Camp My Homies
-
I'll take Mahomes ll all day long over the other rookies. Kosar (remember him)? Had horrid mechanics too. It can be done
-
Someone who doesn't have an NFL arm and whose only Plus skill is scrambling? We've never seen that in a Browns jersey! Where do I sign?
-
Pretty much. Zero interest from this fan.
-
Someone who doesn't have an NFL arm and whose only Plus skill is scrambling? We've never seen that in a Browns jersey! Where do I sign?
Someone who doesn't have an NFL arm and whose only Plus skill is scrambling? We've never seen that in a Browns jersey! Where do I sign?
If you think his arm is sub-par then you haven't watched him at all. Plenty of other things to be concerned about but even with his horrible mechanics he can throw from anywhere (and on any footing) to anywhere on the field.
-
Anyone that says Manziel didn't have an NFL arm is crazy. His arm was plenty strong, and just about all of use problems reside between the ears. The truly said thing about Manziel was that he appeared to be getting just a little comfortable towards the end of his playing days. He was moving the ball, hitting receivers, and not putting himself in jeopardy. I'm not saying he was "terrific" or anything, but he was making legit progress. If that progress were to continue into the next year, there's really no telling where he could've ended up on the talent spectrum. Laugh all you want, but I think he was starting to get it on the field. As we all know, that's never enough. Although he did show improvement, he didn't score enough touchdowns. He couldn't convert when we needed it, and he obviously couldn't control his self-destructive behavior. As I've said before, the extremely sad aspect to Manziel was that Hue Jackson would've been great for his QB development. Manziel does a lot of what Hue likes on the field. He attacks the middle, can throw off the run, isn't afraid to run a read-option, and can throw it deep. He would've been excellent in Hue's offense, and that's just another tragedy in a long line of other ones we don't need to talk about.
Mahomes doesn't just have an "OK arm", he actually has a pretty LIVE arm. He isn't without a myriad of issues, but I don't think arm strength is one of them. I wouldn't be upset if Browns took this kid (sometime AFTER #1 of course), but if we do select him, we better have another veteran coming in because he doesn't appear to be CLOSE to being NFL starter ready, and he's basically indicated as much. Mahomes recently stated that he's ready to be coached, and knows he has things to work on. From what I've read, he's solid gold off the field, and he's not going to have any skeletons. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Mahomes quickly becomes the darling of the draft, much as Wentz was last year.
Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'd be comfortable with drafting Mahomes and naming Kessler as the starter. Kessler had some decent moments last year, and if the guy had a kicker and a damn defense, I think he would've won a couple more games. How will Kessler look with an entire NFL offseason under his belt? A year in the weight room and throwing the rock? An offseason named our starter which enables him to take all the minicamp and OTA reps? Start Kessler out of the gates, work with Mahomes, and also see how Hogan develops? I wouldn't hate it one bit. It's a risk, but why not? Maybe cut Hogan and just keep RG III? He's cheap enough. I dunno...just thinking out loud.
-
Sign me up for Mahomes at 33.
-
I'd love that, but he won't make it that farSign me up for Mahomes at 33.
The only scenario he doesn't go in the first round is if no QB's go in the top 10. However, if we or Chicago take a QB high, the rest of them are going to go fast, and Mahomes will be easily gone in the first.
At least that's how I see it.
-
I'd love that, but he won't make it that farSign me up for Mahomes at 33.
The only scenario he doesn't go in the first round is if no QB's go in the top 10. However, if we or Chicago take a QB high, the rest of them are going to go fast, and Mahomes will be easily gone in the first.
At least that's how I see it.
Mitch2Pryor said:
I'd love that, but he won't make it that far
The only scenario he doesn't go in the first round is if no QB's go in the top 10. However, if we or Chicago take a QB high, the rest of them are going to go fast, and Mahomes will be easily gone in the first.
At least that's how I see it.
Four QBs in the first round? I'd say...50/50. When I say 33, I could also be happy throwing in a fourth rounder and moving up into the back end of the first (fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option)
-
Live arm poor mechanics sounds like Kapernick...
-
poor brain mechanics, too....
btw, I am still all in on Trubisky, but taking him at the top of the draft seems
silly.
And, sorry, forgot to give Flugels credit for the "my homies" thing - it was really funny
the first time he mentioned it to me.
-
poor brain mechanics, too....
btw, I am still all in on Trubisky, but taking him at the top of the draft seems
silly.
And, sorry, forgot to give Flugels credit for the "my homies" thing - it was really funny
the first time he mentioned it to me.
-
dammit. I could have used a million dollar signing bonus, too. I was going
to buy a nice cabin on a lake in Kentucky...
-
Mitch2Pryor said:
I'd love that, but he won't make it that far
The only scenario he doesn't go in the first round is if no QB's go in the top 10. However, if we or Chicago take a QB high, the rest of them are going to go fast, and Mahomes will be easily gone in the first.
At least that's how I see it.
Four QBs in the first round? I'd say...50/50. When I say 33, I could also be happy throwing in a fourth rounder and moving up into the back end of the first (fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option)
Four QBs in the first round? I'd say...50/50. When I say 33, I could also be happy throwing in a fourth rounder and moving up into the back end of the first (fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option fifth year option)
I don't think it's a sure thing that he's going to go #4 at QB.
