aside like you shove aside that angry little kid that is slapping you on the hip?

    @stinkhole said:

    Did you see how Ghoolie shoved him aside like you shove aside that angry little kid that is slapping you on the hip?

    How would I do that?

  • @ghoolie said:

    I root for Cleveland too. But you know, it's okay for me to blast us, I just don't want to hear anyone else blast us.

    So here is the deal about the Vegas Raiders.

    I genuinely love Vegas. For a lot of reasons. I have consulting contracts with some of the casinos for taking care of water that is home to some precious mammals. Being an environmental scientist, the vast chemistry and geological wonders of the desert are food for that part of my brain. I have a lot of music opportunities there. In addition, the wife and I have VIP status and Caesars and MGM properties. We have been blessed to hit a truly unbelievable amount of hand pay jackpots there....if I showed you you would be amazed, I still am. My only explanation is that my wife is extremely generous and giving to others, and she rescued me.....I think there is truth to God blessing a cheerful giver....seriously...you would never believe the good fortune we have had there.

    I am also involved in water issues and technology, so it is a natural for me.

    Having the Vegas Raiders only fortifies the cool factor of Vegas. WIll it be my new team? C mon, man, you guys know better. Who is going to put up with all this pain and bullshit and then walk away. But.............. hey............. THIS is the place to air it out.

    You're right, no one believes your fairytales. Yet so insecure you are, you continue wasting board space droning on and on about these fantasies in your limited brain...

  • I agree, as a fan of Cleveland you root for the team that resides in Cleveland...the browns, the Indians, the Lake Erie Monsters, whomever.

    However the reasoning Ghoolie makes is valid.

    If the franchise never technically moved as argued by the Gip, then the new browns would have never been given the "expansion team" label and received the benefits that go with being an expansion team.

    @stinkhole said:

    I agree, as a fan of Cleveland you root for the team that resides in Cleveland...the browns, the Indians, the Lake Erie Monsters, whomever.

    However the reasoning Ghoolie makes is valid.

    If the franchise never technically moved as argued by the Gip, then the new browns would have never been given the "expansion team" label and received the benefits that go with being an expansion team.

    They never WERE given the "expansion franchise" label....not by anyone affiliated with the situation (i.e. the league and the team) They underwent an expansion like player draft process in order to replenish the player roster. I was there at that draft...held at the Civic Center in Canton...and it was never referred to as an expansion draft, other than by media types and fans. It was simply called a "player draft".

    What other process would you have suggest the league/team undertake to replenish the roster? They did that "player draft", and they gave the team the #1 pick in the regular draft plus like double the number of picks of other teams.

    The problem was not the process so much (though, yes, they did vastly limit the number of existing players the Browns could choose from compared to what was available to the Jags and Panthers)....the problem, as has been the case since the days when even Bill Belichick was drafting for this team is that they just made poor choices.

    (Tell me if you think that taking Tommy Vardell and Craig Powell doesn't seem like 21st Century Browns picks)

  • @tour2ma said:

    Z... simply put... you are the best... the master of the "take down".

    lol..yeah "take down". Did you see how Ghoolie shoved him aside like you shove aside that angry little kid that is slapping you on the hip?

    @stinkhole said:

    lol..yeah "take down". Did you see how Ghoolie shoved him aside like you shove aside that angry little kid that is slapping you on the hip?

    Nope, gotta say I missed that ...

    Point it out next time.

    I saw a lame response post not worth a comeback and then a backtrack on being a Cleveland fan.

    But ... whatever. He's a fag for rooting for the Raiders and you're a fag for being a Steeler fan on a Browns Board in March.

    Zombo

  • @stinkhole said:

    I agree, as a fan of Cleveland you root for the team that resides in Cleveland...the browns, the Indians, the Lake Erie Monsters, whomever.

    However the reasoning Ghoolie makes is valid.

    If the franchise never technically moved as argued by the Gip, then the new browns would have never been given the "expansion team" label and received the benefits that go with being an expansion team.

