Skip to content

Happenings Around the League

The Browns Board
135 26 5.0k
  • @hoorta said:

    Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.

    I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

  • @hoorta said:

    Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.

    I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

    @browns1216 said:

    I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

    Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.

  • @hoorta said:

    Latest reports have all the qbs falling. Garrett #1, Mitch #12 & I'm a happy camper.

    I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

    @browns1216 said:

    I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

    Allen's shoulders have eliminated any lingering thoughts of him going #1... but have given rise to his being around at #12.

    Now it's Garrett followed by TBD.

  • @browns1216 said:

    I'd be OK with that, but I'd be happier Garrett/Allen #1 and going with Hooker/Peppers at #12 and sticking with Kessler for another year. In either case, help out the defense so whoever the QB is isn't forced to score more than 30 points a game

    Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.

    @mark-o said:

    Hooker will be gone by 12 and Im not sure where Peppers plays. He's reportedly working out with the LB's at the combine but he only weighs 212. That's too small to play LB in the NFL.

    I'd like to see him as SS for the Browns, but would be interested to see what Williams would have him doing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Latest report on Cleveland Browns Daily which I just heard not 15 minutes ago was that the Browns were seriously considering MT at #1.

    Truth.

    LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1." 🙂 LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!!

    @hoorta said:

    LOL as Captain Picard would say- "Make it so #1." 🙂 LOL, Gip, I'm certain in the next 7 or so weeks we're going to hear the Browns are seriously considering X, Y, Z, AA, BB (not Bill Belichick, but you never know) CC..... and probably every player that's been projected to #1. Fire up the smokescreen boys!!!

    I agree. The Mitch talk is smoke. If we trade down, I don't think it will be lower than #3, to the Bears position. The Bears want a QB. No better way to get them to trade up tehn to make them think we are seriously considering their guy. A drop to #3 is the ideal. That way we pick up another pick, and we get either Garrett or Allen. I think either one is going to be a pro-bowl type player early in their career.

  • The Jets are wanting to trade out of #6,move up from #12 and pick Hooker to go along with Garret at #1

  • I don't think the browns trade up to #6, unless it's for a qb. Honestly, we will know a lot about the browns draft strategy by the end of this week. If the bills release TT and is signed or JG is traded to the browns, it will be safe to speculate the browns are going all defense in the first round. I still think only 2 of these qb's are going in the first round and none in the top 10. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me for the browns to try to trade back into the first round to grab their qb rather than overdraft at #1.

    This is smokescreen season and every team is going to say whatever to throw teams off "their" guy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers trade out of the #2 pick (hello buffalo). Lynch and KS got 6 year deals! they are in no rush to rebuild this team and if they can get anything close to what the browns got last year, they are going to move down. I don't think they take a qb in year 1 at least in the first round. Also, i'm not sold on the bears taking one of these qb's either if Allen (I think he slides on draft day due to his shoulders) or Thomas are still on the board. Once you get passed the top 3, i think the qb's start to slide. Two dark horse teams to look out for are NO and AZ. both teams have aging (expensive) qb's and if they have a chance to grab one of Watson or Trubisky, i think they do it. Plus, if NO is really looking to trade Brandin Cooks, would a total rebuild be surprising?

  • I don't think the browns trade up to #6, unless it's for a qb

    THIS

  • Bears: Re-signed LS Patrick Scales and QB Connor Shaw to one-year contracts.

    Connor Shaw! He and Hoyer together again in the Bald Brigade!

  • Brandon Marshall stays in New York....signing with the Giants ...2 years ..$12m

  • Jeez Marshall, Beckham and Shephard is a nice trio to have!

  • Bears: Re-signed LS Patrick Scales and QB Connor Shaw to one-year contracts.

    Connor Shaw! He and Hoyer together again in the Bald Brigade!

    @the-gipper said:

    Bears: Re-signed LS Patrick Scales and QB Connor Shaw to one-year contracts.

    Connor Shaw! He and Hoyer together again in the Bald Brigade!

    Glennon from Tampa is rumored to head that way as well. So Hoyer may be no more.

  • With Garçon and Jackson in the FA market now I wonder what Washington is going to do.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Bears: Re-signed LS Patrick Scales and QB Connor Shaw to one-year contracts.

    Connor Shaw! He and Hoyer together again in the Bald Brigade!

    Glennon from Tampa is rumored to head that way as well. So Hoyer may be no more.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Glennon from Tampa is rumored to head that way as well. So Hoyer may be no more.

    Right. If Cousins is traded to SFO....and Glennon gets signed by Da Bears....that would be two of the 4 teams in the top 6 that were looking for QBs taken out of the QB Draft Derby....fair to say?

    That would leave the Jets also looking (and even though they have invested a 2d and a 3rd round pick on QBs the last 2 years)

    Their philosophy may be: keep drafting QBs til you get it right.

    Should that also be the Browns Philosophy?

  • With Garçon and Jackson in the FA market now I wonder what Washington is going to do.

    @one-post said:

    With Garçon and Jackson in the FA market now I wonder what Washington is going to do.

    Maybe THEY will be in the "Fold for Darnold" Mold? Especially if they decide to trade Cousins to SFO.

    And how did you get your keyboard to give you the little curly cue on the c in Garcon?

  • Cardinals:

    Agreed to terms with TE Jermaine Gresham on a four-year contract. Re-signed QB Zac Dysert to a one-year contract. Extended a contract tender offers to G/T John Wetzel and DT Olsen Pierre.

    Bills:

    Exercised its exclusive rights by tendering offers to RB Mike Gillislee and G Ryan Groy.

    Panthers

    Re-signed WR Brenton Bersin to a one-year contract, S Colin Jones and DE Charles Johnson to two-year contracts. Extended a contract offer to restricted free agent G Andrew Norwell to retain his rights for next season. Extended contract offers to exclusive rights free agents P Michael Palardy and C Tyler Larsen.

    Bengals

    Extended a tender offer to C T.J. Johnson.

    Colts

    Announced the retirement of OL Joe Reitz. Re-signed TE Jack Doyle.

    Vikings

    Announced the retirement of LB Chad Greenway.

  • Second round tender for Taylor Gabriel

  • @one-post said:

    With Garçon and Jackson in the FA market now I wonder what Washington is going to do.

    Maybe THEY will be in the "Fold for Darnold" Mold? Especially if they decide to trade Cousins to SFO.

    And how did you get your keyboard to give you the little curly cue on the c in Garcon?

    @the-gipper said:

    Maybe THEY will be in the "Fold for Darnold" Mold? Especially if they decide to trade Cousins to SFO.

    And how did you get your keyboard to give you the little curly cue on the c in Garcon?

    I just spelled it and it came up.

    I use my iPad since my wife hogs the computer.

  • Great day to be Eli

  • @the-gipper said:

    Maybe THEY will be in the "Fold for Darnold" Mold? Especially if they decide to trade Cousins to SFO.

    And how did you get your keyboard to give you the little curly cue on the c in Garcon?

    I just spelled it and it came up.

    I use my iPad since my wife hogs the computer.

    @one-post said:

    I just spelled it and it came up.

    I use my iPad since my wife hogs the computer.

    He spelled it "Honey Bunny" LOL! 😆