Happenings Around the League
-
Oh, gee, here is one QB we can take of the Browns list of guys to pursue:
Titans
Agreed to terms with QB Matt Cassel on a contract extension.
Anyone gonna cry?
-
Lots of rumour the Saints are shopping Brandin Cooks, Eagles and Titans leading the chase
What would the Saints want? Titans want a WR big time. Most common speculation is that they would go for Mike Williams with there #5 pick. But they also want a pass rusher.....one of the reasons why there has been speculation....at least on here, that they may offer #5 and #18 to go up to #1.
The Browns would have to consider that seriously.
What would the Saints want? Titans want a WR big time. Most common speculation is that they would go for Mike Williams with there #5 pick. But they also want a pass rusher.....one of the reasons why there has been speculation....at least on here, that they may offer #5 and #18 to go up to #1.
The Browns would have to consider that seriously.
Certainly a first rounder. If they're thinking of a rookie WR at #5 might they be better off giving it up for Cooks? Rookie contract obviously an issue.
-
What would the Saints want? Titans want a WR big time. Most common speculation is that they would go for Mike Williams with there #5 pick. But they also want a pass rusher.....one of the reasons why there has been speculation....at least on here, that they may offer #5 and #18 to go up to #1.
The Browns would have to consider that seriously.
Certainly a first rounder. If they're thinking of a rookie WR at #5 might they be better off giving it up for Cooks? Rookie contract obviously an issue.
Certainly a first rounder. If they're thinking of a rookie WR at #5 might they be better off giving it up for Cooks? Rookie contract obviously an issue.
I personally think that Williams may have a far bigger upside than Cooks at this juncture...for which the Titans may just want to stay put.
-
Garrett "almost positive" to Browns according to these.
Garrett "almost positive" to Browns according to these.
Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.
-
Garrett "almost positive" to Browns according to these.
Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.
-
Latest report on Cleveland Browns Daily which I just heard not 15 minutes ago was that the Browns were seriously considering MT at #1.
Truth.
LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! -
Latest report on Cleveland Browns Daily which I just heard not 15 minutes ago was that the Browns were seriously considering MT at #1.
Truth.
LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?
-
LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?
Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?
It could still happen, if the team that is picking #1 knows who they want...and if they enter into a contract with that player, then, yea, #2 could be the thing in play.
Though...I suspect that the NFL may now discourage the announcement and signing of the #1 pick...particularly now that the compensation he receives is basically predetermined.
For the NFL the draft is now very much a prime time TV show. They want big ratings....and knowing who will be taken #1 is part of the suspense of the TV show that the NFL may not want teams to mess with.
Especially in a year like this year where there is not really a consensus #1 (despite what some Gayrett fags may think)
-
LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?
Whatever happened to the good ole days when #1 got announced well in advance and the speculation was over #2? Didn't that use to happen once upon a time?
Yes, that happened a few times before the CBA included the rookie wage scale. Teams wanted to be sure they could sign their very expensive pick.
Mario Williams signed before his name was announced. Jake Long was another.
-
Garrett "almost positive" to Browns according to these.
Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.
Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.
I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game
-
Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.
I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game
I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game
Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.
-
Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.
I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game
I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game
Allen's shoulders have eliminated any lingering thoughts of him going #1... but have given rise to his being around at #12.
Now it's Garrett followed by TBD.
-
I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game
Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.
Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.
I'd like to see him as SS for the Browns, but would be interested to see what Williams would have him doing.
-
Latest report on Cleveland Browns Daily which I just heard not 15 minutes ago was that the Browns were seriously considering MT at #1.
Truth.
LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1."
LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!! I agree. The Mitch talk is smoke. If we trade down, I don't think it will be lower than #3, to the Bears position. The Bears want a QB. No better way to get them to trade up tehn to make them think we are seriously considering their guy. A drop to #3 is the ideal. That way we pick up another pick, and we get either Garrett or Allen. I think either one is going to be a pro-bowl type player early in their career.
-
-
I don't think the browns trade up to #6, unless it's for a qb. Honestly, we will know a lot about the browns draft strategy by the end of this week. If the bills release TT and is signed or JG is traded to the browns, it will be safe to speculate the browns are going all defense in the first round. I still think only 2 of these qb's are going in the first round and none in the top 10. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me for the browns to try to trade back into the first round to grab their qb rather than overdraft at #1.
This is smokescreen season and every team is going to say whatever to throw teams off "their" guy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers trade out of the #2 pick (hello buffalo). Lynch and KS got 6 year deals! they are in no rush to rebuild this team and if they can get anything close to what the browns got last year, they are going to move down. I don't think they take a qb in year 1 at least in the first round. Also, i'm not sold on the bears taking one of these qb's either if Allen (I think he slides on draft day due to his shoulders) or Thomas are still on the board. Once you get passed the top 3, i think the qb's start to slide. Two dark horse teams to look out for are NO and AZ. both teams have aging (expensive) qb's and if they have a chance to grab one of Watson or Trubisky, i think they do it. Plus, if NO is really looking to trade Brandin Cooks, would a total rebuild be surprising?
-
I don't think the browns trade up to #6, unless it's for a qb
THIS
-
Bears: Re-signed LS Patrick Scales and QB Connor Shaw to one-year contracts.
Connor Shaw! He and Hoyer together again in the Bald Brigade!
-
Brandon Marshall stays in New York....signing with the Giants ...2 years ..$12m
-
Jeez Marshall, Beckham and Shephard is a nice trio to have!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login