Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation
-
@boo-radley said:
Maybe Pittsburgh will offer more.
Let them. Though I think that your more likely suitors would be the 49ers (rumor says Shanahan wants him), the Bears, and now perhaps the Cards.
And BR's claim that he may retire is all bombast. So, they probably won't be in the market.
Besides...why would you...as a Pats fan, want to give him up.
Do you see no future with him? If he is so mediocre as to have no future with the Pats, why should others overpay for him.
Let them. Though I think that your more likely suitors would be the 49ers (rumor says Shanahan wants him), the Bears, and now perhaps the Cards.
And BR's claim that he may retire is all bombast. So, they probably won't be in the market.
Besides...why would you...as a Pats fan, want to give him up.
Do you see no future with him? If he is so mediocre as to have no future with the Pats, why should others overpay for him.
Well......
A. That's very true.
B. We are going to overpay for somebody.
WSS
-
-
-
The Browns will get Garoppolo if they want him. Why?
- Chicago or SF are probably not willing to give up their 1st round pick for him.
- Cleveland made two trades with the Pats in 2016 and have established a relationship of trust. They got a 5th round pick for a prior regime's bust who has yet to make an impact with the Patriots and was nowhere to be seen in the Super Bowl last night, and they got a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker for a 3rd round compensatory pick (or a 4th round one if the Browns don't get one)
- If I'm Cleveland, I'm thinking I got the better end of those deals, and if I'm New England, I'm thinking I got the better end of that deal. Meaning, the Browns are fair trade partners.
- Browns have more draft capital to spend that is more valuable than the picks in equivalent rounds for either the Bears or 49ers.
I don't think it will take pick #12 to get him, but if the Browns really think he is the guy, they can pay that price and still have pick the best player in the draft.
-
I agree if they want him they will get him. I don't want to give up a first round pick to do so, but I'd be ok packaging say a second and a fourth. That still gives us plenty of room to address other holes on the roster - two firsts on DE, CB/S, a second on another S/CB, third on an OC, and we have a starting QB in the mix? OK then.
I'm not worried about the length of his contract - he has a year to go on the rookie deal and would most likely be franchised afterwards if he doesn't sign a big deal before then.
-
I agree if they want him they will get him. I don't want to give up a first round pick to do so, but I'd be ok packaging say a second and a fourth. That still gives us plenty of room to address other holes on the roster - two firsts on DE, CB/S, a second on another S/CB, third on an OC, and we have a starting QB in the mix? OK then.
I'm not worried about the length of his contract - he has a year to go on the rookie deal and would most likely be franchised afterwards if he doesn't sign a big deal before then.
I agree if they want him they will get him. I don't want to give up a first round pick to do so, but I'd be ok packaging say a second and a fourth. That still gives us plenty of room to address other holes on the roster - two firsts on DE, CB/S, a second on another S/CB, third on an OC, and we have a starting QB in the mix? OK then.
I'm not worried about the length of his contract - he has a year to go on the rookie deal and would most likely be franchised afterwards if he doesn't sign a big deal before then.
That makes two years with the Browns which should just about be the exact length of Hue Jackson's leash.
WSS
-
I agree if they want him they will get him. I don't want to give up a first round pick to do so, but I'd be ok packaging say a second and a fourth. That still gives us plenty of room to address other holes on the roster - two firsts on DE, CB/S, a second on another S/CB, third on an OC, and we have a starting QB in the mix? OK then.
I'm not worried about the length of his contract - he has a year to go on the rookie deal and would most likely be franchised afterwards if he doesn't sign a big deal before then.
That makes two years with the Browns which should just about be the exact length of Hue Jackson's leash.
WSS
That makes two years with the Browns which should just about be the exact length of Hue Jackson's leash.
WSS
Sad as it may be, that's probably the case. If, two years from now, we're no closer to winning (and I don't mean more 4-12 stuff) then yeah he's probably gone.
