Skip to content

Trubisky

The Browns Board
308 41 8.9k
  • @the-gipper said:

    My point, shit for brains was not that I was equating LeBron James to Tribusky...I was pointing out that when it seems appropriate, yes, I will occasionally advocate that the local team try to obtain local talent when it warrants it. That yes, I DO, on an occasion have an "Ohio bias" ...as does everyone.

    The fact that you could not discern that simple concept from my point shows that your gray cells may be turning a little black...that nuance is not something your mind can conceive of.

    Here, here is a brick. If it hits your head it will hurt. Can you comprenez that?

    Sure Gip, whatever floats your boat.

    But the rest of us know the truth - you have a boner for the kid just because he's from down the road.

    You never heard of him until someone on ESPN said "my, this kid is interesting". You probably didn't even know he's left handed, but now you're going to make up some list about how left handed quarterbacks are actually amazing and he has franchise potential because he's left handed and from Ohio, despite the performance of the last left handed Ohio QB we took.

    Fact of the matter is you just regurgitate whatever some talking head says and then quote it as fact...that is until it doesn't jive with your story. Then you say "well these guys don't know what they're talking about anyway".

    Now go ahead and throw some two dollar words my way and ever so slightly shift the argument to another point or boil it down to something as mundane as "I wanted LeBron James, do you deny that he's good?"

    Don't bother coming up with that left handed list - Trubisky is right handed. But you wouldn't have known that anyway, and that's my point.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Sure Gip, whatever floats your boat.

    But the rest of us know the truth - you have a boner for the kid just because he's from down the road.

    And you are giving off all the indications of having a skull as thick as a brick

    You never heard of him until someone on ESPN said "my, this kid is interesting". You probably didn't even know he's left handed, but now you're going to make up some list about how left handed quarterbacks are actually amazing and he has franchise potential because he's left handed and from Ohio, despite the performance of the last left handed Ohio QB we took.

    I heard of him since he was in High School. I believe his team played for the state title. Stan, a Mentor grad was all on him telling us all about him. You live in Buttfuck North Carolina, so I can only assume that you didn't hear about him.

    And my belief that he is the best has nothing to do with him being from here. How many times do I have to tell thick headed idiots like you that same thing.

    Todd McShay, just this morning echoed what I had to say based on my observation of him: "He has all the traits of Aaron Rodgers, quick release, ability to be accurate on the move, quick decision making skills" HE invoked the Aaron Rodgers comparison. But, yet again, his only problem with him is inexperience...and believes he should go to a team that has an older established QB which would allow him to sit for a year or so. (he mentioned the Cards or Chargers)

    And I don't know what you are watching. He does not throw the football with his left hand.

    I mean, that shoots any credibility you have...that you can't even tell what hand a guy throws with.

    I have a sister that is ambidexterous. She eats and writes with her left hand, but always threw a ball with her right hand (yes, even though she was a girl, we did play a little ball). Maybe that is what he is. If so, I consider that a good thing.

    Fact of the matter is you just regurgitate whatever some talking head says and then quote it as fact...that is until it doesn't jive with your story. Then you say "well these guys don't know what they're talking about anyway".

    You show some kind of bias against the kid clearly. All scouts/GMs say he is worthy of consideration. Did some kid from UNC gobsmack you at some point...ergo you have this irrational prejudice?

    Now go ahead and throw some two dollar words my way and ever so slightly shift the argument to another point or boil it down to something as mundane as "I wanted LeBron James, do you deny that he's good?"

    See...there it is: Translation: "Go ahead and use your intelligence, make a sound, cogent argument...I will ignore it and continue with my irrational position notwithstanding whatever you say"

    Don't bother coming up with that left handed list - Trubisky is right handed. But you wouldn't have known that anyway, and that's my point.

    If your point was to prove that you are an obtuse buffoon, you have indeed proven your point.

  • @tour2ma said:

    How many colleges are there in Hawaii?

    I'd throw MItch in with a bunch of white tipped sharks at St. John, USVI to see if he runs on water as well as Gip says he walks on water. 😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd throw MItch in with a bunch of white tipped sharks at St. John, USVI to see if he runs on water as well as Gip says he walks on water. 😛

    No, he is just a good QB with potential, more than anyone else we could take.

