Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation
-
@boo-radley said:
Youre paranoid.
How has Beiichick screwed the Browns so far? He gave Collins to Cleveland.
You are a BB scrotum licker. I am not saying that he has screwed the Browns...yet. (or maybe he has....others may know). But in this case, anything above #52 in trade for JG is an attempted rape....in my opinion.
-
A....she quotes Mike Lombardi. Never believe a fucking thing that comes out of that fucker's mouth. I would hope by now Browns fans would realize he's a shill for Bill, and pretty much hates the Browns.
B. If they do go after him....as far as I am concerned the highest we should pay is our 2d 2d round pick, #52...and maybe something below that. NYET on giving up #1, #12, #33. If you don't want to go QB in those draft slots...then, yes, you must draft defense.
Me and Gip see eye to on ^^^ THIS. If we don't take Trubisky #1- and it's looking right now that's what we're going to have to do if we want him. Go defense with the first three picks. I sincerely hope Shanahan loves Garrapolo so much, he'll be the dumb one- not us.
Well so much for not speculating anymore-Welcome back to the fray Gip.

Not like we haven't already beaten this horse to death already Gip & Hoorta ||||||||| other side of the Fence- Zombo.
giving up a 12 for him would be really, really dumb.
won't happen. The player is fine, but a high first rounder?
no freaking way, unless a team that is nearly a playoff team does the deal
because all they need is a qb. Now, at 33, I could go with that. But the bidding
war will surely make it a dumb move.
All it takes is two teams to start a bidding war. First round pick for Jimmy? Nope.
All it takes is two teams to start a bidding war. First round pick for Jimmy? Nope.
Pends on the value Pats gain & player that Bill wants to slide to in draft. Guess who drafts at #13?..Zona (noway JG wins there)& Palmer is packing. Think the Broncos #20 & Texans#25 a QB away? Bill's lab awaits after SB. He's the best dangler out there, but also says who they'll dangle.
-
@boo-radley said:
If Lombardi hates the Browns its because they wouldn't let him draft and then fired him.
Idjit.....you don't know your history. Lombardi was in charge of a couple of disaster Brown's drafts in the 90s. He took the immortal Craig Powell. Plus, I believe that the Mingo draft was his baby. Going from memory here. Others may have specific data.
-
@boo-radley said:
Well, I dont know the first thing about ass rape so I will leave that to the experts like you.
52 is not going to get it.
Its not rape...it is you sticking your nose up there, Brown nose.
And if 52 won't get it, then I don't want it.
-
@boo-radley said:
NE dratted Garoplo at # 62 and spent 3 years developing him and you would like to trade the # 52 pick straight up?
Bend over Bill, Thomas is driving for a spell.
Different position, but Collins was drafted at #52, developed for 3.5 years and we got him for a #96+.
It matters not what the Pats want if they are not keeping Jimmy G. And I do not think they are. So they will take what they can get for him.
So if it happens that two or more teams want to get in a bidding war for him, then more power to the Pats. I just hope we are not stupid enough to get involved in that war.
-
@boo-radley said:
NE dratted Garoplo at # 62 and spent 3 years developing him and you would like to trade the # 52 pick straight up?
Yes. That is all I would be willing to give up for him. I didn't stutter.
-
@boo-radley said:
More accusations with no proof?
It is as clear as the brown nose on your face. No additional proof necessary.
-
@boo-radley said:
NE dratted Garoplo at # 62 and spent 3 years developing him and you would like to trade the # 52 pick straight up?
Bend over Bill, Thomas is driving for a spell.
Different position, but Collins was drafted at #52, developed for 3.5 years and we got him for a #96+.
It matters not what the Pats want if they are not keeping Jimmy G. And I do not think they are. So they will take what they can get for him.
So if it happens that two or more teams want to get in a bidding war for him, then more power to the Pats. I just hope we are not stupid enough to get involved in that war.
Different position, but Collins was drafted at #52, developed for 3.5 years and we got him for a #96+.
