Skip to content

Camp Garrett

The Browns Board
113 27 3.2k
  • @flugel said:

    Like you said, you've had pretty nice conversations about things that have nothing to do with the Cleveland Brown on a Cleveland Browns message board. The difference between you and him is you also have an interest in talking football.

    Bringing it back around to Garrett....I have no problem with him skipping the draft. If Gregg Williams thinks this dude can play after meeting with him, then I'll trust him to make the decision.

    @mark-o said:

    Bringing it back around to Garrett....I have no problem with him skipping the draft. If Gregg Williams thinks this dude can play after meeting with him, then I'll trust him to make the decision.

    Agreed Mark! I also don't have a problem with a kid growing up in a state where he dreams of playing for the NFL franchise in that state. The only thing most 22-23 year old prospects that aren't from Cleveland know about this franchise is that it is always being mocked while it currently sports a 1-15 record.

    Gregg Williams will make sure he loves playing football in Cleveland throughout the first contract, which will setup the dream contract he wants. Sounds like fun to me...

  • I don't see why not being at the draft is even mentioned by the media. Means nothing !

  • Cleveland Browns fans need to relax about Myles Garrett video

    http://dawgpounddaily.com/2017/02/11/cleveland-browns-fans-need-relax-myles-garrett-video/

  • I don't see why not being at the draft is even mentioned by the media. Means nothing !

    @londonbrown said:

    I don't see why not being at the draft is even mentioned by the media. Means nothing !

    just unusual is all. Been a long time since the top pick wasn't at the draft.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I don't see why not being at the draft is even mentioned by the media. Means nothing !

    just unusual is all. Been a long time since the top pick wasn't at the draft.

    @mark-o said:

    just unusual is all. Been a long time since the top pick wasn't at the draft.

    2 years. Winston.

  • @mark-o said:

    just unusual is all. Been a long time since the top pick wasn't at the draft.

    2 years. Winston.

    @texasag1969 said:

    2 years. Winston.

    Forgot about him. Still unusual for it to happen but I don't see it as a bad thing that he wants to stay home. Joe Thomas was fishing during the draft when we picked him #3, how did that turn out for the Browns?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    2 years. Winston.

    Forgot about him. Still unusual for it to happen but I don't see it as a bad thing that he wants to stay home. Joe Thomas was fishing during the draft when we picked him #3, how did that turn out for the Browns?

    @mark-o said:

    Forgot about him. Still unusual for it to happen but I don't see it as a bad thing that he wants to stay home. Joe Thomas was fishing during the draft when we picked him #3, how did that turn out for the Browns?

    Perfect example. Our other first round pick a few hours later that day probably wished he went fishing instead...

  • Neither Winston nor Mariota were at the draft. I'm kinda happy players slated to go at the very top choose to skip - the only thing you get is a moment in the spotlight and a handshake from Roger Goodell - if that's your thing then good for you but not caring about it is a plus in my book. Wanting to be with your family and friends and the people that got you there, that's a plus.

  • @flugel said:

    Like you said, you've had pretty nice conversations about things that have nothing to do with the Cleveland Brown on a Cleveland Browns message board. The difference between you and him is you also have an interest in talking football.

    Raises an interesting compromise option... Ghoulie's Sub-forum... give him his own section of the board and restrict him to it.

    Hell he can even mod it...

    @tour2ma said:

    Raises an interesting compromise option... Ghoulie's Sub-forum... give him his own section of the board and restrict him to it.

    Hell he can even mod it...

    It should be called fortress ghoulie. No one gets in or out

  • Any case, the video doesnt necessarily piss me off....but maybe it signifies allen might be a better fit here?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Can we say the anti-Manziel? Have to admit Ag, the guy is checking all the right boxes for me.

  • @ghoolie said:

    Here is the funny thing.

    If you read my Brady post, I CLEARLY SAID ejoy Brady, because whether he wins or loses, you will NOT see him even in another AFC championship game. He struggled many times this year, and in the SB, without miracles, and Marty type coaching, he goes home a loser. No matter,.... I said clearly, he might win.

    Judge my prediction on MY WORDS, not on your circle jerk of " HA HA BRADY WON GHOOLIE WAS WRONG"...because I am not wrong. Brady is done. He is aging, the problems he had this year will be more pronounced next year and he won't again see a SB.

    BUT BUT BUT................................... LOOK AT YOURSELVES ON THIS GARRETT bullshit. I predicted EXACTLY the excuses and explanations you woudl be making on Garretts slap in the face of the Browns.

    1) I predicted that dumbasses would find a way to insist this means he also loves Cleveland

    2) I predicted shortly after his agent would bitch slap him into reality and tell him to give Cleveland a Lewisnky

    3) I predeicted some of you, who can see the truth, that Garrett really does not want to play in Cleveland, would start making shit up like............ "yeah, I wasn't sold on him, I think Allen is the better choice.

