Skip to content

Pryor to Redskins

The Browns Board
312 51 12.4k
  • @flugel said:

    Well, let's see. The article in the link below indicates Cleveland has the most cap room in the NFL in an amount of $50.123 million. Understanding that, why should I panic we gave a young corner that was one of the most reliable tacklers in our defense the contract he deserved at the time? When he had better Safeties and a younger Corner opposite him - we saw what he could do in spite of a mediocre pass rush.

    What PFF probably doesn't consider is how crappy our run defense was the last 2 years while a pass rush has been MIA. Again, when we couldn't put a pass rush on John Elway - Dixon and Minnifield had some of their worst games. Now imagine if they had that same circumstance all season while they were also playing hurt - do we really need Pro Football Focus to tell us how that would handcuff their ability to succeed? Let's add the best edge rusher in this draft and some better help in the secondary via free agency and the draft before we race to conclusions about Haden.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-the-teams-with-the-most-money-to-burn-in-nfl-free-agency/

    Unfortunately I fear the Browns, due to poor record and history, are going to have to overpay established free agents. I think we all hope in the next 2 or 3 years the Browns might be one or two pieces away from really good and I'd hate to see a limited ability to bring in current talent because we are paying Haden & Pryor.

    @baconhound said:

    Unfortunately I fear the Browns, due to poor record and history, are going to have to overpay established free agents. I think we all hope in the next 2 or 3 years the Browns might be one or two pieces away from really good and I'd hate to see a limited ability to bring in current talent because we are paying Haden & Pryor.

    I think you're right that we'll probably have to pay worthwhile free agents more money. As for Haden, I think he'd be willing to restructure his contract if we ever got to being only 1 or 2 pieces away. Unfortunately, I don't think Rosenhaus would be nearly as willing to do that on behalf of Pryor.

  • @baconhound said:

    Unfortunately I fear the Browns, due to poor record and history, are going to have to overpay established free agents. I think we all hope in the next 2 or 3 years the Browns might be one or two pieces away from really good and I'd hate to see a limited ability to bring in current talent because we are paying Haden & Pryor.

    I think you're right that we'll probably have to pay worthwhile free agents more money. As for Haden, I think he'd be willing to restructure his contract if we ever got to being only 1 or 2 pieces away. Unfortunately, I don't think Rosenhaus would be nearly as willing to do that on behalf of Pryor.

    @flugel said:

    I think you're right that we'll probably have to pay worthwhile free agents more money. As for Haden, I think he'd be willing to restructure his contract if we ever got to being only 1 or 2 pieces away. Unfortunately, I don't think Rosenhaus would be nearly as willing to do that on behalf of Pryor.

    Drew is a pain in the ass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well....again....I think that is why the transition tag would be more the way to go with TP. Yes, he is not a completely proven talent.....but he is clearly a talent.

    Of course...better yet....get him signed at a value that you think he is worth.

    Completely agree on the transition tag or the non-exclusive franchise tag.

    @baconhound said:

    Completely agree on the transition tag or the non-exclusive franchise tag.

    I don't know. I think the Franchise might be the way to go.

    If we transition him, he goes out and seeks a deal. If we end up matching it, we can't use the transition tag again until his contract is up. I am not so sure I would want to use that at this time.

  • @flugel said:

    I think you're right that we'll probably have to pay worthwhile free agents more money. As for Haden, I think he'd be willing to restructure his contract if we ever got to being only 1 or 2 pieces away. Unfortunately, I don't think Rosenhaus would be nearly as willing to do that on behalf of Pryor.

    Drew is a pain in the ass.

    @baconhound said:

    Drew is a pain in the ass.

    He sure is. Do you remember when did he become Josh Gordon's agent? Was it before or after his Pro Bowl season? If he tells us how much we need Pryor we should remind him we had a Pro Bowl WR that hasn't had very good career advice from his agent. Therefore, we're hoping this client gets better advice like remembering who was his only team that wanted him to come play WR in the first place. Looks like we're the only team that stuck it's neck out for either of his clients to play WR here.

  • @baconhound said:

    Completely agree on the transition tag or the non-exclusive franchise tag.

    I don't know. I think the Franchise might be the way to go.

    If we transition him, he goes out and seeks a deal. If we end up matching it, we can't use the transition tag again until his contract is up. I am not so sure I would want to use that at this time.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know. I think the Franchise might be the way to go.

    If we transition him, he goes out and seeks a deal. If we end up matching it, we can't use the transition tag again until his contract is up. I am not so sure I would want to use that at this time.

    Yeah the non-exclusive franchise tag would provide compensation and a team would have to deal knowing if the Browns don't match they are giving up picks.

  • @baconhound said:

    Drew is a pain in the ass.

    He sure is. Do you remember when did he become Josh Gordon's agent? Was it before or after his Pro Bowl season? If he tells us how much we need Pryor we should remind him we had a Pro Bowl WR that hasn't had very good career advice from his agent. Therefore, we're hoping this client gets better advice like remembering who was his only team that wanted him to come play WR in the first place. Looks like we're the only team that stuck it's neck out for either of his clients to play WR here.

