Skip to content

Trubisky

The Browns Board
308 41 8.9k
  • Trubisky essentially played 1 year of college football that can be evaluated and in that year 5 games vs top 25 opponents:

    9/3 Georgia #18 24/40 156 0/0 Loss

    10/1 Florida State #12 31/38 405 3/0 Win

    10/8 Virginia Tech #25 13/33 58 0/2 Loss

    10/15 Miami #16 33/46 299 2/0 Win

    12/30 Stanford #16 23/38 280 2/2 Loss

    So a great game FSU, good game Miami, average game Stanford and 2 fucking clunkers Georgia & Virginia Tech. He was 2-3 vs Top 25 teams during the year. ACC conference play isn't the SEC or the Big 10 in terms of defense and these are the stats of the guy people want at #12. I know we are desperate for a QB but desperation shouldn't dictate the draft.

    @baconhound said:

    ACC conference play isn't the SEC or the Big 10 in terms of defense and these are the stats of the guy people want at #12.

    The level of competition was one of the things I didn't like about Carson Wentz, but he went #2.

  • @baconhound said:

    ACC conference play isn't the SEC or the Big 10 in terms of defense and these are the stats of the guy people want at #12.

    The level of competition was one of the things I didn't like about Carson Wentz, but he went #2.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The level of competition was one of the things I didn't like about Carson Wentz, but he went #2.

    And not sure if that was a great move by the Eagles.

  • @hoorta said:

    Correct that Mitch rates higher than all, except Winston who got an identical grade. If Garrett wasn't in this draft- it would be a no brainer.

    But he is and if the Browns take a QB instead, we can definitely label them "no brainers". All the QB's are projects that will not produce wins their first year. Jimmy's got no patience so they may as well turn in their coaches badges along with the QB selection card on April 27. Besides they lost credibility with taking RG III and then Kessler too high.

    @texasag1969 said:

    But he is and if the Browns take a QB instead, we can definitely label them "no brainers".

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

  • @texasag1969 said:

    But he is and if the Browns take a QB instead, we can definitely label them "no brainers".

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    @mudfly said:

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    Mud, did you know he is from Ohio and said he wants to be a Brown?
  • Yep....I live just down the road from Mentor high.....watched him play and have followed his career.....my daughter cheered for Riverside, so Im all about Lake county HS ball .....

    Him taking the Browns to the promised land would be a great story....but I just dont think he's the guy to do it....

  • @texasag1969 said:

    But he is and if the Browns take a QB instead, we can definitely label them "no brainers".

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    @mudfly said:

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    That's exactly what I was thinking, kid sounds pretty dense.

  • Yep....I live just down the road from Mentor high.....watched him play and have followed his career.....my daughter cheered for Riverside, so Im all about Lake county HS ball .....

    Him taking the Browns to the promised land would be a great story....but I just dont think he's the guy to do it....

    @mudfly said:

    Yep....I live just down the road from Mentor high.....watched him play and have followed his career.....my daughter cheered for Riverside, so Im all about Lake county HS ball .....

    Him taking the Browns to the promised land would be a great story....but I just dont think he's the guy to do it....

    Oh I know. I was poking fun at the people who decided he was Joe Montana after finding out he said he wanted to be a Brown. If he was from Louisiana and said he wanted to be a Saint, no one around here would give a squirt of piss about Trubisky.

  • @mudfly said:

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    That's exactly what I was thinking, kid sounds pretty dense.

    @roycerolls said:

    ... kid sounds pretty dense.

    yep...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Oh I know. I was poking fun at the people who decided he was Joe Montana after finding out he said he wanted to be a Brown. If he was from Louisiana and said he wanted to be a Saint, no one around here would give a squirt of piss about Trubisky.

    Ahhh....gotcha....

    Yeah...I wish he was the guy....like Bernie II......(but he's not)

  • So now he wants to be called Mitchell? Great.

  • Faster than Kizer, same speed as Watson.

    4.67 speed. Same as Luck.

  • BTW, he wants to be called "Mitchell" not Mitch.

    @canton-dawg said:

    BTW, he wants to be called "Mitchell" not Mitch.

    How does he feel about "Trubs"?

    Wherever he plays that'll be the call from the stands should he ever make a play... "Trooooooooooobs".

  • @texasag1969 said:

    But he is and if the Browns take a QB instead, we can definitely label them "no brainers".

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    @mudfly said:

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    If I recall, Manziel was very articulate...but we know how that turned out.
  • @mudfly said:

    Speaking of no brains.....has anyone watched Trubiskys pressy?

