The Leftovers
-
Has anyone seen this series? I have just finished the first season, and it is so utterly bizarre and confusing.
The premise of the show is that one day 2 percent of the Earth's population simply disappears....and no one has a clue what happened. Some think it is a rapture event...but theologists deny it. Others think it is all alien abduction...but there is no proof of that either. At a hearing before a Commission of Congress, the people who come to testify just conclude: We don't know what happened. While that is the seminal event, the show is about the people who have been left behind (the Leftovers) and how they deal with it. While that sounds basic, it is not that basic. There is this weird cult group whose actions are totally nonsensical, plus a Messiah like character that supposedly can take away people's pain and grief.
So, basically, it is a situation where you can watch an entire season....and still not have hardly a clue as to what the fuck is going on.
-
Mrs gft and I started it. Gave it a few episodes, then I refused to watch more because it was so ridiculous. She carried on a few more then gave up too.
-
I liked it, but haven't seen it on in a long time so not sure it was continued or not. Awaiting the Americans starting in March.
-
I liked it, but haven't seen it on in a long time so not sure it was continued or not. Awaiting the Americans starting in March.
I liked it, but haven't seen it on in a long time so not sure it was continued or not. Awaiting the Americans starting in March.
According to what I read, there will be a third and final season beginning in April on HBO.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login