Skip to content

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

Locked The Browns Board
665 52 23.5k
  • @boo-fagley said:

    Hes not Jesus.

    Our Owner with his GM selections our far from Jesus..That's not on who's players who's

    @gumby73 said:

    Our Owner with his GM selections our far from Jesus..That's not on who's players who's

    Jesus played for us last year, you know Clipboard Jesus, come on lets bring him back to lead us to the Promised Land.

  • Clipboard Jesus was saved. Ran out of pocket & his knee cap seemed to disconnect from his leg. The Lord works in mysterious way. Even Jesus hit the Injury Report 😮 Only in Believe Land Baby!!

  • @boo-fagley said:

    If the Browns quit getting rid of their good players they can be a playoff team. Departed Jordan Cameron and Gabriel is a nice start on offensive play makers. Add a couple of WRs and Crowell and thats a pretty good group of weapons.

    Garropolo needs some decent talent around him. Hes not Jesus.

    Regarding Cameron- we keep closer track Boo. he retired from the Dolphins this year after 43 catches and around 440 yards in two seasons. Multiple concussions. One lucky move letting a player walk. Quite a few guys on this forum wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel over one of their WR draft picks that wound up doing nada. Alex Mack wasn't staying regardless.

    LOL guy, regarding Jimmy not being Jesus- some of the media are pumping him up so high, you would think he is. To show you how much the crackhead CBS guy thinks Jimmy is worth, I'll just pull the #12, and #33 picks from the 2014 draft. Odell Beckham, and Xavier Sua-Filo. AND the Browns first round pick AND the Browns three rounders the following year. Patently ridiculous. Bill would probably trade Jimmy for Odell Beckam straight up without a second thought. The number of picks the Browns have in 2017 and 2018 will allow them to control the first two rounds. I can't see them sending a good number of picks to the Patriots, when they can actually build a TEAM if they hit on 1\2 of them.

  • I don't know of anyone besides Mud that wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel

  • I don't know of anyone besides Mud that wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel

    @wargograw said:

    I don't know of anyone besides Mud that wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel

    I'm not very vocal, but after the preseason he had leading up to his release, I felt as though he had earned a spot on the team. He was the only guy consistently making plays for the offence. Looked like he had taken a step forward.

    I wanted to cut Hawkins instead of Gabe.

    To be entirely fair, there are quite a few of you guys who make me feel like a complete moron on this board. I mean that in the most complimentary way... I learn a lot. As a result, two ears/one mouth for the majority of the time. It wouldn't surprise me if I didn't make myself more heard at the time of Gabriel's release.

  • As soon as Shanahan left, Gabriel's 17.3 yards per catch dropped to 8.6 yards per catch (28 rec for 241 yards) under Flip in 2015. And his TD reception volume of 1 dropped to 0. Even though Kyle had a reputation for being a brat that didn't always play well with others, the last FO was the one that rubbed him the wrong way enough to want out (ie; Farmer calling down to the sideline like the professional that he was allegedly). And when your QBing isn't experienced, accurate or reliable, a catch radius of Tom Thumb isn't going to be Gabriel's ideal situation.

    The good news for Gabriel is he got a chance to go back to the Offensive Coach he previously played his best football for here. Meatballs on spaghetti, included a Pro Bowl & MVP QB Matt Ryan as well as a WR like Julio Jones commanding all the attention and double teams to ease the matchups of teammates. My last memory of Taylor Gabriel was a bubble screen gone wrong in St Louis that had the Ethiopian distance runner build of Travis Benjamin on the apex of it to lead block against the physical secondary of the Rams. What could possibly go wrong with that Flip? That was like giving a box of matches to a pyromaniac and asking him to be careful. Gabriel ended up with a concussion and post traumatic stress syndrome so a coaching staff can make a difference. For example, when Flip was OC - Pryor wasn't even good enough to make the team in spite of looking like our best WR throughout training camp/preseason games. Having said that, they did bring back the unemployed WR that no other NFL teams wanted too late in the season for Flip to want to play the lad on game day right?

    As for WRs we cut prior to Gabriel:

    Lance Moore and Willie Snead both went to the passing game in New Orleans to contribute way better numbers than they would have ever had here.

  • I keep hearing how Gabe(or those other WR's) did so well with another "coach".....but would suck here.....

