Skip to content

My only free agency prediction

The Browns Board
18 12 613
  • I think when addressing the QB position everyone is off the mark. I do believe Haslam will push for a splash after going 1-15. I am predicting the 2017 Browns starting QB to be none other than Tony Romo. His understudies will be Kessler and Mahomes. Fire away now

    @jcam222 said:

    I think when addressing the QB position everyone is off the mark. I do believe Haslam will push for a splash after going 1-15. I am predicting the 2017 Browns starting QB to be none other than Tony Romo. His understudies will be Kessler and Mahomes. Fire away now

    Any firing away at you over this should be self inflicted wounds. Honor should require you to commit Sepeku.

  • Price for another fragile QB is way to high.

  • Price for another fragile QB is way to high.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Price for another fragile QB is way to high.

    The contract would be heavily incentive laden. I am confortable with Kessler and Mahomes behind him. I guess as the newly self appointed Browns GM I will go ahead and lay out the rest of my offense here before I fall on my sword. I really need to change the thread title to "Crazed season ticket holder takes over team"

    QB1 Tony Romo FA

    QB2 Cody Kessler Current

    QB3 Patrick Mahomes Draft (3rd round)

    RB1 Leonard Fournette Draft Round 1 pick 12

    RB2 Duke Johnson Current

    RB3 Darius Jackson Current

    FB Dan Vitale Current

    WR1 Josh Gordon Current

    WR2 Terrelle Pryor Current (franchise tag)

    WR3 Corey Coleman Current

    WR4 Andrew Hawkins Current

    WR5 Ricardo Louis Current

    WR6 Rashard Higgins Current

    TE1 Gary Barnidge Current

    TE2 Seth Devalve Current

    TE3 Bucky Hodges Draft Round 4

    LT Joe Thomas Current

    LG Joel Bitonio Current

    LG2 Spencer Drango Current

    C1 Stefen Wisniewski FA

    C2Austin Reiter Current

    RG1 John Greco Current

    RG2 Shon Coleman Current

    RT Riley Rieff FA

    Oline depth Cameron Erving Current

    Defensive roster in progress and coming soon. Superbowl Baby!!

  • Just goes against everything the analytics say. Not to mention, why would he want to come here at his age? He will go to Houston and go to the super bowl next year with that defense.

  • Both or 1 of the CB's--Trumaine Johnson played in G.Williams system at Rams..or CB-Logan Ryan from Pats(Julio Jones 4 catches)..SB's leads to "can't pay'em all"..

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Price for another fragile QB is way to high.

    The contract would be heavily incentive laden. I am confortable with Kessler and Mahomes behind him. I guess as the newly self appointed Browns GM I will go ahead and lay out the rest of my offense here before I fall on my sword. I really need to change the thread title to "Crazed season ticket holder takes over team"

    QB1 Tony Romo FA

    QB2 Cody Kessler Current

    QB3 Patrick Mahomes Draft (3rd round)

    RB1 Leonard Fournette Draft Round 1 pick 12

    RB2 Duke Johnson Current

    RB3 Darius Jackson Current

    FB Dan Vitale Current

    WR1 Josh Gordon Current

    WR2 Terrelle Pryor Current (franchise tag)

    WR3 Corey Coleman Current

    WR4 Andrew Hawkins Current

    WR5 Ricardo Louis Current

    WR6 Rashard Higgins Current

    TE1 Gary Barnidge Current

    TE2 Seth Devalve Current

    TE3 Bucky Hodges Draft Round 4

    LT Joe Thomas Current

    LG Joel Bitonio Current

    LG2 Spencer Drango Current

    C1 Stefen Wisniewski FA

    C2Austin Reiter Current

    RG1 John Greco Current

    RG2 Shon Coleman Current

    RT Riley Rieff FA

    Oline depth Cameron Erving Current

    Defensive roster in progress and coming soon. Superbowl Baby!!

    @jcam222 said:

    The contract would be heavily incentive laden. I am confortable with Kessler and Mahomes behind him. I guess as the newly self appointed Browns GM I will go ahead and lay out the rest of my offense here before I fall on my sword. I really need to change the thread title to "Crazed season ticket holder takes over team"

    QB1 Tony Romo FA

    QB2 Cody Kessler Current

    QB3 Patrick Mahomes Draft (3rd round)

    RB1 Leonard Fournette Draft Round 1 pick 12

    RB2 Duke Johnson Current

    RB3 Darius Jackson Current

    FB Dan Vitale Current

    WR1 Josh Gordon Current

    WR2 Terrelle Pryor Current (franchise tag)

    WR3 Corey Coleman Current

    WR4 Andrew Hawkins Current

    WR5 Ricardo Louis Current

    WR6 Rashard Higgins Current

    TE1 Gary Barnidge Current

    TE2 Seth Devalve Current

    TE3 Bucky Hodges Draft Round 4

    LT Joe Thomas Current

    LG Joel Bitonio Current

    LG2 Spencer Drango Current

    C1 Stefen Wisniewski FA

    C2Austin Reiter Current

    RG1 John Greco Current

    RG2 Shon Coleman Current

    RT Riley Rieff FA

    Oline depth Cameron Erving Current

    Defensive roster in progress and coming soon. Superbowl Baby!!

    I 'd have more faith in RG3 staying healthy than Romo, no thanks. As for the fournette pick, if the Browns are going offense at 12 I'd much rather have OJ Howard, the dude is a beast.

  • RIP Tony Romo 4/21/1980 - 9/10/2017

  • @jcam222 said:

    The contract would be heavily incentive laden. I am confortable with Kessler and Mahomes behind him. I guess as the newly self appointed Browns GM I will go ahead and lay out the rest of my offense here before I fall on my sword. I really need to change the thread title to "Crazed season ticket holder takes over team"

    QB1 Tony Romo FA

    QB2 Cody Kessler Current

    QB3 Patrick Mahomes Draft (3rd round)

    RB1 Leonard Fournette Draft Round 1 pick 12

    RB2 Duke Johnson Current

    RB3 Darius Jackson Current

    FB Dan Vitale Current

    WR1 Josh Gordon Current

    WR2 Terrelle Pryor Current (franchise tag)

    WR3 Corey Coleman Current

    WR4 Andrew Hawkins Current

    WR5 Ricardo Louis Current

    WR6 Rashard Higgins Current

    TE1 Gary Barnidge Current

    TE2 Seth Devalve Current

    TE3 Bucky Hodges Draft Round 4

    LT Joe Thomas Current

    LG Joel Bitonio Current

    LG2 Spencer Drango Current

    C1 Stefen Wisniewski FA

    C2Austin Reiter Current

    RG1 John Greco Current

    RG2 Shon Coleman Current

    RT Riley Rieff FA

    Oline depth Cameron Erving Current

    Defensive roster in progress and coming soon. Superbowl Baby!!

    I 'd have more faith in RG3 staying healthy than Romo, no thanks. As for the fournette pick, if the Browns are going offense at 12 I'd much rather have OJ Howard, the dude is a beast.

    @roycerolls said:

    I 'd have more faith in RG3 staying healthy than Romo, no thanks. As for the fournette pick, if the Browns are going offense at 12 I'd much rather have OJ Howard, the dude is a beast.

    I'd be cool with Howard and keeping Crow I suppose.
  • Even when the ball doesn't go Howard's way, he contributes. Great blocker, great pass catcher. The guy has it all.

  • Romo stated he wants to play for a contender. I really don't think the Cowboys would screw over Romo by sending him to a destitute franchise...I can't fathom it. Houston made the playoffs, is in the same state where he currently lives, and is in desperate need of a QB. I'm not sure what the going price is for a talented QB in his final years who has a history of missing a ton of games, but I think we'll see shortly enough.

    Can you imagine the Texans trading their first round pick to the Cowboys for Romo? Wanna talk about the rich getting richer? Oh, and don't forget the Cowboys will probably get Jaylon Smith on the field in 2017. He's the LB from Notre Dame that suffered that awful injury in that bowl game. Apparently he's regaining nerve function in that knee, and he's training like mad.

