Beware The Next Jeff George & David Carr Greatest Workouts Ever Types Today.
-
This is basically a political discussion at this point. it's all ego and emotion parading around as logic. The truth is that Gipper read an article saying Trubisky was good several months ago and he jumped on board, now anything that goes against that emotional investment must be attacked in order to preserve the core belief. Its the same as when all the democrats who so strongly opposed the war fell silent once Obama took office even though he dropped more bombs on more countries than George Bush. Just the same as when the republicans so concerned about authoritarianism and "king Obama" said jack shit once Trump went on an executive order spree. Gipper has already staked his ground that Trubisky should be selected #1. Everyone on planet earth saying Garrett is the obvious choice is an affront to his ego, his overinflated, bitten by a radioactive Axl Rose ego. Just your run of the mill, garden variety cognitive dissonance.
I've even backed off Mitch @ #1 overall- though there's still a 1% chance it could happen.
I will be pissed beyond belief if Trubisky winds up being a franchise qb for another team. Going back to another era- if I had to pick and choose, I'd still draft Joe Montana over Lawrence Taylor.
I've even backed off Mitch @ #1 overall- though there's still a 1% chance it could happen.
I will be pissed beyond belief if Trubisky winds up being a franchise qb for another team. Going back to another era- if I had to pick and choose, I'd still draft Joe Montana over Lawrence Taylor.
Interesting considering Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round in 1979 while Lawrence Taylor was drafted #2 overall in 1981; but we'll pretend you were calling it ahead way back then. Now factor in how similar Montana's college stats, accuracy and arm strength was to that of Watson (with slight edges to Watson most likely due to era). The biggest difference is skin color so you've already gone on record repeatedly that Watson can only be RG4 or the next R Glass.
You haven't backed off at all - you're full court pressing anyone that doesn't like Trubisky the best in this QB class or want him in round 1. You told Zombo about his guy. You're arguing with Tour, me and many others. Nobody has been allowed to type a weakness yet without facing you in your Lancelot armor for the kid - so keep thinking he's Peyton Manning in spite of only watching him twice.
I'd like us to draft Garrett at #1, OJ Howard at #12 and a QB somewhere after in the round his talent belongs in. We've already reached on Quinn, Weeden and Manziel in round 1 so guess what hasn't been the answer? Reaching on the wrong guys. 2 of those times better QBs were found in a later round like Derek Carr and Russell Wilson. Guys like Montana and Brady were also found well after round 1 so this has been going on for a long time now. Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted while guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Jeff Garcia had to start out in the CFL before NFL playoffs and Pro Bowls.
-
This is basically a political discussion at this point. it's all ego and emotion parading around as logic. The truth is that Gipper read an article saying Trubisky was good several months ago and he jumped on board, now anything that goes against that emotional investment must be attacked in order to preserve the core belief. Its the same as when all the democrats who so strongly opposed the war fell silent once Obama took office even though he dropped more bombs on more countries than George Bush. Just the same as when the republicans so concerned about authoritarianism and "king Obama" said jack shit once Trump went on an executive order spree. Gipper has already staked his ground that Trubisky should be selected #1. Everyone on planet earth saying Garrett is the obvious choice is an affront to his ego, his overinflated, bitten by a radioactive Axl Rose ego. Just your run of the mill, garden variety cognitive dissonance.
This is basically a political discussion at this point. it's all ego and emotion parading around as logic. The truth is that Gipper read an article saying Trubisky was good several months ago and he jumped on board, now anything that goes against that emotional investment must be attacked in order to preserve the core belief. Its the same as when all the democrats who so strongly opposed the war fell silent once Obama took office even though he dropped more bombs on more countries than George Bush. Just the same as when the republicans so concerned about authoritarianism and "king Obama" said jack shit once Trump went on an executive order spree. Gipper has already staked his ground that Trubisky should be selected #1. Everyone on planet earth saying Garrett is the obvious choice is an affront to his ego, his overinflated, bitten by a radioactive Axl Rose ego. Just your run of the mill, garden variety cognitive dissonance.
It is merely a matter of recognition of talent and potential. He has Aaron Rodgers like potential. I have seen in every film I have seen of him. Nothing to do with cognitive dissonance.
People who rate him down have one issue basically: inexperience.