It's really a crapshoot with regards to the order these QB's could go in. A lot still has to be solidified.
Any of the four could be the first QB to go, or the last. They all have tremendous upside, paired with terrifying negatives.
-
To be honest I'm OK with any of them at 33.
-
Anyone that says Manziel didn't have an NFL arm is crazy. His arm was plenty strong, and just about all of use problems reside between the ears. The truly said thing about Manziel was that he appeared to be getting just a little comfortable towards the end of his playing days. He was moving the ball, hitting receivers, and not putting himself in jeopardy. I'm not saying he was "terrific" or anything, but he was making legit progress. If that progress were to continue into the next year, there's really no telling where he could've ended up on the talent spectrum. Laugh all you want, but I think he was starting to get it on the field. As we all know, that's never enough. Although he did show improvement, he didn't score enough touchdowns. He couldn't convert when we needed it, and he obviously couldn't control his self-destructive behavior. As I've said before, the extremely sad aspect to Manziel was that Hue Jackson would've been great for his QB development. Manziel does a lot of what Hue likes on the field. He attacks the middle, can throw off the run, isn't afraid to run a read-option, and can throw it deep. He would've been excellent in Hue's offense, and that's just another tragedy in a long line of other ones we don't need to talk about.
Mahomes doesn't just have an "OK arm", he actually has a pretty LIVE arm. He isn't without a myriad of issues, but I don't think arm strength is one of them. I wouldn't be upset if Browns took this kid (sometime AFTER #1 of course), but if we do select him, we better have another veteran coming in because he doesn't appear to be CLOSE to being NFL starter ready, and he's basically indicated as much. Mahomes recently stated that he's ready to be coached, and knows he has things to work on. From what I've read, he's solid gold off the field, and he's not going to have any skeletons. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Mahomes quickly becomes the darling of the draft, much as Wentz was last year.
Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'd be comfortable with drafting Mahomes and naming Kessler as the starter. Kessler had some decent moments last year, and if the guy had a kicker and a damn defense, I think he would've won a couple more games. How will Kessler look with an entire NFL offseason under his belt? A year in the weight room and throwing the rock? An offseason named our starter which enables him to take all the minicamp and OTA reps? Start Kessler out of the gates, work with Mahomes, and also see how Hogan develops? I wouldn't hate it one bit. It's a risk, but why not? Maybe cut Hogan and just keep RG III? He's cheap enough. I dunno...just thinking out loud.
Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'd be comfortable with drafting Mahomes and naming Kessler as the starter. Kessler had some decent moments last year, and if the guy had a kicker and a damn defense, I think he would've won a couple more games. How will Kessler look with an entire NFL offseason under his belt? A year in the weight room and throwing the rock? An offseason named our starter which enables him to take all the minicamp and OTA reps? Start Kessler out of the gates, work with Mahomes, and also see how Hogan develops? I wouldn't hate it one bit. It's a risk, but why not? Maybe cut Hogan and just keep RG III? He's cheap enough. I dunno...just thinking out loud.No sense keeping Griffin around as a backup. He's either our bridge starter, or he's gone. My bet is gone- regardless.
-
Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'd be comfortable with drafting Mahomes and naming Kessler as the starter. Kessler had some decent moments last year, and if the guy had a kicker and a damn defense, I think he would've won a couple more games. How will Kessler look with an entire NFL offseason under his belt? A year in the weight room and throwing the rock? An offseason named our starter which enables him to take all the minicamp and OTA reps? Start Kessler out of the gates, work with Mahomes, and also see how Hogan develops? I wouldn't hate it one bit. It's a risk, but why not? Maybe cut Hogan and just keep RG III? He's cheap enough. I dunno...just thinking out loud.
No sense keeping Griffin around as a backup. He's either our bridge starter, or he's gone. My bet is gone- regardless.
No sense keeping Griffin around as a backup. He's either our bridge starter, or he's gone. My bet is gone- regardless.
I think he's either out and out starter and we don't draft a guy, or he's gone. We need someone to not fuck us up in games and let the team grow, that's Kessler for a year.
-
No sense keeping Griffin around as a backup. He's either our bridge starter, or he's gone. My bet is gone- regardless.
I think he's either out and out starter and we don't draft a guy, or he's gone. We need someone to not fuck us up in games and let the team grow, that's Kessler for a year.
-
Seen the Gruden camp video of him yesterday. The kid comes accross really confident and cocky altogether. He is a project for sure, but has a very nice arm. We will see.
-
Allbright chimes in on the best QB prospect in the draft...
Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
Pat Mahomes, and it's not particularly close for me, either.
-
Allbright chimes in on the best QB prospect in the draft...
Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
Pat Mahomes, and it's not particularly close for me, either.
Allbright chimes in on the best QB prospect in the draft...
Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
Pat Mahomes, and it's not particularly close for me, either.
Ya, Tour we heard the same thing about Johnny Football, who's playing style he resembles. "Highest ceiling, lowest floor." I think they way he played in college translates 0% to the pros.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login