    They never WERE given the "expansion franchise" label....not by anyone affiliated with the situation (i.e. the league and the team) They underwent an expansion like player draft process in order to replenish the player roster. I was there at that draft...held at the Civic Center in Canton...and it was never referred to as an expansion draft, other than by media types and fans. It was simply called a "player draft".

    What other process would you have suggest the league/team undertake to replenish the roster? They did that "player draft", and they gave the team the #1 pick in the regular draft plus like double the number of picks of other teams.

    The problem was not the process so much (though, yes, they did vastly limit the number of existing players the Browns could choose from compared to what was available to the Jags and Panthers)....the problem, as has been the case since the days when even Bill Belichick was drafting for this team is that they just made poor choices.

    (Tell me if you think that taking Tommy Vardell and Craig Powell doesn't seem like 21st Century Browns picks)

    @the-gipper said:

    They never WERE given the "expansion franchise" label....not by anyone affiliated with the situation (i.e. the league and the team) They underwent an expansion like player draft process in order to replenish the player roster. I was there at that draft...held at the Civic Center in Canton...and it was never referred to as an expansion draft, other than by media types and fans. It was simply called a "player draft".

    What other process would you have suggest the league/team undertake to replenish the roster? They did that "player draft", and they gave the team the #1 pick in the regular draft plus like double the number of picks of other teams.

    The problem was not the process so much (though, yes, they did vastly limit the number of existing players the Browns could choose from compared to what was available to the Jags and Panthers)....the problem, as has been the case since the days when even Bill Belichick was drafting for this team is that they just made poor choices.

    (Tell me if you think that taking Tommy Vardell and Craig Powell doesn't seem like 21st Century Browns picks)

    Touchdown Tommy and dumbass Powell... Horrible. Sadly thanks to nearly two decades of systemic cheating at every level people forget how utterly clueless Bill Belicheat is when he can't cheat.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Oakland? Look who's talking. What, don't you like Baltimore?

    Listen, Dickfuck, I don't know where you are going with this Baltimore thing, and frankly, I don't give a shit.

    Here are the Professional sports teams I root for: The Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Cleveland Indians.

    Do you notice some sort of trend there?

    I root for Cleveland, Ohio.

    Baltimore can blow me. Oakland can lick my balls. And Vegas can eat my ass.

    The Vegas Raiders are not the Oakland Raiders.

    No, they're not. They are a much gayer version. Oakland is a tough city, Vegas has no soul. It's a place for soulless fucks to run to when they can't hang anymore. You should buy a condo there.

    Best Climate in the USA..

    Really? So you've never been to Hawaii? San Diego? Key West? Frying your fat ass in the desert in 115 temps is what works for you? Good ... that's your choice. Embrace it. Make it your own. Live in Vegas. Root for Vegas. I'm gonna live on the Beach and root for Cleveland. And sleep like a baby because I never gave up.

    Florida? LMAO. Zomblow dates a lot of hot women in Naples. He takes them home and pulls on their tits until the wrinkles come out.

    I get more pussy at 52 than you got at 25. Naples is stocked with MILFs 35-50, divorced. Hubby stayed up North, they live down here on his alimony, and I'm banging all of them.

    Maybe if you lose 100 pounds you wouldn't have to pay for a handjob in Vegas like you do now, some rancid barfly in memphis might actually touch your dick.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Listen, Dickfuck, I don't know where you are going with this Baltimore thing, and frankly, I don't give a shit.

    Here are the Professional sports teams I root for: The Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Cleveland Indians.

    Do you notice some sort of trend there?

    I root for Cleveland, Ohio.

    Baltimore can blow me. Oakland can lick my balls. And Vegas can eat my ass.

    No, they're not. They are a much gayer version. Oakland is a tough city, Vegas has no soul. It's a place for soulless fucks to run to when they can't hang anymore. You should buy a condo there.

    Really? So you've never been to Hawaii? San Diego? Key West? Frying your fat ass in the desert in 115 temps is what works for you? Good ... that's your choice. Embrace it. Make it your own. Live in Vegas. Root for Vegas. I'm gonna live on the Beach and root for Cleveland. And sleep like a baby because I never gave up.

    I get more pussy at 52 than you got at 25. Naples is stocked with MILFs 35-50, divorced. Hubby stayed up North, they live down here on his alimony, and I'm banging all of them.