People who don't see his talent are themselves "staking" out their position. They feel it is an affront to their egos that someone may question their annointed one at the top spot.
My position is simple, logical, accurate: The Browns #1 need priority IS a QB. We have someone available with what I believe is incredible potential....more so than his competitors. DE is NOT a primary priority for this team.....we just invested our 2d and 3rd round picks last year on DEs.
So...I am going by what our absolute priority need is...I am going based on what talent we already have on this team, and I am going based on potential.
I have never said that Garrett may not be a good choice. But I have countered the fagginess toward him that goes on around here. And, I have pointed out that perhaps the love affair with him may not necessarily be all that warranted based on his actual performance on the field..in comparison even to someone else in his own conference who had better production at the same position.
So...go on, take Garrett. Maybe he will help this team go from 1-15 to 2-14.
I want a franchise QB. I see no other option...not with what is on this team, not with what is available in trade/Free Agency. Nor what is available in the draft. Watson would be perhaps a #2 choice...but not as good as the #1 choice.
Logical, accurate.
-
This is basically a political discussion at this point. it's all ego and emotion parading around as logic. The truth is that Gipper read an article saying Trubisky was good several months ago and he jumped on board, now anything that goes against that emotional investment must be attacked in order to preserve the core belief. Its the same as when all the democrats who so strongly opposed the war fell silent once Obama took office even though he dropped more bombs on more countries than George Bush. Just the same as when the republicans so concerned about authoritarianism and "king Obama" said jack shit once Trump went on an executive order spree. Gipper has already staked his ground that Trubisky should be selected #1. Everyone on planet earth saying Garrett is the obvious choice is an affront to his ego, his overinflated, bitten by a radioactive Axl Rose ego. Just your run of the mill, garden variety cognitive dissonance.
Phenomenal summary.
Phenomenal summary.
So sayeth Gayrett Fag #1
-
RR has bugged Gipper's office-sad, very sad.

RR has bugged Gipper's office-sad, very sad.

So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
-
RR has bugged Gipper's office-sad, very sad.

So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
Too serious Gip-read it again in Donald Trump land.
-
So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
Too serious Gip-read it again in Donald Trump land.
Too serious Gip-read it again in Donald Trump land.
Please...you wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy, would you?
And I don't mean to affront you....I just mean to disagree with you on whom I believe the Browns should draft.
If you are affronted...well, that is a ticket that you bought for yourself.
-
This is basically a political discussion at this point. it's all ego and emotion parading around as logic. The truth is that Gipper read an article saying Trubisky was good several months ago and he jumped on board, now anything that goes against that emotional investment must be attacked in order to preserve the core belief. Its the same as when all the democrats who so strongly opposed the war fell silent once Obama took office even though he dropped more bombs on more countries than George Bush. Just the same as when the republicans so concerned about authoritarianism and "king Obama" said jack shit once Trump went on an executive order spree. Gipper has already staked his ground that Trubisky should be selected #1. Everyone on planet earth saying Garrett is the obvious choice is an affront to his ego, his overinflated, bitten by a radioactive Axl Rose ego. Just your run of the mill, garden variety cognitive dissonance.
This is basically a political discussion at this point. it's all ego and emotion parading around as logic. The truth is that Gipper read an article saying Trubisky was good several months ago and he jumped on board, now anything that goes against that emotional investment must be attacked in order to preserve the core belief. Its the same as when all the democrats who so strongly opposed the war fell silent once Obama took office even though he dropped more bombs on more countries than George Bush. Just the same as when the republicans so concerned about authoritarianism and "king Obama" said jack shit once Trump went on an executive order spree. Gipper has already staked his ground that Trubisky should be selected #1. Everyone on planet earth saying Garrett is the obvious choice is an affront to his ego, his overinflated, bitten by a radioactive Axl Rose ego. Just your run of the mill, garden variety cognitive dissonance.
Felt like I was stumbling through a maze until at last I burst through the exit, into the sunshine and the audible-embrace of Sweet Child o' Mine.
-
I've even backed off Mitch @ #1 overall- though there's still a 1% chance it could happen.
I will be pissed beyond belief if Trubisky winds up being a franchise qb for another team. Going back to another era- if I had to pick and choose, I'd still draft Joe Montana over Lawrence Taylor.
