Skip to content

GOAT

The Browns Board
77 19 2.5k
  • Will you two just give it a fucking rest already? Every thread ends up clogged with your endless back and forth. Some of us actually want to talk about football.

  • Will you two just give it a fucking rest already? Every thread ends up clogged with your endless back and forth. Some of us actually want to talk about football.

    @gftchris said:

    Will you two just give it a fucking rest already? Every thread ends up clogged with your endless back and forth. Some of us actually want to talk about football.

    Go ahead. Give your opinion. We all welcome it. Some on here however cannot stomach an alternate opinion. Not sure why a GOAT thread got involved with another deflategate topic. Something I know almost none of us care about.

  • Fuck this boo guy, piss off to a cheating pats forum with the rest of your arrogant shameless pos fans

  • At least no more arguing with Pats fans. Your right Brady is the Goat. No more arguing. Christ he was throwing laser beams in the fourth. Unreal. Dude was singing along with National Anthem so he moved up a couple pegs imho.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Brady-Michigan.jpg

    I think Woody is in love.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think Woody is in love.

    I could never cheat on Denard

  • @boo-radley said:

    Yup, the undisputed GOAT of leather helmets and jock straps.

    Call us when someone catches up.

    But, you bring up a good point. OG only did it in an 11 year career. He had accomplished so much that he retired. (He could actually get paid more doing something else in those days). Plus, he played in time when QBs didn't wear skirts...or were given a protective bubble the way they are now.

    So, not only was he better, won more....he was tougher.

    @the-gipper said:

    Call us when someone catches up.

    But, you bring up a good point. OG only did it in an 11 year career. He had accomplished so much that he retired. (He could actually get paid more doing something else in those days). Plus, he played in time when QBs didn't wear skirts...or were given a protective bubble the way they are now.

    So, not only was he better, won more....he was tougher.

    Yeah, I think they just started letting non white people play...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pop Quiz: What was "Boo's" given name?

    Arthur. I've got 3 copies of it including 40th and 50th anniversary. One of those great American novels.

    Next question. On whom did she base the character of Dill?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Arthur. I've got 3 copies of it including 40th and 50th anniversary. One of those great American novels.

    Next question. On whom did she base the character of Dill?

    Ding ding ding... we have a winner.

    I remember hearing about all the characters' roots back during the anniversary specials and pub of Harper Lee's original manuscript (IIRC), but not all the details.

    I do remember a couple specials at the time talking about her friendship with Truman Capote, which was documented in two different movies about his researching and writing In Cold Blood. Dill was prissy enough to be Capote, but the timing seems off since ... Blood came years later than To Kill...

    So I give...

    @gftchris said:

    Will you two just give it a fucking rest already? Every thread ends up clogged with your endless back and forth. Some of us actually want to talk about football.

    There is a cure for that... just sayin'...

  • Oh god, deflate gate again?

    Do we need ANOTHER lesson on the ideal gas law? Do we need to show how there were under inflated balls in a game this year and the NFL ignored it?

  • There's is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Graham can't be compared to Brady for a number of reasons, mostly because in Graham's era you ate a five course dinner, smoked a cigar, and drank a few whiskeys before hitting the field.

    Graham was the greatest of his time. Brady is the greatest of this time. That's all there is to it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Call us when someone catches up.

    But, you bring up a good point. OG only did it in an 11 year career. He had accomplished so much that he retired. (He could actually get paid more doing something else in those days). Plus, he played in time when QBs didn't wear skirts...or were given a protective bubble the way they are now.

    So, not only was he better, won more....he was tougher.

    Yeah, I think they just started letting non white people play...

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, I think they just started letting non white people play...

    He played with Motley, Willis etc.

  • There's is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Graham can't be compared to Brady for a number of reasons, mostly because in Graham's era you ate a five course dinner, smoked a cigar, and drank a few whiskeys before hitting the field.

    Graham was the greatest of his time. Brady is the greatest of this time. That's all there is to it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There's is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Graham can't be compared to Brady for a number of reasons, mostly because in Graham's era you ate a five course dinner, smoked a cigar, and drank a few whiskeys before hitting the field.

    Graham was the greatest of his time. Brady is the greatest of this time. That's all there is to it.

    Fair enough. Its a family photo anyway.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I am here to talk football, but this dumb fvck follows me from thread to thread except on weekends.

    Brady is the GOAT in terms of rings. Montana never lost a Super Bowl in his era.

    In what mathematical system is 5 more than 7?

    (and which one of us got a name change for being a douche?)

  • @boo-fagley said:

    See what I mean folks.

    Impossible to talk football with someone clueless.

    You mean someone that knows that 7 Championships is more than 5? There is talking football (see TCs post), and there is just being..like you said...clueless.

    You must have been a product of the Betsy DeVos school of learning.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Many say that Unitas is the best of all time.

    Called his own plays and in those days you could do everything but murder to NFL Quarterbacks.

    Yes....as TC said, and I agreed...it is a team photo. And Brady, OG, JU, Joe M. etc. are in the photo.

  • There's is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Graham can't be compared to Brady for a number of reasons, mostly because in Graham's era you ate a five course dinner, smoked a cigar, and drank a few whiskeys before hitting the field.

    Graham was the greatest of his time. Brady is the greatest of this time. That's all there is to it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There's is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Graham can't be compared to Brady for a number of reasons, mostly because in Graham's era you ate a five course dinner, smoked a cigar, and drank a few whiskeys before hitting the field.

    Graham was the greatest of his time. Brady is the greatest of this time. That's all there is to it.

    Yup...

    @boo-fagley said:

    I am here to talk football, but this dumb fvck follows me from thread to thread except on weekends.

    Just be glad you have weekends off...

