Skip to content

Camp Garrett

The Browns Board
113 27 3.2k
  • It's not quite "I was out fishing on the boat" but Garrett is skipping draft day to spend it with his family

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785192/article/myles-garrett-doesnt-intend-to-attend-2017-nfl-draft

  • Reminds me of Jameis Winston sitting with his family on draft day...eating crab legs. Hahahaha.

  • It's not quite "I was out fishing on the boat" but Garrett is skipping draft day to spend it with his family

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785192/article/myles-garrett-doesnt-intend-to-attend-2017-nfl-draft

    @gftchris said:

    It's not quite "I was out fishing on the boat" but Garrett is skipping draft day to spend it with his family

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785192/article/myles-garrett-doesnt-intend-to-attend-2017-nfl-draft

    This is about the best reason I ever heard from anyone-shows real character.

    "I know at the draft you can only have a select amount of people there," Garrett told the Chroncile. "I knew I wanted to have everybody who's ever affected my life positively and helped build me up all the way to where I am now -- I wanted them to see what I've achieved and be a part of this big moment in my life."

  • @gftchris said:

    It's not quite "I was out fishing on the boat" but Garrett is skipping draft day to spend it with his family

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000785192/article/myles-garrett-doesnt-intend-to-attend-2017-nfl-draft

    This is about the best reason I ever heard from anyone-shows real character.

    "I know at the draft you can only have a select amount of people there," Garrett told the Chroncile. "I knew I wanted to have everybody who's ever affected my life positively and helped build me up all the way to where I am now -- I wanted them to see what I've achieved and be a part of this big moment in my life."

    @texasag1969 said:

    This is about the best reason I ever heard from anyone-shows real character.

    "I know at the draft you can only have a select amount of people there," Garrett told the Chroncile. "I knew I wanted to have everybody who's ever affected my life positively and helped build me up all the way to where I am now -- I wanted them to see what I've achieved and be a part of this big moment in my life."

    I'd agree... And plus he doesn't have to look like he's buddies with the commissioner.

  • If we take garrett and misuse him or not develop him properly, it really might affect my fandom of the team

  • If we take garrett and misuse him or not develop him properly, it really might affect my fandom of the team

    @clevfan4life said:

    If we take garrett and misuse him or not develop him properly, it really might affect my fandom of the team

    You mean the people they have had the last 17 years hasn't affected it?

  • I assumed we were all in this camp. I'll let you guys manage this.

    #12 is where the action is, Half Off JImmy G gear today, the Budweiser twins will be there at Noon, we've trademarked "GropPound" and "Brownspolo", websites coming soon.

    rsz_7july-twins.jpg

    And McCown is on his third beer, could get interesting.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    rsz_7july-twins.jpg

    Thanks Z, These 2 gals can hold my Camp Flag pole Up 🙂. Am In..Garrett: The Best player in college football in this draft. Hope he proves more of it in the combine. Of Course I wish he could play Andrew Luck as a QB, since we worked so hard to earn the #1 Pick. Did you see the look on Cory Coleman when he was named A Brown? JT was with Dad Fishing, so Hell Yea,Myles enjoy Family & stay Myles away from that awkward (ugly)uni photo opt with the hat..Than it's down to Business. Bring Greatness back to the Browns..

  • Zombo said:

    And? Most likely his favorite team.

  • Zombo said:

    And? Most likely his favorite team.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    And? Most likely his favorite team.

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    And? Most likely his favorite team.

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

    I can agree that he shouldn't make/post a video like that, but I honestly don't think it matters. Most of these guys have a favorite team, or at least a team they wish they could play for. Alot of those guys will get drafted and resign with the teams the drafted them, some will want to move on for money or to finally play for said favorite team. I'm not going to guess what a guy is going to do in 5 years based on a video he posts today.

  • Yeah him wanting to play for his favorite team is a non-issue.

  • Zombo said:

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

    I can agree that he shouldn't make/post a video like that, but I honestly don't think it matters. Most of these guys have a favorite team, or at least a team they wish they could play for. Alot of those guys will get drafted and resign with the teams the drafted them, some will want to move on for money or to finally play for said favorite team. I'm not going to guess what a guy is going to do in 5 years based on a video he posts today.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I can agree that he shouldn't make/post a video like that, but I honestly don't think it matters. Most of these guys have a favorite team, or at least a team they wish they could play for. Alot of those guys will get drafted and resign with the teams the drafted them, some will want to move on for money or to finally play for said favorite team. I'm not going to guess what a guy is going to do in 5 years based on a video he posts today.