Interesting considering Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd round in 1979 while Lawrence Taylor was drafted #2 overall in 1981; but we'll pretend you were calling it ahead way back then. Now factor in how similar Montana's college stats, accuracy and arm strength was to that of Watson (with slight edges to Watson most likely due to era). The biggest difference is skin color so you've already gone on record repeatedly that Watson can only be RG4 or the next R Glass.
You haven't backed off at all - you're full court pressing anyone that doesn't like Trubisky the best in this QB class or want him in round 1. You told Zombo about his guy. You're arguing with Tour, me and many others. Nobody has been allowed to type a weakness yet without facing you in your Lancelot armor for the kid - so keep thinking he's Peyton Manning in spite of only watching him twice.
I'd like us to draft Garrett at #1, OJ Howard at #12 and a QB somewhere after in the round his talent belongs in. We've already reached on Quinn, Weeden and Manziel in round 1 so guess what hasn't been the answer? Reaching on the wrong guys. 2 of those times better QBs were found in a later round like Derek Carr and Russell Wilson. Guys like Montana and Brady were also found well after round 1 so this has been going on for a long time now. Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted while guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Jeff Garcia had to start out in the CFL before NFL playoffs and Pro Bowls.
You haven't backed off at all - you're full court pressing anyone that doesn't like Trubisky the best in this QB class or want him in round 1. You told Zombo about his guy. You're arguing with Tour, me and many others. Nobody has been allowed to type a weakness yet without facing you in your Lancelot armor for the kid - so keep thinking he's Peyton Manning in spite of only watching him twice.
I'd like us to draft Garrett at #1, OJ Howard at #12 and a QB somewhere after in the round his talent belongs in. We've already reached on Quinn, Weeden and Manziel in round 1 so guess what hasn't been the answer? Reaching on the wrong guys. 2 of those times better QBs were found in a later round like Derek Carr and Russell Wilson. Guys like Montana and Brady were also found well after round 1 so this has been going on for a long time now. Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted while guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Jeff Garcia had to start out in the CFL before NFL playoffs and Pro Bowls.
My, my- getting touchy aren't you? Like I'm the only guy who doesn't like Kizer- (who Tour doesn't care for him either) or Watson? You starting a vendetta with me or something? As far as weaknesses? And Garett doesn't have any either, I suppose. I commended the link that pointed out Trub's weaknesses FYI. What part of my statement "there's around a 1% chance of drafting Trubisky @ #1" you having trouble with? Obviously, I like Mitch's chances of succeeding- but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion to say so. No need to get all pissy about me bringing up some history. If you ask a random group of fans- who turned out to have more success in the NFL? I'd bet 80% of them would say Montana. Even Hue is giving credence to all things being equal- qb trumps pass rusher. Sorry if you don't get it yet- WHAT I'M SAYING IS AFTER THE COMBINE- IT'S NOT EQUAL ANYMORE. Not just on talent level, but body of college work- Garrett checks off way more boxes than Mitch. Don't forget the NFL put a first round grade on Trubisky- not me. So if he's not worthy of the #1 overall- I'm OK with that now. Me and Gipper have a couple bets he's not going to be there @ #12. Happy now?
Bringing up qbs that have been drafted in later rounds not second- there's a few gems there besides Carr. Dalton, Brees, and Esaison. The exceptions don't prove the rule Tom- the later you draft a qb, the poorer the odds he's going to be a top qb. Yeah they're not exactly great in the first round either, but they're a damnsite better than taking flyers in the sixth like Spergon Wynn. The stats that bear that out have been posted here plenty of times. For every Brady, there's probably 20 qbs taken in that round you've never heard of, because they were out of the league after a year or two. How many times have we gotten skunked taking factory second qbs @ #22, not to mention Frye and McCoy in the third? Or perhaps I should put the shoe on the other foot, and go on a continuous rant that taking a certain TE from Alabama at #12 is just as stupid an idea, when there's far more pressing needs at CB, safety, and DUH! quarterback.
-
Too serious Gip-read it again in Donald Trump land.
Please...you wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy, would you?
And I don't mean to affront you....I just mean to disagree with you on whom I believe the Browns should draft.
If you are affronted...well, that is a ticket that you bought for yourself.
Please...you wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy, would you?