    Maybe if you lose 100 pounds you wouldn't have to pay for a handjob in Vegas like you do now, some rancid barfly in memphis might actually touch your dick.

    Zombo

    Epic stuff! As easy as it looked for Zombo, this is the funniest beat down I've ever seen...

  • @ghoolie said:

    Nobody here, other than in their own circle jerk, wherein only they can offer opinions, has "taken me down.

    Zomblow himself worships at the altar of Ghoolie. After a self-imposed ban, he reached out on FB and asked me to come back. BECAUSE.............. the board was dead without me.

    Now, for those of you like Tour (Dumb Fucking 2ma whatever screen name) like to lick raspberry preserves out of Zomblows ass crack, REMEMBER........... it was ZOMBLOW who called you fucktards boring. It was ZOMBLOW who admitted to me that without me, you guys were not capable of keeping the board moving.

    Now, for all my insults, what you should REALLY be pissed at, is that I was more than happy to stay off the board, and for a couple weeks, I left it alone. SO why am I here? YES YES YES...........it is because the ass crack you are publicly sucking thought you guys all suck. You want to be mad? LMAO, you bitches need to redirect your arrows because they ain't reaching me.

    Brushed Zomblow aside? Stinkhole, Whatta ya think? I brushed him aside like Joe Thomas pancaking a pussy LB.

    BUT BUT BUT................. wait, it gets better. After coming back, I got ol Raspberry ass crack pissed off, and he first locked me down like I was King Kong, then threatened to ban me again FOR LIFE, and after I told him I was his master and he couldn't even ban sweat on my balls, he banned my account for life.

    Oooooooh.......ZOMBLOWS LIFETIME BLOCK #3,487 of Ghoolie.................... YES YES YES......That bastard Ghoolie.................... Banned for life............

    Then, along comes the boss, the whacks the "mighty" Zomblow on the peepee with a terrible towel and in the time it takes to fart..............the Great Ghoolie....who in a TBB poll was rated by 82% of the posters, as the best TBB member, is back as always.

    So....ah.....yeah..............I slapped him aside..............

    Telling me " I root for Cleveland" wow...........that was really potent, dontcha think?

    I am the King. Let all bow and call me King.

    Aww ... Someone has a crush on me.

    Let me help you out a little bit, though: You're coming on a little strong for me.

    First it was the cute little nickname, then you penned a song for me ... now you are making up grandiose stories to share with your friends about me.

    I gotta say ... It's coming off a little clingy.

    If you really want to woo me, tone it down a bit, regroup ... catch that flick "He's not that into you", and then maybe play a little hard to get ...

    I'm not promising you anything, but this obsessive, hit-me-over-the-head-with-your-ball-of-emotions thing isn't working for me. I'm seeing a little bit of this:

    overlyattachedgirlfriend-640x479.jpg?20e

  • personally, I think the Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas.....true life match made in "somewhere".....

    anyhow....pretty much a soulless relocated team matched up with a soulless city full of relocated soulless losers...

    Might as well seal the deal and hire strippers for cheer leaders and Hulk Hogan for coach.....THAT would be awesome/

  • personally, I think the Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas.....true life match made in "somewhere".....

    anyhow....pretty much a soulless relocated team matched up with a soulless city full of relocated soulless losers...

    Might as well seal the deal and hire strippers for cheer leaders and Hulk Hogan for coach.....THAT would be awesome/

    @mudfly said:

    personally, I think the Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas.....true life match made in "somewhere".....

    anyhow....pretty much a soulless relocated team matched up with a soulless city full of relocated soulless losers...

    Might as well seal the deal and hire strippers for cheer leaders and Hulk Hogan for coach.....THAT would be awesome/

    Oh the XFL returns to Lost Wages, NV. 😆

  • @ghoolie said:

    . Look at Zomblow, post something he doesn't like, he pulls the post.

    What is to love about the Browns?

    Not true, I have never pulled a Browns fans post because I didn't "like it". It would have to be racist, complaining about moderation, or a personal threat of a familiar nature (I know where you live ... I know your wife, etc.) for me to delete a Browns fan's post.

