I Love Joe Thomas More Than Ever
-
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Browns outspoken left tackle Joe Thomas was looking forward to watching Roger Goodell squirm if Tom Brady won the Super Bowl 51 and MVP.
And when it actually went down, the awkward exchanges and boos during the trophy ceremony didn't disappoint Thomas, a vocal critic of Deflategate.
"I especially enjoyed how over-eager Roger was to smile at all the Patriots and give them a big handshake, but then as soon as he gave them the trophy he scurried off the stage like a rat," Thomas told Pro Football Talk Live Thursday morning. "It was awesome."
Four days before the Super Bowl, Thomas, who spent the week in Houston, told cleveland.com that he wanted his good friend Alex Mack to win a Super bowl with the Falcons, but that was looking for justice for Brady, who was suspended the first four games of the season.
"I can find happiness in both situations,'' he said. "Of course I'd love to see Alex win a Super Bowl, but I'd certainly I'd love the situation if Goodell, Brady and Mr. Kraft were all on the stage together, so I'm not going to show my cards on (which one I'd like best).''
-
Goodell left the stage when he did because that is what he is supposed to do. He presents the trophy to the owner of the winner, then gets the hell out of the way, and lets the broadcasters take over. He didn't do anything that he hasn't done for every Super Bowl trophy presentation he has ever made.
This was, after all, the team's moment. Not his. We will see him at the draft.
-
-
-
Nice.
Orion would look better flipped 180 degrees.
Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse.

-
Nice.
Orion would look better flipped 180 degrees.
Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse.

-
-
Joe Thomas is genuinely funny. And Goodell is a schmuck right along
with buttichek and his little hand puppet, brady.
Still can't believe Atlanta lost... though the Falcons did fire two of their defensive staff....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


