Skip to content

ESPN backs off erroneous report

The Browns Board
8 6 569
  • This was discussed some on Facebook. ESPN tried to do another hack job on the Browns by saying a few days ago: "Look...it was 21 days ago that the dumb Browns fired Bill Belichick".

    Well, of course, that wasn't actually true. On the day that Belichick was fired.....his contract had been assigned to the new Baltimore franchise created and assigned to Art Modell.

    So....technically....after the settlement decree which put the Browns franchise on inactive status, and which assigned coaches and player contracts to the new Baltimore franchise, BB was fired by Art Modell as the HC of the Baltimore later to be named Ravens.

    ESPN retracted their "tweet".

    I mean, some people should just not use Twitter. It gets them in trouble and makes then look dumb. You know what I mean?

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/2/15/14627954/espns-tweet-about-the-browns-firing-belichick-is-all-kinds-of-wrong

  • This was discussed some on Facebook. ESPN tried to do another hack job on the Browns by saying a few days ago: "Look...it was 21 days ago that the dumb Browns fired Bill Belichick".

    Well, of course, that wasn't actually true. On the day that Belichick was fired.....his contract had been assigned to the new Baltimore franchise created and assigned to Art Modell.

    So....technically....after the settlement decree which put the Browns franchise on inactive status, and which assigned coaches and player contracts to the new Baltimore franchise, BB was fired by Art Modell as the HC of the Baltimore later to be named Ravens.

    ESPN retracted their "tweet".

    I mean, some people should just not use Twitter. It gets them in trouble and makes then look dumb. You know what I mean?

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/2/15/14627954/espns-tweet-about-the-browns-firing-belichick-is-all-kinds-of-wrong

    @the-gipper said:

    I mean, some people should just not use Twitter. It gets them in trouble and makes then look dumb. You know what I mean?

    And I predict one of them may get impeached because of it. Oh the tangled webs we weave (via twitter).

  • ESPN-Every Sports Prick Network..& again who in Cleveland needs help F'ing a Modell, it's a Art..Cheers!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    I mean, some people should just not use Twitter. It gets them in trouble and makes then look dumb. You know what I mean?

    And I predict one of them may get impeached because of it. Oh the tangled webs we weave (via twitter).

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I predict one of them may get impeached because of it. Oh the tangled webs we weave (via twitter).

    Nah...that won't happen. He just won't be taken as seriously as he should be.

  • Is this really worthy? I mean who cares, the original Browns name and records were shut down and the team moved to Baltimore. Who cares what happened. after that. The real concern is how the current Browns can start winning games like the former head coach Bill Belicheck..

  • Is this really worthy? I mean who cares, the original Browns name and records were shut down and the team moved to Baltimore. Who cares what happened. after that. The real concern is how the current Browns can start winning games like the former head coach Bill Belicheck..

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    Is this really worthy? I mean who cares, the original Browns name and records were shut down and the team moved to Baltimore. Who cares what happened. after that. The real concern is how the current Browns can start winning games like the former head coach Bill Belicheck..

    Well...maybe to you the only thing that should be of concern is your death.

    I mean...who cares about anything?

    Honestly, how the Browns can start winning games truly is NOT a real concern of mine. It is an entertainment factor that I am interested in.

    So....we can talk about WTFever we choose to talk about on her.....of real concern or not.

  • Is this really worthy? I mean who cares, the original Browns name and records were shut down and the team moved to Baltimore. Who cares what happened. after that. The real concern is how the current Browns can start winning games like the former head coach Bill Belicheck..

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    Is this really worthy? I mean who cares, the original Browns name and records were shut down and the team moved to Baltimore. Who cares what happened. after that. The real concern is how the current Browns can start winning games like the former head coach Bill Belicheck..

    Facts matter.

    The Browns never fired Belichick.

    Zombo

  • @brownsfaninpa said:

    Is this really worthy? I mean who cares, the original Browns name and records were shut down and the team moved to Baltimore. Who cares what happened. after that. The real concern is how the current Browns can start winning games like the former head coach Bill Belicheck..

    Facts matter.

    The Browns never fired Belichick.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Facts matter.

    The Browns never fired Belichick.

    Zombo

    Yes. One of the things I quickly was schooled on was the Faultimore Ravens.