Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation
-
It's all over twitter take a look
-
I thought Romo was a cinch for Houston.
My hopes are officially up... Rappaport be damned.
-
Rumours his IG account has been hacked now haha
-
What's the harm in another late night scotch?
-
Go for it man!
-
Confirmed hoax, delete if you want to Mods
-
@boo-fagley said:
Future draft picks in a trade are discounted down 1 draft slot.
You guys told me that one. Thanks!
There Is no rational basis for this belief, which is one more reason why Browns punked Houston in this trade. Houston imagines they gave up the equivalent of a third round pick in 2017, but this is self-delusion. All things being equal, a second round pick is a second round pick whether it's slated to become a player now or later. In fact, for a young front office like Cleveland, the chances of turning a 2018 second round pick into a good player are slightly higher than turning a 2017 pick into one because they will have one more year of experience in player evaluation and one more year of refining their processes.
-
It's three thirty in the morning where I am. Laying in bed doing draft research... If I'm being fucked with here, I'm blaming the hour for my gullibility.
It's three thirty in the morning where I am. Laying in bed doing draft research... If I'm being fucked with here, I'm blaming the hour for my gullibility.
lmao... well, someone has to man the graveyard shift...
Damn, but yesterday was fun with a capital F-U-N...
-
Interesting... Bill loves those 2nd rounders...
And our OL must be looking better to Jimmy to boot.
Makes me wonder, if we are negotiating a long-term deal with Jimmy through the Pats behind the scenes. Taking a flyer on Collins with a R3/4 cusp pick is a helluva lot easier than laying out two or three R1/2 picks on a last contract-year player.
All I can say Tour- if we trade for this guy- it had better work. By now you know I'm dead set against it.
With all the dominoes that have just fallen- if we're interested in the New England Wunderkid, the Browns will set the market price- as me and Gip have said all along- starting with #52. There is zero pressure on the Browns to sell the ranch for a qb that's thrown 94 passes. LOL I trade 'em Oswieler and the rights to Josh Gordon and give up zero picks- sounds fair to me.

Let's take a look at what's transpired.
49ers- signed Hoyer, and want Cousins.
Bears signed Glennon.
Jets- May well roll with Hackenberg to see what they've got. + If Bill thinks Jimmy is a franchise qb, would he be dumb enough to trade him in the division?
Bills- renegotiated Taylor
So as it stands, if the Patriots are selling Garropolo, they have one potential buyer- who may or may not be interested. Probably less interested than the media who's trying to sell Jimmy to the Browns "because they have all those picks".
@boo-fagley said:
Too bad a 2018 2nd round pick is actually a 3rd.
lol... I caught the "dig".... well done.
All I can say Tour- if we trade for this guy- it had better work. By now you know I'm dead set against it.
Let's take a look at what's transpired. Jets- May well roll with Hackenberg to see what they've got.
As am I at the Pats' price. Just trying to think how a deal might work, and at the Pats' price a new contract would have to be in place.
As for the Jets... if they are onto Hackenberg, I'd sure take a shot at Petty. And if Cutler ends up with NYJ, and there certainly is a bit of chatter about that, then Petty should be even more available.
There Is no rational basis for this belief...
It's a net present value, accounting thing... and it's real.
-
It's obvious to me we're stacking a historical amount of draft picks in order to make a play for a QB. I don't think many people would disagree with that. I definitely believe Garoppolo is the #1 guy we want, but I also think we know that might not happen. I've read reports stating the Patriots won't give up Garoppolo for anything less than the #1 overall pick, and I don't know about YOU guys, but I think that's complete crap. We can't make that trade, and I think we know that as well. Will the Patriots accept a deal that involves a boat load of second round picks? Honestly....no...no they won't. Want to know WHY? Because there's a good chance they have Tom Brady's replacement, AND there's no guarantee Tom will be healthy. It just takes one awkward hit on the knee, or one wrong fall on a shoulder, and boom. I've read the Patriots actually like Brisset, but he's also not ready yet. If they Pats traded JG, they'd be up the creek without a paddle if Tommy got hurt, and when was the last time the Patriots were EVER in that situation?
If we can't make the deal for JG (I'm calling it now...there's no way it happens), then we have extra assets for next year. If we can't get JG, then don't be surprised if we move back in the first round this year and acquire an extra first round draft pick NEXT year. We'll want as much ammunition next year so we can essentially move up and grab whoever we want, OR we can trade a bunch of picks for a veteran starter.
-
Well, that post is down now.
-
I saw Jimmy G with a real estate agent in Strongsville...
-
Ian Rapoport says there have been no trade talks with the Cleveland Browns
Houston maybe?
Ian Rapoport says there have been no trade talks with the Cleveland Browns
Houston maybe?
Assuming that JG was on the market...who would be the teams in the fray? Two you mention: Browns, DATs. What about SF if the Skins are going to be recalcitrant on Cousins? What about the Broncos?
Chicago out of the mix it seems. (And why in the world...really...is Garropolo seen as being better than Mike Glennon? think about it)
Jets in theory...but never in practice between those two teams.
-
Ian Rapoport says there have been no trade talks with the Cleveland Browns
Houston maybe?
Assuming that JG was on the market...who would be the teams in the fray? Two you mention: Browns, DATs. What about SF if the Skins are going to be recalcitrant on Cousins? What about the Broncos?
Chicago out of the mix it seems. (And why in the world...really...is Garropolo seen as being better than Mike Glennon? think about it)
Jets in theory...but never in practice between those two teams.
Chicago out of the mix it seems. (And why in the world...really...is Garropolo seen as being better than Mike Glennon? think about it)
Jets in theory...but never in practice between those two teams.
Glennon has a 5-14 record as a starter. Garropolo has less time as a starter but he's looked better when he's played.
-
NBC radio in Providence says he's been traded to the Cleveland Browns...
NBC radio in Providence says he's been traded to the Cleveland Browns...
For a future 5th round pick and Brock Osweiler. Don't scare me with stuff like that.

-
It's three thirty in the morning where I am. Laying in bed doing draft research... If I'm being fucked with here, I'm blaming the hour for my gullibility.
lmao... well, someone has to man the graveyard shift...
Damn, but yesterday was fun with a capital F-U-N...
lmao... well, someone has to man the graveyard shift...
Damn, but yesterday was fun with a capital F-U-N...
Lol, it's why the Hoorta is the night watchman around here. Keeping the Board safe from midnight porn posts from POed Jets fans. Saw the fake rumour, and almost couldn't get to sleep.
-
Chicago out of the mix it seems. (And why in the world...really...is Garropolo seen as being better than Mike Glennon? think about it)
Jets in theory...but never in practice between those two teams.
Glennon has a 5-14 record as a starter. Garropolo has less time as a starter but he's looked better when he's played.
-
lol...
Aaron GoldhammerVerified account @HammerNation19
Grossi reporting that the Browns have not spoken to the Patriots at all this off-season about a Jimmy Garoppolo trade.
I think we now have every possibility covered...
-
lol...
Aaron GoldhammerVerified account @HammerNation19
Grossi reporting that the Browns have not spoken to the Patriots at all this off-season about a Jimmy Garoppolo trade.
I think we now have every possibility covered...
I think we now have every possibility covered...
But just in case...
Baskin & PhelpsVerified account @CLETalkingHeads
.@AllbrightNFL tells @CLETalkingHeads: "Browns feel they're 'out' on Jimmy Garoppolo". Battle will likely be between Kessler & drafted QB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login