And I don't mean to affront you....I just mean to disagree with you on whom I believe the Browns should draft.
If you are affronted...well, that is a ticket that you bought for yourself.
If I were that easily affronted, I'd a left a longtime ago.

I wouldn't wish that clearly disturbed individual on anyone and I suspect even fellow party members are quaking in their boots about what may happen on any given day the next 4 years.
But I do kind of like using his disturbed voice with comments. I know...............sad, very sad.

-
You haven't backed off at all - you're full court pressing anyone that doesn't like Trubisky the best in this QB class or want him in round 1. You told Zombo about his guy. You're arguing with Tour, me and many others. Nobody has been allowed to type a weakness yet without facing you in your Lancelot armor for the kid - so keep thinking he's Peyton Manning in spite of only watching him twice.
I'd like us to draft Garrett at #1, OJ Howard at #12 and a QB somewhere after in the round his talent belongs in. We've already reached on Quinn, Weeden and Manziel in round 1 so guess what hasn't been the answer? Reaching on the wrong guys. 2 of those times better QBs were found in a later round like Derek Carr and Russell Wilson. Guys like Montana and Brady were also found well after round 1 so this has been going on for a long time now. Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted while guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Jeff Garcia had to start out in the CFL before NFL playoffs and Pro Bowls.
My, my- getting touchy aren't you? Like I'm the only guy who doesn't like Kizer- (who Tour doesn't care for him either) or Watson? You starting a vendetta with me or something? As far as weaknesses? And Garett doesn't have any either, I suppose. I commended the link that pointed out Trub's weaknesses FYI. What part of my statement "there's around a 1% chance of drafting Trubisky @ #1" you having trouble with? Obviously, I like Mitch's chances of succeeding- but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion to say so. No need to get all pissy about me bringing up some history. If you ask a random group of fans- who turned out to have more success in the NFL? I'd bet 80% of them would say Montana. Even Hue is giving credence to all things being equal- qb trumps pass rusher. Sorry if you don't get it yet- WHAT I'M SAYING IS AFTER THE COMBINE- IT'S NOT EQUAL ANYMORE. Not just on talent level, but body of college work- Garrett checks off way more boxes than Mitch. Don't forget the NFL put a first round grade on Trubisky- not me. So if he's not worthy of the #1 overall- I'm OK with that now. Me and Gipper have a couple bets he's not going to be there @ #12. Happy now?
Bringing up qbs that have been drafted in later rounds not second- there's a few gems there besides Carr. Dalton, Brees, and Esaison. The exceptions don't prove the rule Tom- the later you draft a qb, the poorer the odds he's going to be a top qb. Yeah they're not exactly great in the first round either, but they're a damnsite better than taking flyers in the sixth like Spergon Wynn. The stats that bear that out have been posted here plenty of times. For every Brady, there's probably 20 qbs taken in that round you've never heard of, because they were out of the league after a year or two. How many times have we gotten skunked taking factory second qbs @ #22, not to mention Frye and McCoy in the third? Or perhaps I should put the shoe on the other foot, and go on a continuous rant that taking a certain TE from Alabama at #12 is just as stupid an idea, when there's far more pressing needs at CB, safety, and DUH! quarterback.
My, my- getting touchy aren't you? What part of my statement "there's around a 1% chance of drafting Trubisky @ #1" you having trouble with? Obviously, I like Mitch's chances of succeeding- but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion to say so. No need to get all pissy about me bringing up some history. If you ask a random group of fans- who turned out to have more success in the NFL? I'd bet 80% of them would say Montana. Even Hue is giving credence to all things being equal- qb trumps pass rusher. Sorry if you don't get it yet- WHAT I'M SAYING IS AFTER THE COMBINE- IT'S NOT EQUAL ANYMORE. Not just on talent level, but body of college work- Garrett checks off way more boxes than Mitch. Don't forget the NFL put a first round grade on Trubisky- not me. So if he's not worthy of the #1 overall- I'm OK with that now. Me and Gipper have a couple bets he's not going to be there @ #12. Happy now?