    LMAO. With Brady, you tit-wits will have to wait for 2017. But your own fucking imbecile parade you can enjoy and be called out on right now.

    Tom, Tom- so now you're predicting Brady will fall off the proverbial cliff this fall. A little premature with the prediction he was completely done, and you deserve a ton of shit for it. He was so washed up, he was only the MVP of the Super Bowl. Even if he had lost the Super Bowl- and it's been pointed out they deserved to- He still went 11-1 in the regular season, and got the Patriots to the big game. 15 other AFC quarterbacks can't say the same.

    It's entirely possible he may turn into Peyton "dead arm chucking up dying quails" Manning this season- Father Time is undefeated, and the odds of him coming apart as he ages are guaranteed. But to my untrained eye, he had a hell of a lot more zip on his passes than Manning did the year before. And I will predict this, and it won't take me playing Nostradamus to tell you what Bill Belichick thinks about Brady. If he ships off Garropolo this spring- he's telling the whole world in his mind- Brady is not washed up.

    PS- go look at his stats for this year. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm there are damn few teams in the NFL who wouldn't kill to have their quarterback put up numbers like that. Struggled? LOL. Counting the playoffs, they beat 11 teams by more than 10 points. & 8 of those games were blowout laughers.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Can we say the anti-Manziel? Have to admit Ag, the guy is checking all the right boxes for me.

    @hoorta said:

    Can we say the anti-Manziel? Have to admit Ag, the guy is checking all the right boxes for me.

    I had read all these things about his family and how he was raised when he first signed on with us. Neither his play nor his family have disappointed in any way these past 3 years and I expect exactly the same in Cleveland. He will be an asset to this team/community ready to work against a great mentor in Joe Thomas. Joe will make an even better player and person out of him than he already is, which is special coming in. It is my hope that as Joe retires, this somewhat shy, unassuming young man steps in to take his place as the face of the Browns going forward. I'm proud he is an Aggie and will be just as proud if he is a Brown. I'll be one of the first to order the jersey from the Browns Board shop should we draft him.

  • Garrett checks just about every physical and talent box, AND he also checks the "head in the right place" box. Obviously I don't KNOW the kid, but I haven't heard ONE negative thing about his demeanor, personality, or anything else related to how he lives his life. Could something come out? Surely, but I don't see it happening.

    I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous as the draft approaches. I just feel like our front office won't be able to resist the urge to trade the first pick. I'm to the point where I don't CARE what another team offers...I want the best player in the draft. I want the guy who will get the endorsements, who people will talk about all year, who EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. I want the guy that virtually everyone thinks should be the first pick.

  • Never say never, but... it's the right time and the right guy.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    SF does not have the #1 overall spot. Cleveland does. He asked Dallas to trade into the #1 spot and take him. He did not say Cleveland sucks unless you have some alternative facts Kellyanne.

    Exactly!

    Inventory reminds us this team went 1-15 last year so he wasn't any more excited than Joey Bosa was when asked for his honesty about the possibility of coming to Cleveland. As great as Bosa did, SD was the only team we beat. Not only that, I think the NFL channel just reported SD still finished ranked 29th on defense or in allowed points. Something significant enough to keep them losing.

    Garrett is a 22 year old kid that will have Gregg Williams charging up his motor like a young Mike Tyson that used to charge across the ring to knock out opponents when he had the right coach/trainer in his corner. You know Williams is going to get him foaming at the mouth for sic em, sock em and sack em. He'll dangle that carrot throughout the entire first contract that Garrett's stage in Cleveland sets up the dream salary ahead. In the process, the Dawg Pound will get the CPR needed to bring back the home field advantage and this kid will adore it the way our defensive personnel used to back in the day. Most players fall in love with Coaches that tap their best football so this shouldn't be any different.

    @flugel said:

    Exactly!

    Inventory reminds us this team went 1-15 last year so he wasn't any more excited than Joey Bosa was when asked for his honesty about the possibility of coming to Cleveland. As great as Bosa did, SD was the only team we beat. Not only that, I think the NFL channel just reported SD still finished ranked 29th on defense or in allowed points. Something significant enough to keep them losing.

    Garrett is a 22 year old kid that will have Gregg Williams charging up his motor like a young Mike Tyson that used to charge across the ring to knock out opponents when he had the right coach/trainer in his corner. You know Williams is going to get him foaming at the mouth for sic em, sock em and sack em. He'll dangle that carrot throughout the entire first contract that Garrett's stage in Cleveland sets up the dream salary ahead. In the process, the Dawg Pound will get the CPR needed to bring back the home field advantage and this kid will adore it the way our defensive personnel used to back in the day. Most players fall in love with Coaches that tap their best football so this shouldn't be any different.

