Skip to content

Greatest Sequels of all time

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
30 12 2.0k
  • Movie sequels. Usually they're bad. Sometimes they're really bad. Sometimes they're really good. Very rarely they may even surpass the originals. What in your opinion are the best sequels of all time?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Movie sequels. Usually they're bad. Sometimes they're really bad. Sometimes they're really good. Very rarely they may even surpass the originals. What in your opinion are the best sequels of all time?

    I thought both Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were better than A New Hope.

    Also, Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan, Mad Max 2, lOTR: The Two Towers.

  • Empire was much better than A new hope. Jedi descended into silliness though, in my opinion. If I had to rank the three I'd go Empire, A new Hope, Jedi

    Wrath of Khan was ok. I was never in love with the old star trek movies. That's one area I think Abrams really surpassed the originals. Maybe not so much with Star Wars. Mad Max I'm not really into. I'll take your word for it. I remember vaguely seeing thunderdome when I was a kid and never watched it again. I recently watched Fury road or whatever and that didn't work for me either.

    My personal picks would be:

    Evil Dead 2

    Aliens

    The Dark Knight

    Evil Dead 2 and the Dark Knight clearly surpassed their predecessors while Aliens was very close, but I still think Alien was better. Prometheus was also pretty good, in the alien canon.

  • Rocky

    Godfather

    WSS

  • You think Rocky 2, or any of the sequels surpassed 'Rocky'?

  • No

    WSS

  • I honestly like Return of the Jedi more than A New Hope, and maybe more than Empire. I also think the new Rogue One movie comes in third place behind those and ahead of A New Hope and every one of the prequel abominations.

    Also, I thought Prometheus was terrible. I agree on Fury Road, though, the whole thing with the guy with the electric guitar strapped to the car was over the top dumb, imo.

    As for Star Trek, I think Abrams did a good job modernizing the franchise, but for when the originals came out, they were mostly just as good imo.

  • Two sequels have won the Oscar for Best Picture: Godfather 2, LOTR Return of the King.

    So, by a certain objective standard, those two have to be given the cake as the best sequels.

  • Prometheus was no 'alien' or 'aliens' but it was wildly better than aliens vs predator or any of the other crap that descended into

  • Prometheus was no 'alien' or 'aliens' but it was wildly better than aliens vs predator or any of the other crap that descended into

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Prometheus was no 'alien' or 'aliens' but it was wildly better than aliens vs predator or any of the other crap that descended into

    No, I thought Aliens vs. Predator was cool. Prometheus was just kinda creepy.

  • Aliens vs predator was very bad

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Prometheus was no 'alien' or 'aliens' but it was wildly better than aliens vs predator or any of the other crap that descended into

    No, I thought Aliens vs. Predator was cool. Prometheus was just kinda creepy.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, I thought Aliens vs. Predator was cool. Prometheus was just kinda creepy.

    No kidding... Charlize Theron dies because she couldn't fucking turn right? Or left? Yeah, that was how bad that movie was....

  • Empire Strikes Back

    Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

  • Every episode of The Little Rascals!!! OH YEAH! LOL

    The hell with all this "critically acclaimed" shit.

    Mike

  • AxeA Axe

    @the-gipper said:

    No, I thought Aliens vs. Predator was cool. Prometheus was just kinda creepy.

    No kidding... Charlize Theron dies because she couldn't fucking turn right? Or left? Yeah, that was how bad that movie was....

    @axe said:

    No kidding... Charlize Theron dies because she couldn't fucking turn right? Or left? Yeah, that was how bad that movie was....

    That's exactly what I thought when the big thing was rolling after them. Ridiculous.

  • That's your take away from that movie? Seriously? I've seen people die in much more absurd situations in real life

  • Nightmare on Elm St. 232

  • That's your take away from that movie? Seriously? I've seen people die in much more absurd situations in real life

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    That's your take away from that movie? Seriously? I've seen people die in much more absurd situations in real life

    No, no.. Don't get me for one wrong... I thought the premise behind Prometheus was good.. Awesome in fact.. Just very poorly executed.... Almost as bad as "John Carter of Mars" .. Incredible books.. Terrible effin movie..

  • I'm not saying it was a great sequel, it's certainly doesn't make my short list but it was way better than aliens vs predator or alien resurrection

  • Eddie and the Cruisers 2. Awesome movie!

  • since Im a simple man with simple tastes I say "Dirty Harry" and each movie (sequel?) after