Run Stoppers
-
Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
-
Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
Shelton, Meder, Cooper ...?Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
-
Our interior depth isn't terrible but I always question the effectiveness and reliability of players coming off injury. For that reason alone I can't put too much stock in Dez.
-
Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
Just churning... sifting through options. Also is the fact that it hasn't happened yet.
Why not do so?
-
Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
I do not think the Browns are stacked with DTs....not particularly talented ones, at all. And, if the Browns do run a more base 4-3,they will need another DT in my opinion.
We got Shelton, then hybrid DE/DTs Meder and Bryant..and then pretty much nothing.
-
Shelton, Meder, Cooper ...?Do we really need DT's? I thought that was an area we were pretty stacked in even if Dez blows another valve during TC.
Shelton, Meder, Cooper ...?
RDE 98 Meder, Jamie CF14 96 Cooper, Xavier 15/3 99 Paea, Stephen SF16 97 Wynn, Dylan CF15NT 55 Shelton, Danny 15/1 97 Wright, Gabe SF16 70 Lawrence-Stample, Nile CF16LDE 90 Ogbah, Emmanuel 16/2 94 Nassib, Carl 16/3 91 Holmes, Tyrone W/JaxJust seems like even going to a 4-3 all the time, we have the front four. While Garrettis an elite player... is he a dramatic impact player? That dramatically upgrades theteam? I look at a player like Jamal Adams, safety... and I see it.I know the common ratings, but it seems to me, that Adams, Howard, or Foster...or Lattimore, would make the big splash to the Browns' goal of winning games.A DL seems like an improvement... but not dramatic. ? -
Front to back... inside out...
I don't see a higher impact player in this draft than Garrett.
Aside: I hope Stample can stay healthy this year. Thought he was an exciting UDFA signing and showed well in preseason.
-
Shhhhh....
Actually it's not a hard argument to make that between Shelton-Bryant as a starting duo and a couple of our backups the interior DL looks a good bit more ready than our edge does.
I've made it before. Assuming Bryant comes back to his prior level, that is - he led the team with 5-ish sacks in 2015. I'd take that again from the DT position, and Shelton will probably be just fine there. Ogbah and Garrett on the edge would be menacing then.
-
Bleacher report is saying the Browns may sign FA DT Kawann Short from the Panthers.
-
Bleacher report is saying the Browns may sign FA DT Kawann Short from the Panthers.
Bleacher report is saying the Browns may sign FA DT Kawann Short from the Panthers.
I would probably cry, go have a jersey made and sing the praises of the best DT rotation in the NFL.
99% sure it wont happen. Isn't Short a RFA?
-
Omg if we signed Short holy fuck. Btw Meder is no DE, he's a straight DT. Anyway, that interior rotation with Short would be disgusting. Seriously if we got Short and drafted Allen or Garrett....it's hard to imagine we wouldn't have one of the best front 4's in football. Neither Shelton nor Short could be double teamed on every down, which they pretty much need to be. So one of em will be collapsing the pocket on nearly every play. Please god let this happen. Maybe then the QB can't step up in the pocket and our edge rush could actually get home. In fact if we do get Short i might have to switch to camp Garrett. Having a more speed rush guy on one side and a power edge guy on the other (Nassib, Ogbah, Wynn) would be lights out.
-
Bleacher report is saying the Browns may sign FA DT Kawann Short from the Panthers.
I would probably cry, go have a jersey made and sing the praises of the best DT rotation in the NFL.
99% sure it wont happen. Isn't Short a RFA?
I would probably cry, go have a jersey made and sing the praises of the best DT rotation in the NFL.
99% sure it wont happen. Isn't Short a RFA?
Short is a UFA/spotrac & the story is very possible. Car./Gettelman is very happy with #30 last season on a rook contract in Vernon Butler.. Car. is 4 deep at DT without Short ..i would luv 2 see it.. but it would take Jimmy $$'s..they'll keep Johnson or Short imo
-
If they got Short, then apparently it would negate the need to take a DT any time early in the draft.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