    @flugel said:

    He sure is. Do you remember when did he become Josh Gordon's agent? Was it before or after his Pro Bowl season? If he tells us how much we need Pryor we should remind him we had a Pro Bowl WR that hasn't had very good career advice from his agent. Therefore, we're hoping this client gets better advice like remembering who was his only team that wanted him to come play WR in the first place. Looks like we're the only team that stuck it's neck out for either of his clients to play WR here.

    Not sure if he was there from the beginning just remember him running his mouth when Gordon was having issues. He seems like an enabler.

  • @baconhound said:

    Completely agree on the transition tag or the non-exclusive franchise tag.

    I don't know. I think the Franchise might be the way to go.

    If we transition him, he goes out and seeks a deal. If we end up matching it, we can't use the transition tag again until his contract is up. I am not so sure I would want to use that at this time.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know. I think the Franchise might be the way to go.

    If we transition him, he goes out and seeks a deal. If we end up matching it, we can't use the transition tag again until his contract is up. I am not so sure I would want to use that at this time.

    Our other Rosenhaus client hasn't been worth ball sweat since he made the Pro Bowl in 2013. And after Braylon Edwards worked his ass off to rehab his knee injury - he gave us 16 TD receptions to look like the 3rd overall pick we so desperately needed. Unfortunately, he never looked nearly as dialed in and focused while headlines about bar fights and a diva needing brighter lights bigger city started appearing.

    The worry about Pryor shouldn't be which tag we give him - it should be who he will be after he gets the dream contract. At Ohio State, he became an entitled brat that put the "I before team." I have mixed feeling about Pryor. While I LIKE many of the things I've seen during his audition for the bigger pay day (the only play maker in our WR Corps) - there's some red flags many of us don't want to acknowledge. For example, he's not a great route runner at all so we're restricted to straight ahead routes/drags or slants. I don't see a lot of good change of direction routes like a 7 or a 9. AND, it wasn't just our inexperienced QBs holding onto the ball forever - maybe he wasn't making good decisions/adjustments to various leverages where Paz, Erving or the QB usually got 100% of the credit for the QB eating the football. A WR that could only score 4 TDs doesn't equal the type of contracts much more complete WRs deserve.

    And like Bacon said, Drew Rosenhaus is a pain in the ass. When I think of his other client Josh Gordon the lyrics that come to mind are "You can look at the menu but you just can't eat..." I say we just give Pryor a very generous offer considering we were the only NFL franchise that gave the lad an audition stage in the first place. Without that CPR another Rosenhaus WR career has flat lined. If we lose him, we lose him. It's not like we won more than 1 football game last year. I'm sick of seeing entitled players around here since 99 acting like we can't do without them. And if someone wants to complain about how many WRs we drafted that didn't make a difference last year, we also drafted the 2 edge rushers that ranked #1 and #2 at sacking the QB in D-IA football leaving us needing Myles Garrett most today right?

    This FO looks like it has been making good decisions with trades that fleeced Pittsburgh and Carolina. They upgraded Ray Farmer's version of a Center as easily as a Washington Redskins Practice Squad player. They just added a Safety that played for Seattle (and Ohio State before that) who can upgrade what was here previously. Obviously, they will need to draft better than they did as rookies but what's to say some of their choices can't get better as their surroundings get better?

  • Terrel Pryor at all costs.

    He is a great example and role model to a player like Josh Gordon.

    Both together would be an amazing to watch! Plus, a speedster like Coleman added to Gordon and Pryor would make it nearly impossible to stop.

    Pryor and Gordon go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

    @poeticg said:

    Pryor and Gordon go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

    HA! Pryor and Gordon go together like a Pyromaniac and a box of matches or Johnny Manziel and alcohol. Something is going bye bye...

    This just in. It's 2017 and Gordon hasn't scored a TD since 2013...

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know. I think the Franchise might be the way to go.

    If we transition him, he goes out and seeks a deal. If we end up matching it, we can't use the transition tag again until his contract is up. I am not so sure I would want to use that at this time.

    Yeah the non-exclusive franchise tag would provide compensation and a team would have to deal knowing if the Browns don't match they are giving up picks.

    @baconhound said:

    Yeah the non-exclusive franchise tag would provide compensation and a team would have to deal knowing if the Browns don't match they are giving up picks.

    Which means no team is going to make an offer.

    TP on a big contract or two 1st-round picks? Not a tough choice...

  • @baconhound said:

    Yeah the non-exclusive franchise tag would provide compensation and a team would have to deal knowing if the Browns don't match they are giving up picks.

    Which means no team is going to make an offer.

    TP on a big contract or two 1st-round picks? Not a tough choice...

    @tour2ma said:

    Which means no team is going to make an offer.

    TP on a big contract or two 1st-round picks? Not a tough choice...

    So you get Pryor at the traditional franchise tag price and hopefully it sends a message that the market for him may not be as great as he thinks.