    We have three classifications of posters here, with three sets of rules, Browns Fans, Steeler Trolls, and Ass Fucks.

    Browns Fans: This is 98% of the posters on here. Can pretty much say anything with the exception to the above. Sometimes posts are moved or merged to keep the flow going, but in the history of the Browns Board, since 2003, not one Browns fan has had his post deleted because somebody didn't like his opinion.

    Steeler Trolls: This covers all fans of other teams that visit our home, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, etc. This is our home, and they need to be respectful of it. We keep them around at times for added flavor. Some learn the ropes and become regulars ... but they are never Browns fans. Mods can delete them or suspend them for any reason ... they have no rights.

    Ass Fucks: This is you. Ass Fucks are here solely to troll Browns fans. They have a personal agenda, not tied to the team. They hate on everything and stand for nothing. While they can be interesting and entertaining at times, they require moderation to keep them from overtaking the board and scaring off Browns fans that would like to come here and talk Browns football. We limit Ass Fucks to a couple threads a week, and we often have to take action when they shit on the thread of a Browns fan that is not warranted. They are basically overgrown children that, left to their own devices, would bully everyone, shit all over everything and make the board unreadable. This is the only group that requires constant moderation. You are the only Ass Fuck.

    Well, there is actually one group below the Ass Fucks, that is spammers. We mark them as spammers and they are deleted immediately never to be seen again.

    So the Board runs pretty good this way, always has, nothing has changed, it's not any softer, but the losing had had its toll at times. We got through the worst season in Browns history and we are going to butt heads all off season like we always do, I hope there are a lot of entertaining scrapes along the way. It promises to be our most lively draft and free agency discussion since 99. Gonna be fun.

    What's to love about the Browns? The fans. We're a Band of Brothers. Must suck to be on the outside. Explains the bitterness, I guess.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Not true, I have never pulled a Browns fans post because I didn't "like it". It would have to be racist, complaining about moderation, or a personal threat of a familiar nature (I know where you live ... I know your wife, etc.) for me to delete a Browns fan's post.

    We have three classifications of posters here, with three sets of rules, Browns Fans, Steeler Trolls, and Ass Fucks.

    Browns Fans: This is 98% of the posters on here. Can pretty much say anything with the exception to the above. Sometimes posts are moved or merged to keep the flow going, but in the history of the Browns Board, since 2003, not one Browns fan has had his post deleted because somebody didn't like his opinion.

    Steeler Trolls: This covers all fans of other teams that visit our home, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, etc. This is our home, and they need to be respectful of it. We keep them around at times for added flavor. Some learn the ropes and become regulars ... but they are never Browns fans. Mods can delete them or suspend them for any reason ... they have no rights.

    Ass Fucks: This is you. Ass Fucks are here solely to troll Browns fans. They have a personal agenda, not tied to the team. They hate on everything and stand for nothing. While they can be interesting and entertaining at times, they require moderation to keep them from overtaking the board and scaring off Browns fans that would like to come here and talk Browns football. We limit Ass Fucks to a couple threads a week, and we often have to take action when they shit on the thread of a Browns fan that is not warranted. They are basically overgrown children that, left to their own devices, would bully everyone, shit all over everything and make the board unreadable. This is the only group that requires constant moderation. You are the only Ass Fuck.

    Well, there is actually one group below the Ass Fucks, that is spammers. We mark them as spammers and they are deleted immediately never to be seen again.

    So the Board runs pretty good this way, always has, nothing has changed, it's not any softer, but the losing had had its toll at times. We got through the worst season in Browns history and we are going to butt heads all off season like we always do, I hope there are a lot of entertaining scrapes along the way. It promises to be our most lively draft and free agency discussion since 99. Gonna be fun.

    What's to love about the Browns? The fans. We're a Band of Brothers. Must suck to be on the outside. Explains the bitterness, I guess.

    Zombo

    LMFAO! Can you say ass kicky-kicksies?

    You just knew when Ghoolie was announcing he was quitting on this team again - it was going to get outrageous. I was not disappointed. Thanks for the 2 classic beat downs Zombo.