Skip to content

Biggest Oscar Screwup of all time?

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
8 7 910
  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Couldn't believe what I saw. After Kimmel trotted the tourists through there I thought it might have been a rehearsed joke. The crew from La La Land were pretty classy on stage, I might have wanted to slug Beatty in the mouth.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #2

    Moonlight was terrible and would never have won anything except for political correctness. Really disappointed.

    WSS

  • Moonlight was terrible and would never have won anything except for political correctness. Really disappointed.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @westside-steve said:

    Moonlight was terrible and would never have won anything except for political correctness. Really disappointed.

    WSS

    I didn't see any of the movies that were up for it except La La Land...and I personally did not think it was worthy. I guess I will have to see Moonlight....but I suspect you are right about the reason it won.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Black and gay? Guaranteed win these days

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #5

    Not because it's good but because it's culturally important and has a voice outside of the evil white patriarchy

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Fuck Hollywood.

  • Couldn't believe what I saw. After Kimmel trotted the tourists through there I thought it might have been a rehearsed joke. The crew from La La Land were pretty classy on stage, I might have wanted to slug Beatty in the mouth.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @hoorta said:

    Couldn't believe what I saw. After Kimmel trotted the tourists through there I thought it might have been a rehearsed joke. The crew from La La Land were pretty classy on stage, I might have wanted to slug Beatty in the mouth.

    How was it Beattys fault? He read what he got handed. Any case, this was all a mark. Preplanned

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #8

    1. Robin Williams - deserved it for Moscow on the Hudson, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Fisher King & Mrs. Doubtfire

    2. Denzel Washington - Training Day - deserved it for Cry Freedom or Malcolm X

    3. Halle Berry - Monster's Ball - she didn't deserve it