Skip to content

OK, just announce we're taking Garrett....

The Browns Board
353 42 9.4k
  • http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-ron-rivera-im-not-gonna-lie-cam-newton-was-shook-last-season/

    "On Wednesday from the league meetings in Arizona, Panthers coach Ron Rivera expounded on what Newton endured last season.

    “He’s gonna have to rebuild his confidence. I mean, he was shook. Let’s be honest. I’m not going to lie about that,” Rivera said, via NFL.com. “The young man went through a tough time and we went through a tough time. Why? Because of the injuries that we suffered on the offensive line. That was probably was the biggest thing. It just kind of shows you the more of the importance of being able to protect your quarterback.”

    Well Duh!!

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @texasag1969 said:

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-ron-rivera-im-not-gonna-lie-cam-newton-was-shook-last-season/

    "On Wednesday from the league meetings in Arizona, Panthers coach Ron Rivera expounded on what Newton endured last season.

    “He’s gonna have to rebuild his confidence. I mean, he was shook. Let’s be honest. I’m not going to lie about that,” Rivera said, via NFL.com. “The young man went through a tough time and we went through a tough time. Why? Because of the injuries that we suffered on the offensive line. That was probably was the biggest thing. It just kind of shows you the more of the importance of being able to protect your quarterback.”

    Well Duh!!

    No....that can't be possible. Ron Rivera clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Offensive lineman are all fatasses with no talent and they're a dime a dozen. Doesn't matter who they are, they are all interchangeable.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    Garrett is this years Clowney.

    If you want him get him question is who wants the #1 this year? We can still trade down a couple of spots and get a blue chipper.

  • Garrett is this years Clowney.

    If you want him get him question is who wants the #1 this year? We can still trade down a couple of spots and get a blue chipper.

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by

    @one-post said:

    Garrett is this years Clowney.

    If you want him get him question is who wants the #1 this year? We can still trade down a couple of spots and get a blue chipper.

    We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

  • @one-post said:

    Garrett is this years Clowney.

    If you want him get him question is who wants the #1 this year? We can still trade down a couple of spots and get a blue chipper.

    We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @runyon27 said:

    We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

    Uhhhh yep!!!

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    The word suck actually isnt strong enuff to define our ineptitude at the strategic trade down

  • @runyon27 said:

    We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

    Uhhhh yep!!!

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    Uhhhh yep!!!

    You wanna go do karate in the basement!!
  • @clevfan4life said:

    Uhhhh yep!!!

    You wanna go do karate in the basement!!
    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @comeonman said:

    You wanna go do karate in the basement!!

    No not really

  • The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

    We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

  • @d-bone said:

    The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

    We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

    The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

  • @d-bone said:

    The fact that Garrett competed today at his pro-day, when he easily could've Jadeveon Clowney'd it, makes me feel much better about his motor. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but today got me closer.

    We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    ..No Wheel-lies

    lol!! Soon my friend, very soon....

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Uhhhh yep!!!

    You wanna go do karate in the basement!!
    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @comeonman said:

    You wanna go do karate in the basement!!

    lol I got it.

  • @gumby73 said:

    We need so many good football players at any position,need really does not matter. Garrett has been the biggest name in college football past 2 years. Not many can fault us for taking Garrett #1..but watch what happens when & if Garrett fails. "THE BROWNS did not do their homework on this guy". Garrett to me is the safest pick at #1. followed by your Cali guy Solomon Thomas than Jamal Adams..28 days to go..No Wheel-lies

    The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @cambridgeho said:

    The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

    It's seems that this years draft has solid finds thru maybe 2.5 rounds. I like the fact that comp. picks (4th) our now trade-able. But this FO has also build ammo into 2018 draft that they may very well use in small slide ups for a more talented player like in Hooker at a need..Draft Capital is a nice thing to have. just depends how they use it..you can end up with 26 football players such as Scooby in 2 drafts vs 10 true football starters as in Hooker..Build thru the Draft was their statement..It's Showtime!!

