Skip to content

Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation

Locked The Browns Board
665 52 23.5k
  • @osiris said:

    The Browns will get Garoppolo if they want him. Why?

    - Chicago or SF are probably not willing to give up their 1st round pick for him.

    - Cleveland made two trades with the Pats in 2016 and have established a relationship of trust. They got a 5th round pick for a prior regime's bust who has yet to make an impact with the Patriots and was nowhere to be seen in the Super Bowl last night, and they got a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker for a 3rd round compensatory pick (or a 4th round one if the Browns don't get one)

    - If I'm Cleveland, I'm thinking I got the better end of those deals, and if I'm New England, I'm thinking I got the better end of that deal. Meaning, the Browns are fair trade partners.

    - Browns have more draft capital to spend that is more valuable than the picks in equivalent rounds for either the Bears or 49ers.

    I don't think it will take pick #12 to get him, but if the Browns really think he is the guy, they can pay that price and still have pick the best player in the draft.

    That's the big question to me. Will 49's or Bears REALLY give up their extremely high 1st round pick in order to complete a Garoppolo deal? A part of me says they might, but another part of my brain says that is SO ridiculous. I know Shanahan wanted JG pretty badly, and he's on record saying he wanted him or Carr (weird...that's who I wanted too). We're obviously not trading our first pick for a QB with a couple starts, so that's not even worth entertaining. How do I know that? I just do and my head won't let me even think about it one second longer.

    Here's a thought: Instead of outright trading the #12 pick to New England for JG, can we maybe SWITCH with the Patriots? They get 12, and we get 32? The deal would need more than just that, but that could be a starting point, AND we'd technically still have two first rounders, even though one would be at the very end. We'll know soon enough. If either of those teams package their first pick, I think that immediately knocks us out. UNLESS we simply overwhelm the Pats with a bevy of picks to pump up the deal.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Here's a thought: Instead of outright trading the #12 pick to New England for JG, can we maybe SWITCH with the Patriots? They get 12, and we get 32? The deal would need more than just that, but that could be a starting point, AND we'd technically still have two first rounders, even though one would be at the very end. We'll know soon enough. If either of those teams package their first pick, I think that immediately knocks us out. UNLESS we simply overwhelm the Pats with a bevy of picks to pump up the deal.

    That idea was floated by Nathan Zigura on CBD last week, and I think it's a possibility. It's also possible the Browns trade the #12 pick for Garoppolo and a later round pick. Or #12 for Garoppolo and another player.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #87

    I'd be open to trading #12 for #32 and Jimmy G. If they have any other all-pro calibre guys sitting around they want to get rid of then I could be talked in to taking them too.

  • @tour2ma said:

    B. Not if we grow our own... not immediately anyway. Hopefully eventually...

    Sure. Later round picks sometimes turn into top-flight quarterbacks.

    Hit that 20 dealer. There are four aces in the deck right?

    🙂

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @westside-steve said:

    Sure. Later round picks sometimes turn into top-flight quarterbacks.

    Hit that 20 dealer. There are four aces in the deck right?

    Or I simply prefer my mirages to yours... 😉

  • I'd be open to trading #12 for #32 and Jimmy G. If they have any other all-pro calibre guys sitting around they want to get rid of then I could be talked in to taking them too.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @gftchris said:

    I'd be open to trading #12 for #32 and Jimmy G. If they have any other all-pro calibre guys sitting around they want to get rid of then I could be talked in to taking them too.

    I think we'd have to give up a little more for that deal to work, like a day 2 or day 3 pick.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919
    #90

    I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).

    Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.

    Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.

  • I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).

    Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.

    Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).

    Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.

    Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.

    Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @boo-radley said:

    I was referring to my lifetime.

    TJ Ward was good. Haden is good. I liked Jordan Cameron.

    The Browns always seem to have good WRs.

    No one cares about your lifetime. When were you born, 1999? You are obviously young and dumb if you did not see some of these guys play.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @boo-radley said:

    Look Atty

    I am sure that nobody here wants to relive what happened 20 years ago.

    YOU wanted to.

    Therefore, I am not going to argue with you further on this topic.

    That is the one smart thing you have said, as there is no arguing with me on something like this.

    You can argue opinions, not facts.

    Now,If you want to argue about how youre misinformed and wrong about Bradys suspension or stuff like that, fine, but no more semantics for me on this topic.

    If I am wrong...then the NFL and Roger Goodell and the court that heard that case are wrong.

    So, your argument is with them, not me.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @boo-fagley said:

    There is a video that supports everything that I have stated but I will not play it because it is unfaltering to Browns fans.

    What would Browns have to do with the Deflategate matter? Absolutely nothing.

    But, you are right: Browns fans are "unfaltering".

    (do you have a clue what that word means?)

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unfaltering

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @boo-fagley said:

    The premise of my post was about players that could help the Browns win today or good players in recent seasons since the Browns were reactivated.

    Team building players and role players. Must everything be explained in the nth degree to you?

    The premise of every one of your posts actually: "look how ignorant I am".

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).

    Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.

    Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.

    Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @osiris said:

    Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.

    It would be a good fit, in terms of staying in Texas. If he's not married to that idea, he could try Denver too. If you want a wild one, LA, to give Goff another year of sitting? Or the Jets, who always seem to think they're just on the cusp. With Marshall and Decker and the young big guy they have talented receivers.

  • @osiris said:

    Romo's best fit is with Houston. They are an instant Super Bowl contender if he goes there, and he gets to stay in Texas. Seems like a match made in heaven. My hope is the other Garroppolo contenders find their answers in free agency, because I don't want any of those guys.