It matters not what the Pats want if they are not keeping Jimmy G. And I do not think they are. So they will take what they can get for him.
So if it happens that two or more teams want to get in a bidding war for him, then more power to the Pats. I just hope we are not stupid enough to get involved in that war.
Now you're talking.
-
@boo-radley said:
Maybe Pittsburgh will offer more.
Let them. Though I think that your more likely suitors would be the 49ers (rumor says Shanahan wants him), the Bears, and now perhaps the Cards.
And BR's claim that he may retire is all bombast. So, they probably won't be in the market.
Besides...why would you...as a Pats fan, want to give him up.
Do you see no future with him? If he is so mediocre as to have no future with the Pats, why should others overpay for him.
-
@boo-radley said:
Youve never seen me.
No need. Your admission of you with your nose up Belichick's butt is sufficiently descriptive.
-
@boo-radley said:
Thank you for running him out of Ohio.
Actually....in fact, he was not dismissed until after the Consent Decree was entered in "the move" case. So, technically, for a very brief time, he was the HC of the as yet unnamed Baltimore franchise.
It was Art Modell who did not want him being the HC of his team anymore. He thought he was a public relations liability. He hired the popular (in Baltimore) Ted Marchibroda instead.
So, thank Maryland, not us.
-
@boo-radley said:
Thank you for running him out of Ohio.
Actually....in fact, he was not dismissed until after the Consent Decree was entered in "the move" case. So, technically, for a very brief time, he was the HC of the as yet unnamed Baltimore franchise.
It was Art Modell who did not want him being the HC of his team anymore. He thought he was a public relations liability. He hired the popular (in Baltimore) Ted Marchibroda instead.
So, thank Maryland, not us.
Actually....in fact, he was not dismissed until after the Consent Decree was entered in "the move" case. So, technically, for a very brief time, he was the HC of the as yet unnamed Baltimore franchise.
It was Art Modell who did not want him being the HC of his team anymore. He thought he was a public relations liability. He hired the popular (in Baltimore) Ted Marchibroda instead.
So, thank Maryland, not us.
I believe Bill was touted as the "last coach I'll ever hire" at his introductory press conference. More lies from the former owner.
-
@boo-radley said:
Collins exceeded his draft position and QBs are the gold currency of the NFL.
OK... While both true, they are not to my points. Furthermore I fail to see how either part supports your take.
-
Butticheck aliented the media, the fans, the team, with
his arrogant, glib smart mouth.
He grew up, got counseling on how to be a human being coach,
and the rest is history. Which reminds me, our friends' daughter owes
me a rematch bet that the pats will lose.
I figure to get my ten bucks back. dammit.
-
All it takes is two teams to start a bidding war. First round pick for Jimmy? Nope.
Pends on the value Pats gain & player that Bill wants to slide to in draft. Guess who drafts at #13?..Zona (noway JG wins there)& Palmer is packing. Think the Broncos #20 & Texans#25 a QB away? Bill's lab awaits after SB. He's the best dangler out there, but also says who they'll dangle.
Pends on the value Pats gain & player that Bill wants to slide to in draft. Guess who drafts at #13?..Zona (noway JG wins there)& Palmer is packing. Think the Broncos #20 & Texans#25 a QB away? Bill's lab awaits after SB. He's the best dangler out there, but also says who they'll dangle.
If Bill can get a first round pick for Jmmy- more power to him.
@boo-radley said:
Well, I dont know the first thing about ass rape so I will leave that to the experts like you.
52 is not going to get it.
Really? Matt Cassel played an entire season, and Bill traded him to the Chiefs- along with Mike Vrabel for the #34. So somehow a guy who has two starts in the NFL is worth more than that? The #52 and a fifth rounder is plenty in my book.
@boo-radley said:
Collins exceeded his draft position and QBs are the gold currency of the NFL.
Glad you mentioned GOLD. Because IF Garropolo does pan out, he's gong to want plenty of it come 2018. And if he sucks, the team that trades for him will have wasted a high pick for a one year rent-a-player.
