Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Crowell gets second round tender

Crowell gets second round tender

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
124 Posts 28 Posters 5.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • gftChris gftChrisG
    • 13k Posts
    • 428 Reputation
    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/02/isaiah_crowell_receives_second.html

    This move makes sense and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Nobody's going to give up a first obviously, and you can probably find better than him in the second round, so it's unlikely they'd give up a second for a guy with already three years of use.

    Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

    Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Feed the Crowe.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • gftChrisG gftChris

        http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/02/isaiah_crowell_receives_second.html

        This move makes sense and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Nobody's going to give up a first obviously, and you can probably find better than him in the second round, so it's unlikely they'd give up a second for a guy with already three years of use.

        Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

        Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 30k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @gftchris said:

        Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

        Not much upside there.

        I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
        gftChrisG The GipperT gumby73G 3 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

          @gftchris said:

          Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

          Not much upside there.

          I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

          gftChris gftChrisG
          • 13k Posts
          • 428 Reputation
          gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @tour2ma said:

          Not much upside there.

          I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

          Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

          Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2maT Tour2ma

            @gftchris said:

            Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

            Not much upside there.

            I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tour2ma said:

            Not much upside there.

            I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

            That may be SOP when it comes to RBs these days. Hit the trivia quiz for something on this.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • gftChrisG gftChris

              @tour2ma said:

              Not much upside there.

              I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

              Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

              Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
              • 30k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @gftchris said:

              Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

              Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

              "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
              tiamat63T Mr. Make-BelieveM 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                @gftchris said:

                Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

                Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

                tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                • 13k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @tour2ma said:

                Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

                This.

                RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

                The GipperT gftChrisG 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • tiamat63T tiamat63

                  @tour2ma said:

                  Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

                  This.

                  RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @tiamat63 said:

                  This.

                  RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

                  I don't think so. RBs at this point in the NFL are as fungible a position as there is. Both Crowe/Duke back another year. I say there is at least a one year reprieve on this position.....and remember....Crowe was a UDFA. The Browns may think they can nab another Crowe off the UDFA list.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                    @gftchris said:

                    Might still be. Now we have plenty of time to do that.

                    Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

                    Mr. Make-Believe Mr. Make-BelieveM Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 719 Posts
                    • 122 Reputation
                    Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @tour2ma said:

                    Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

                    Agreed. I like Crowell and this doesn't inspire confidence in me in his long-term tenure with the Browns.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • tiamat63T tiamat63

                      @tour2ma said:

                      Sure... but when you can't agree on a value, the tender route with its "bargain" price and no security does not exactly unleash a wellspring of good will to build upon.

                      This.

                      RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

                      gftChris gftChrisG
                      • 13k Posts
                      • 428 Reputation
                      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @tiamat63 said:

                      This.

                      RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

                      Next year's ladder.

                      chocoC 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • gftChrisG gftChris

                        @tiamat63 said:

                        This.

                        RB just went up a rung on the draft priority ladder.

                        Next year's ladder.

                        choco chocoC
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 352 Reputation
                        chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @gftchris said:

                        Next year's ladder.

                        Yup....
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                          @gftchris said:

                          Meanwhile we keep him at a relatively cheap $2.8m for a year.

                          Not much upside there.

                          I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

                          gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @tour2ma said:

                          I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

                          Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

                          Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                          T Tour2maT 3 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                            • 14k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I think Crow is "Ok".. but he's not untouchable....

                            Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • gumby73G gumby73

                              @tour2ma said:

                              I really thought they'd use the tender process to resolve his value for the long term. Now this sets up as a "one more and done" situation.

                              Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

                              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 23k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                              #14

                              @gumby73 said:

                              Agreed..matching offer sheet for Mack & matching tender on Gipson. neither worked the next season after, they get ugly quickly..I'll be watching Pitts James Conner at combine.A Power blocking front needs a power back. check out Conner's tape if you have not seen him

                              I'd rather get Foreman from Texas if he is there @ #65. Or maybe even @ #52 depending upon whose left then.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 5k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.

                                gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • jrb12711J jrb12711

                                  One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.

                                  gftChris gftChrisG
                                  • 13k Posts
                                  • 428 Reputation
                                  gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @jrb12711 said:

                                  One thing to note is that this draft is incredibly deep at the RB position. There's about 10 dudes who are 2nd round or better talent but not all of them will get drafted that high. I wouldn't be upset though if we kept feeding the Crow for another season.

                                  Pretty much sums up how I feel. Crow is fine, but if we can get a great value guy later on in this apparently deep RB class, then why not?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 5k Posts
                                    • 1k Reputation
                                    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

                                    Canton MikeC jrb12711J The GipperT 3 Replies Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • jiggins7919J jiggins7919

                                      From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

                                      Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 2k Reputation
                                      Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
                                      #18

                                      @jiggins7919 said:

                                      From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

                                      I honestly believe that NOT deferring the opening kickoff would help re playing from behind. Williams D may help, but I'm all for a rule change that if you win the coin toss, you receive the opening kickoff.

                                      Mike

                                      IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • jiggins7919J jiggins7919

                                        From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

                                        jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 5k Posts
                                        • 1k Reputation
                                        jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @jiggins7919 said:

                                        From what I understand, both sides are still eager to work out a deal. Not sure it will happen, but I'd like a deal to get done for the right price. I'm just so interested to see what Crow could do in a season where we are in just about every game, and we don't need to give up on the run early in order to come back 20 points. I honestly believe the combination of Duke and Crow can work well in the right circumstances.

                                        In the same vein I'd love to see him with a consistent QB where half the games the opposing D isn't stacking the box with 9 guys.

                                        The thing about him and a contract is that the Browns are far and away his best option for a good contract. As noted this draft is loaded with RB talent and there's some strong names available in FA (AP, Charles, etc). I don't think the open market is going to net him that much compared to what the Browns could provide.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • CaineDeSoulis C
                                          • 672 Posts
                                          • 38 Reputation
                                          C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Are you implying our HC is too dumb and needs a league regulation to call the coin toss?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate