Skip to content

Camp Trade UP

The Browns Board
43 18 1.5k
  • I am good with the 5 of the first 65.....but what I advocate is to see if they can get more picks in rounds 2-3 by trading up with their 5/6/7 rounders.

    I mean, at this point, I think the Browns have been doing better historically with certain UDFAs they have signed than with their 4/5/6/7 round draft picks.

    the Crowe

    Tashaun

    Meder

    several others.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am good with the 5 of the first 65.....but what I advocate is to see if they can get more picks in rounds 2-3 by trading up with their 5/6/7 rounders.

    I mean, at this point, I think the Browns have been doing better historically with certain UDFAs they have signed than with their 4/5/6/7 round draft picks.

    the Crowe

    Tashaun

    Meder

    several others.

    I see what you're saying now. I'm just seriously jaded about how things have been effed up (as are others around here).

    How are we to know if these guys are the right guys to run the team if we keep trading away? That's all...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am good with the 5 of the first 65.....but what I advocate is to see if they can get more picks in rounds 2-3 by trading up with their 5/6/7 rounders.

    I mean, at this point, I think the Browns have been doing better historically with certain UDFAs they have signed than with their 4/5/6/7 round draft picks.

    the Crowe

    Tashaun

    Meder

    several others.

    I see what you're saying now. I'm just seriously jaded about how things have been effed up (as are others around here).

    How are we to know if these guys are the right guys to run the team if we keep trading away? That's all...

    @bob806 said:

    I see what you're saying now. I'm just seriously jaded about how things have been effed up (as are others around here).

    How are we to know if these guys are the right guys to run the team if we keep trading away? That's all...

    It is a legitimate concern. I have heard on the radio and seen some websites that says that despite the Browns drafting 14 players last year...not a single one of their rookies rated in the Top 50 rookie performers for the 2016 season.

    I don't know if those are fantasy football rankings or otherwise...but still.....not a single one of our rookies made any significant impact last year....if those stats are to be believed.

  • Yep let's trade up from 33 with some of those late rounders. Perhaps we can find Gip's QB at say, oh I don't know, maybe #22? 😁

  • Someone might overpay for 33. They'll have a whole day to worry about someone going early.

  • Yep let's trade up from 33 with some of those late rounders. Perhaps we can find Gip's QB at say, oh I don't know, maybe #22? 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep let's trade up from 33 with some of those late rounders. Perhaps we can find Gip's QB at say, oh I don't know, maybe #22? 😁

    If we end up with #22, I'm blaming Ag for having the audacity to even SUGGEST such a thing! 😡

    Mike

  • NO TRADES whatsoever.

    We have 5 of the first 65, so I believe you stand pat and look at your draft board, grab the highest rated guys and go from there.

    I know it's just year two for Hue, DePodesta, & Sashi. They did the trades last year to set up this year, so EXECUTE it and quit sacrificing the present for the future.

    @bob806 said:

    NO TRADES whatsoever.

    We have 5 of the first 65, so I believe you stand pat and look at your draft board, grab the highest rated guys and go from there.

    I know it's just year two for Hue, DePodesta, & Sashi. They did the trades last year to set up this year, so EXECUTE it and quit sacrificing the present for the future.

    Amen brother Bob..First they cut the cupboards far to bare with the likes of Schobert over Robertson,Hawk over Gabe & Schwartz over a few buc$'s. In not part of a youth movement in anybodies opinion. Secondly they valued (14) lower picks over top talent picks in 16 draft, due to them bearing their own cupboards. Now show us what you get paid to do. Put a watchable & win-able product on the field..(Oh by the way. you got about 100M in Cap Space to save your jobs if you want it..) Thanks Bob, Damn i feel b(i)etter πŸ˜†

  • I think we could end up with 4 first rounders if we could find teams interested in trading down. Take 33 and go up to like 18, and the 52 to say 30. Those two jumps could be made without giving up anything next year. I say go for it.