-
The Browns will get Garoppolo if they want him. Why?
- Chicago or SF are probably not willing to give up their 1st round pick for him.
- Cleveland made two trades with the Pats in 2016 and have established a relationship of trust. They got a 5th round pick for a prior regime's bust who has yet to make an impact with the Patriots and was nowhere to be seen in the Super Bowl last night, and they got a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker for a 3rd round compensatory pick (or a 4th round one if the Browns don't get one)
- If I'm Cleveland, I'm thinking I got the better end of those deals, and if I'm New England, I'm thinking I got the better end of that deal. Meaning, the Browns are fair trade partners.
- Browns have more draft capital to spend that is more valuable than the picks in equivalent rounds for either the Bears or 49ers.
I don't think it will take pick #12 to get him, but if the Browns really think he is the guy, they can pay that price and still have pick the best player in the draft.
The Browns will get Garoppolo if they want him. Why?
- Chicago or SF are probably not willing to give up their 1st round pick for him.
- Cleveland made two trades with the Pats in 2016 and have established a relationship of trust. They got a 5th round pick for a prior regime's bust who has yet to make an impact with the Patriots and was nowhere to be seen in the Super Bowl last night, and they got a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker for a 3rd round compensatory pick (or a 4th round one if the Browns don't get one)
- If I'm Cleveland, I'm thinking I got the better end of those deals, and if I'm New England, I'm thinking I got the better end of that deal. Meaning, the Browns are fair trade partners.
- Browns have more draft capital to spend that is more valuable than the picks in equivalent rounds for either the Bears or 49ers.
I don't think it will take pick #12 to get him, but if the Browns really think he is the guy, they can pay that price and still have pick the best player in the draft.
That's the big question to me. Will 49's or Bears REALLY give up their extremely high 1st round pick in order to complete a Garoppolo deal? A part of me says they might, but another part of my brain says that is SO ridiculous. I know Shanahan wanted JG pretty badly, and he's on record saying he wanted him or Carr (weird...that's who I wanted too). We're obviously not trading our first pick for a QB with a couple starts, so that's not even worth entertaining. How do I know that? I just do and my head won't let me even think about it one second longer.
Here's a thought: Instead of outright trading the #12 pick to New England for JG, can we maybe SWITCH with the Patriots? They get 12, and we get 32? The deal would need more than just that, but that could be a starting point, AND we'd technically still have two first rounders, even though one would be at the very end. We'll know soon enough. If either of those teams package their first pick, I think that immediately knocks us out. UNLESS we simply overwhelm the Pats with a bevy of picks to pump up the deal.
-
The Browns will get Garoppolo if they want him. Why?
- Chicago or SF are probably not willing to give up their 1st round pick for him.
- Cleveland made two trades with the Pats in 2016 and have established a relationship of trust. They got a 5th round pick for a prior regime's bust who has yet to make an impact with the Patriots and was nowhere to be seen in the Super Bowl last night, and they got a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker for a 3rd round compensatory pick (or a 4th round one if the Browns don't get one)
- If I'm Cleveland, I'm thinking I got the better end of those deals, and if I'm New England, I'm thinking I got the better end of that deal. Meaning, the Browns are fair trade partners.
- Browns have more draft capital to spend that is more valuable than the picks in equivalent rounds for either the Bears or 49ers.
I don't think it will take pick #12 to get him, but if the Browns really think he is the guy, they can pay that price and still have pick the best player in the draft.
That's the big question to me. Will 49's or Bears REALLY give up their extremely high 1st round pick in order to complete a Garoppolo deal? A part of me says they might, but another part of my brain says that is SO ridiculous. I know Shanahan wanted JG pretty badly, and he's on record saying he wanted him or Carr (weird...that's who I wanted too). We're obviously not trading our first pick for a QB with a couple starts, so that's not even worth entertaining. How do I know that? I just do and my head won't let me even think about it one second longer.