    It would be a good fit, in terms of staying in Texas. If he's not married to that idea, he could try Denver too. If you want a wild one, LA, to give Goff another year of sitting? Or the Jets, who always seem to think they're just on the cusp. With Marshall and Decker and the young big guy they have talented receivers.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @gftchris said:

    It would be a good fit, in terms of staying in Texas. If he's not married to that idea, he could try Denver too. If you want a wild one, LA, to give Goff another year of sitting? Or the Jets, who always seem to think they're just on the cusp. With Marshall and Decker and the young big guy they have talented receivers.

    Jets and Broncos would make sense. Not sure about LA, I think they tossed Fisher so they could bring someone in to get Goff going.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #98

    Romo? Stick a fork in him.

  • I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).

    Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.

    Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think it comes down to 49's and Bears and what they decide to do with their first pick. If either team somehow falls in absolute love with JG and offers up THAT high of a draft pick, I think that might knock us out. If they aren't willing to part with such a high commodity, I think we'll make the deal. JG is also from the Chicago area I think, but not sure that means too much. Here's something else to keep in mind...there are probably going to be a few interesting free agent or cut QB's available. We don't know for sure, but here's an estimate of QB's that probably will be with a new team: Tyrod Taylor, Collin Kaepernick, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo, and POSSIBLY Carson Palmer (I recently read that Palmer withdrew his children from school and put his house on the market...not sure what that means?). Let's take Palmer out of it, and focus on the first four. Those are the guys we can almost be sure will be playing for a new team. So who are the teams that will most likely be starting a new QB? Chicago, San Francisco, Cleveland, Houston, and Buffalo (there will probably be others, but those are just the five that pop into my head).

    Figuring out which player will go to which team is just guessing at this point, but that's what this part of the season is for! I don't LOVE Tyrod or Kaepernick, but I have to admit, both possess the athletic traits our coach apparently desires (which makes the Kessler selection so puzzling). Kaepernick had pretty good stats, better than you might think. He obviously didn't win many games, but he had 16 TD's to 4 INT's and a QB rating of 91. That's nothing to scoff at. Problem is, I don't love his accuracy or ability to read the field. He seems to rely a lot on "backyard football" skills, and he's also a magnificent douche bag. Tyrod Taylor is a solid selection, too. I'm guessing JG is our #1 choice (I have nothing to support that, just a total guess), but if the price is too high (which I think it WILL be), I'm thinking we're going to see Tyrod of Kaepernick in a Browns uniform.

    Edit: Tony Romo will most likely be out there too, but I don't see ANY way we go after him. I project him going to Houston or Chicago.

    Agree with Romo to HOU as a fit, but there's a big pile of O$weiller in the way. Denver seems likely to me and the Manning model is a selling point.

    Can't get on board with Kaep. Too similar to the RG3 road we strolled down in 2016.

    Palmer? He said the reports of schools and for sale signs were not true.

    Jimmy G? Agree the price will get to high for my taste, but again... there's the old, "If Hue and the FO really believe" proviso.

    Cutler? Just no, please Lord, no...

    Taylor? More intriguing prospect... showed promise and his similar game to RG makes the kind of sense that our existing, QB quartet never did.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    If Romo can't stay healthy behind "the best offensive line in football" why would anyone think he could produce somewhere else. Dallas' best bet would be to buy Tony a 1 way ticket to the glue factory.

  • If Romo can't stay healthy behind "the best offensive line in football" why would anyone think he could produce somewhere else. Dallas' best bet would be to buy Tony a 1 way ticket to the glue factory.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    If Romo can't stay healthy behind "the best offensive line in football" why would anyone think he could produce somewhere else. Dallas' best bet would be to buy Tony a 1 way ticket to the glue factory.

    Maybe he can find his way back between Jessica Simpson's thighs.

    9ed6444096467f24fb2a0296ab6fe71e.jpg

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    That lucky bastard

  • @hoorta said:

    All it takes is two teams to start a bidding war. First round pick for Jimmy? Nope.

    Pends on the value Pats gain & player that Bill wants to slide to in draft. Guess who drafts at #13?..Zona (noway JG wins there)& Palmer is packing. Think the Broncos #20 & Texans#25 a QB away? Bill's lab awaits after SB. He's the best dangler out there, but also says who they'll dangle.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Pends on the value Pats gain & player that Bill wants to slide to in draft. Guess who drafts at #13?..Zona (noway JG wins there)& Palmer is packing. Think the Broncos #20 & Texans#25 a QB away? Bill's lab awaits after SB. He's the best dangler out there, but also says who they'll dangle.

    it's hard to say if garappalo is even a decent qb outside of the pats....remember when matt cassell had to qb in place of brady and won 11 games...when he left, what did he do...i'd say not much...its the pats system...they make players look great because of their system....any team that takes garapalo would be taking a chance giving up a good draft pick for him...in the case of the browns, he's probably better than anyone we have now and i don't know who else is out there. but again, the pats are not stupid, they are going to want a good deal. the browns need so much, including a qb...its a difficult sitiation..

  • @roycerolls said:

    If Romo can't stay healthy behind "the best offensive line in football" why would anyone think he could produce somewhere else. Dallas' best bet would be to buy Tony a 1 way ticket to the glue factory.

    Maybe he can find his way back between Jessica Simpson's thighs.

    9ed6444096467f24fb2a0296ab6fe71e.jpg

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe he can find his way back between Jessica Simpson's thighs.

    9ed6444096467f24fb2a0296ab6fe71e.jpg

    yikes.....

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Wow. Just....wow.