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There's is no such thing as the greatest of all time. Graham can't be compared to Brady for a number of reasons, mostly because in Graham's era you ate a five course dinner, smoked a cigar, and drank a few whiskeys before hitting the field.

    Graham was the greatest of his time. Brady is the greatest of this time. That's all there is to it.

    Yup...

    @boo-fagley said:

    I am here to talk football, but this dumb fvck follows me from thread to thread except on weekends.

    Just be glad you have weekends off...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Just be glad you have weekends off...

    So...you agree with him that BB, TB and the Pats never cheated. It was all a conspiracy against them. (that is his claim).

    An you agree with him that Tom Brady's 5 titles is more than Otto Graham's 7?

    And you got all stupid with me over the fact that I forgot that Brandon Weeden started game one of his rookie year?

    And you got all stupid with me because it is my opinion that the Browns need a QB, first and foremost priority?

    Yet you defend this feckless fugat?

    Just so we are clear on where you are coming from.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Arthur. I've got 3 copies of it including 40th and 50th anniversary. One of those great American novels.

    Next question. On whom did she base the character of Dill?

    Ding ding ding... we have a winner.

    I remember hearing about all the characters' roots back during the anniversary specials and pub of Harper Lee's original manuscript (IIRC), but not all the details.

    I do remember a couple specials at the time talking about her friendship with Truman Capote, which was documented in two different movies about his researching and writing In Cold Blood. Dill was prissy enough to be Capote, but the timing seems off since ... Blood came years later than To Kill...

    So I give...

    @gftchris said:

    Will you two just give it a fucking rest already? Every thread ends up clogged with your endless back and forth. Some of us actually want to talk about football.

    There is a cure for that... just sayin'...

    @tour2ma said:

    Ding ding ding... we have a winner.

    I remember hearing about all the characters' roots back during the anniversary specials and pub of Harper Lee's original manuscript (IIRC), but not all the details.

    I do remember a couple specials at the time talking about her friendship with Truman Capote, which was documented in two different movies about his researching and writing In Cold Blood. Dill was prissy enough to be Capote, but the timing seems off since ... Blood came years later than To Kill...

    So I give...

    You are right. Her childhood friend was Truman Capote author also of Breakfast at Tiffany's from the late 50's, well before In Cold Blood.

    I just went to Wiki to retrieve this:

    Friendship with Harper Lee

    Capote based the character of Idabel in Other Voices, Other Rooms on his Monroeville neighbor and best friend, Harper Lee. Capote once acknowledged this: "Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Harper Lee's mother and father, lived very near. She was my best friend. Did you ever read her book, To Kill a Mockingbird? I'm a character in that book, which takes place in the same small town in Alabama where we lived. Her father was a lawyer, and she and I used to go to trials all the time as children. We went to the trials instead of going to the movies."[15] After the Pulitzer Prize was awarded to Lee in 1961 and Capote published In Cold Blood in 1966, the authors became increasingly distant from each other."

  • Cool... I always forget about his authorship of ... Tifany's...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Ding ding ding... we have a winner.

    I remember hearing about all the characters' roots back during the anniversary specials and pub of Harper Lee's original manuscript (IIRC), but not all the details.

    I do remember a couple specials at the time talking about her friendship with Truman Capote, which was documented in two different movies about his researching and writing In Cold Blood. Dill was prissy enough to be Capote, but the timing seems off since ... Blood came years later than To Kill...

    So I give...

    You are right. Her childhood friend was Truman Capote author also of Breakfast at Tiffany's from the late 50's, well before In Cold Blood.

    I just went to Wiki to retrieve this:

    Friendship with Harper Lee

    Capote based the character of Idabel in Other Voices, Other Rooms on his Monroeville neighbor and best friend, Harper Lee. Capote once acknowledged this: "Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Harper Lee's mother and father, lived very near. She was my best friend. Did you ever read her book, To Kill a Mockingbird? I'm a character in that book, which takes place in the same small town in Alabama where we lived. Her father was a lawyer, and she and I used to go to trials all the time as children. We went to the trials instead of going to the movies."[15] After the Pulitzer Prize was awarded to Lee in 1961 and Capote published In Cold Blood in 1966, the authors became increasingly distant from each other."

    @texasag1969 said:

    You are right. Her childhood friend was Truman Capote author also of Breakfast at Tiffany's from the late 50's, well before In Cold Blood.

    I just went to Wiki to retrieve this:

    Friendship with Harper Lee

    Capote based the character of Idabel in Other Voices, Other Rooms on his Monroeville neighbor and best friend, Harper Lee. Capote once acknowledged this: "Mr. and Mrs. Lee, Harper Lee's mother and father, lived very near. She was my best friend. Did you ever read her book, To Kill a Mockingbird? I'm a character in that book, which takes place in the same small town in Alabama where we lived. Her father was a lawyer, and she and I used to go to trials all the time as children. We went to the trials instead of going to the movies."[15] After the Pulitzer Prize was awarded to Lee in 1961 and Capote published In Cold Blood in 1966, the authors became increasingly distant from each other."

    Many suspect that it was Truman Capote who actually wrote To Kill a Mockingbird.:

    In the decades since Harper Lee published TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD in 1960, her novel has been shadowed by a persistent rumor. The speculation has been that Lee's long time friend Truman Capote either wrote or heavily edited the book, which would go on to be a bestseller and win the Pulitzer Prize.

    I believe though that the rumors were denied by both parties....(but who really knows)

  • Cool... I always forget about his authorship of ... Tifany's...

    @tour2ma said:

    Cool... I always forget about his authorship of ... Tifany's...

    Just watched it the other day on TCM one of my go to stations when I'm not watching news or sports. The 31 days of Oscar are on, perfect timing with NO FOOTBALL.

    ....The Dirty Dozen is on now. 😮