    Which makes me ask why our coach cant get good results with our players???....isnt he supposed to be an offensive guru?

    Look....if a player shows he can excel in the NFL, then he has what it takes........and if one coach can get peak production from him, while another cant...then it's not the player that needs to go......why cant people see that?

    Even our previous staffs could stir up a few wins, with a shit team.....but 1-15 isnt much of an argument for a coach getting the most from his team....

    Add to that talent evaluation.....just because you can coach, doesnt mean you know talent.....and I think Hue struggles greatly with this aspect and isnt really sure who to keep....who to cut....who to play.....and where....

  • I keep hearing how Gabe(or those other WR's) did so well with another "coach".....but would suck here.....

    Which makes me ask why our coach cant get good results with our players???....isnt he supposed to be an offensive guru?

    Look....if a player shows he can excel in the NFL, then he has what it takes........and if one coach can get peak production from him, while another cant...then it's not the player that needs to go......why cant people see that?

    Even our previous staffs could stir up a few wins, with a shit team.....but 1-15 isnt much of an argument for a coach getting the most from his team....

    Add to that talent evaluation.....just because you can coach, doesnt mean you know talent.....and I think Hue struggles greatly with this aspect and isnt really sure who to keep....who to cut....who to play.....and where....

    @mudfly said:

    I keep hearing how Gabe(or those other WR's) did so well with another "coach".....but would suck here.....

    Which makes me ask why our coach cant get good results with our players???....isnt he supposed to be an offensive guru? - Mud

    Is this a bad time to remind you Pettine's hand selected OC (Flip) only got 8.6 yards per catch and 0 TDs from Gabriel in his 28 receptions here in 2015? He didn't play for Cleveland in 2016; but it's nice to see you finally noticed his regression under Pettine prior to performing much better for his new HC in Atlanta. Just out of curiosity, why did Shanahan have such an urgency to leave Cleveland after only 1 season if things were going so perfect here?

    Should we all pretend that the current staff didn't just get 77 receptions for over 1000 yards receiving out of a 1st year starter at WR (Pryor)? The previous regime/coaching staff CUT his ass only to bring him back so late in the year they were terrified to start him. Just out of curiosity, what other NFL team did we have to compete with to sign the unemployed WR? None of the other 31 teams? Somebody got remarkable progress out of that in 2016...

    In spite of the absence of Mack and Schwartz, Crow was averaging about 6.4 yards per carry during the stretch of 2016 games we had both starting OGs playing. He finished at 4.8 yards per carry so somebody had to be doing something right...

    Did Joe Thomas stop making Pro Bowls?

    It looks like the offensive guys who were talented enough to play well - played well in the first year of a regime change. And yes, we know that you're not going to allow any rookie learning curves on your watch. - Flugel

    Look....if a player shows he can excel in the NFL, then he has what it takes........and if one coach can get peak production from him, while another cant...then it's not the player that needs to go...... - Mud

    Flip did go but you're the only one with the prolonged anger about it. When Hue was the OC in Cincy in 2015 they were 12-4. They went 6-9-1 the very next year without him. As for Flip, Oakland only won 3 games when he was their QB Coach. The first year Oakland replaced Flip, they won 7 games before they improved again 1 year later with 12 wins. I'm guessing they missed him about as much as Miley Cyrus misses her last case of crabs.

    I have to believe if some defensive linemen are better suited for a 4-3 alignment/scheme over a 3-4 - then I'm also under the impression that some WRs are better suited for Different offensive designs than others. For example, Hue likes taller targets on the perimeter so his most effective guy was Pryor. In Cincy, he loved lining up a 6-6 Tyler Eifert like a WR and got 13 TD receptions out of him in a lineup that also included a 6-4 AJ Green, a 6-2 Marvin Jones and a 6-2 Mohamed Sanu in the slot. He preferred the bigger targets, which also means there's a better place for Gabriel (especially when the QB was accurate enough to accommodate his little catch radius in tighter windows). - Flugel

  • just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

    Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

    But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

  • I don't know of anyone besides Mud that wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel

    @wargograw said:

    I don't know of anyone besides Mud that wanted the Browns to keep Gabriel

    +1

  • just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

    Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

    But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

    @mudfly said:

    just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

    Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

    But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

    That's the mantra, coach is the savior and then coach is the scapegoat.

