What's your favorite vacation or getaway place?
-
@boo-fagley said:
When I go trout fishing I salvage all kinds of flies and lures that people gave up on.
Oh yeah and as kids that stuff was gold! Bobblers, sinkers, lures even poles. Got a great 3 pc bamboo set....remember those?
-
@boo-fagley said:
Ive seen those 3 pc rods.
You could basically fish for free salvaging tackle. I reeled in a pole one day too.
My childhood, kept the bamboo pole hidden at the lake with hooks, etc. We could find...and sell...worms under rocks everywhere.
When I was 15-17 used to shoot my .22 rifle at the same lake after the closing siren....sounds like Mayberry, it was.
-
@boo-fagley said:
We couldnt have guns in Massachusetts but grew up outside down by the river, pond, brook or lake.
I guess after the Minuteman guns were banned there.

-
In terms of somewhere I like to return to over and over again it would have to be Myrtle Beach. I love Myrtle Beach. It's a perfect vacation destination, especially with young kids. It's not ridiculously expensive, there's a lot to do and it's familiar and comfortable.
-
In terms of somewhere I like to return to over and over again it would have to be Myrtle Beach. I love Myrtle Beach. It's a perfect vacation destination, especially with young kids. It's not ridiculously expensive, there's a lot to do and it's familiar and comfortable.
In terms of somewhere I like to return to over and over again it would have to be Myrtle Beach. I love Myrtle Beach. It's a perfect vacation destination, especially with young kids. It's not ridiculously expensive, there's a lot to do and it's familiar and comfortable.
Given you avatar I would have thought you'd say Waco. That's pretty creepy dude.
-
Yeah it's supposed to be. I suppose you cant see the buddy Jesus it's on.
-
If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place.
-
If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place.
If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place.
That's certainly a good choice. One of my favorites. Though the one bucket list trip I have to the Carrib is St. Croix....and maybe Puerto Rico.
-
For you fishermen, I am going to southern Indiana later in the summer. Staying at a resort in French Lick, Indiana (home of Larry Bird). I am going to be doing some sightseeing with a friend, but I am also trying to get my son to go along, since we will have at least three days of "down time" (i.e. days that we are not out hitting the road hard sightseeing). On these down days I have said to him that he could do fishing in nearby lakes/rivers.
Don't know if anyone knows anything about them: Patoka Lake, Tucker Lake, French Lick Creek ???
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login