  • @cambridgeho said:

    The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

    It's seems that this years draft has solid finds thru maybe 2.5 rounds. I like the fact that comp. picks (4th) our now trade-able. But this FO has also build ammo into 2018 draft that they may very well use in small slide ups for a more talented player like in Hooker at a need..Draft Capital is a nice thing to have. just depends how they use it..you can end up with 26 football players such as Scooby in 2 drafts vs 10 true football starters as in Hooker..Build thru the Draft was their statement..It's Showtime!!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @gumby73 said:

    Build thru the Draft was their statement..It's Showtime!!

    Uh, maybe. And maybe 2016 rinse, repeat. What is the end game plan?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Build thru the Draft was their statement..It's Showtime!!

    Uh, maybe. And maybe 2016 rinse, repeat. What is the end game plan?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Uh, maybe. And maybe 2016 rinse, repeat. What is the end game plan?

    So Far..The Good-spend millions on a much needed OL fix..we shall see..The Bad--far to much dough on Britt (maybe)..The Ugly-ArssWelder,really? 16M cause we had to spend the money to avoid cap rules..that 2nd better be a good pick cause that 8th rounder is not happening..Am off to my non millions year round job 😛 Somehow my cap money has to pay my mortgage day,,ask my Arss Wifer...

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    I'm reading more and more how we're super high on Malik Hooker. Although I desperately want Hooker on this team, I'm a tiny bit scared we'd consider him #1 overall. We need a potential elite pass rusher so badly, but have you SEEN our safeties? LOL.

    I'm really kind of joking...I don't THINK we'd ever consider a safety who is currently recovering from two surgeries for the freaking #1 overall pick. That being said, I wouldn't rule out the Browns trying to move up from #12 in an attempt to grab Hooker somewhere in the top ten. I read San Fran is extremely high on the guy as well, but picking a safety at #2 is almost unheard of, isn't it?

    I'm perfectly ok with trading in the first round, AS LONG AS we don't muck around with the #1. I want Garrett. I want the 6'4, 270 pound terror who runs a 4.62 40 and jumps 41 inches. I haven't done this in a LONG time, in fact, I can't remember the last one I went out and purchased....but if we draft Myles Garrett...I'm buying the jersey immediately.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    The Browns are really high on Hooker as well. They made from 12 up to around 6-8 range and give up a second as well.

    It's seems that this years draft has solid finds thru maybe 2.5 rounds. I like the fact that comp. picks (4th) our now trade-able. But this FO has also build ammo into 2018 draft that they may very well use in small slide ups for a more talented player like in Hooker at a need..Draft Capital is a nice thing to have. just depends how they use it..you can end up with 26 football players such as Scooby in 2 drafts vs 10 true football starters as in Hooker..Build thru the Draft was their statement..It's Showtime!!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    It's seems that this years draft has solid finds thru maybe 2.5 rounds.

    ... or even a little more, but fuck "solid". I feel like we did solid last year...

    Even if solid was the first time in a long time last year, this year I want "outstanding".

  • @one-post said:

    Garrett is this years Clowney.

    If you want him get him question is who wants the #1 this year? We can still trade down a couple of spots and get a blue chipper.

    We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @runyon27 said:

    We suck at the trade down, lets just take the best guy for once.

    We have just sucked at picking players.....trade down (Gilbert...remains to be seen about Coleman), trade up (JMZ and TR), staying put.

    (Mingo...Erving)

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Garrett's official numbers now in: 40 in 4.57 and 4.62, and had a 10-6 broad jump. He stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine.

    4.57 are you kidding me?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    I didn't read 4.57...but Jesus. Just watched a video of him running the 40 with his shirt off and I almost crapped my pants. He almost doesn't look REAL. And I know, I know...there's WAY more to football than just looking buff, but I'm assuming it doesn't hurt to be faster than hell and extremely strong either.