Bringing up qbs that have been drafted in later rounds not second- there's a few gems there besides Carr. Dalton, Brees, and Esaison. The exceptions don't prove the rule Tom- the later you draft a qb, the poorer the odds he's going to be a top qb. Yeah they're not exactly great in the first round either, but they're a damnsite better than taking flyers in the sixth like Spergon Wynn. The stats that bear that out have been posted here plenty of times. For every Brady, there's probably 20 qbs taken in that round you've never heard of, because they were out of the league after a year or two. How many times have we gotten skunked taking factory second qbs @ #22, not to mention Frye and McCoy in the third? Or perhaps I should put the shoe on the other foot, and go on a continuous rant that taking a certain TE from Alabama at #12 is just as stupid an idea, when there's far more pressing needs at CB, safety, and DUH! quarterback.
Mod edit- I had more ideas Gip.
Well....I would like to see the list of boxes that are being checked off....not for purposes of the MT/Gayrett debate, but just to see what those boxes contain....since they seem to be of ultimate importance.
I think it would be highly impossible to have the same set of boxes for a defensive player and a QB. A QB has to have his own special set of boxes it seems to me.
-
Please...you wouldn't wish that on our worst enemy, would you?
And I don't mean to affront you....I just mean to disagree with you on whom I believe the Browns should draft.
If you are affronted...well, that is a ticket that you bought for yourself.
If I were that easily affronted, I'd a left a longtime ago.

I wouldn't wish that clearly disturbed individual on anyone and I suspect even fellow party members are quaking in their boots about what may happen on any given day the next 4 years.
But I do kind of like using his disturbed voice with comments. I know...............sad, very sad.

If I were that easily affronted, I'd a left a longtime ago.

I wouldn't wish that clearly disturbed individual on anyone and I suspect even fellow party members are quaking in their boots about what may happen on any given day the next 4 years.
But I do kind of like using his disturbed voice with comments. I know...............sad, very sad.

Disturbed Voice?
-
RR has bugged Gipper's office-sad, very sad.

So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
The last time I was a big fan of Garrett was the summer before he got to A&M. Ask my Ag buddies. There are other players I like much better. But keep spewing lies. You're good at that.
-
So sayeth Gayrett Fag #2.
Now...tell me...who is it that has the emotional investment?
I am not a Mentor HS fan...not like Stan. (If he had gone to Norton/Wadsworth/Barberton/St.V.St.M...that may be different)
I am not a North Carolina fan...
I am not saying this because the guy came from Northeast Ohio. Charlie Frye is from NEO, Brian Hoyer from NEO. Brady Quinn from O-H_I-O. I wasn't of the belief that any of them were a franchise like talent.
I am certainly no Texas A&M fag like Fag #1 and Fag #2. That clouds their vision far far far more than the fact that both I and this prospect come from the same Metropolitan region.
If he were a Zip or a Buckeye...I may have had some skewed vision...but he didn't. I didn't even advocate for the Zip (Frye) that much...or the Buckeyes...(like Cardale/Barrett etc)
I am simply going based on talent/potential.
And it is people with THEIR personal agendas that take affront.
I mean...do they not want this team to have a good QB?
The last time I was a big fan of Garrett was the summer before he got to A&M. Ask my Ag buddies. There are other players I like much better. But keep spewing lies. You're good at that.
The last time I was a big fan of Garrett was the summer before he got to A&M. Ask my Ag buddies. There are other players I like much better. But keep spewing lies. You're good at that.
You prevaricate and circumulate.
You make a foolish accusation, I definitively refute it.....then you go off on another direction.
Fine, you are not a Garrett Fag...any more that I want MT because he must happens to be from the NEOpolitan. I will take you at your word.
Now...do you or do you not want the Cleveland Browns to find a franchise QB for their future?
-
The last time I was a big fan of Garrett was the summer before he got to A&M. Ask my Ag buddies. There are other players I like much better. But keep spewing lies. You're good at that.
You prevaricate and circumulate.
You make a foolish accusation, I definitively refute it.....then you go off on another direction.
Fine, you are not a Garrett Fag...any more that I want MT because he must happens to be from the NEOpolitan. I will take you at your word.
Now...do you or do you not want the Cleveland Browns to find a franchise QB for their future?
You prevaricate and circumulate.
You make a foolish accusation, I definitively refute it.....then you go off on another direction.
Fine, you are not a Garrett Fag...any more that I want MT because he must happens to be from the NEOpolitan. I will take you at your word.