    I like that he has a personality, and I find it normal that we wants to play for his favorite team ... But the clingy Texas thing worries me (Johnny hangover perhaps) and he kinda called out Cleveland while praying for Dallas ... Just not a good look from the perspective of a Browns fan.

    In the end, probably won't matter, will still take him #1.

    Zombo

  • I mean here is what I personally think.

    1: He hasn't met with Hue at all. These two will meet at the combine, pro day, and Garrett will likely be invited to the facility for a sit down. If Hue is good at anything, it is making players like him. At the very least Garrett will like the idea of getting to play for Hue and any fears he may have about coming to Cleveland will be greatly diminished.

    2: This kid doesn't have the character flaws that might lead him to demand that he won't play in Cleveland. He doesn't come from a Manning like family, he is going to be jazzed to be the #1 overall pick, regardless who takes him.

    3: Players can and do fall in love with the teams who draft them and the cities they play for. Thomas was a Green Bay fan, Haden was a Redskins fan who played ball in Flordia. Both fell in love with Cleveland and wanted to stay.

    Once again, not a great look for the kid. But to me it seems more like a kid making a fun video to his favorite team. I put more stock behind the video in the first post of this topic than the one asking for the Cowboys to move up.

  • I mean here is what I personally think.

    1: He hasn't met with Hue at all. These two will meet at the combine, pro day, and Garrett will likely be invited to the facility for a sit down. If Hue is good at anything, it is making players like him. At the very least Garrett will like the idea of getting to play for Hue and any fears he may have about coming to Cleveland will be greatly diminished.

    2: This kid doesn't have the character flaws that might lead him to demand that he won't play in Cleveland. He doesn't come from a Manning like family, he is going to be jazzed to be the #1 overall pick, regardless who takes him.

    3: Players can and do fall in love with the teams who draft them and the cities they play for. Thomas was a Green Bay fan, Haden was a Redskins fan who played ball in Flordia. Both fell in love with Cleveland and wanted to stay.

    Once again, not a great look for the kid. But to me it seems more like a kid making a fun video to his favorite team. I put more stock behind the video in the first post of this topic than the one asking for the Cowboys to move up.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I mean here is what I personally think.

    1: He hasn't met with Hue at all. These two will meet at the combine, pro day, and Garrett will likely be invited to the facility for a sit down. If Hue is good at anything, it is making players like him. At the very least Garrett will like the idea of getting to play for Hue and any fears he may have about coming to Cleveland will be greatly diminished.

    2: This kid doesn't have the character flaws that might lead him to demand that he won't play in Cleveland. He doesn't come from a Manning like family, he is going to be jazzed to be the #1 overall pick, regardless who takes him.

    3: Players can and do fall in love with the teams who draft them and the cities they play for. Thomas was a Green Bay fan, Haden was a Redskins fan who played ball in Flordia. Both fell in love with Cleveland and wanted to stay.

    Once again, not a great look for the kid. But to me it seems more like a kid making a fun video to his favorite team. I put more stock behind the video in the first post of this topic than the one asking for the Cowboys to move up.

    OK, I'm with you.

    The Hue thing was in my mind too ... He'll get him chugging the Kool Aid.

    And I meant Homo in the nicest way possible.

    Zombo

    --How is that for "walking it back"

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    And? Most likely his favorite team.

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

    What about that Ohio homo that wants to play QB for Cleveland? 😛 Garrett's home town is Arlington, home of Cowboys stadium. It's understandable.

  • Zombo said:

    1. He should probably shut up.

    2. These Texas homos always seem to want to stay in Texas. Maybe he'll want to go back after the first contract. Or be miserable while he's in Cleveland.

    Zombo

    What about that Ohio homo that wants to play QB for Cleveland? 😛 Garrett's home town is Arlington, home of Cowboys stadium. It's understandable.

    @texasag1969 said:

    What about that Ohio homo that wants to play QB for Cleveland? 😛 Garrett's home town is Arlington, home of Cowboys stadium. It's understandable.

    The Ohio homos that want to play in Ohio is great for us.

    Duh.

    Zombo

    --Pretend you're a Browns fan ... It'll make sense.

  • Fuck Garrett. We don't need him.

  • Fuck Garrett. We don't need him.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Fuck Garrett. We don't need him.

    LOL! Yeah we do. 😛

  • 1) that video wouldnt make me pass on him by itself

    2) butt........id trade that #1 to the chargers for u know who.