Skip to content

Let's Let Joe Thomas Start the Combine Thread

The Browns Board
162 17 3.0k
  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
    #88

    Fournette did okayish he was not as quick as henry or elliot. Mcaffery was smooth as silk though really showed everyone what a complete back is.

  • @wargograw said:

    I'm just saying in the grand scheme of things nothing really happened. He didn't hit anyone. He got snippy with an employee. Knowing your personality here, I highly doubt you've never done that. Furthermore, again, who cares?

    It is a bit more than getting snippy when you threaten to go hands on with a stranger. I am sure they have had players who have an attitude. I guess the dismissal was related to threatening a male hospital employee. So even with the potential of losing a good chunk of money, dummy chose to threaten someone and get dismissed.

    I don't think this kid will end up being a Brown so this is honestly just debate.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @logicisforsquares said:

    It is a bit more than getting snippy when you threaten to go hands on with a stranger. I am sure they have had players who have an attitude. I guess the dismissal was related to threatening a male hospital employee. So even with the potential of losing a good chunk of money, dummy chose to threaten someone and get dismissed.

    I don't think this kid will end up being a Brown so this is honestly just debate.

    Yes. Yes. All I'm hearing here are reasons he'd be a great addition to our defense.

  • @mudfly said:

    He might just be there at #12.....then the REAL debate will begin...... 😉

    Ain't no debate... If he's atop your board when #12 rolls around, then you take him knowing he is never going to have to stand in a line in a hospital ever again.

    Has he ever lost his cool on the field?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @tour2ma said:

    Ain't no debate... If he's atop your board when #12 rolls around, then you take him knowing he is never going to have to stand in a line in a hospital ever again.

    Has he ever lost his cool on the field?

    The question is has he ever been "cool" on the field?

  • Fournette had a bad combine. Not just unimpressive.

    Peppers had 19 reps. Pretty good.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @mld-woody said:

    Fournette had a bad combine. Not just unimpressive.

    Peppers had 19 reps. Pretty good.

    Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    It is a bit more than getting snippy when you threaten to go hands on with a stranger. I am sure they have had players who have an attitude. I guess the dismissal was related to threatening a male hospital employee. So even with the potential of losing a good chunk of money, dummy chose to threaten someone and get dismissed.

    I don't think this kid will end up being a Brown so this is honestly just debate.

    Yes. Yes. All I'm hearing here are reasons he'd be a great addition to our defense.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @wargograw said:

    Yes. Yes. All I'm hearing here are reasons he'd be a great addition to our defense.

    Or to a season long suspension after attacking a gas station attendant.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Fournette had a bad combine. Not just unimpressive.

    Peppers had 19 reps. Pretty good.

    Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @wargograw said:

    Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

    His very was God awful. I'm not saying this means he's now a bad HB, but it wasn't a good combine.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Fuck Foster. Sounds like an obnoxious asshole.

  • @wargograw said:

    Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

    His very was God awful. I'm not saying this means he's now a bad HB, but it wasn't a good combine.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @mld-woody said:

    His very was God awful. I'm not saying this means he's now a bad HB, but it wasn't a good combine.

    And his size combined with his 40 was borderline elite. So that averages out to "bad"?

  • @wargograw said:

    Yes. Yes. All I'm hearing here are reasons he'd be a great addition to our defense.

    Or to a season long suspension after attacking a gas station attendant.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Or to a season long suspension after attacking a gas station attendant.

    Get him a handler. Do what you've gotta do.

  • Fuck Foster. Sounds like an obnoxious asshole.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @mld-woody said:

    Fuck Foster. Sounds like an obnoxious asshole.

    Of course the southern brother with a temper offends the Michigan fans pinky out sensibilities. You're gay.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis
    #98

    Garrett looks to be a bit stronger than Courtney Brown 33 to 29 but is a little slower 4.5 to 4.6 same with clowney actually. Pretty Good performance so far lets see the drills 🙂

    ehhh not the best footwork but not a huge concern. Allen had more precise footwork but was slower

    Hope everyone saw that linebacker drill from garrett worst of the day by far. i wonder if he has ever done it before >.<

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #99

    The Freak is being a Freak. but noway them million $ ankle's is trip-in' on any blocking bag.. take the deductions for those scoring at home..C ya in a orange helmet

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by CaineDeSoulis

    Garett is going to need to taught everything except rush it looks like.... i wonder if he can do ST?

    His footwork is so unnatural dropping back lol. Byran Cox looked very smooth. I can tell right now Henrickson* is an effort>athlete

  • @wargograw said:

    Fournette had a fine combine. It seems people have just mentally blocked out the definition of a good 40 for a power RB all of a sudden.

    His very was God awful. I'm not saying this means he's now a bad HB, but it wasn't a good combine.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    His very was God awful. I'm not saying this means he's now a bad HB, but it wasn't a good combine.

    And that drill means absolutely nothing regards his ability as a running back.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    Watching the LB/DL drills, and Charles Harris from U of Missouri looked really good. I don't know, nor do I care what the stop watch or tape measure said in other 'tests', but he sure passed the eye test in the drills...... Looked better than Garrett in many.

    yea, I said it

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    Garrett looked really unprepared/uncoordinated for those movement drills. I Really did not expect him to get the One Trick Pony label but I'll be damned. Clumsy Play.

    I liked Harris aswell Check out Cox jr. looked very smooth in space for his size

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    And OJ Howard ran as fast as Leonard Fournette especially considering he outweighed him by 10 pounds or so.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    i gotta believe we are going to take atleast one TE this draft

  • Watching the LB/DL drills, and Charles Harris from U of Missouri looked really good. I don't know, nor do I care what the stop watch or tape measure said in other 'tests', but he sure passed the eye test in the drills...... Looked better than Garrett in many.

    yea, I said it

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Watching the LB/DL drills, and Charles Harris from U of Missouri looked really good. I don't know, nor do I care what the stop watch or tape measure said in other 'tests', but he sure passed the eye test in the drills...... Looked better than Garrett in many.

    yea, I said it

    Good catch, been watching him for 20 minutes so far.

  • i wonder if the ball speeds are tracked anywhere

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @cainedesoulis said:

    i wonder if the ball speeds are tracked anywhere

    Yes... they are measured at the Combine, but not "officially" by the NFL. Ourlads has done the honors in the past, but oddly NFL.com has cited their results.

    http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

    @texasag1969 said:

    And 4.51 not bad for a guy 10-15 lbs over playing weight.

    No, it's not, but the question is why was he 10-15 pounds overweight at the fucking Combine??? And it wasn't "water-weight".

    Teams are going to want to know if Fournette is the next Eddie Lacy.

    @wargograw said:

    The question is has he ever been "cool" on the field?

    That's a different question...

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Garett is going to need to taught everything except rush it looks like.... i wonder if he can do ST?

    His footwork is so unnatural dropping back lol. Byran Cox looked very smooth. I can tell right now Henrickson* is an effort>athlete

    How often are you dropping him?

    As for ST... I have to dismiss that as pure trolling.