  • I'm all for trading up with the later-round picks, I just don't expect to jump into the 2nd round by packaging them together (who would be dumb enough to do that...?).

    As someone pointed out earlier, players picked in rounds 4+ don't often contribute much. With this front office still learning the intricacies of the NFL, I would anticipate that their ability to find usable talent in rounds 4+ is close to non-existent. Our best bet may be to trade a 5th for a 4th in 2018.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep let's trade up from 33 with some of those late rounders. Perhaps we can find Gip's QB at say, oh I don't know, maybe #22? 😁

    If we end up with #22, I'm blaming Ag for having the audacity to even SUGGEST such a thing! 😡

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    If we end up with #22, I'm blaming Ag for having the audacity to even SUGGEST such a thing! 😡

    Mike

    I haven't talked to Russia in 10 years. πŸ˜›

  • Yep let's trade up from 33 with some of those late rounders. Perhaps we can find Gip's QB at say, oh I don't know, maybe #22? 😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep let's trade up from 33 with some of those late rounders. Perhaps we can find Gip's QB at say, oh I don't know, maybe #22? 😁

    "My" QB won't be there anywhere near #22. Lop of one of the 2s and that might be where he goes.

  • I'm all for trading up with the later-round picks, I just don't expect to jump into the 2nd round by packaging them together (who would be dumb enough to do that...?).

    As someone pointed out earlier, players picked in rounds 4+ don't often contribute much. With this front office still learning the intricacies of the NFL, I would anticipate that their ability to find usable talent in rounds 4+ is close to non-existent. Our best bet may be to trade a 5th for a 4th in 2018.

    @suomi said:

    I'm all for trading up with the later-round picks, I just don't expect to jump into the 2nd round by packaging them together (who would be dumb enough to do that...?).

    As someone pointed out earlier, players picked in rounds 4+ don't often contribute much. With this front office still learning the intricacies of the NFL, I would anticipate that their ability to find usable talent in rounds 4+ is close to non-existent. Our best bet may be to trade a 5th for a 4th in 2018.

    While no one may trade a #2 for like 5/6/7....they may be willing to take those in a trade with the Browns who could move up....as mentioned....going from 33 to higher....or 52 or 65 to a higher place.

  • @bob806 said:

    NO TRADES whatsoever.

    We have 5 of the first 65, so I believe you stand pat and look at your draft board, grab the highest rated guys and go from there.

    I know it's just year two for Hue, DePodesta, & Sashi. They did the trades last year to set up this year, so EXECUTE it and quit sacrificing the present for the future.

    Amen brother Bob..First they cut the cupboards far to bare with the likes of Schobert over Robertson,Hawk over Gabe & Schwartz over a few buc$'s. In not part of a youth movement in anybodies opinion. Secondly they valued (14) lower picks over top talent picks in 16 draft, due to them bearing their own cupboards. Now show us what you get paid to do. Put a watchable & win-able product on the field..(Oh by the way. you got about 100M in Cap Space to save your jobs if you want it..) Thanks Bob, Damn i feel b(i)etter πŸ˜†

    @gumby73 said:

    Amen brother Bob..First they cut the cupboards far to bare with the likes of Schobert over Robertson,Hawk over Gabe & Schwartz over a few buc$'s. In not part of a youth movement in anybodies opinion. Secondly they valued (14) lower picks over top talent picks in 16 draft, due to them bearing their own cupboards. Now show us what you get paid to do. Put a watchable & win-able product on the field..(Oh by the way. you got about 100M in Cap Space to save your jobs if you want it..) Thanks Bob, Damn i feel b(i)etter πŸ˜†

    Hey it's all good. We all just want to talk AFC North title, playoffs & beyond. This draft talk from Oct-April is getting real old.

    PS- I renewed my seats yet again. Go Browns.

  • I like the Browns opportunities where they are. I just hope they don't panic because they're perfectly set up to have a monster draft. 12 is a lock for a QB selection or trade if we don't acquire one in FA. But I'm actually hoping we go D at 1 & 12 and then QB with the first pick in the second round. They are all risky and one of them will drop out of Round 1. As they said last year, don't reach for a QB in the first round unless you think they can be a top 15 QB.

  • I would be in favor of trading low round picks and moving up a round for 2018. I thought this worked well for Mangini and we perhaps should have considered it last year.

  • I think we should prepare for several trades, and that's been our M.O. for a few years. Yes, I realize the actual PICKS haven't worked out, but the trades themselves have worked in terms of assets received vs given away. It all comes down to making the right selections, and I'm interested to see what happens now that our front office has a bit of experience and a full year of evaluation under their belts. Fans have the right to be skeptical, but I remain hopeful. As far as trading UP, I can be sold on this if the deal makes sense. If we determine that there's a QB we HAVE to have, and we also determine that under no circumstances will we pass on Garrett/Allen/Adams, then I don't have an issue moving up from 12, or moving up from our second round back to the first.

    Other than the #1 pick of the draft, probably our most valuable pick is the first pick of the SECOND round. That's the pick that SO many teams want because there's ALWAYS a few players that slide out of the first round, and since the second round is on another day, teams have an entire night to contemplate who is available and how they can get a deal done. They'll have hours to look at their big boards and salivate over the guy they absolutely DON'T want to whiff on. We could probably get very nice compensation from somebody if they see someone they really want. Or, there could be a guy that falls directly into our lap, and we take him. I believe Ogbah was such a player, and we actually WANTED to trade down, but we didn't because we had such a killer grade on him.

    I'm completely fine with trading up or down, I really am. At first, I was COMPLETELY against trading down, especially from the first overall pick. Now, I think I could be talked into it if another team offers up the universe AND we don't fall past around 6. The dream scenario is trading with the Titans, and getting their #5 and $18 in exchange for the #1. That gives us numbers 5, 12, and 18. Again, that's the "dream scenario", and I SEVERELY doubt Tennessee would EVER consider this, but hey...it's the silly season. If that trade somehow went down, we're looking at something like Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, and maybe O.J. Howard. That's pretty nasty. Our QB will be Garoppolo, and the deal will get done with our first second rounder, next year's second rounder, and Josh Gordon. That leaves us with one second rounder left, and we'll use it on Pat Eiflien, Center/Guard from OSU. So in one draft we add Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, O.J. Howard, Pat Eiflien, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Dreams are fun, eh?

  • I like the Browns opportunities where they are. I just hope they don't panic because they're perfectly set up to have a monster draft. 12 is a lock for a QB selection or trade if we don't acquire one in FA. But I'm actually hoping we go D at 1 & 12 and then QB with the first pick in the second round. They are all risky and one of them will drop out of Round 1. As they said last year, don't reach for a QB in the first round unless you think they can be a top 15 QB.

    @frenchie said:

    I like the Browns opportunities where they are. I just hope they don't panic because they're perfectly set up to have a monster draft. 12 is a lock for a QB selection or trade if we don't acquire one in FA. But I'm actually hoping we go D at 1 & 12 and then QB with the first pick in the second round. They are all risky and one of them will drop out of Round 1. As they said last year, don't reach for a QB in the first round unless you think they can be a top 15 QB.

    Well, you are missing the point of this thread. The question here is can we parlay our late round picks to move up to higher rounds....and theoretically draft better...if fewer players.

  • I think we should prepare for several trades, and that's been our M.O. for a few years. Yes, I realize the actual PICKS haven't worked out, but the trades themselves have worked in terms of assets received vs given away. It all comes down to making the right selections, and I'm interested to see what happens now that our front office has a bit of experience and a full year of evaluation under their belts. Fans have the right to be skeptical, but I remain hopeful. As far as trading UP, I can be sold on this if the deal makes sense. If we determine that there's a QB we HAVE to have, and we also determine that under no circumstances will we pass on Garrett/Allen/Adams, then I don't have an issue moving up from 12, or moving up from our second round back to the first.

