OK, just announce we're taking Garrett....
-
All of u expecting 4 sacks out of garett his first game need to step back a moment. He is not as of now as NFL ready as mack or bosa were....but his ceiling is potentially higher. We have nassib and ogbah whom im expecting to do the heavy lifting early on and garett comes in on pass rushing downs. And i want that to go on for awhile. I dont want garett thrown in there on day one and gets himself in an awkward pile and boom something blows out.
The nfl game is different than college, the physics is different. Those situations u could throw urself into in college will get u fucked up in the nfl. They teach different footwork to the guys on tjeblines for that reason so that their knees are less exposed. This takes time to learn.
Im not going to be calling garett a bust mudeay through next seadon when he may only have a sack or two. That way if he exceeds that expectation ill be pleasantly surprised.
-
Got it, so we shouldn't take a QB at #1 because, as you've pointed out, none of them are surefire Hall of Famers. We can just grab one at #12 or later, since it's at best a 50/50 shot anyway.
Glad to see you jumped over to the logical camp.
Again....you are either being completely moronic...or simply perverse. EVERY position you take.....QB, DE, OT, ....is a risk. So we should not take a DE either....by YOUR logic.
Half the QBs were flops, half the OTs were flops, half the DEs were flops.
So....maybe we should just trade down.
I am still not necessarily opposed to doing a trade down: #1 to the Tits for #5 and #18?
Oh god no not again. We need to stockpile elite talent, trading down never works for us. Trading down cost is mack and bosa.....just contemplate for a moment either of those two, or both (delirious thoughts), being on the browns?
-
Oh god no not again. We need to stockpile elite talent, trading down never works for us. Trading down cost is mack and bosa.....just contemplate for a moment either of those two, or both (delirious thoughts), being on the browns?
Oh god no not again. We need to stockpile elite talent, trading down never works for us. Trading down cost is mack and bosa.....just contemplate for a moment either of those two, or both (delirious thoughts), being on the browns?
Bosa was gone we never had a chance of getting him
-
Got it, so we shouldn't take a QB at #1 because, as you've pointed out, none of them are surefire Hall of Famers. We can just grab one at #12 or later, since it's at best a 50/50 shot anyway.
Glad to see you jumped over to the logical camp.
Again....you are either being completely moronic...or simply perverse. EVERY position you take.....QB, DE, OT, ....is a risk. So we should not take a DE either....by YOUR logic.
Half the QBs were flops, half the OTs were flops, half the DEs were flops.
So....maybe we should just trade down.
I am still not necessarily opposed to doing a trade down: #1 to the Tits for #5 and #18?
Again....you are either being completely moronic...or simply perverse. EVERY position you take.....QB, DE, OT, ....is a risk. So we should not take a DE either....by YOUR logic.
Half the QBs were flops, half the OTs were flops, half the DEs were flops.
So....maybe we should just trade down.
I am still not necessarily opposed to doing a trade down: #1 to the Tits for #5 and #18?
If the odds are 50/50 regardless of position, why would you not take the highest rated player regardless of position?
-
Again....you are either being completely moronic...or simply perverse. EVERY position you take.....QB, DE, OT, ....is a risk. So we should not take a DE either....by YOUR logic.
Half the QBs were flops, half the OTs were flops, half the DEs were flops.
So....maybe we should just trade down.
I am still not necessarily opposed to doing a trade down: #1 to the Tits for #5 and #18?
If the odds are 50/50 regardless of position, why would you not take the highest rated player regardless of position?
If the odds are 50/50 regardless of position, why would you not take the highest rated player regardless of position?
Because this is the Browns. It's what they do....................................Q the chainsaw ad (Are you crazy, not the running car!).
-
Oh god no not again. We need to stockpile elite talent, trading down never works for us. Trading down cost is mack and bosa.....just contemplate for a moment either of those two, or both (delirious thoughts), being on the browns?
Bosa was gone we never had a chance of getting him
Bosa was gone we never had a chance of getting him
Not true. The Browns had the #2 pick. Could have picked him. They traded #2 to the Eagles. Then SD took Bosa with pick #3.
Yes, they could have had Bosa with pick #2...which IS what I wanted.
-
Bosa was gone we never had a chance of getting him
Not true. The Browns had the #2 pick. Could have picked him. They traded #2 to the Eagles. Then SD took Bosa with pick #3.