Now...do you or do you not want the Cleveland Browns to find a franchise QB for their future?
Yes, if the right situation presents itself. It isn't with the #1 pick this year.
-
You prevaricate and circumulate.
You make a foolish accusation, I definitively refute it.....then you go off on another direction.
Fine, you are not a Garrett Fag...any more that I want MT because he must happens to be from the NEOpolitan. I will take you at your word.
Now...do you or do you not want the Cleveland Browns to find a franchise QB for their future?
Yes, if the right situation presents itself. It isn't with the #1 pick this year.
Yes, if the right situation presents itself. It isn't with the #1 pick this year.
Then why was it so hard for you to simply state that you disagreed with my opinion on the subject...instead of trying to denigrate that opinion?
And then this presents the question....if not #1 this year...then when? #12?
I wish all of you were right....that all the teams in the NFL would take the belief that MT is not a top QB prospect. If we could get Garrett at #1 and MT at #12...I would be perfectly satisfied. It would be the best of both worlds.
Ain't gonna happen though. 4 of the top 6 teams need a QB. MT WILL get drafted by one of them. Watson too in my opinion. Neither will be there at #12.
Then what? Stick with RG and Kessler? Go the FA route? Make a trade? For who? Take a chance on someone lower in the draft...and hope we get Tom Brady/Russell Wilson lucky? Not a good plan I don't think.
-
12 for Trubisky, 33 for Garoppollo, or roll with Kessler, that's what I'd do.
-
33 for Garoppollo or roll with Kessler, that's what I'd do.
I'm good with this
-
12 for Trubisky, 33 for Garoppollo, or roll with Kessler, that's what I'd do.
I'd make12 an either/or with Watson
-
You haven't backed off at all - you're full court pressing anyone that doesn't like Trubisky the best in this QB class or want him in round 1. You told Zombo about his guy. You're arguing with Tour, me and many others. Nobody has been allowed to type a weakness yet without facing you in your Lancelot armor for the kid - so keep thinking he's Peyton Manning in spite of only watching him twice.
I'd like us to draft Garrett at #1, OJ Howard at #12 and a QB somewhere after in the round his talent belongs in. We've already reached on Quinn, Weeden and Manziel in round 1 so guess what hasn't been the answer? Reaching on the wrong guys. 2 of those times better QBs were found in a later round like Derek Carr and Russell Wilson. Guys like Montana and Brady were also found well after round 1 so this has been going on for a long time now. Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted while guys like Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Jeff Garcia had to start out in the CFL before NFL playoffs and Pro Bowls.
My, my- getting touchy aren't you? Like I'm the only guy who doesn't like Kizer- (who Tour doesn't care for him either) or Watson? You starting a vendetta with me or something? As far as weaknesses? And Garett doesn't have any either, I suppose. I commended the link that pointed out Trub's weaknesses FYI. What part of my statement "there's around a 1% chance of drafting Trubisky @ #1" you having trouble with? Obviously, I like Mitch's chances of succeeding- but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion to say so. No need to get all pissy about me bringing up some history. If you ask a random group of fans- who turned out to have more success in the NFL? I'd bet 80% of them would say Montana. Even Hue is giving credence to all things being equal- qb trumps pass rusher. Sorry if you don't get it yet- WHAT I'M SAYING IS AFTER THE COMBINE- IT'S NOT EQUAL ANYMORE. Not just on talent level, but body of college work- Garrett checks off way more boxes than Mitch. Don't forget the NFL put a first round grade on Trubisky- not me. So if he's not worthy of the #1 overall- I'm OK with that now. Me and Gipper have a couple bets he's not going to be there @ #12. Happy now?
Bringing up qbs that have been drafted in later rounds not second- there's a few gems there besides Carr. Dalton, Brees, and Esaison. The exceptions don't prove the rule Tom- the later you draft a qb, the poorer the odds he's going to be a top qb. Yeah they're not exactly great in the first round either, but they're a damnsite better than taking flyers in the sixth like Spergon Wynn. The stats that bear that out have been posted here plenty of times. For every Brady, there's probably 20 qbs taken in that round you've never heard of, because they were out of the league after a year or two. How many times have we gotten skunked taking factory second qbs @ #22, not to mention Frye and McCoy in the third? Or perhaps I should put the shoe on the other foot, and go on a continuous rant that taking a certain TE from Alabama at #12 is just as stupid an idea, when there's far more pressing needs at CB, safety, and DUH! quarterback.