@boo-radley said:
Well, Collins could have been drafted in the 1st round the way he has played. The reason why the Browns got him so cheap is because he wanted a big contract and was beginning to create a distraction. Also, Collins wouldnt do as he was coached. Atty somehow thinks that Belichick is the boogey man is out to screw the Browns when they got a steal if Collins works out.
Collins was worth way more than 96, but Collins is not a QB. Now we are in a whole different market. Look at the money Sam Bradford got and we have seen his upside. Garopolo looked ready to replace Brady. No way Garapalo is given away like Collins.
Again- Bradford is an experienced starter, not a two game wonder. Went to a team with playoff aspirations. Need I mention it backfired on the Vikings? The only reason Bill will (probably) part with Jimmy is because he's got a bunch of UFAs that are either going to walk, or get paid. they've got around $9 million in cap space, and Hightower's new contract will eat up about all of that. & Bill is taking a hell of a risk Brady won't get hurt. It's not like Bill can hold other teams hostage over this. The likely landing spot is to a team that thinks they can win now- (um like the Vikings did), not a rebuilding team like the Browns. SMART teams know they can low ball the Patriots- because Garropolo will be a UFA 2018, that's when the real bidding would start. So from the Browns perspective, they can sure as hell wait the Patriots out- unless they're 100% convinced Jimmy is the real deal. If they're not- let someone else pay an inflated price.
-
Suppose we trade the #12 pick to Pats for JG. The way to look at this is, "How do you feel about the Browns drafting JG at 12?" That's essentially what we're doing. Instead of drafting a rookie QB at 12, we'd be using that pick to basically select a QB from another team. I don't know if I'd rather have one of the rookies over JG...I really don't. I definitely feel like time isn't on our side, and if we draft one of the top 3 rookies, do we really throw him in on day 1? I doubt it. I don't think it'd be because we're afraid of "ruining the young guy", rather I think we need WINS. What's the quickest way for us to win games? Maybe this vision is short-sighted. Maybe we trade for JG who does "pretty good" and helps us win 6 games, but that's his peak. I don't know. Perhaps we package a group of picks that DOESN'T involve any of first rounders, and trade for JG AND draft a young guy.
This is pretty crazy. I won't lie, Dabo Sweeny's statement about Browns passing up on Watson would be like passing on Michael Jordon definitely makes me think. On one hand, what does Sweeney know about NFL QB's? On the other, it would KILL our franchise if we screwed up this draft.
Mind...racing...
-
@boo-radley said:
Thank you for running him out of Ohio.
Actually....in fact, he was not dismissed until after the Consent Decree was entered in "the move" case. So, technically, for a very brief time, he was the HC of the as yet unnamed Baltimore franchise.
It was Art Modell who did not want him being the HC of his team anymore. He thought he was a public relations liability. He hired the popular (in Baltimore) Ted Marchibroda instead.
So, thank Maryland, not us.
Actually....in fact, he was not dismissed until after the Consent Decree was entered in "the move" case. So, technically, for a very brief time, he was the HC of the as yet unnamed Baltimore franchise.
It was Art Modell who did not want him being the HC of his team anymore. He thought he was a public relations liability. He hired the popular (in Baltimore) Ted Marchibroda instead.
So, thank Maryland, not us.
No, when Belichick 86ed Kosar the city came unglued.
What does one have to do with another? The Kosar thing came 3-4 years before the "move" thing. And yes, there was an uproar over it because BB blew up a promising season by dumping Bernie and putting Todd Philcox in charge. So, you make my point.
The Kosar thing caused a lot of bad public relations concerning BB. So those several years later, Modell....who obviously had his own bad public relations issue, said...I don't need BB making things worse here in Baltimore.
-
@ghoolie said:
Did you guys like the movie draft day?
The fictional dickhead head coach from Jacksonville who got ass fucked? Yeah, that's the Browns.
Yes, that is what BB is trying to do to the Browns FO (and maybe those of other teams). Our guys would be idiots for falling for it.