    Bosa, to me, was/is a better prospect than Garrett. And as well as Bosa played, as you noted, it still only got the Chargers ranked #29 on defense.

    So....to me, a defensive lineman will actually have limited impact on this team compared to other positions. (yes, primarily QB.)

    And lets point this out: As a college player, playing in the Pac 12, which is certainly equivalent to the SEC, Nate Orchard had as much or a more productive career at Utah than Garrett did at TAMU.

    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/nate-orchard-1.html College stats of Orchard.

    http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/myles-garrett-1.html Garrett.

  • No qb till we can protect him, thats "nuff said". Tom brady looked like brian hoyer until the patriots o line got its act together

    @clevfan4life said:

    No qb till we can protect him, thats "nuff said". Tom brady looked like brian hoyer until the patriots o line got its act together

    Protection will be there imo. The biggest problem is OC....and I think an Elflein or the like can be had. Its not like this is the OL that was in front of Tim Couch. There will be one HOFer, (JT) one Pro Bowler, (Bito) one steady veteran (Greco), and a few other prospects...Coleman/Drango/Reiter/etc.

    I think a young veteran FA could be had as well to solidify things (Zeitler or others).

  • Garrett checks just about every physical and talent box, AND he also checks the "head in the right place" box. Obviously I don't KNOW the kid, but I haven't heard ONE negative thing about his demeanor, personality, or anything else related to how he lives his life. Could something come out? Surely, but I don't see it happening.

    I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous as the draft approaches. I just feel like our front office won't be able to resist the urge to trade the first pick. I'm to the point where I don't CARE what another team offers...I want the best player in the draft. I want the guy who will get the endorsements, who people will talk about all year, who EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. I want the guy that virtually everyone thinks should be the first pick.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Garrett checks just about every physical and talent box, AND he also checks the "head in the right place" box. Obviously I don't KNOW the kid, but I haven't heard ONE negative thing about his demeanor, personality, or anything else related to how he lives his life. Could something come out? Surely, but I don't see it happening.

    I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous as the draft approaches. I just feel like our front office won't be able to resist the urge to trade the first pick. I'm to the point where I don't CARE what another team offers...I want the best player in the draft. I want the guy who will get the endorsements, who people will talk about all year, who EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. I want the guy that virtually everyone thinks should be the first pick.

    I'm nervous for another reason. I'm nervous that the consensus #1 guy won't work out and everyone will act like it's because the browns are terrible. I'm definitely in camp garret, take him and don't look back. The problem is that if he doesn't work out for one reason or another, no one will remember that all the scouts and pundits and talent evaluators were going crazy over the kid. Instead, we will have to listen to grocery store clerks and the guy who cuts lumber at Home Depot say "I knew he was garbage, I can't believe the Browns took him"

  • You mean like Trent Richardson?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Garrett checks just about every physical and talent box, AND he also checks the "head in the right place" box. Obviously I don't KNOW the kid, but I haven't heard ONE negative thing about his demeanor, personality, or anything else related to how he lives his life. Could something come out? Surely, but I don't see it happening.

    I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous as the draft approaches. I just feel like our front office won't be able to resist the urge to trade the first pick. I'm to the point where I don't CARE what another team offers...I want the best player in the draft. I want the guy who will get the endorsements, who people will talk about all year, who EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. I want the guy that virtually everyone thinks should be the first pick.

    I'm nervous for another reason. I'm nervous that the consensus #1 guy won't work out and everyone will act like it's because the browns are terrible. I'm definitely in camp garret, take him and don't look back. The problem is that if he doesn't work out for one reason or another, no one will remember that all the scouts and pundits and talent evaluators were going crazy over the kid. Instead, we will have to listen to grocery store clerks and the guy who cuts lumber at Home Depot say "I knew he was garbage, I can't believe the Browns took him"

    @roycerolls said:

    I'm nervous for another reason. I'm nervous that the consensus #1 guy won't work out and everyone will act like it's because the browns are terrible. I'm definitely in camp garret, take him and don't look back. The problem is that if he doesn't work out for one reason or another, no one will remember that all the scouts and pundits and talent evaluators were going crazy over the kid. Instead, we will have to listen to grocery store clerks and the guy who cuts lumber at Home Depot say "I knew he was garbage, I can't believe the browns took him"

    But at this point the Browns have the #1 pick so it matters not what they do or don't do because if whatever they do does not work out, they will be seen that way anyway. If they don't take him and he plays HOF from day one to retirement for someone else, the Browns will look foolish anyway. It's the nature of having the luxury of #1 overall.