Skip to content

No love for the Cleveland Browns

The Browns Board
22 16 1.8k
  • Soldier boy has been making the same post for two years. I have never seen him ever comment on anything football related, just little potshots at us stupid fans and gross exagerrations of our supposed predictions and optimism.

    I used to think he was a Puker cuz the name choice is stupid to begin with if you're a real fan, but now I just believe he is a very depressed individual who thrives in the "I told you so" vibe and being miserable.

  • No love for the Cleveland Browns: Dayton Daily News reporter Chick Ludwig predicts that the Browns will finish 6-10 this coming season and that offensive lineman Eric Steinbach's time with the Browns is about to end. Ludwig also wrote:

    As for the team itself, it has three things going against them.

    An owner that has no idea about what he's doing.

    An arrogant, egotistical head coach who wiped out the club's entire public relations staff, then proceeded to conduct a poor draft.

    A quarterback controversy featuring two sub-par signal callers in Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, neither of whom are capable of leading the Browns to the playoffs.

    The Browns should have drafted Mark Sanchez and gotten rid of Anderson & Quinn.

    I think randy is learning..

    I like mangini

    They fixed a bunch of leaks by canning all the PR people that never really did PR to begin with..

    Im quite content to believe BQ may be the answer for us...sanchez is still aquestion mark too..

    6-10 doesnt sound out of the question but im thinking we will be better than people think...😉

    @gips said:

    No love for the Cleveland Browns: Dayton Daily News reporter Chick Ludwig predicts that the Browns will finish 6-10 this coming season and that offensive lineman Eric Steinbach's time with the Browns is about to end. Ludwig also wrote:

    As for the team itself, it has three things going against them.

    An owner that has no idea about what he's doing.

    >> To win games we need the coach and the players to know what they are doing.

    An arrogant, egotistical head coach who wiped out the club's entire public relations staff, then proceeded to conduct a poor draft.

    >> you dont win games by having sweet PR staff. The results of a test (draft) will only be known after conducting the experiment ( a full season atleast)

    A quarterback controversy featuring two sub-par signal callers in Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn, neither of whom are capable of leading the Browns to the playoffs.

    The Browns should have drafted Mark Sanchez and gotten rid of Anderson & Quinn.

    >> Mark Sanchez is still an unknown. BQ or DA would have been traded had the right offer come along.

    Am i qualified to have my own column in that news paper ? I think Im capable of making a lot more points.

  • Everyone has valid points. I agree. (except the name calling)

    I am always optimistic/hopefull about the Browns. however,

    I just live in the present time, and don't give prop's until they are due. And, I will give props to those who deserve them even if I wish they didn't do so well (Pitt/N.E.)

    I do know that Joe Thomas is doing very well.

    I know that Josh Cribbs is among the best kick/punt returners in the league.

    I know Shaun Rogers is a great lineman for the 3-4. One of the top in the league.

    I won't say that Eric Mangini is a good head coach just yet.

    I won't say that Quinn is a Pro-bowl level QB yet.

    I won't say that Braylon is a top level reciever, or a complete bust, just yet.

    I like to deal with what's real. Others like to talk about what they would like to be real.

    Probably irritating has heck, but we all have our own way.

    Cavs are up 1 to nothing. I think they dominated and will beat Atlanta. When they do, I'll say the Cavs are one step closer, not until then.

    Go Cavs!

  • Well since the Bengals writer says it will happen then it must be true......

  • Save these articles for December 2009. PLEASE.

  • @jadbf said:

    But wait, that's not living in the present time. You're making a prediction there.

    Just because you don't want to go on record making any prediction about how you think this new regime is doing, doesn't make you any better than anyone who thinks things are going well.

    It's all predictions. I'm man enough to admit I was totally wrong about Savage. And It's quite possible I'll be wrong again.

    Almost!

    However, I have seen the Cavs play over the course of the season. I have seen them win over the past several years. I can see their success.

    I said they dominated. They did.

    Based on having the best record in the NBA, and having the league MVP, is why I think they will win. Based on facts.

    What are you basing your opinions on? Mangini? Learner? Quinn? Rookies? The Browns succesful upcoming season?

    Sorry, but I won't say we've improved until we at least play a game.

    And to Cleveland Sound. We don't have to wait until December 2009 to see how meaningful predictions are.

    We can look at April, May, July, August of 2008 to see how valid they were.

    I am not saying the Browns will not do well. Really hope they do, and they might. Hope you're all correct in your predictions.

  • Point well taken.

    Looking back, I do mock. It just comes out that way. I'll try not to anymore.

    Don't mean to sound condesending and I know that I don't know what will happen, so I don't think I know more than anyone else.

    Hows this: Browns 10-6 , Lewis come back player of the year. huh?

    Go Cavs!

  • P PBJ

    I understand why he is so angry. He lives in Dayton.

    @pbj said:

    I understand why he is so angry. He lives in Dayton.

    Beat's living in Cincinnati 😆

  • Save these articles for December 2009. PLEASE.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Save these articles for December 2009. PLEASE.

    I agree...december 2009 will prove this xxxx is an idiot thats trapped in yesteryears mistakes..thats all im going to say is last year by 3 games in 90% of us thought the browns had the talent but lacked coaching/direction not to mention a rigged qb situation many of us didnt like....but before the horror of the season began nobody took into effect that the browns had absolutely no coaching to begin with including the so called pro's...its something we sometimes take for granted because the braintrust is always grinding the guys and spewing hellfire on gaining victory and discipline at any cost... right?

    Romeo/savage should have taught us all a lesson about assuming the braintrust is sound and active and always pursuing the teams best interests on the field and off..especially randy lerner who lerned a hard bitter lesson and unlike his father obviously took it personally and brought in mankok in a way i loved to see.. coach first!

    Aterall its the coaches ass in a sling from the getgo so let the man have fairly big say in whom he fields...period.

    Enter the draft everyone wanted clay clay and or rey rey gimme gimme gimme big names..none of us know what to expect under a newly formed mankok regime...while im not against big names at all and assumed mankok would wrongfully go defensive i called for WRs and a C in my signature at the time some may recall realizing we have plenty of talent on defense and yes even an insane pass rush under a valid coach ,proper training by assistants and a smart scheme and obviously mangini did his homework and figures the same to add joy to happy mankok has since even greatly improved on our qb rushing ability but some cant see that just yet but they will come live season..

    To sum this rant/rave up i will say in short...mankok made the right choices of draft under the circumstances and is improving this club by the minute i am more hopeful now then i have ever been for the browns chances of taking it to the afc north under this regime...i believe randy brought us the right guys to build a permenant foundation this club has lacked since 1996...for once in a blue moon im pumped for the upcoming season!

  • @inspecta said:

    Listen, anybody with a football mind can look at the moves this organization has made and say "they look pretty good"

    We upgraded our center. Fraley was getting tossed around like a rag doll against the top tier competition last year.

    We needed help at WR, and while Massaquo (sp?) might be a big ? I think we can all agree that Robo is the most polished receiver in the draft and should help us immediatly.

    Could we all be wrong? Sure we can, and I don't think anybody has popped the cork on the champagne yet, but I think the general feel of the direction we are moving towards is a good thing. Time will ultimately tell if that's the case.

    Respectfully... what is different about your thinking May 09 opposed to May 08, opposed May 07. opposed to May 06?

    From what I read over those years, everyone had this same thought, just different player names.

    I'm not being negative, just wondering if you felt this way in previous years. It seems like most here did.