    And when I was at Trunk Bay...it was ME doing the walking on water...sort of

    Most beautiful beaches there on St. John by the way.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'd throw MItch in with a bunch of white tipped sharks at St. John, USVI to see if he runs on water as well as Gip says he walks on water. 😛

    No, he is just a good QB with potential, more than anyone else we could take.

    And when I was at Trunk Bay...it was ME doing the walking on water...sort of

    Most beautiful beaches there on St. John by the way.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, he is just a good QB with potential, more than anyone else we could take.

    And when I was at Trunk Bay...it was ME doing the walking on water...sort of

    Most beautiful beaches there on St. John by the way.

    St. John had multiple beautiful beaches and one of the best snorkeling places I have ever been, Waterlemon Cay.

    http://stjohn-beachguide.com/snorkeling-waterlemon-cay-st-john/

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, he is just a good QB with potential, more than anyone else we could take.

    And when I was at Trunk Bay...it was ME doing the walking on water...sort of

    Most beautiful beaches there on St. John by the way.

    St. John had multiple beautiful beaches and one of the best snorkeling places I have ever been, Waterlemon Cay.

    http://stjohn-beachguide.com/snorkeling-waterlemon-cay-st-john/

    @texasag1969 said:

    St. John had multiple beautiful beaches and one of the best snorkeling places I have ever been, Waterlemon Cay.

    http://stjohn-beachguide.com/snorkeling-waterlemon-cay-st-john/

    I did not do any snorkeling there as I did not have any snorkeling gear....plus, I have to have a prescription lens snorkeling mask...which I did later buy, but did not have it at that point. So I did not get out to Waterlemon Cay.

  • Many people like to point to Trubisky's lack of starting experience as a downside to drafting him, and I totally understand that view. If you're drafting a QB, you certainly want more than ONE season of tape to evaluate such an important position. However, I think his lack of experience can also be somewhat of a feather in his cap. If Mitch can learn how to be a starting QB in one season in college, play at a high level all year, have some giant wins (one on the road against FSU), and showcase some pretty awesome abilities...I think it's impressive. Perhaps that ability to quickly acclimate to starting will follow him to the NFL? I know it might be a stretch, but think about it: How many QB's IMMEDIATELY blow up their first year starting? Obviously it's happened several times before, but that doesn't mean it's any less impressive. The guy earned the starting job, took care of the football, and played well in most of the games this past season. Many people want to point to his last game bowl game as an example of a poor performance, and they'd be mostly correct. It was definitely NOT his best game. However, he STILL had his team in a position to tie that game up, and that was AFTER his players literally dropped three touchdown passes IN THE LAST DRIVE, LOL.

    Am I completely sold on the guy? Nope. Is he the guy I want most out of ALL these potential rookies? Yep.

  • Many people like to point to Trubisky's lack of starting experience as a downside to drafting him, and I totally understand that view. If you're drafting a QB, you certainly want more than ONE season of tape to evaluate such an important position. However, I think his lack of experience can also be somewhat of a feather in his cap. If Mitch can learn how to be a starting QB in one season in college, play at a high level all year, have some giant wins (one on the road against FSU), and showcase some pretty awesome abilities...I think it's impressive. Perhaps that ability to quickly acclimate to starting will follow him to the NFL? I know it might be a stretch, but think about it: How many QB's IMMEDIATELY blow up their first year starting? Obviously it's happened several times before, but that doesn't mean it's any less impressive. The guy earned the starting job, took care of the football, and played well in most of the games this past season. Many people want to point to his last game bowl game as an example of a poor performance, and they'd be mostly correct. It was definitely NOT his best game. However, he STILL had his team in a position to tie that game up, and that was AFTER his players literally dropped three touchdown passes IN THE LAST DRIVE, LOL.

    Am I completely sold on the guy? Nope. Is he the guy I want most out of ALL these potential rookies? Yep.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Am I completely sold on the guy? Nope. Is he the guy I want most out of ALL these potential rookies? Yep.

    Glass half full?

    Best I can do is... of 2017's "top" prospects, Trubs is the one I dislike the least.

