Josh Gordon reapplies to be reinstated today...
-
He should be reinstated by the league on a conditional basis.
If he fails another test, make it a two year indefinite ban.
The pressure is on for Gordon, but I think his stint in rehab really turned his life around. I have him on Snapchat and from what i have seen on his stories, he is working out hard everyday in the gym, jogging, on the field.
He is a beast and we need him in our lineup to at least draw double coverages.
Even if we passed on OJ Howard @ 12, we could take Evan Engram in the 2nd.
Hell even DeValve is on the up-and-up. Barnidge should be traded. He had one fluky season and is 31 years old. Trade him for some more picks to a team that needs a veteran TE
-
-
There's really no way to argue your point. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results IS insanity, but here's the thing: What if GORDON isn't doing the same thing over and over? What if HE is the variable that actually changed? Listen, I'm not stupid, and I know all too well how the odds are against him, but let's not act like it's impossible for an addict to get better. I have several friends that were suffering direly with addiction to various things, and they managed to get better. Here's what I can tell you....NONE of them got better the first, second, or even third time. They had to work at it, try different approaches, keep working at it, remove the bad people from their lives, and lord knows whatever else. Point is, it took a while. Now, were any of them professional athletes? Of course not, but addiction doesn't care who you are. What color you are. How much money you have. None of that crap matters.
Would I bet money on Josh Gordon making it? Of course not, but I'm also not going to sit here and act like he's doomed to be an NFL dropout, either. I hope he gets another chance at playing NFL football, and I hope it's with us.
-
-
We had better have a backup plan. If we go into the season with him at the center of our offensive plans, i will shit myself.
-
Your point is pretty valid because we are extremely thin at receiver. Coleman APPEARS to have a chance to be at least serviceable, but the other bozos we drafted won't be in the league much longer. We lost Hawkins and Pryor...so who the hell is catching the ball? Coleman, Britt, and.......uh....uh....hmmmm.
-
Your point is pretty valid because we are extremely thin at receiver. Coleman APPEARS to have a chance to be at least serviceable, but the other bozos we drafted won't be in the league much longer. We lost Hawkins and Pryor...so who the hell is catching the ball? Coleman, Britt, and.......uh....uh....hmmmm.
Your point is pretty valid because we are extremely thin at receiver. Coleman APPEARS to have a chance to be at least serviceable, but the other bozos we drafted won't be in the league much longer. We lost Hawkins and Pryor...so who the hell is catching the ball? Coleman, Britt, and.......uh....uh....hmmmm.
Hawkins is still available if we want to resign him. Perhaps the fact that no one else has done so tells us something.
-
There's really no way to argue your point. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results IS insanity, but here's the thing: What if GORDON isn't doing the same thing over and over? What if HE is the variable that actually changed? Listen, I'm not stupid, and I know all too well how the odds are against him, but let's not act like it's impossible for an addict to get better. I have several friends that were suffering direly with addiction to various things, and they managed to get better. Here's what I can tell you....NONE of them got better the first, second, or even third time. They had to work at it, try different approaches, keep working at it, remove the bad people from their lives, and lord knows whatever else. Point is, it took a while. Now, were any of them professional athletes? Of course not, but addiction doesn't care who you are. What color you are. How much money you have. None of that crap matters.
Would I bet money on Josh Gordon making it? Of course not, but I'm also not going to sit here and act like he's doomed to be an NFL dropout, either. I hope he gets another chance at playing NFL football, and I hope it's with us.
There's really no way to argue your point. Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results IS insanity, but here's the thing: What if GORDON isn't doing the same thing over and over? What if HE is the variable that actually changed? Listen, I'm not stupid, and I know all too well how the odds are against him, but let's not act like it's impossible for an addict to get better. I have several friends that were suffering direly with addiction to various things, and they managed to get better. Here's what I can tell you....NONE of them got better the first, second, or even third time. They had to work at it, try different approaches, keep working at it, remove the bad people from their lives, and lord knows whatever else. Point is, it took a while. Now, were any of them professional athletes? Of course not, but addiction doesn't care who you are. What color you are. How much money you have. None of that crap matters.
Would I bet money on Josh Gordon making it? Of course not, but I'm also not going to sit here and act like he's doomed to be an NFL dropout, either. I hope he gets another chance at playing NFL football, and I hope it's with us.
You have, my friend, the classic ex-girlfriend syndrome with that line of thinking. The point being you have to cut bait at some point no matter the potential. Even if they do turn it around, you are a better person for actually letting go. There really is no difference here.
-
We had better have a backup plan. If we go into the season with him at the center of our offensive plans, i will shit myself.
We had better have a backup plan. If we go into the season with him at the center of our offensive plans, i will shit myself.
Being not yet reinstated, right now I do not think Josh is even in the plan... on our depth board...
-
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results..... Seems we have lots of fans who need to be fitted for a very special jacket.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login