Yes, they could have had Bosa with pick #2...which IS what I wanted.
Not true. The Browns had the #2 pick. Could have picked him. They traded #2 to the Eagles. Then SD took Bosa with pick #3.
Yes, they could have had Bosa with pick #2...which IS what I wanted.
Assumed he meant on draft night.
-
Again....you are either being completely moronic...or simply perverse. EVERY position you take.....QB, DE, OT, ....is a risk. So we should not take a DE either....by YOUR logic.
Half the QBs were flops, half the OTs were flops, half the DEs were flops.
So....maybe we should just trade down.
I am still not necessarily opposed to doing a trade down: #1 to the Tits for #5 and #18?
If the odds are 50/50 regardless of position, why would you not take the highest rated player regardless of position?
If the odds are 50/50 regardless of position, why would you not take the highest rated player regardless of position?
Well, that is one approach....but it is an approach that is not often followed. Perhaps there have been years when the highest rated player was an OG, or an OC, or a DB, or a TE
But, in the history of the NFL ..and AFL draft since 1936:
A. NO OG has ever been taken #1.
B. 1 OC was: Ki Aldrich in 1939,
C. 1 DB was: Gary Glick in 1956.
D. 1 TE was: Billy Cannon 1960
E. 3 DTs
F. 4 OTs
G. 5 WRs
H. 11 DEs
I. 22 RBs (none since 1995...Kijana Carter was the last)
J. 34 QBs
So, obviously, the QB position is considered the most critical....and over 3 times as many QBs than DEs have been taken #1.
If there IS a reason to go against the "best rated player" it is to get a QB.
You can believe in that philosophy or not...but the fact is whether YOU do or don't....NFL teams do.
-
Not true. The Browns had the #2 pick. Could have picked him. They traded #2 to the Eagles. Then SD took Bosa with pick #3.
Yes, they could have had Bosa with pick #2...which IS what I wanted.
Assumed he meant on draft night.
Assumed he meant on draft night.
Not sure why that matters. On draft night they had the 15th pick. And they made the trade only a day or two earlier, no?
Point is...unlike what TCPO advocates the Browns did NOT elect to select the highest rated player when they basically had to chance to do so.
If I recall correctly, Bosa's "rating/grade" was much higher essentially than either of the QBs.
I mean, it is hindsight, but we should have gone for the DE last year (as I think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett), and we shoulda gone QB this year.
-
Not true. The Browns had the #2 pick. Could have picked him. They traded #2 to the Eagles. Then SD took Bosa with pick #3.
Yes, they could have had Bosa with pick #2...which IS what I wanted.
Assumed he meant on draft night.
Assumed he meant on draft night.
no i was talking about dollar beer night
-
Assumed he meant on draft night.
Not sure why that matters. On draft night they had the 15th pick. And they made the trade only a day or two earlier, no?
Point is...unlike what TCPO advocates the Browns did NOT elect to select the highest rated player when they basically had to chance to do so.
If I recall correctly, Bosa's "rating/grade" was much higher essentially than either of the QBs.
I mean, it is hindsight, but we should have gone for the DE last year (as I think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett), and we shoulda gone QB this year.
I mean, it is hindsight, but we should have gone for the DE last year (as I think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett), and we shoulda gone QB this year.
ikr? sigh. If only we had gotten Marrone or another 4-3 guy instead of Horton. I believe the belief in Berea that Bosa was not suited to the 3-4 was the reason they balked on him. But then again Pettine Balked on Mack who might could very well be in the hall of fame at 3 different positions by the time it's his turn. Why he wasn't seen as a fit for the 3-4 is beyond me too. Only in Cleveland.
-
Assumed he meant on draft night.
no i was talking about dollar beer night
no i was talking about dollar beer night
ah.... draught nite...
-
So can any of you unbiased A&M (oxymoron?)
guys give your honest thoughts on Garrett being the next Khalil Mack vs the next Mingo? I haven't seen him play a snap, but hearing things from some of the 'experts' in the media (oxymoron?) about him disappearing against top talent has me concerned. Just looking for someone who has watched him play multiple games and can give an honest good vs bad scouting opinion, as well as your overall prediction, whether he's a Brown or not.