-
@boo-radley said:
Cassel had 2 teams after him Denver and KC. Vrabel had a year or two left in his career and was starting to fade in NE. When Cassel took over for Brady NE changed the offense to a more run oriented attack. NE was a top 5 running team with Cassel in 2008 after Brady throwing for 50 tds in 2007. Garropolo can make all the throws and ran the same offense as Brady. His arm looks strong and his passes were sometimes better than Bradys.
Garrpolo looked ready to start this season.
See...you really are sounding more and more like a Steeler fan. They all think that you can replace a Hall of Fame level coach or player with a guy just as good.
They thought that Mark Malone would be just as good as Terry Bradshaw.
The thought the guy running their defense now is just as good as Dick LeBeau.
My idea is this: The Pats should keep JG. After all, if TB goes down, JG will turn out to be just as good...in the minds of Pats fans like you.....guh, guh...guh.
Just like the draft which is a bigger gamble.
Garropolo has acclimated to the NFL level. How many college guys never make that transition? There is no break in period with Garrapalo.
Bradford stinks. His body of work is a train wreck of being over paid, not delivering and injured. Bradford fetched a 1st and a 4th. Garropolo is worth no less than a 1st round pick in a draft year slim on QBs. The market for trading him is this year. Belichick will also trade Garoppolo because he does not want a QB controversy played out in the media on a daily basis like we saw with Farve and Rodgers.You really think there would be a QB controversy as long as you have Brady? Oi!The Patriots have $63.2 million in cap space next year, third-most in the NFL behind the Broncos and Buccaneers, according to overthecap.com.Collins is already gone and Sheard has 1 foot out the door. -
Suppose we trade the #12 pick to Pats for JG. The way to look at this is, "How do you feel about the Browns drafting JG at 12?" That's essentially what we're doing. Instead of drafting a rookie QB at 12, we'd be using that pick to basically select a QB from another team. I don't know if I'd rather have one of the rookies over JG...I really don't. I definitely feel like time isn't on our side, and if we draft one of the top 3 rookies, do we really throw him in on day 1? I doubt it. I don't think it'd be because we're afraid of "ruining the young guy", rather I think we need WINS. What's the quickest way for us to win games? Maybe this vision is short-sighted. Maybe we trade for JG who does "pretty good" and helps us win 6 games, but that's his peak. I don't know. Perhaps we package a group of picks that DOESN'T involve any of first rounders, and trade for JG AND draft a young guy.
This is pretty crazy. I won't lie, Dabo Sweeny's statement about Browns passing up on Watson would be like passing on Michael Jordon definitely makes me think. On one hand, what does Sweeney know about NFL QB's? On the other, it would KILL our franchise if we screwed up this draft.
Mind...racing...
Suppose we trade the #12 pick to Pats for JG. The way to look at this is, "How do you feel about the Browns drafting JG at 12?" That's essentially what we're doing. Instead of drafting a rookie QB at 12, we'd be using that pick to basically select a QB from another team. I don't know if I'd rather have one of the rookies over JG...I really don't. I definitely feel like time isn't on our side, and if we draft one of the top 3 rookies, do we really throw him in on day 1? I doubt it. I don't think it'd be because we're afraid of "ruining the young guy", rather I think we need WINS. What's the quickest way for us to win games? Maybe this vision is short-sighted. Maybe we trade for JG who does "pretty good" and helps us win 6 games, but that's his peak. I don't know. Perhaps we package a group of picks that DOESN'T involve any of first rounders, and trade for JG AND draft a young guy.
This is pretty crazy. I won't lie, Dabo Sweeny's statement about Browns passing up on Watson would be like passing on Michael Jordon definitely makes me think. On one hand, what does Sweeney know about NFL QB's? On the other, it would KILL our franchise if we screwed up this draft.
Mind...racing...
If Dabo Sweeney thinks that he knows so much about how to run an NFL team, maybe he should quit his Clemson gig after next year and apply for a HC job in the NFL. I think he would get eaten up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login