    Yup.... half empty.

  • jiggins-go watch the choke job at the end of the rival game with N.C. State. That dropped him out of the top 10 overall for me.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Anyone that does not put his name to his opinions has no credibility. So...OK, this guy says "not top 10. So we take him at 12 hopefully.

    But I bet he don't drop that far.

    And I have a pitcher of Margaritas riding on it with Stan.

  • jiggins-go watch the choke job at the end of the rival game with N.C. State. That dropped him out of the top 10 overall for me.

    @texasag1969 said:

    jiggins-go watch the choke job at the end of the rival game with N.C. State. That dropped him out of the top 10 overall for me.

    If you went by the fact that some player at some point in time seemed to have a "choke game".....then we would have never asked LeBron James to come back here after his choke job against the Celtics.

    Tom Brady "choked" twice against the NYG in the Super Bowl.

    Bernie Kosar "choked" against the Broncos in The Drive game (just ask Ghoolie).

    Brett Favre choked how many games by being daring.

    The other side of the coin is: how many games did he pull out of the fire. While I didn't see all of MTs games, I know that the team around him was not that good. In the games I saw he was constantly being run out of the pocket. Plus his receivers "choked" constantly...if you consider dropping a pass square in your hands a choke. But how many games did he win by his actions. Someone mentioned Fla State...and a few others.

    I have heard where Garrett "choked" against Alabama. Here was his biggest test and they say he disappeared in that game.

    So....since he also choked, should we write him off as well?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    jiggins-go watch the choke job at the end of the rival game with N.C. State. That dropped him out of the top 10 overall for me.

    If you went by the fact that some player at some point in time seemed to have a "choke game".....then we would have never asked LeBron James to come back here after his choke job against the Celtics.

    Tom Brady "choked" twice against the NYG in the Super Bowl.

    Bernie Kosar "choked" against the Broncos in The Drive game (just ask Ghoolie).

    Brett Favre choked how many games by being daring.

    The other side of the coin is: how many games did he pull out of the fire. While I didn't see all of MTs games, I know that the team around him was not that good. In the games I saw he was constantly being run out of the pocket. Plus his receivers "choked" constantly...if you consider dropping a pass square in your hands a choke. But how many games did he win by his actions. Someone mentioned Fla State...and a few others.

    I have heard where Garrett "choked" against Alabama. Here was his biggest test and they say he disappeared in that game.

    So....since he also choked, should we write him off as well?

    @the-gipper said:

    If you went by the fact that some player at some point in time seemed to have a "choke game".....then we would have never asked LeBron James to come back here after his choke job against the Celtics.

    Tom Brady "choked" twice against the NYG in the Super Bowl.

    Bernie Kosar "choked" against the Broncos in The Drive game (just ask Ghoolie).

    Brett Favre choked how many games by being daring.

    The other side of the coin is: how many games did he pull out of the fire. While I didn't see all of MTs games, I know that the team around him was not that good. In the games I saw he was constantly being run out of the pocket. Plus his receivers "choked" constantly...if you consider dropping a pass square in your hands a choke. But how many games did he win by his actions. Someone mentioned Fla State...and a few others.

    I have heard where Garrett "choked" against Alabama. Here was his biggest test and they say he disappeared in that game.

    So....since he also choked, should we write him off as well?

    Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

    You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If you went by the fact that some player at some point in time seemed to have a "choke game".....then we would have never asked LeBron James to come back here after his choke job against the Celtics.

    Tom Brady "choked" twice against the NYG in the Super Bowl.

    Bernie Kosar "choked" against the Broncos in The Drive game (just ask Ghoolie).

    Brett Favre choked how many games by being daring.

    The other side of the coin is: how many games did he pull out of the fire. While I didn't see all of MTs games, I know that the team around him was not that good. In the games I saw he was constantly being run out of the pocket. Plus his receivers "choked" constantly...if you consider dropping a pass square in your hands a choke. But how many games did he win by his actions. Someone mentioned Fla State...and a few others.

    I have heard where Garrett "choked" against Alabama. Here was his biggest test and they say he disappeared in that game.

    So....since he also choked, should we write him off as well?

    Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

    You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

    You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

    No I am not aware.....I really don't pay attention to Texas A&M games. I am not sure the game was even telecast here. This is Ohio State/Big Ten country. We don't get Goober TV here. 😛

    If the situation was as you describe...then why were people saying he "disappeared". I am only going by what I heard.

  • Listening to Mitch talk makes me think that he and Joey Bosa might somehow be related...

  • i want to see what Greg says on the other QB's in this draft

    @cainedesoulis said:

    i want to see what Greg says on the other QB's in this draft

    His latest one is on Pat Mahomes

    30c3ji1.jpg

  • Listening to Mitch talk makes me think that he and Joey Bosa might somehow be related...

    @d-bone said:

    Listening to Mitch talk makes me think that he and Joey Bosa might somehow be related...

    Not sure what that means. Unless it means, like Bosa that he will come in and perform well right away.

  • @tour2ma said:

    How many colleges are there in Hawaii?

    I'd throw MItch in with a bunch of white tipped sharks at St. John, USVI to see if he runs on water as well as Gip says he walks on water. 😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'd throw MItch in with a bunch of white tipped sharks at St. John, USVI to see if he runs on water as well as Gip says he walks on water. 😛

    LOL. according to a certain Patriots fan, Garropolo has been seen going out to Nantucket- and he doesn't take the Ferry. 🙂

    @d-bone said:

    Listening to Mitch talk makes me think that he and Joey Bosa might somehow be related...

    Well, Terry Bradshaw has never been confused with a Mensa candidate, I'd put Favre in the same category.

  • @d-bone said:

    Listening to Mitch talk makes me think that he and Joey Bosa might somehow be related...

    Not sure what that means. Unless it means, like Bosa that he will come in and perform well right away.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not sure what that means. Unless it means, like Bosa that he will come in and perform well right away.

    It just means they both start and end their sentences with 'um'.... Well, if Mitch starts week 1 in the NFL, that'll be his 14th start and I'm sure he'll do just fine.

    Tell me again why it took him so long to win the starting job in college?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

    You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

    No I am not aware.....I really don't pay attention to Texas A&M games. I am not sure the game was even telecast here. This is Ohio State/Big Ten country. We don't get Goober TV here. 😛

    If the situation was as you describe...then why were people saying he "disappeared". I am only going by what I heard.

    @the-gipper said:

    No I am not aware.....I really don't pay attention to Texas A&M games. I am not sure the game was even telecast here. This is Ohio State/Big Ten country. We don't get Goober TV here. 😛

    If the situation was as you describe...then why were people saying he "disappeared". I am only going by what I heard.

    Total ignorance of the game. In fact the Aggies, because of the D, were still in it until late in the 3rd (2:18 to go) when the O gave up a fumble returned by Allen for a TD to go up 26-14.

    Bama scored one more in the 4th when the game was out of reach. Garrett had 3.5 tackles for loss despite one wheel and limited action.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yeah the one legged man "choked" with only one sack and a couple of tackles in the backfield with multiple double teams and plays away from him all game. You need to give Saban some credit for a correct game plan.

    You are aware he did not go to the S.C. game the week before and was used mostly on 3rd downs when he could against Bama, right? This was two weeks out from the 2nd half high ankle sprain against Ark.

    No I am not aware.....I really don't pay attention to Texas A&M games. I am not sure the game was even telecast here. This is Ohio State/Big Ten country. We don't get Goober TV here. 😛

    If the situation was as you describe...then why were people saying he "disappeared". I am only going by what I heard.

    @the-gipper said:

    I really don't pay attention to... games. I am only going by what I heard.

    And there it is...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I really don't pay attention to... games. I am only going by what I heard.

    And there it is...

    @tour2ma said:

    And there it is...

    Piss up a rope. You expect me to devour every single college game played out there. I see plenty...and I hear about plenty.

    I have a life and a wife you know.

    Maybe you should think about getting one of each.

    Perhaps your complaint should be about the accuracy of what is reported about these games. Commentators on ESPN said Gayrett disappeared in the Bama game......and these guys did see that game. So, what am I supposed to think? That you Texas goat fuckers know more than the guys reporting on ESPN?