-
Every draft pick is risk/reward but some are risky than others. Trubisky is a big risk at #1
-
Assumed he meant on draft night.
Not sure why that matters. On draft night they had the 15th pick. And they made the trade only a day or two earlier, no?
Point is...unlike what TCPO advocates the Browns did NOT elect to select the highest rated player when they basically had to chance to do so.
If I recall correctly, Bosa's "rating/grade" was much higher essentially than either of the QBs.
I mean, it is hindsight, but we should have gone for the DE last year (as I think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett), and we shoulda gone QB this year.
Not sure why that matters. On draft night they had the 15th pick. And they made the trade only a day or two earlier, no?
Point is...unlike what TCPO advocates the Browns did NOT elect to select the highest rated player when they basically had to chance to do so.
If I recall correctly, Bosa's "rating/grade" was much higher essentially than either of the QBs.
I mean, it is hindsight, but we should have gone for the DE last year (as I think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett), and we shoulda gone QB this year.
So you think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett, despite the fact that Garrett's prospect score is higher?
But I thought the NFL prospect score was all that matters...
-
So can any of you unbiased A&M (oxymoron?)
guys give your honest thoughts on Garrett being the next Khalil Mack vs the next Mingo? I haven't seen him play a snap, but hearing things from some of the 'experts' in the media (oxymoron?) about him disappearing against top talent has me concerned. Just looking for someone who has watched him play multiple games and can give an honest good vs bad scouting opinion, as well as your overall prediction, whether he's a Brown or not.
I only watched 3 A&M games last year, and the guy is strong and athletic as hell.So can any of you unbiased A&M (oxymoron?)
guys give your honest thoughts on Garrett being the next Khalil Mack vs the next Mingo? I haven't seen him play a snap, but hearing things from some of the 'experts' in the media (oxymoron?) about him disappearing against top talent has me concerned. Just looking for someone who has watched him play multiple games and can give an honest good vs bad scouting opinion, as well as your overall prediction, whether he's a Brown or not.
But just because you're good in college, doesn't always carry over into the NFL.
If the Browns go defense on the first pick I hope it's Garrett.
I just hope he doesn't turn into another FRAB (First Round Aggie Bust).
-
no i was talking about dollar beer night
ah.... draught nite...
-
Not sure why that matters. On draft night they had the 15th pick. And they made the trade only a day or two earlier, no?
Point is...unlike what TCPO advocates the Browns did NOT elect to select the highest rated player when they basically had to chance to do so.
If I recall correctly, Bosa's "rating/grade" was much higher essentially than either of the QBs.
I mean, it is hindsight, but we should have gone for the DE last year (as I think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett), and we shoulda gone QB this year.
So you think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett, despite the fact that Garrett's prospect score is higher?
But I thought the NFL prospect score was all that matters...
So you think Bosa was a better prospect than Garrett, despite the fact that Garrett's prospect score is higher?
But I thought the NFL prospect score was all that matters...
There's things that Bosa does better than Garrett and things Garrett does better. If Horton were still here and we were running that fucking 3-4, and both of em were coming out...i'd say Garett's a better 3-4 olb'er prospect forgetting what Bosa did in SD this past year. If Bosa was comign out this year I'd want him as I think he was a more complete 43 DE than Garrett was. Better fit in Williams scheme imo.
-
With the 3 premium prospects....Clowney, Bosa and Garrett all just starting out....it'll be interesting to see who breaks out and who doesnt.....maybe they'll all be stars....
Based upon body type and mentality alone...I predict Bosa has the longest(& most notable) career......with Clowney being the one to flame out
-
With the 3 premium prospects....Clowney, Bosa and Garrett all just starting out....it'll be interesting to see who breaks out and who doesnt.....maybe they'll all be stars....
Based upon body type and mentality alone...I predict Bosa has the longest(& most notable) career......with Clowney being the one to flame out
With the 3 premium prospects....Clowney, Bosa and Garrett all just starting out....it'll be interesting to see who breaks out and who doesnt.....maybe they'll all be stars....
Based upon body type and mentality alone...I predict Bosa has the longest(& most notable) career......with Clowney being the one to flame out
i would have agreed before this year but you can't discount what Clowneys done this year. It looks like he's become a complete edge player.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login