My, my- getting touchy aren't you? Like I'm the only guy who doesn't like Kizer- (who Tour doesn't care for him either) or Watson? You starting a vendetta with me or something? As far as weaknesses? And Garett doesn't have any either, I suppose. I commended the link that pointed out Trub's weaknesses FYI. What part of my statement "there's around a 1% chance of drafting Trubisky @ #1" you having trouble with? Obviously, I like Mitch's chances of succeeding- but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion to say so. No need to get all pissy about me bringing up some history. If you ask a random group of fans- who turned out to have more success in the NFL? I'd bet 80% of them would say Montana. Even Hue is giving credence to all things being equal- qb trumps pass rusher. Sorry if you don't get it yet- WHAT I'M SAYING IS AFTER THE COMBINE- IT'S NOT EQUAL ANYMORE. Not just on talent level, but body of college work- Garrett checks off way more boxes than Mitch. Don't forget the NFL put a first round grade on Trubisky- not me. So if he's not worthy of the #1 overall- I'm OK with that now. Me and Gipper have a couple bets he's not going to be there @ #12. Happy now?
Bringing up qbs that have been drafted in later rounds not second- there's a few gems there besides Carr. Dalton, Brees, and Esaison. The exceptions don't prove the rule Tom- the later you draft a qb, the poorer the odds he's going to be a top qb. Yeah they're not exactly great in the first round either, but they're a damnsite better than taking flyers in the sixth like Spergon Wynn. The stats that bear that out have been posted here plenty of times. For every Brady, there's probably 20 qbs taken in that round you've never heard of, because they were out of the league after a year or two. How many times have we gotten skunked taking factory second qbs @ #22, not to mention Frye and McCoy in the third? Or perhaps I should put the shoe on the other foot, and go on a continuous rant that taking a certain TE from Alabama at #12 is just as stupid an idea, when there's far more pressing needs at CB, safety, and DUH! quarterback.
There's no problem with you sticking to your gut with Trubisky at #1. It just rubbed me the wrong way when you changed to Camp Garrett acting like it's a drag and if Trubisky IS a Franchise QB for someone else - you're gonna go off.
This is a weak QB draft according to a consensus of scouts/experts/analysts that are more open-minded than fans wanting a local kid. Tour tried explaining this to you about the weak draft but you but up a China wall to his points and dismissed them.
Charlie Casserly just explained none of the QBs are good enough to be in the Top 10 so he has us taking Trubisky at #12 in his Mock draft tonight on the NFL Channel. He's got a lot of experience as a GM and he sees us getting Garrett and Trubisky.
I complimented both Watson and Trubisky after the combine. Having said that, I can't wrap my head around investing a 1st round pick on either for our situation. How many different QBs here couldn't even survive starts (some twice) last year? Whitehurst, Kessler, RG3 and McCown. Our TE couldn't outrun a mannequin last year and he'll be 32; Pryor may not be back; our line needs improvement. We can't keep drafting first round picks that don't pan out. It's killed us to date. Me thinks if Dak Prescott came here last year - he wouldn't have been nearly as successful as the Dallas line, running game, and Dez Bryant & Jason Witten enabled him to be. People still complain that Couch never had a chance. If you think you're tired of arguing now - what til you have to defend why your guy is struggling every week.
I think I'm all QB'd out. There will be a lot of guys on our door step that can really help improve us this year. I'm going to start focusing more on rounds 2-7 and free agency.
Favre and Rypien were also 2nd round QBs to add to our already mentioned Brees, Carr, Dalton, and Esiason.
-
12 for Trubisky, 33 for Garoppollo, or roll with Kessler, that's what I'd do.
I'd make12 an either/or with Watson
I'd make12 an either/or with Watson
Actually let me amend this. QBs I'd be acceptable with:
1 overall for Cousins
12 for Trubisky OR Grop
33 for Watson
45 for Mahomes
Roll with Kessler
Also cool with Tyrod.
Not cool with Kaepernick for any price. Even though I'm a far right winger, I don't care about the national anthem stuff (I'm consistent here). He's just not very good.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login