Here's a thought: Instead of outright trading the #12 pick to New England for JG, can we maybe SWITCH with the Patriots? They get 12, and we get 32? The deal would need more than just that, but that could be a starting point, AND we'd technically still have two first rounders, even though one would be at the very end. We'll know soon enough. If either of those teams package their first pick, I think that immediately knocks us out. UNLESS we simply overwhelm the Pats with a bevy of picks to pump up the deal.
Here's a thought: Instead of outright trading the #12 pick to New England for JG, can we maybe SWITCH with the Patriots? They get 12, and we get 32? The deal would need more than just that, but that could be a starting point, AND we'd technically still have two first rounders, even though one would be at the very end. We'll know soon enough. If either of those teams package their first pick, I think that immediately knocks us out. UNLESS we simply overwhelm the Pats with a bevy of picks to pump up the deal.
That idea was floated by Nathan Zigura on CBD last week, and I think it's a possibility. It's also possible the Browns trade the #12 pick for Garoppolo and a later round pick. Or #12 for Garoppolo and another player.
-
I'd be open to trading #12 for #32 and Jimmy G. If they have any other all-pro calibre guys sitting around they want to get rid of then I could be talked in to taking them too.
-
Sure. Later round picks sometimes turn into top-flight quarterbacks.
Hit that 20 dealer. There are four aces in the deck right?
Or I simply prefer my mirages to yours...

-
I'd be open to trading #12 for #32 and Jimmy G. If they have any other all-pro calibre guys sitting around they want to get rid of then I could be talked in to taking them too.
-
I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).
Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.
Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.
-
I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).
Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.
Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.
I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).
Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.
Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.
Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.
-
@boo-radley said:
I was referring to my lifetime.
TJ Ward was good. Haden is good. I liked Jordan Cameron.
The Browns always seem to have good WRs.
No one cares about your lifetime. When were you born, 1999? You are obviously young and dumb if you did not see some of these guys play.
-
@boo-radley said:
Look Atty
I am sure that nobody here wants to relive what happened 20 years ago.
YOU wanted to.
Therefore, I am not going to argue with you further on this topic.
That is the one smart thing you have said, as there is no arguing with me on something like this.
You can argue opinions, not facts.
Now,If you want to argue about how youre misinformed and wrong about Bradys suspension or stuff like that, fine, but no more semantics for me on this topic.
If I am wrong...then the NFL and Roger Goodell and the court that heard that case are wrong.
So, your argument is with them, not me.
-
@boo-fagley said:
There is a video that supports everything that I have stated but I will not play it because it is unfaltering to Browns fans.
What would Browns have to do with the Deflategate matter? Absolutely nothing.
But, you are right: Browns fans are "unfaltering".
(do you have a clue what that word means?)
-
@boo-fagley said:
The premise of my post was about players that could help the Browns win today or good players in recent seasons since the Browns were reactivated.
Team building players and role players. Must everything be explained in the nth degree to you?
The premise of every one of your posts actually: "look how ignorant I am".
-
I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).
Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.
Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.
Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.
Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.
It would be a good fit, in terms of staying in Texas. If he's not married to that idea, he could try Denver too. If you want a wild one, LA, to give Goff another year of sitting? Or the Jets, who always seem to think they're just on the cusp. With Marshall and Decker and the young big guy they have talented receivers.
-
Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.
It would be a good fit, in terms of staying in Texas. If he's not married to that idea, he could try Denver too. If you want a wild one, LA, to give Goff another year of sitting? Or the Jets, who always seem to think they're just on the cusp. With Marshall and Decker and the young big guy they have talented receivers.
It would be a good fit, in terms of staying in Texas. If he's not married to that idea, he could try Denver too. If you want a wild one, LA, to give Goff another year of sitting? Or the Jets, who always seem to think they're just on the cusp. With Marshall and Decker and the young big guy they have talented receivers.
Jets and Broncos would make sense. Not sure about LA, I think they tossed Fisher so they could bring someone in to get Goff going.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