    Kyle Shanahan wanted out if this tire fire and was trashed for sucking. Got Atlanta to the Super Bowl and is now a head coach in the NFL. Do I think he's Bill Walsh, no, but his departure speaks more to the lack of knowledge in the organization than his shortcomings as a coach.

  • @mudfly said:

    just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

    Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

    But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

    That's the mantra, coach is the savior and then coach is the scapegoat.

    Kyle Shanahan wanted out if this tire fire and was trashed for sucking. Got Atlanta to the Super Bowl and is now a head coach in the NFL. Do I think he's Bill Walsh, no, but his departure speaks more to the lack of knowledge in the organization than his shortcomings as a coach.

    @baconhound said:

    That's the mantra, coach is the savior and then coach is the scapegoat.

    Kyle Shanahan wanted out if this tire fire and was trashed for sucking. Got Atlanta to the Super Bowl and is now a head coach in the NFL. Do I think he's Bill Walsh, no, but his departure speaks more to the lack of knowledge in the organization than his shortcomings as a coach.

    Well he's not here so fuck him in the ass with a Pinecone.

    😉

    WSS

  • I wanted to keep Taylor G and can name a lot of other fans. Just because they are not on this board don't mean they don't exist.

  • just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

    Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

    But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

    @mudfly said:

    just like I said last week.....someone points out a deficiency with the current situation, your only answer is Pettine.....

    Has zero to do with today.....and just like Gabe had an off season with Pett, he also had a stellar rookie season with pett....I could go on and on about guys who did the same or better....but it has nothing to do with today, so it;'s not relevant...

    But "remind" away......(I never liked Flip, btw....just another inexperienced nobody coach coming thru the turnstyle)

    HA! If it's not relevant, why attack this staff for Gabriel's regression in 2015? Gabriel never played for this staff so who's getting their regimes wrong?

    If you're all bothered that Gabriel and his tiny little catch radius wasn't impressing his position coach Al Saunders from the lack of accuracy of the QBs here in training camp, your perfect regime could have drafted Derek Carr or Jimmy Garapollo in round 2. Let's just pretend there were zero land mines to overcome like you want to do.

    This staff got 77 receptions for over 1000 yards out of a first year starter at WR (Pryor). The last staff cut him only to bring him back so late they didn't have the balls to play him.

    Of course you're comparing this staff and regime to the previous one. It's all you've been doing whether your cognizant of it or not. If you'd rather stay angry about how much you hate Sashi and Hue - keep on keepin on...

  • I wanted to keep Taylor G and can name a lot of other fans. Just because they are not on this board don't mean they don't exist.

    @medicineman said:

    I wanted to keep Taylor G and can name a lot of other fans. Just because they are not on this board don't mean they don't exist.

    Rock solid evidence here.

  • *

  • Sorry haven't heard Garoppolo mentioned in a while

  • Why would you need evidence? And not to mention it don't matter what I wanted or you or any fan. They are going to do what they think is best, and as for getting rid of Taylor.........ya who looks like the dumbass for cutting him?

  • HA what? You really think keeping Bowe and not Taylor was a great move? You are as smart as Pisspuke fans

  • HA what? You really think keeping Bowe and not Taylor was a great move? You are as smart as Pisspuke fans

    @medicineman said:

    HA what? You really think keeping Bowe and not Taylor was a great move? You are as smart as Pisspuke fans

    Who on earth are you talking to? Are you the only one on this board that doesn't know this regime got rid of Dwayne Bowe before they got rid of Taylor Gabriel?

    Do you understand the difference between where Atlanta's passing game in 2016 was with an MVP accurate passer and Julio Jones freeing up every other receiver in their offense vrs where we were the last time Taylor Gabriel gave us his reception volume of 28 for only 241 yards at 8.6 yards per catch and zero TD receptions in 2015? He wasn't going in the right direction here no matter how much some of you need to Stephen King this thing. In his 2014 dream season here that he had 36 receptions - who was the WR they benched for the 5 games Josh Gordon returned for? Taylor Gabriel.

    I realize absence makes the heart grow fonder; but the sum of FO decisions in our personnel here only had Gabriel averaging half a TD per season during his 2 year tenure here. Do I really need to tell you the QBs we had on this roster weren't about to tap that tiny catch radius any better than the ones here in 2015 could? In his 7 career TD receptions over 3 years, 6 of them were for Atlanta in 2016.