  • Romo stated he wants to play for a contender. I really don't think the Cowboys would screw over Romo by sending him to a destitute franchise...I can't fathom it. Houston made the playoffs, is in the same state where he currently lives, and is in desperate need of a QB. I'm not sure what the going price is for a talented QB in his final years who has a history of missing a ton of games, but I think we'll see shortly enough.

    Can you imagine the Texans trading their first round pick to the Cowboys for Romo? Wanna talk about the rich getting richer? Oh, and don't forget the Cowboys will probably get Jaylon Smith on the field in 2017. He's the LB from Notre Dame that suffered that awful injury in that bowl game. Apparently he's regaining nerve function in that knee, and he's training like mad.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Romo stated he wants to play for a contender. I really don't think the Cowboys would screw over Romo by sending him to a destitute franchise...I can't fathom it. Houston made the playoffs, is in the same state where he currently lives, and is in desperate need of a QB. I'm not sure what the going price is for a talented QB in his final years who has a history of missing a ton of games, but I think we'll see shortly enough.

    Can you imagine the Texans trading their first round pick to the Cowboys for Romo? Wanna talk about the rich getting richer? Oh, and don't forget the Cowboys will probably get Jaylon Smith on the field in 2017. He's the LB from Notre Dame that suffered that awful injury in that bowl game. Apparently he's regaining nerve function in that knee, and he's training like mad.

    I am painfully aware of how bad we suck last year and have quite some time. Call me optimistic but I believe that's about to change. I truly believe with the addition of 4 to 5 key free agents and the plethora of draft picks we have we will be contending this year.
  • I'm absolutely in every sense of the word over bringing in old veteran QBs to bridge the shitty gap of sub-par play. I'd EASILY rather have another year of the RG3 experiment before doing anything like this with any FA QB.

  • From a Haslam perspective I can see the attraction of Romo, but...

    • I think Jimmy is going to defer to his FO, and
    • I do not see the attraction of the rebuilding Browns for Romo.

    Tony simply does not need the money. What he does not have is a ring and the validation it would bring his career. That's why I see him doing a cap friendly deal to go to a contending franchise lacking an established QB.

    Denver and Houston seem closest to being "a QB away."

  • RIP Tony Romo 4/21/1980 - 9/10/2017

    @d-bone said:

    RIP Tony Romo 4/21/1980 - 9/10/2017

    31276024.jpg


  • The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner "continue(s) to feel confident" the Bengals will not retain free agent RG Kevin Zeitler.



    Based on what he's heard, Dehner expects the Bengals to prioritize re-signing free agent LT/LG Andrew Whitworth and let Zeitler walk. It's a curious approach -- to be kind -- considering Whitworth is in steep decline at age 35 while 27-year-old (in March) Zeitler is one of the best young guards in football. Dehner believes there's only a "30 percent chance" Zeitler returns to Cincinnati. Zeitler is Rotoworld's No. 1-rated free agent interior offensive lineman.



    id go after him soon as free agency starts


  • The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner "continue(s) to feel confident" the Bengals will not retain free agent RG Kevin Zeitler.



    Based on what he's heard, Dehner expects the Bengals to prioritize re-signing free agent LT/LG Andrew Whitworth and let Zeitler walk. It's a curious approach -- to be kind -- considering Whitworth is in steep decline at age 35 while 27-year-old (in March) Zeitler is one of the best young guards in football. Dehner believes there's only a "30 percent chance" Zeitler returns to Cincinnati. Zeitler is Rotoworld's No. 1-rated free agent interior offensive lineman.



    id go after him soon as free agency starts

    @beare said:

    The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner "continue(s) to feel confident" the Bengals will not retain free agent RG Kevin Zeitler.

    Based on what he's heard, Dehner expects the Bengals to prioritize re-signing free agent LT/LG Andrew Whitworth and let Zeitler walk. It's a curious approach -- to be kind -- considering Whitworth is in steep decline at age 35 while 27-year-old (in March) Zeitler is one of the best young guards in football. Dehner believes there's only a "30 percent chance" Zeitler returns to Cincinnati. Zeitler is Rotoworld's No. 1-rated free agent interior offensive lineman.
    id go after him soon as free agency starts

    Amen, Brother.