    Other than the #1 pick of the draft, probably our most valuable pick is the first pick of the SECOND round. That's the pick that SO many teams want because there's ALWAYS a few players that slide out of the first round, and since the second round is on another day, teams have an entire night to contemplate who is available and how they can get a deal done. They'll have hours to look at their big boards and salivate over the guy they absolutely DON'T want to whiff on. We could probably get very nice compensation from somebody if they see someone they really want. Or, there could be a guy that falls directly into our lap, and we take him. I believe Ogbah was such a player, and we actually WANTED to trade down, but we didn't because we had such a killer grade on him.

    I'm completely fine with trading up or down, I really am. At first, I was COMPLETELY against trading down, especially from the first overall pick. Now, I think I could be talked into it if another team offers up the universe AND we don't fall past around 6. The dream scenario is trading with the Titans, and getting their #5 and $18 in exchange for the #1. That gives us numbers 5, 12, and 18. Again, that's the "dream scenario", and I SEVERELY doubt Tennessee would EVER consider this, but hey...it's the silly season. If that trade somehow went down, we're looking at something like Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, and maybe O.J. Howard. That's pretty nasty. Our QB will be Garoppolo, and the deal will get done with our first second rounder, next year's second rounder, and Josh Gordon. That leaves us with one second rounder left, and we'll use it on Pat Eiflien, Center/Guard from OSU. So in one draft we add Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, O.J. Howard, Pat Eiflien, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Dreams are fun, eh?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think we should prepare for several trades, and that's been our M.O. for a few years. Yes, I realize the actual PICKS haven't worked out, but the trades themselves have worked in terms of assets received vs given away. It all comes down to making the right selections, and I'm interested to see what happens now that our front office has a bit of experience and a full year of evaluation under their belts. Fans have the right to be skeptical, but I remain hopeful. As far as trading UP, I can be sold on this if the deal makes sense. If we determine that there's a QB we HAVE to have, and we also determine that under no circumstances will we pass on Garrett/Allen/Adams, then I don't have an issue moving up from 12, or moving up from our second round back to the first.

    Other than the #1 pick of the draft, probably our most valuable pick is the first pick of the SECOND round. That's the pick that SO many teams want because there's ALWAYS a few players that slide out of the first round, and since the second round is on another day, teams have an entire night to contemplate who is available and how they can get a deal done. They'll have hours to look at their big boards and salivate over the guy they absolutely DON'T want to whiff on. We could probably get very nice compensation from somebody if they see someone they really want. Or, there could be a guy that falls directly into our lap, and we take him. I believe Ogbah was such a player, and we actually WANTED to trade down, but we didn't because we had such a killer grade on him.

    I'm completely fine with trading up or down, I really am. At first, I was COMPLETELY against trading down, especially from the first overall pick. Now, I think I could be talked into it if another team offers up the universe AND we don't fall past around 6. The dream scenario is trading with the Titans, and getting their #5 and $18 in exchange for the #1. That gives us numbers 5, 12, and 18. Again, that's the "dream scenario", and I SEVERELY doubt Tennessee would EVER consider this, but hey...it's the silly season. If that trade somehow went down, we're looking at something like Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, and maybe O.J. Howard. That's pretty nasty. Our QB will be Garoppolo, and the deal will get done with our first second rounder, next year's second rounder, and Josh Gordon. That leaves us with one second rounder left, and we'll use it on Pat Eiflien, Center/Guard from OSU. So in one draft we add Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, O.J. Howard, Pat Eiflien, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Dreams are fun, eh?

    Per the Pats....Garropolo is NOT for sale.....at least not at any reasonable price.

    At least that is what they say....though I believe they are actually angling for a higher first round pick....and personally, quite frankly am unwilling to give them anything that high.

    #52 at best.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think we should prepare for several trades, and that's been our M.O. for a few years. Yes, I realize the actual PICKS haven't worked out, but the trades themselves have worked in terms of assets received vs given away. It all comes down to making the right selections, and I'm interested to see what happens now that our front office has a bit of experience and a full year of evaluation under their belts. Fans have the right to be skeptical, but I remain hopeful. As far as trading UP, I can be sold on this if the deal makes sense. If we determine that there's a QB we HAVE to have, and we also determine that under no circumstances will we pass on Garrett/Allen/Adams, then I don't have an issue moving up from 12, or moving up from our second round back to the first.

    Other than the #1 pick of the draft, probably our most valuable pick is the first pick of the SECOND round. That's the pick that SO many teams want because there's ALWAYS a few players that slide out of the first round, and since the second round is on another day, teams have an entire night to contemplate who is available and how they can get a deal done. They'll have hours to look at their big boards and salivate over the guy they absolutely DON'T want to whiff on. We could probably get very nice compensation from somebody if they see someone they really want. Or, there could be a guy that falls directly into our lap, and we take him. I believe Ogbah was such a player, and we actually WANTED to trade down, but we didn't because we had such a killer grade on him.

    I'm completely fine with trading up or down, I really am. At first, I was COMPLETELY against trading down, especially from the first overall pick. Now, I think I could be talked into it if another team offers up the universe AND we don't fall past around 6. The dream scenario is trading with the Titans, and getting their #5 and $18 in exchange for the #1. That gives us numbers 5, 12, and 18. Again, that's the "dream scenario", and I SEVERELY doubt Tennessee would EVER consider this, but hey...it's the silly season. If that trade somehow went down, we're looking at something like Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, and maybe O.J. Howard. That's pretty nasty. Our QB will be Garoppolo, and the deal will get done with our first second rounder, next year's second rounder, and Josh Gordon. That leaves us with one second rounder left, and we'll use it on Pat Eiflien, Center/Guard from OSU. So in one draft we add Jamal Adams, Derek Barnett, O.J. Howard, Pat Eiflien, and Jimmy Garoppolo. Dreams are fun, eh?

    Per the Pats....Garropolo is NOT for sale.....at least not at any reasonable price.

    At least that is what they say....though I believe they are actually angling for a higher first round pick....and personally, quite frankly am unwilling to give them anything that high.

    #52 at best.

    @the-gipper said:

    Per the Pats....Garropolo is NOT for sale.....at least not at any reasonable price.

    At least that is what they say....though I believe they are actually angling for a higher first round pick....and personally, quite frankly am unwilling to give them anything that high.

    #52 at best.

    Just for the record I have a 2011 Subaru Outback limited edition. If anyone is willing to give up $40,000 I think I could be persuaded to sell it. Just in case..

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per the Pats....Garropolo is NOT for sale.....at least not at any reasonable price.

    At least that is what they say....though I believe they are actually angling for a higher first round pick....and personally, quite frankly am unwilling to give them anything that high.

    #52 at best.

    Just for the record I have a 2011 Subaru Outback limited edition. If anyone is willing to give up $40,000 I think I could be persuaded to sell it. Just in case..

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Just for the record I have a 2011 Subaru Outback limited edition. If anyone is willing to give up $40,000 I think I could be persuaded to sell it. Just in case..

    WSS

    You been inside BBs head apparently.

    Or, something about a bridge for sale?

  • Jets & GM Mike Maccagnan are surly going blow it up mode in NY. per a NFL.com article, Maccagnan is willing to move out of any of his 7 picks.4 picks our in 1st 3 rounds..from #12 to #6 has a price, but we know what Philly & Rams were willing to give up from well back.We went from #8 to #15 with Titans. Who may be there? Our the picks were giving up worth it from #12 talent? some team will be willing to roll the dice early on this before draft. The window is now open to make a move to 2nd & 3rd rounds πŸ™‚