  • @poeticg said:

    Pryor and Gordon go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

    HA! Pryor and Gordon go together like a Pyromaniac and a box of matches or Johnny Manziel and alcohol. Something is going bye bye...

    This just in. It's 2017 and Gordon hasn't scored a TD since 2013...

    @flugel said:

    HA! Pryor and Gordon go together like a Pyromaniac and a box of matches or Johnny Manziel and alcohol. Something is going bye bye...

    This just in. It's 2017 and Gordon hasn't scored a TD since 2013...

    That's ok Gordon will be awesome along with Richardson and Manziel. They are all going to come back and lead the Browns to the promised land.

    and then PG woke up all sticky....

  • @poeticg said:

    Pryor and Gordon go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

    HA! Pryor and Gordon go together like a Pyromaniac and a box of matches or Johnny Manziel and alcohol. Something is going bye bye...

    This just in. It's 2017 and Gordon hasn't scored a TD since 2013...

    @flugel said:

    HA! Pryor and Gordon go together like a Pyromaniac and a box of matches or Johnny Manziel and alcohol. Something is going bye bye...

    This just in. It's 2017 and Gordon hasn't scored a TD since 2013...

    ....but that's only on the FIELD, Tom. NOT in the eyes of his loyal followers! How many more years of inactivity before he qualifies for the HOF?

    Mike

  • @poeticg said:

    Terrel Pryor at all costs.

    He is a great example and role model to a player like Josh Gordon.

    Both together would be an amazing to watch! Plus, a speedster like Coleman added to Gordon and Pryor would make it nearly impossible to stop.

    Pryor and Gordon go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

    Throw in Trent and you could have a free for all you fucking faggot.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Throw in Trent and you could have a free for all you fucking faggot.

    I see you haven't gotten any more intelligent since we used to spar....

    Btw, I still feel bad for you man.

  • @flugel said:

    Well, let's see. The article in the link below indicates Cleveland has the most cap room in the NFL in an amount of $50.123 million. Understanding that, why should I panic we gave a young corner that was one of the most reliable tacklers in our defense the contract he deserved at the time? When he had better Safeties and a younger Corner opposite him - we saw what he could do in spite of a mediocre pass rush.

    What PFF probably doesn't consider is how crappy our run defense was the last 2 years while a pass rush has been MIA. Again, when we couldn't put a pass rush on John Elway - Dixon and Minnifield had some of their worst games. Now imagine if they had that same circumstance all season while they were also playing hurt - do we really need Pro Football Focus to tell us how that would handcuff their ability to succeed? Let's add the best edge rusher in this draft and some better help in the secondary via free agency and the draft before we race to conclusions about Haden.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-the-teams-with-the-most-money-to-burn-in-nfl-free-agency/

    Unfortunately I fear the Browns, due to poor record and history, are going to have to overpay established free agents. I think we all hope in the next 2 or 3 years the Browns might be one or two pieces away from really good and I'd hate to see a limited ability to bring in current talent because we are paying Haden & Pryor.

    @baconhound said:

    Unfortunately I fear the Browns, due to poor record and history, are going to have to overpay established free agents. I think we all hope in the next 2 or 3 years the Browns might be one or two pieces away from really good and I'd hate to see a limited ability to bring in current talent because we are paying Haden & Pryor.

    Agreed it's good to be cautious- but we do have more cap room than anyone. I'm sure Rosenhaus will bring that up. OTOH the Steelers went all in with those huge contracts on their books with Bell, Brown, and Rothlisberger.

    @canton-mike said:

    ....but that's only on the FIELD, Tom. NOT in the eyes of his loyal followers! How many more years of inactivity before he qualifies for the HOF?

    Mike

    LOL, or Social Security? Whoops, you need 40 quarters to qualify. 🙂

  • Where are we actually at with this now, deadline to tag him is today I believe?

  • IMO, The Committee doesn't like him...because he opens his mouth and criticizes them for getting the QB's killed.

  • IMO, The Committee doesn't like him...because he opens his mouth and criticizes them for getting the QB's killed.

    @orion said:

    IMO, The Committee doesn't like him...because he opens his mouth and criticizes them for getting the QB's killed.

    They criticize him for being right? Letting the Schwartz go. Letting Mack go (they could have franchise tagged him Bito getting injured, the drafting of awful Cam Erving. Only the first two matters are on the hands of this FO.

  • The "committee"?

  • The "committee"?

    @tour2ma said:

    The "committee"?

    Yes, I wondered about that....who is on this committee? Sachi, Berry, Hue....the DC/OC....other personell/scout people...and of course, ultimately, Jimmy Haslam?

  • So...if the Browns Franchise Tagged Pryor it would have to be for 15.6 mill per year. But, according to this, if they Transition tag him, it would still cost them 13.1 Mill per year. But other teams could sign him to an offer sheet that the Browns have the right to match.

    Would you Transition him for 13.1 mill?

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/browns-still-dont-plan-to-tag-terrelle-pryor/