    Doesnt seem too sharp to me.....and the great ones usually do.....

    wunderlik how quick he processes things???

    If I recall, Manziel was very articulate...but we know how that turned out.

    @canton-dawg said:

    If I recall, Manziel was very articulate...but we know how that turned out.

    Im not saying that every smart person is a great QB......silly position there....

    Im saying most(almost all) great QB's were smart persons.....

    I think that is THE most common denominator you will find with the best of the best.....

  • @canton-dawg said:

    If I recall, Manziel was very articulate...but we know how that turned out.

    Im not saying that every smart person is a great QB......silly position there....

    Im saying most(almost all) great QB's were smart persons.....

    I think that is THE most common denominator you will find with the best of the best.....

    @mudfly said:

    Im not saying that every smart person is a great QB......silly position there....

    Im saying most(almost all) great QB's were smart persons.....

    I think that is THE most common denominator you will find with the best of the best.....

    He is in an interview tonight on NFL Total Access along with Watson @ 7pm est. They will also have an interview with Garrett and Allen together.

    As to how Tribbles does brain wise, that all comes out in the testing and interview process. If he's dense he will drop like a rock.

  • @mudfly said:

    Im not saying that every smart person is a great QB......silly position there....

    Im saying most(almost all) great QB's were smart persons.....

    I think that is THE most common denominator you will find with the best of the best.....

    He is in an interview tonight on NFL Total Access along with Watson @ 7pm est. They will also have an interview with Garrett and Allen together.

    As to how Tribbles does brain wise, that all comes out in the testing and interview process. If he's dense he will drop like a rock.

    @texasag1969 said:

    He is in an interview tonight on NFL Total Access along with Watson @ 7pm est. They will also have an interview with Garrett and Allen together.

    As to how Tribbles does brain wise, that all comes out in the testing and interview process. If he's dense he will drop like a rock.

    NFL Network was adverting a white board session between Mooch and Trubs (sounds like a new Cop show) in that 7 PM show last nite. I recorded it for viewing today.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He is in an interview tonight on NFL Total Access along with Watson @ 7pm est. They will also have an interview with Garrett and Allen together.

    As to how Tribbles does brain wise, that all comes out in the testing and interview process. If he's dense he will drop like a rock.

    NFL Network was adverting a white board session between Mooch and Trubs (sounds like a new Cop show) in that 7 PM show last nite. I recorded it for viewing today.

    @tour2ma said:

    NFL Network was adverting a white board session between Mooch and Trubs (sounds like a new Cop show) in that 7 PM show last nite. I recorded it for viewing today.

    Ditto, I watch it tonight afterI get back from a long bike ride.

  • @tour2ma said:

    NFL Network was adverting a white board session between Mooch and Trubs (sounds like a new Cop show) in that 7 PM show last nite. I recorded it for viewing today.

    Ditto, I watch it tonight afterI get back from a long bike ride.

    @hoorta said:

    Ditto, I watch it tonight afterI get back from a long bike ride.

    Can't really tell much from the 5-minute segment, but Mitchell required more prompting than Kizer did in virtually the same segment tonite.

  • @hoorta said:

    Ditto, I watch it tonight afterI get back from a long bike ride.

    Can't really tell much from the 5-minute segment, but Mitchell required more prompting than Kizer did in virtually the same segment tonite.

    @tour2ma said:

    Can't really tell much from the 5-minute segment, but Mitchell required more prompting than Kizer did in virtually the same segment tonite.

    And I don't think he got the duplication of the play design right. I remembered more than he did, but then I wasn't under the lights either.

    EDIT: On the other hand this morning I saw Kizer knock it out of the park with Mooch's play design replication. Smart, smart kid.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/moochs-combine-whiteboards-deshone-kizer/vp-AAnPV8m

    Mitchell's with Mooch.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/moochs-combine-whiteboards-mitchell-trubisky/vp-AAnNriu

  • Less than enthralled with Mitch's chalk talk, very impressed with Kizer's.

    Kizer has that undeniable alpha mentality. I'm not sure Mitch has it.

  • Less than enthralled with Mitch's chalk talk, very impressed with Kizer's.

    Kizer has that undeniable alpha mentality. I'm not sure Mitch has it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Less than enthralled with Mitch's chalk talk, very impressed with Kizer's.

    Kizer has that undeniable alpha mentality. I'm not sure Mitch has it.

    And as for Trubisky................"And you wanta be my latex salesman"