Gee....here is another veteran FA QB to consider?
-
Didn't Jamarcus make some noise a little while ago about going to the vet Combine?
I don't know. Hey....I wonder if the NFL could like develop a "Senior Tour" ala the PGA.
Or, at least have an Old Timer's game like baseball. Though...I think it has been a long time since baseball did "Old Timer's Games" I guess they were not considered politically correct.
But, hey, for that they could tell the Old Timers "We will have a game AND...we won't even test any of you for Steroids".
Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa....they could all play. It would be fun, no?
-
Didn't Jamarcus make some noise a little while ago about going to the vet Combine?
Not specifically, but he did want to try for a comeback. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656168/article/jamarcus-russell-clinging-to-nfl-comeback-dream
-
Ya I seen where Vince has a pro agent now. He started out so well then couldn't make the full transition. He's still relatively young so it's all about his conditioning. If he is fit he's good to go.
-
must be out of money already...
-
Yes, a veteran NFL QB want to make a comeback: Vince Young
Why do guys that have been washed up for so long think they can make it back? Is it the dearth of quality QBs?
And...oh yea...his last team: The Cleveland Browns. Yumpin' Yesus, does anyone remember that?
Yes, a veteran NFL QB want to make a comeback: Vince Young
Why do guys that have been washed up for so long think they can make it back? Is it the dearth of quality QBs?
And...oh yea...his last team: The Cleveland Browns. Yumpin' Yesus, does anyone remember that?
NO!!!
Mike
-
must be out of money already...
must be out of money already...
Nah. Texas University keeps the money flowing before, during, and after enrollment.
-
must be out of money already...
Nah. Texas University keeps the money flowing before, during, and after enrollment.
Nah. Texas University keeps the money flowing before, during, and after enrollment.
Nah, he's just broke. Turns out taking about a high interest 7 figure loan to, in part, throw a 300k birthday party makes your money go away quickly:
-
-
Yes, a veteran NFL QB want to make a comeback: Vince Young
Why do guys that have been washed up for so long think they can make it back? Is it the dearth of quality QBs?
And...oh yea...his last team: The Cleveland Browns. Yumpin' Yesus, does anyone remember that?
Yes, a veteran NFL QB want to make a comeback: Vince Young
Why do guys that have been washed up for so long think they can make it back? Is it the dearth of quality QBs?
And...oh yea...his last team: The Cleveland Browns. Yumpin' Yesus, does anyone remember that?
You do realize that if you admit that Vince Young played for the Browns, then you admit John Havlicek played for the Browns?

-
Yes, a veteran NFL QB want to make a comeback: Vince Young
Why do guys that have been washed up for so long think they can make it back? Is it the dearth of quality QBs?
And...oh yea...his last team: The Cleveland Browns. Yumpin' Yesus, does anyone remember that?
You do realize that if you admit that Vince Young played for the Browns, then you admit John Havlicek played for the Browns?

Zombo said:
You do realize that if you admit that Vince Young played for the Browns, then you admit John Havlicek played for the Browns?

Well, I guess that goes to the definition of "play". If by merely being on a roster...and maybe taking part in few practices constitutes "playing" for the Browns....then I guess they both "played" for the Browns.
For me, I think that I would like the definition of "to play...for a team" means that they made some kind of an appearance in a regular season game.
I don't think Young or Hondo even did so much as play in a preseason exhibition game...did they?
-
Zombo said:
You do realize that if you admit that Vince Young played for the Browns, then you admit John Havlicek played for the Browns?

Well, I guess that goes to the definition of "play". If by merely being on a roster...and maybe taking part in few practices constitutes "playing" for the Browns....then I guess they both "played" for the Browns.
For me, I think that I would like the definition of "to play...for a team" means that they made some kind of an appearance in a regular season game.
I don't think Young or Hondo even did so much as play in a preseason exhibition game...did they?
Well, I guess that goes to the definition of "play". If by merely being on a roster...and maybe taking part in few practices constitutes "playing" for the Browns....then I guess they both "played" for the Browns.
For me, I think that I would like the definition of "to play...for a team" means that they made some kind of an appearance in a regular season game.
I don't think Young or Hondo even did so much as play in a preseason exhibition game...did they?
No they didn't. But they were both on the roster and practiced with us. Depends where you want to draw line.
I say they were Browns.
Was Jim McMahon a Brown?
Zombo
-
Well, I guess that goes to the definition of "play". If by merely being on a roster...and maybe taking part in few practices constitutes "playing" for the Browns....then I guess they both "played" for the Browns.
For me, I think that I would like the definition of "to play...for a team" means that they made some kind of an appearance in a regular season game.
I don't think Young or Hondo even did so much as play in a preseason exhibition game...did they?
No they didn't. But they were both on the roster and practiced with us. Depends where you want to draw line.
I say they were Browns.
Was Jim McMahon a Brown?
Zombo
Zombo said:
No they didn't. But they were both on the roster and practiced with us. Depends where you want to draw line.
I say they were Browns.
Was Jim McMahon a Brown?
Zombo
We can call it "The Great Debate".
-
Nah. Texas University keeps the money flowing before, during, and after enrollment.
Nah, he's just broke. Turns out taking about a high interest 7 figure loan to, in part, throw a 300k birthday party makes your money go away quickly:
Nah, he's just broke. Turns out taking about a high interest 7 figure loan to, in part, throw a 300k birthday party makes your money go away quickly:
3 and 4 year old articles. He's had a 6 figure job in Austin for a year or two now.
-
Zombo said:
No they didn't. But they were both on the roster and practiced with us. Depends where you want to draw line.
I say they were Browns.
Was Jim McMahon a Brown?
Zombo
We can call it "The Great Debate".
We can call it "The Great Debate".
Or maybe better, The Great Masterdebate.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login